REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:57 AM   #26
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

It looked like a video game. Very disheartening. RIP. Please cut off his ballz and let him bleed to death.
Advertisement
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
+1 for the kid who cracked an egg on that racist senator and taking video of the incident.

FYI, that New Zealand senator is facing censure for his anti-Muslim comments about immigration.

Last edited by pastarocket; 03-16-2019 at 08:40 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
+1 for the kid who cracked an egg on that racist senator and taking video of the incident.

FYI, that New Zealand senator is facing censure for his anti-Muslim comments about immigration.

https://youtu.be/G2-RIBQyNQE

he blamed the terror attack in NZ on muslims for emigrating to NZ.... ffs
I know racism is rampant in OZ but god damn...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
There is a reason why there is a disconnect between his comments regarding his travels and what he did. He mentions admiring the people of Pakistan, but he hates immigrants. He labelled the Muslims in question as foreign invaders partly because they had immigrated.

Furthermore, people have to remember that Islam is not a race, it's a religion. Yes, a majority of followers are middle eastern, but ultimately there are members from every race. The shooter lays it out very specifically in his manifesto, he intended to sow division and hatred, which seems to have worked with a large amount of people who can't see the bigger picture.

More people need to see this as an attack on everyone, I can't count the number of racist remarks (from every direction) regarding this incident, it's an embarrassment, and it's exactly what he wants.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2019, 12:27 PM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
I can't condone violence over words, no matter how disagreeable or disgusting those comments may be. Cracking an egg over someone's head is physical assault. This kid gave the terrorist the response he was looking for.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #31
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
I can't condone violence over words, no matter how disagreeable or disgusting those comments may be. Cracking an egg over someone's head is physical assault. This kid gave the terrorist the response he was looking for.
He was looking to start a race war and unit all white people. This is white on white crime. It did the opposite of what he wanted.

Quote:
can't solve racism with a gat
But this is where my head's at get 'em with a jack back
Old 03-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #32
I subscribe to Revscene

Is there a populated comment section in Canadian news to see how Canadians are reacting to this. Lots of censorship.

There's a large backing of this terrorist act on the internets... people are literately giving each-other high's in the privacy of their homes.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2019, 01:14 PM   #33
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
I think people would care more about these events if they didn’t fucking politicize every single fucking thing

Twitter is full of comments re: trump and conservatives, like fuck off
Old 03-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I think people would care more about these events if they didn’t fucking politicize every single fucking thing

Twitter is full of comments re: trump and conservatives, like fuck off
Well the shooter did praised trump. Trump also said he had a lot of tought people on his side. this guy is one of them.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2019, 01:30 PM   #35
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
If one was to ask how he became radicalized I think you have to look no further than Paris.

For someone with a claimed love for Europe and his Eu heritage, it doesn't take much to see how someone could make a connection of Muslims being a bad thing and being in his eyes "invaders"

Berz out.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
If one was to ask how he became radicalized I think you have to look no further than Paris.

For someone with a claimed love for Europe and his Eu heritage, it doesn't take much to see how someone could make a connection of Muslims being a bad thing and being in his eyes "invaders"

https://youtu.be/Q5cA1bC8J1k

Berz out.
That video is complete B.S.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #37

Fake news right? Spin dat shit #Politics
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2019, 02:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Fake news right? Spin dat shit #Politics
Do you know where that video is from. I could take a video of the tent city in Nanaimo and claim it was a Muslim hoard that invaded Nanaimo and set up camp.

Lets see the date, time and location that video was taken.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #39
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Do you know where that video is from. I could take a video of the tent city in Nanaimo and claim it was a Muslim hoard that invaded Nanaimo and set up camp.

Lets see the date, time and location that video was taken.

Now I know he's a bit of a controversial person but, France is no longer the France it was a few years ago. This no one can deny.

My point in this isn't to debate your opinion on the matter but to point out how a person could be swayed by a sense of nationalism or loyalty to act out towards a particular group who is seen as causing harm to a way of life or country.

Berz out.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

I don't really care if that video of Paris is real or not but you can go down East Hastings, take a similar 5 min video and say white people ruined Vancouver if you want to be a xenophobic dumbass.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #41

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
I don't really care if that video of Paris is real or not but you can go down East Hastings, take a similar 5 min video and say white people ruined Vancouver if you want to be a xenophobic dumbass.
Yeah, the difference is, if you go on East Hastings, no one is going to harass you. Everyone on Hastings minds their own damn business. I volunteer once a month on E. hastings at a church/food shelter and I never get harassed. People just do their own shit. Granted i've seen people shoot up or people tripping out in their own world, but no one ever says anything to me. Sometimes i'm in a collared shirt because I go right after work, so I look like a half decent middle class male in slacks and a collared shirt and I still don't get harassed.

That shit in Paris is totally believable. If true, that is horrendous.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #42

Nice and southern France is a cess pool of refugees from Northern Africa. I’d say this is virtually idisputable.

I was first there in 2014 and the problem was evident. My parents went at the start of 2016 and said they would never go back after witnessing 3 different “robberies” essentially

Some people are truly fucked. Their political association or pregidouses are irrelevant compared to their mental issues. However a lot of these ideals are being formed by people who are seeing this shit come to their communities like in southern France (I know nothing of the NZ situation so I’m not sure if immigration and refugees are truly an issue there or not.)
Old 03-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Yeah, the difference is, if you go on East Hastings, no one is going to harass you. Everyone on Hastings minds their own damn business. I volunteer once a month on E. hastings at a church/food shelter and I never get harassed. People just do their own shit. Granted i've seen people shoot up or people tripping out in their own world, but no one ever says anything to me. Sometimes i'm in a collared shirt because I go right after work, so I look like a half decent middle class male in slacks and a collared shirt and I still don't get harassed.

That shit in Paris is totally believable. If true, that is horrendous.

Top search result for a recent Paris travel video, wow looks absolutely beautiful!

The point was you can't determine the safety or make up of a city on youtube videos that can be altered in any way the maker wants.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2019, 04:48 PM   #44
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
https://youtu.be/56b_rmUHUg4

Now I know he's a bit of a controversial person but, France is no longer the France it was a few years ago. This no one can deny.

My point in this isn't to debate your opinion on the matter but to point out how a person could be swayed by a sense of nationalism or loyalty to act out towards a particular group who is seen as causing harm to a way of life or country.

Berz out.
Really some alt right commentator on youtube. he uses the most of the same video clips from the other video.

Pic from Paris in the last 24 hours.

Look at all those crazy white people setting stuff on fire. We should ban all white people from Europe from coming here and send all the ones living here back.

European white people just can't control themselves.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #46
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
I knew this thread would turn this way eventually. I was wondering who the first "well, he had a point" person would be
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #47

People protesting gas taxes and an ever increasing personal tax? Sounds appealing to me honestly. The only thing preventing B.C. from protesting in a similar matter imo is the absentee owners.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I knew this thread would turn this way eventually. I was wondering who the first "well, he had a point" person would be
He didn’t have a point. He’s the ultimate peice of shit. Literally no one is worse than these people, somone who murders 40+ people in pre-meditated cold blood is far worse than the serial rapist who killed 4 teenage girls, the guy who killed 5 hookers, hell hes worse than willy pikton.

He isn’t bad however because he mentioned trump, or because he’s perceived as “conservative” or right wing.

The politicization of events like these literally defines the breakdown of society and any rational thinking/analysis of these events.

When you relate anything like this with an ideology you paint such large swatches of society with the same brush that OF COURSE people start thinking the same way. People are too fucking dumb not too.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:31 PM   #49

Quote:
People protesting gas taxes and an ever increasing personal tax? Sounds appealing to me honestly. The only thing preventing B.C. from protesting in a similar matter imo is the absentee owners.
So that''s a good reason to burn down buildings? Including a 7 story apartment building that was set on fire injuring 11?

Muslims are some of the most hated people in the world right now and the orange orangutan used them as a scapegoat to get elected.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:28 PM   #50
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
the shooter wants to be a living 'martyr'... you can bet there will be copycat attacks by both groups of 'fanatics' and 'terrorists'. the world is really messed up now and i really don't think there is a way out.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote