REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #126
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Am I the only one here that isn't surprise by this? Maybe over the years there are just too many of these "Big events" that I just don't really care anymore unless it affect me/my family/relatives/friends directly. I mean yea it sucks this happen but the gov aren't doing anything major to try to prevent this from happening again. All I see is that if something like this happen again the PM or whoever just come and give a few speech to make it sound like they care but in reality it doens't seem like they care.

Or maybe I am too numb from what's happening that I don't just don't have any feelings for these type of events any longer.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:53 AM   #127
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
With comedy like that in your arsenal I'm surprised you had to lie to your kids to lighten the mood.
I'm here all week folks. Remember to tip your waitress.

Quote:
I remember my grandpa dying when I was 8 and how sad everyone was and it fucking sucked. I also remember that I got over it at some point without some make believe story. If my parents not telling me that he's in heaven means they didn't love me then you have an unusual way of viewing things. Maybe they didn't believe in making excuses so I won't cry as much.
You remember how sad everyone was. But how sad were you?
I've lost grandparents before. It sucks, but they're old. How about losing a sibling? Ever had a loss like that. It cuts so deep that your knees weaken, and the breath is taken from your chest. That's what I'm talking about when I say real loss.

Quote:
Believe whatever you want, I'm commenting on the fact that you said you aren't religious and used religion to help your kids not deal with a tragedy.
I'm not religious. If you actually took a minute from your busy schedule to read what I said, you would have seen...

Now, I'm not religious by any means. But like Jasonturbo said, I am starting to understand how a belief or faith can help you make sense of things.

Quote:
Anyways I gotta get back to selling dope in East Van ttyl bruh.
Have a nice day.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-26-2019, 11:37 AM   #128
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Am I the only one here that isn't surprise by this? Maybe over the years there are just too many of these "Big events" that I just don't really care anymore unless it affect me/my family/relatives/friends directly. I mean yea it sucks this happen but the gov aren't doing anything major to try to prevent this from happening again. All I see is that if something like this happen again the PM or whoever just come and give a few speech to make it sound like they care but in reality it doens't seem like they care.

Or maybe I am too numb from what's happening that I don't just don't have any feelings for these type of events any longer.
I suppose it's hard to have feelings when no one has feelings for you either.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:48 PM   #129
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post

You remember how sad everyone was. But how sad were you?
I've lost grandparents before. It sucks, but they're old. How about losing a sibling? Ever had a loss like that. It cuts so deep that your knees weaken, and the breath is taken from your chest. That's what I'm talking about when I say real loss.
I was a kid, I had no thoughts like "oh he's old he was going to die anyways", all I knew was I loved him and he was now gone.

Quote:
I'm not religious. If you actually took a minute from your busy schedule to read what I said, you would have seen...

Now, I'm not religious by any means. But like Jasonturbo said, I am starting to understand how a belief or faith can help you make sense of things.
You understand why, but you don't believe it, gotcha.

Quote:
Have a nice day.
May God be with you.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: