REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:44 AM   #1251
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
A brief description for those who don't understand the Cantonese dialogue in the video here.

The young man in white had called out to the black cops from across the street, asking them where their conscience has gone. Upon hearing this, one of the cops jeered back, saying their conscience were right there. But some other black cops flipped out / lost their shxt, and immediately gave chase to the young man.

They obviously caught up to him, and went on to beat the living shxt out of him. (The young man later said he had been clubed 6 times, and I also saw at least 1 kick that made contact with some part of the young man.) From the video, you can easily see how the back of the head of this young man has been bloodied, and yet he remained relatively calm, and continued to reason with the black cops, asking for the reasons of the bloody beating they gave him.

Notice how a black cop was filming the young man as he loudly questioned the police about the beating. Had there been any physical contact with the cops (from even a careless or unintentional swing), or any advancement towards them, he would have been charged for assaulting the police. (It's a tactic that has been used repeatedly during these rounds of protests.)

Another black cop was heard telling the young man he is free to file a police complaint if he so chooses. And yet everyone in Hong Kong knows the police complaint process is severely flawed, with a complaint board that is entirely biased against the complaintants. Furthermore, any police complaints that do not include specific police badge numbers will be brushed off as non-specific and therefore un-investigatable. But the irony is, riot police have long adopted the practice since the start of these protests -- a practice that is against their own police procedures and policies -- to not display any identifying designations, including their warrant cards and badge numbers. Therefore, any complaint is guaranteed to end up getting tossed out.

The young man ended up getting taken away by the police in a police vehicle. It is not obvious how the incident ended afterwards.
from today's Police conference the man was charged with disorderly conduct in a public place. BUT, they also said they are still "pending investigation" and the DOJ on the appropriate charges.

When they refer the case to the DOJ, it usually means they fuked up and are just passing the bucket to DOJ to get the man charged. I'm going to say the guy will be released unconditionally.

With the school protests, you can tell China has not done a good job with controlling the next generation of HKers to become loyal to the state. 2047 is going to be a very long and tough year for the Chinese government if they really want take full control and rule over HK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=2WaMBaW6Q6c
Advertisement
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:28 AM   #1252
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Wasn't there a discussion on this already / relating to some of the conversation with C Lam?

-China was just doing it for show to have army at Shenzhen; they won't come down.
-C Lam won't be able to resign. (even look at the 1st Chief.. he wasn't able to step down due to sickness until the unrest was dealt with)
-China will tolerate whatever is happening in HK for as long as possible.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #1253
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
A warning from the Chinese government.

"The End is Coming"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hong-ko...ng-2019-09-01/

For those posting on this thread, I am curious about what you think are the chances that the Beijing will send in the army from Shenzhen and use the military garrison in HK to stop the protest?

What is the endgame?
Carrie Lam's leaked video pretty much confirms that it is just for show.

Seems like China is just going to wait it out. If the protest keep getting violent, it won't be long until the city turns on the protestors.The Chaos is drying up investment and turning business away. Cant fight on a empty stomach......
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #1254
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
A warning from the Chinese government.

"The End is Coming"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hong-ko...ng-2019-09-01/

For those posting on this thread, I am curious about what you think are the chances that the Beijing will send in the army from Shenzhen and use the military garrison in HK to stop the protest?

What is the endgame?
Highly doubt China will step in. If they did, itd be WW3 and countries would cut ties with China; which would result to a country of economical crisis and possibly isolation from the rest of the world.

Who am I to say tho. China could also rush in at any moment, with no f#cks given, and recreate the Tiananmen Square massacre.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #1255
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
Highly doubt China will step in. If they did, itd be WW3 and countries would cut ties with China; which would result to a country of economical crisis and possibly isolation from the rest of the world.

Who am I to say tho. China could also rush in at any moment, with no f#cks given, and recreate the Tiananmen Square massacre.
Too many country is in China's pocket (including Canada). So even if China roll tanks on HK the most each Country will do is to ensure the safety its citizen in HK can return safety home and maybe make a fancy speech on the news about it.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #1256

https://webb-site.com/articles/outco...br7zRPsy9NeW3s

a good read on a potential outcome.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:13 PM   #1257
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

What I'm wondering is, when this is all over, who's paying for all the damages and police overtime salary etc? Civilians, thru taxes?

Not that it impacts me in any ways, but just a curious thought.

Last edited by hi-revs; 09-03-2019 at 04:09 PM.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #1258
I don't get it

eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #1259
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Carrie Lam's leaked video pretty much confirms that it is just for show.

Seems like China is just going to wait it out. If the protest keep getting violent, it won't be long until the city turns on the protestors.The Chaos is drying up investment and turning business away. Cant fight on a empty stomach......
I know most of your friends are pro fascist (based on what you said earlier), but most HK people are not going to turn on the protesters, unless the cops stop beating on people, and the protesters start targeting citizens instead of police, government, and triads. Every day there's new footage of cops breaking kids necks, tackling children in school uniforms, breaking kids wrists like sticks, stomping on handcuffed girls hands (this is just from yesterday)

The only way I see the general public opinion switching against the protesters, is if the protesters actually start committing violence against t he general public. For instance, if they actually did "beat up some old guys on the MTR", or started trashing random stores instead of triad mahjong parlours, or started fires in housing estates instead of empty roads.

I keep saying, even the most violent protesters, the ones that you or I don't support, are only really violent against police, government, and triads. The general public, even the non violent ones, are also against those entities.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2019, 07:45 PM   #1260

Epic acting from this kid.

Cops are stations secretly at MTR; sees / catches a teen purposely disputing / blocking doors of MTR, as cops swarm in, black kid protester throws away their bags and declares he's just a student going to school.
Video below:
https://www.facebook.com/bauhiniahk/...0966690435654/

I don't know how much more disruptions HK citizens can take at MTR, tunnels, destroying properties etc.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #1261

Funny how pro-china posters keep using that one particular video. Did you scroll and look at their other videos?

One of their video is from a few days ago (the drunk caucasian HKer who was ranting and then arrested by a dozen cops). Guess how they bend this video? "HK police arrests CIA field operative"......... Bruh the dude has already been IDed as a freelancer who had a few too much to drink......

https://www.facebook.com/bauhiniahk/...4350233460213/

It's ironic how pro-china media keeps telling foreign and some local press to stop publishing fake news....

Last edited by bcedhk; 09-03-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:05 PM   #1262

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
What I'm wondering is, when this is all over, who's paying for all the damages and police overtime salary etc? Civilians, thru taxes?

Not that it impacts me in any ways, but just a curious thought.
The government have billions in surplus. A proposal by Ip and her DAB crew was to bump the annual pocket money to $8000 hkd (about $1200 cad) to stop the protest. Anyway, what I am trying to get at is that the government have the cash to pay police overtime.

Sadly this will be used as an excuse by the HK government to further delay the effort to build more subsided housing.

That said, I think the HKPF have mentioned that they will probably give extended vacation time off for the officers once the protests are over.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:33 PM   #1263
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Extradition bill is being withdrawed. Smcp reporting
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:59 PM   #1264

2 months too late. (when 3+ million HKers march in a civil manner).

at least it's a start somewhere.....

I hope some of the pro-established invitees will give her Lam a verbal abuse cause she basically tarnished the chances for most of them to be re-elected in November.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #1265
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
With recession fears, she has to do something finally

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-war-take-toll

And fears of property n office rentals dropping 30-40%

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...prices-drop-30

Market had a slight uptick with news of the move too

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hong-...065813362.html
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:51 AM   #1266
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
This is what going to happen.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:58 AM   #1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
With recession fears, she has to do something finally

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-war-take-toll

And fears of property n office rentals dropping 30-40%

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...prices-drop-30

Market had a slight uptick with news of the move too

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hong-...065813362.html
If money is what they care about most, the protesters need to do as much as they can do disrupt the economy.

This is what it took to get them to respond to the simplest of the 5 demands. They'll have to fight even harder to get the other 4.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:07 AM   #1268
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

The bill is not officially withdrawn yet, it needs to go through the legislative council on Oct9 and Oct16. Keep in mind that she said 動議撤回, which means she will put the bill withdrawal in motion and its not guaranteed. And in order to withdraw the bill, they need to reactivate the second reading..which means the bill can go through at the same time..

Last edited by SnK1800; 09-04-2019 at 06:26 AM.
SnK1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:50 AM   #1269
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
IMHO, the pressure on the HKSAR gov and HKPD must continue because that's how you'd get them to crack and make mistakes. And the more mistakes they commit, the more pressure there is for them to reconcile one way or another. (In a sense, what Carrie Lam has done with the Reuters leak now is already a form of reconciliation.)
so you want more people to lose an eye and beaten to a pulp so there's a better chance the police can own up to their actions collectively?

we already know the CE was willing to kill the bill weeks ago....there's no signs HKPF wants to lose face, shit's only getting worse
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnK1800 View Post
The bill is not officially withdrawn yet, it needs to go through the legislative council on Oct9 and Oct16. Keep in mind that she said 動議撤回, which means she will put the bill withdrawal in motion and its not guaranteed. And in order to withdraw the bill, they need to reactivate the second reading..which means the bill can go through at the same time..
Can you imagine if they snuck the bill through and extradited all the protesters to China

Obviously not going to happen lol

Here's hoping they can get them to address the other 4 demands. Keep fighting, HK!
Old 09-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #1271

Quote:
which means the bill can go through at the same time..
I can't see this EVER happening. If C Lam thinks she can pull a fast one and try to pass it thru, HK will riot like crazy.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
I can't see this EVER happening. If C Lam thinks she can pull a fast one and try to pass it thru, HK will riot like crazy.
It's not what C Lam thinks, it's what winnie the pooh thinks.

With her and the SJ constantly being bullied and pressured by HKers I wouldn't be surprised if they did a 180 and continue with the bill later on (with a different title).
Old 09-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #1273
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Can you imagine if they snuck the bill through and extradited all the protesters to China

Obviously not going to happen lol

Here's hoping they can get them to address the other 4 demands. Keep fighting, HK!
It will be funny though if it get pass on Oct 9 or Oct 16.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:41 PM   #1274
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

More PAP and PLA troops sent to HK border regions in the last 48 hours. An intervention is imminent if things don't quiet down.
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #1275
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/ter...canadians-here
EmperorIS is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: