REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 01-06-2022, 07:53 AM   #401
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Been gaming pretty hard on the new PS5 since I’ve been quarantining etc.

Gotta say, red dead 2, man, what a game. May not make it into my top 10 all time favorites but in terms of a total game, execution, incredibly beautiful graphics, fantastic engaging story, really is a masterpiece. And to be a previous gen port and look this hood is very impressive
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2022, 11:05 AM   #402
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Started playing Ghost of Tsushima on my PS5 and it's gorgeous. Pretty solid game so far as well and fast travel is instant
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:30 AM   #403
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
I could never get into RDR2, I donno what it was. I stopped playing after like the 3rd town, maybe I was overwhelmed.

Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5 is excellent, if anyone is looking for a (relatively) cheap but fun game. Platinum'ed that shit.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:52 AM   #404

Open world games can definitely be overwhelming sometimes, if you can't get into it then it starts to feel like a chore.

I'll probably check out Guardians of the Galaxy when it becomes dirt cheap lol. Sometimes it's nice to play a game where its just a straightforward path throughout.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2022, 11:59 AM   #405
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Open world games can definitely be overwhelming sometimes, if you can't get into it then it starts to feel like a chore.
TBH this is why I can't get into Forza Horizon. Maybe I am just old, but it just doesn't feel like there's any sort of direction or progression with the game besides gaining XP.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:15 PM   #406

Quote:

I'll probably check out Guardians of the Galaxy when it becomes dirt cheap lol. Sometimes it's nice to play a game where its just a straightforward path throughout.
Yeah, the game is linear, but different choices you make have different gameplay scenarios, it's very well done. I bought it at $40 and felt it was worth the price, even replayed it to get the collectibles.

Currently on Star Wars Fallen Order, also enjoying it but it's slower paced than GOTG.

I just need something to play on/off in the evenings, low pressure, on easy-mode haha.
Old 01-06-2022, 03:34 PM   #407

yea RdR2 you basically have to put in long extended shifts to really appreciate and its hard to find time.. im surprised i'm not finished it yet given how many almost full days ive spent playing.. lol
Old 01-07-2022, 06:22 PM   #408
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Started playing Ghost of Tsushima on my PS5 and it's gorgeous. Pretty solid game so far as well and fast travel is instant
I'm just wrapping up Guardians right now and Ghosts is next on my list to play.
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:25 PM   #409
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,883 Times in 745 Posts
I caught up to my backlog of games on the PS4 just in time to pickup the PS5 in store finally after casually searching for one these past few months. My new TV supports 4k120 and now I have the latest console but somehow I ended up buying THPS remaster to relive my tween years and nostalgic as it is, I feel like I pissed away $40 on an impulse buy as I doubt I'll be playing it for more than a couple hours in total. It definitely looks nicer than 20+ years ago though
Old 01-08-2022, 06:28 PM   #410

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts

i know i bitched about launch date lackluster releases but i had to spend my xmas money and 2022 looks damn good.

in fact this is perfect timing for Horizon Forbidden West & Gran Turismo 7 with Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, and my first time playing demon souls on a LG 4k OLED 65''

cannot wait.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:11 PM   #411
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,397 Posts
February is going to have a butt load of good releases, so now is a good time to buy one especially if you have some gift cards lying around.

Demon Souls looked amazing on my LG C9. You'll enjoy it.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 02:54 PM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
I caught up to my backlog of games on the PS4 just in time to pickup the PS5 in store finally after casually searching for one these past few months. My new TV supports 4k120 and now I have the latest console but somehow I ended up buying THPS remaster to relive my tween years and nostalgic as it is, I feel like I pissed away $40 on an impulse buy as I doubt I'll be playing it for more than a couple hours in total. It definitely looks nicer than 20+ years ago though
I don't know if I'm just old now, but THPS remaster is hard AF. I can't combo worth shit haha.

Playing through SW Jedi: Fallen Order, and it's also pretty good.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:13 PM   #413

Is fallen order like a modern KOTOR? Or is it somthing different
Old 01-10-2022, 05:18 PM   #414
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Is fallen order like a modern KOTOR? Or is it somthing different
It plays kind of like a Souls game
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:10 PM   #415

Necer played a souls game, so is it like getting through the story to fight big bosses along the way?
Old 01-10-2022, 06:12 PM   #416

Quote:
Necer played a souls game, so is it like getting through the story to fight big bosses along the way?
Yes, and the fighting mechanics are very strict... So you have to be very precise with your timing, you have to bock, dodge, parry with good timing. You have to be very patient, and can't power through fights like you can in games like Assassin's Creed, Ghost of Tsushima, etc
Old 01-10-2022, 07:03 PM   #417

Ahh i see..probably not my thing then, will check out some YouTube videos
Old 01-10-2022, 07:30 PM   #418

Yeah it's mostly pattern recognition, memorization and patience, rather than reaction times and skill. I always hated those types of games, going all the way back to NES. But a lot of people are SUPER into them.. Every time I give one a try, I always end up hating it lol..

The next big one is coming out in a few weeks I think, with the story written by George RR Martin. If it comes to Game Pass I'll try it and will probably delete it after 30 minutes
Old 01-10-2022, 08:36 PM   #419

Is last of us/last of us 2 worth playing?

I always wanted to play last of us knowing nothing about it. The remastered version is on sale right now but I dunno about playing a 6-7 year old game after just playing red dead and how amazing it looked/felt
Old 01-10-2022, 08:52 PM   #420
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,883 Times in 745 Posts
I enjoyed Fallen Order although I've never played any of the Souls games. I'd recommend it if you like action-adventure type games similar to God of War.

TLOU1/2 are both great well. Lot of controversy with the 2nd due to storyline and some abrupt changes but the gameplay is really good. Same developer (Naughty Dog) as the Uncharted series so if you like that series then I think you'd also like TLOU.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:55 PM   #421

Quote:
Is last of us/last of us 2 worth playing?

I always wanted to play last of us knowing nothing about it. The remastered version is on sale right now but I dunno about playing a 6-7 year old game after just playing red dead and how amazing it looked/felt
The Last of Us remastered is one of the games that comes with PS+ if you happen to have that. Either way they are both great games and worth playing imo. It would definitely help to play the first one to have a decent understanding of the story and what's going on in part 2. They are very story driven games (HBO is making a TV show based off the games), and more of a stealth game than run and gun. It depends what you're into but Naughty Dog makes some of the best PlayStation has to offer.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2022, 08:07 AM   #422

Commenting on fallen order, I've never played a Souls game either.

It's only difficult as Skinny mentions if you crank up the difficulty. At easy (which I'm playing on) you can pretty much mash attack and you get through fights. Some of my thoughts:
- The levels are a weird hybrid between open world and linear, but they're massive. Great design as well.
- Combat itself is meh, but it's still cool because you're a jedi and you do jedi stuff. Like force pushing someone off a cliff will never get old.
- Story (so far) is standard SW stuff but still cool if you're a SW fan. Voice acting is a hit/miss, especially with the main character.

The only thing I don't like (again, so far) is that there's no real fast travel - you can travel between planets but you always start at the beginning, so if you miss a collectible at the far end of the map there's a lot of time wasted going back through a level you already beat once.

On a different note, I liked GOTG so much I gifted one to a friend for Christmas, PS4 Pro, and he said the load times are horrible. Like up to a minute if you die mid-fight. I had no idea, because on the PS5 it's near instant. Just thought it was interesting, next-gen really is next-gen, you just kind of forget it is.

I played AC Origins and Odyssey on PS4, and remember playing Valhalla on PS5 and noticing how short load times were.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2022, 03:58 PM   #423

Hmm maybe I should try FO again with the difficulty lowered.. I liked the world, just not the combat.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:59 PM   #424
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,397 Posts
Elden Ring in 6 weeks
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #425

Is elden ring going to be like the souls games? Or like more of an rpg, oblivion type game. Or seeing what skinny posted above it basically is a souls game?