REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 01-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #301
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
It's amazing that Cyberpunk didn't launch with a next-gen console patch, that game would've been an obvious next-gen rollout game.

I totally agree, this release of consoles has been absolutely terrible in terms of game releases. It's a shame that so many publishers are pushing for titles that still function on last-gen for simple $$$'s.

We likely won't see any true next-gen titles until 2022, hence I haven't been worried about getting my mitts on a PS5 as of yet.
Advertisement
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2021, 01:13 PM   #302
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjAlmeida View Post
Caved and picked up a series X through Microsoft, a lot easier to pickup an Xbox over the PS5
Brother also bought a Series X because of all the games that Xbox Game Pass has. It's the perfect way for casual gamers to just get that console and Game Pass and pick up and play whenever you want.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:53 PM   #303
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I know I've said it before, but Game Pass is an INSANELY good deal. If you're platform agnostic and don't have a good gaming PC, it's pretty much a no-brainer to with XBOX over PS5.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:30 AM   #304

^Are you saying that because of cross compatibility in terms of older titles on the XBOX?

What about exclusives, or reports that some of these next-gen games look better on the PS5 then the XBOX X?

I'm still deciding which to buy between the 2 here?
Old 01-21-2021, 02:23 PM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^Are you saying that because of cross compatibility in terms of older titles on the XBOX?

What about exclusives, or reports that some of these next-gen games look better on the PS5 then the XBOX X?

I'm still deciding which to buy between the 2 here?
The very first batch of games have performed a bit better on PS5; Microsoft admits that their dev tools weren't really ready for launch. But that will reverse over time.. For instance Hitman 3 runs at full 4K on the XBOX, but 1800p on PS5 (not that you'd notice the difference, but we're talking about performance here).

And for exclusives, well that's personal preference... You could look at the announced titles and decide. Sony has some big hitters with God of War and stuff like that. Last of Us, Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima... Pretty big games. But Microsoft has Bethesda now... And that includes the recently announced Indiana Jones title.

I think it's possible for more casual gamers to literally never have to buy a game if they have an Xbox. Just pay the $10 a month and get access to tons of games, including all the exclusives.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2021, 10:28 AM   #306

^I'm so conflicted here.

Wondering if I should just jump the Sony ship and go full XBOX now...

I don't want both, I barely ever game nowadays aside from a handful of titles per year. Damnit, you've thrown me for a curve.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:02 PM   #307
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
^^^^ You can't go too much on teraflops aka graphic hardware rating either cause from what i remember from the xbox 360 and ps3 console war, Game Creators did a kickass job on the graphics department with what they had on both system's.... There was fuck up's where one game ran better on other console's though that is rare now in 2021 i hope, this was early in the launch when this was happening for 360 & ps3 brand new... so almost 8 years ago.

the way things are going with Game studio's making a PC version i can't recommend anything yet since i just bought decent computer, I'm all about system exclusives & what i love.
and it's too quite yet for me to be even happy having a console just yet, yeah it's a wicked 4k uhd movie player..

and i'm quite sure playstation did the same thing as Microsoft for Game Streaming & downloading with a monthly cost.
https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/ps-now/

but for instant, resident evil creators bought a smile to my face, there Releasing a PC version of the latest title so its that much less worry for me i'm missing out on something entertaining, I'm a fan of this series.

Last edited by Mr.Money; 01-22-2021 at 06:16 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:12 PM   #308

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
XBox just doubled the price of XBox Live Gold, I guess they really want everyone to buy GamePass ultimate instead lol
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:31 PM   #309

Microsoft reverses Xbox Live price hike just this hour.

https://www.engadget.com/xbox-live-p...051641500.html

good, Cause they almost fucked themselves over hard.
Old 02-01-2021, 09:28 PM   #310

Control upgraded version is out on PS5, and here are the specs for graphics mode with Raytracing.. Runs at 1440p 30fps, basically lower-than-PC-low settings witch checkerboarded RT resolution (lower than low)

This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2021, 03:36 PM   #311

Digital Foundry discovered that if you run Control in photo mode, it removes the 30 FPS cap. This gives the opportunity to test the PS5 vs XBOX in identical settings... Also photo mode takes the CPU out of the equation, making this a pure GPU test

TLDW: XBOX is about 16% faster (which BTW matches up with the 15% higher TFLOP spec)

They also found that the closest GPU with similar settings and res (but not same, the consoles use lower than low settings that aren't available on PC) without using DLSS is the 2060 Super (as expected based on specs).
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #312

Old 02-18-2021, 06:56 PM   #313
in the butt

Thanked 3,216 Times in 1,180 Posts
So whats the verdict for buying the PS5 from you ricesceners?

My gaming laptop is going in for warranty, thinking of picking up the ps4 or ps5 (off craigslist flipper obvs)

Warzone mostly, hoping farcry comes out sooner than later.

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2021, 10:58 AM   #314

^Still waiting to get my hands on one. I'll be selling my fairly new PS4 Pro once I have one.

It's fucking nuts that there still isn't stock here. Probably why I was all contrarian in the Bitcoin thread

Tired of these fucking scalpers and hoarders trying to make a quick buck.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2021, 03:12 PM   #315
in the butt

Cant blame them honestly
Everything we buy in canada, has a middle man, or two, or three.
In case of ps5, theres 4 middle men, they just all seem to be in surrey bahahhaha

I flip cars, so cant complain about the ps5 hoarders

Sent out 4 emails to ps5s listed for 800-900$ off CL, no replies

Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
Old 02-19-2021, 04:20 PM   #316

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Why don't they just let people order it and then ship it once their number is up? Seems ridiculous to use the Ticketmaster method where by the time you get in it's sold out by bots.

That said, I've had mine since December and I would definitely not pay anything over retail for it just to have it now, save your money and wait.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2021, 12:03 AM   #317
Meow

Quote:
^Still waiting to get my hands on one. I'll be selling my fairly new PS4 Pro once I have one.

It's fucking nuts that there still isn't stock here. Probably why I was all contrarian in the Bitcoin thread

Tired of these fucking scalpers and hoarders trying to make a quick buck.
have you tried discord for restocking? I used it for my GPU but it works for new gen consoles too.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:26 AM   #318
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
There was a PS5 drop yesterday or the day before from Walmart. I was a few minutes late based on the comments on RFD.

I'll keep an eye out for drops and see if I can snag one up for someone on here.

If you guys don't have a preference or play many exclusives, I do think the XSX is the better choice this generation. Too hard to pass with Game Pass Ultimate. A lot easier to grab a hold of stock as well.

I have both consoles right now, but I do the bulk of my gaming on the XSX. I haven't really touched my PS5 much since beating Demon Souls.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2021, 10:43 AM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
have you tried discord for restocking? I used it for my GPU but it works for new gen consoles too.
I haven't TBH, was following an instock website for a bit, and turned on a few alerts, but I'm never quick enough. I essentially gave up, there aren't any good games out, and spring is coming, trip season.

Figure I'll be able to get my hands on one by late spring, early summer?

I'll look into the discord option though.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Why don't they just let people order it and then ship it once their number is up? Seems ridiculous to use the Ticketmaster method where by the time you get in it's sold out by bots.

That said, I've had mine since December and I would definitely not pay anything over retail for it just to have it now, save your money and wait.
Couldn't agree more. It seems like the system is designed to encourage price gouging and hoarding.

Why can't I just pay for the damn thing off Best Buy or whatever site now, and simply get it when I get it sometime this year? I could care less if it arrives in months, just take my money, and be done with it.

I don't want to have to be checking websites and competing with bots just to buy a damn game system months after Christmas.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #321
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. It seems like the system is designed to encourage price gouging and hoarding.

Why can't I just pay for the damn thing off Best Buy or whatever site now, and simply get it when I get it sometime this year? I could care less if it arrives in months, just take my money, and be done with it.

I don't want to have to be checking websites and competing with bots just to buy a damn game system months after Christmas.
Are you still looking for a PS5? I managed to grab one off the Costco drop last night at 5am but I don't need it lol.
vixroar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-08-2021, 11:53 AM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixroar View Post
Are you still looking for a PS5? I managed to grab one off the Costco drop last night at 5am but I don't need it lol.
I am in fact, you looking to sell it? Msg me
Old 03-08-2021, 12:36 PM   #323
I STILL don't get it

at this point I may just wait till the ps5 slim comes out.

not really in a hurry to play any of the current games, and I'd rather the smaller sized console for aesthetics.

who knows though with the semiconductor shortage..
wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:05 PM   #324
in the butt

Must say, ps5 is a dissapointment, expecting smooth sailing, its almost as solid as cyberpunk with the amount of glitches between games and the console its self

Old 03-08-2021, 06:50 PM   #325

Apparently Sony is having issues keeping the system cool when a second drive is installed (fast NVMe drives get very hot) so the next firmware will increase fan speed.