REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-28-2020, 07:43 PM   #926
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corollagtSr5 View Post
Since it came from an animal, can the virus be transmitted to say a mouse/rat? Say infected person leaves left overs mouse eats it, gets sick, travels around the house eats something left out then another person eats that food and gets sick?
There's a case of a dog getting infected in Hong Kong:

Quote:
A dog in Hong Kong has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus that’s killed at least 2,859 humans across the world over the last two months, World Health Organization officials said Friday.

Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, the technical lead of WHO’s emergencies program, said the canine tested “weakly positive,” meaning low levels of the virus were found.

Hong Kong scientists aren’t sure if the dog is actually infected or if it picked up the virus from a contaminated surface, she said.

“We’re working with them to understand the results, to understand what further testing they are doing and to understand how they are going to care for these animals,” Kerkhove said during a press conference at WHO’s headquarters in Geneva.

The dog reportedly belongs to a 60-year-old woman who developed symptoms on Feb. 12 and later tested positive, according to The Wall Street Journal.

As a precaution, the Hong Kong government declared cats, dogs and other domesticated mammals whose owners test positive and are quarantined for COVID-19 would be collected and delivered to a “designated animal keeping” facility for quarantine and veterinary surveillance. Hong Kong’s Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department said the dog doesn’t have any symptoms. Swabs of its nasal and oral cavities revealed tested “weak positive,” it said in a statement Friday.

The dog is under quarantine at a facility at a port in Hong Kong and will be returned to the owner once it tests negative for the virus, according to the agency.

Although the virus seems to have emerged from an animal — scientists have said a bat — there is currently no evidence that suggests pets like dogs or cats can be infected with the coronavirus, the department said. However, the situation is still evolving, scientists say.

On Thursday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said six animal drug firms that source ingredients or make finished products in China have indicated they’re seeing disruptions in the supply chain that could soon lead to shortages.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests pet owners restrict contact with pets and other animals if the owner is infected with COVID-19. That includes “petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, and sharing food.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/a-do...-confirms.html
Advertisement
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:55 PM   #927
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Mosquitos?

That would be scary as fuck, but...............

https://www.cmete.com/index.php?tg=a...101&article=68
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:18 PM   #928
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

With dogs now getting infected, it's more looking like "I am legend" than contagion.
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:14 PM   #929
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallydrv View Post
With dogs now getting infected, it's more looking like "I am legend" than contagion.
But people and animal have not turn into zombies yet.

On a funny note wife and I went to Wal Mart coquitlam center after dinner. I notice this old Chinese couple have a cart full off bleach like literally 10 bottles and they were like 3.5L or 4L each. After they took like 20 steps they heard me giggling with my wife and then around. Give us a pretty dirty look. We didn't care though. Like wtf what are you going to do with that much bleach? Take showers with it?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2020, 09:56 PM   #930
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 8,510 Times in 799 Posts
78B752D9-4496-42CA-AA1F-8CA0053F7098.jpeg
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2020, 10:46 PM   #931
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
FYI the dollar store sells hand sanitizer, bleach, and Isopropol Alcohol.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:13 PM   #932
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
lol $50 for 8oz. bottle?! XD
I just opened the package today, it came in two bottles.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 11:20 PM   #933

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
The pho bowls went on sale?

There's no MSG in those ones apparently. I was waiting for them to go on sale to keep some at work for the "didn't bring lunch but not wanting to pay for cafeteria food" days.
Pho Bowls? Are they like instant noodles...
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:04 AM   #934
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extracrunchie View Post
I really cant imagine a pandemic if there was it will be crazy. Man do you guys remember the salt shortage and how crazy ppl got fighting over salt during the winter of 2017...........this will get out of hand.
A pandemic is literally inevitable. There's no way it won't be announced. Currently they are in the stage of "preparation" which means if you aren't preparing for a pandemic, you're not being responsible.

I keep saying, be prepared nowt hat you have a chance. Right now it's just Chinese people, which is kind of understandably part of their culture if you look at what China went through in the last 100 years.

But once white people start panicking, and they will, look out.

Don't freak out, be prepared. Wash your hands, with soap. You won't believe how many people I see at the gym wearing a mask, go take a piss, then rinse their fingers under the water for 0.5 seconds
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:05 AM   #935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
There's a case of a dog getting infected in Hong Kong:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/28/a-do...-confirms.html
The dog wasn't infected by the virus, it was carrying the virus on its body. Similar to when they find "weakly positive" results on doorknobs and taps.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:57 AM   #936
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
For those curious, richmond Costco posted their second highest ever sales day today (Friday). Opened in ‘89
Old 02-29-2020, 03:16 AM   #937

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Well shit, I'm sick. Been wearing a facemask all month, religiously washing my hands and sanitizing everything we touch with alcohol for some time. I dont meet the threshold to get tested (Japan really doesnt want to test anyone) so it's just stay at home and uhh... dont die? I got food for days on end so no need to go out.

Tissue paper is gone city wide I hear. It's happening guys, once the panic buy sets in!
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:45 AM   #938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Well shit, I'm sick. Been wearing a facemask all month, religiously washing my hands and sanitizing everything we touch with alcohol for some time. I dont meet the threshold to get tested (Japan really doesnt want to test anyone) so it's just stay at home and uhh... dont die? I got food for days on end so no need to go out.

Tissue paper is gone city wide I hear. It's happening guys, once the panic buy sets in!
How sick? If you get a fever, go get tested for reals
Old 02-29-2020, 09:28 AM   #939
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post

There are proper protocols if one thinks you have the specific symptoms for COVID-19. Gotta do some digging on how it should be done.

Don't just go into walk in clinic.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:18 PM   #940
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

So 800 new over night cases in South Korea, 3 new cases in the states (one of them died in Washington this morning), 1 new case in BC and 3 new cases in Ontario. Yet BC health officials still thinks this is "low risk" and that "here in BC, we are still very much in our contain phase"... Like wtf every other scientist and Dr is saying this pandemic is going to be a matter of WHEN, not IF... Yet our retarded health official in BC still thinks there is nothing to be concerned about and that it'll pass. I wouldn't be surprised if she was an anti vaxxer.

If we think ER wait times of 3 hours is long right now, oh we will be in for a surprise once the covid 19 is blowing out here in B.C. #WeAreNotPrepared

Until our anti vaxxer health official declares anything other than "low risk", no one is gonna take it seriously and continue to go to work while sick. Those who are sick will just believe they have a common cold cause they "haven't been traveling".

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 02-29-2020 at 12:27 PM.
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:06 PM   #941
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
I think it's crazy that confirmed corona carriers are just told to go home, or stay with family, like the latest case in BC
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 01:23 PM   #942
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedStars View Post
Walmart in tsawassen mills has tons of 91% and 70% isopropyl. No hand sanitizer though. I swear the buying and stocking up pandemic is only prevalent in Richmond/Vancouver/Burnaby
My dad went to walmart and superstore in Campbell River, all hand sanitizers, IPA are sold out.

He went to the dollar store, grabbed a 760ml hand sanitizer for $3 (62% ethyl alcohol) and a bottle of 50% IPA for $2.

But apparently IPA concentration less than 70% is not very effective as stated in this thread.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:06 PM   #943

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
So 800 new over night cases in South Korea, 3 new cases in the states (one of them died in Washington this morning), 1 new case in BC and 3 new cases in Ontario. Yet BC health officials still thinks this is "low risk" and that "here in BC, we are still very much in our contain phase"... Like wtf every other scientist and Dr is saying this pandemic is going to be a matter of WHEN, not IF... Yet our retarded health official in BC still thinks there is nothing to be concerned about and that it'll pass. I wouldn't be surprised if she was an anti vaxxer.

If we think ER wait times of 3 hours is long right now, oh we will be in for a surprise once the covid 19 is blowing out here in B.C. #WeAreNotPrepared

Until our anti vaxxer health official declares anything other than "low risk", no one is gonna take it seriously and continue to go to work while sick. Those who are sick will just believe they have a common cold cause they "haven't been traveling".
I've seen the opposite - she's the one telling people to prepare...
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2020, 02:13 PM   #944
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Dis is my wice!!

-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-29-2020, 02:19 PM   #945
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Is that Richmond? If so that is crazy.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #946
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Costco Willingdon had people using disinfecting wipes to wipe down every cart handle coming into the store. I guess this is a way to prevent the spread.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #947
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
US Surgeon General tells people to stop using masks and to save it for those who are sick/taking care of the sick/healthcare workers

https://twitter.com/Surgeon_General/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #948
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Probably not wise for me to travel to LA to visit family? Hows everyone experience flying to the states?
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:51 PM   #949
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Probably not wise for me to travel to LA to visit family? Hows everyone experience flying to the states?
i would look up flight data...if many of the passengers are connecting from Korea/China
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:15 PM   #950
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
For those curious, richmond Costco posted their second highest ever sales day today (Friday). Opened in ‘89
Out of curiosity, when was #1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote