REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-03-2021, 07:32 PM   #13426
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,157 Times in 7,153 Posts
Any info about how the people are handling infection? However many people get it is becoming kind of irrelevant compared to how it affects those people.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:51 PM   #13427
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Case count hasn't really mattered for a while. It's the strain on the health care system that's important, and that seems to be on a downward trend. Today, in BC, there are 276 hospitalized with 95 in ICU. Both of my parents have had to go to RCH for check-ups, and I'm glad they weren't stressed for support.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:20 PM   #13428
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Any info about how the people are handling infection? However many people get it is becoming kind of irrelevant compared to how it affects those people.
We won't know until quite a few people have been hospitalized to get an overall picture of what that looks like... But if a lot of people get it very quickly, it can overwhelm hospitals just like in the past...

That's the main concern with Omicron, so people can put away their earplug memes. Nobody is trying to "scare" you by sharing news, we're just seeing what's going on around the world.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:59 PM   #13429
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Hear the latest? Anti-vaxxers that finally gave in are promoting a detox after getting a vaccine.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2021, 11:17 PM   #13430
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Need some travel advice. First flight since covid coming up on the 17th. Van to Palm Springs; if we fly out of YVR we have to quarantine for 7 or 9 days when we land because our 5 and 7 year old aren't vaxxed(not sure if under 12 has mandate rules now), which completely destroys the whole trip. If we drive through the border and fly Alligiant out of Bellingham we do not need to quarantine. Both avenues require a negative test 24 hours prior, which is a pain in and of itself, but doable. We'd drive down on the 16th and stay in a hotel overnight so we're not rushed but might need another test prior to flying (not sure about that).

If the quarantine rule is accurate then driving through and back is the only option, but we're worried about daily changes that might make it harder to land cross upon return or otherwise prevent us from driving back.

Any thoughts on Canada or the U.S. closing the land border again?

Any thoughts on the quarantine rules in the US or Cali for anyone who has travelled recently?

With all the uncertainty now, deciding to go or cancel altogether is a daily moving target.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:08 AM   #13431
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Hear the latest? Anti-vaxxers that finally gave in are promoting a detox after getting a vaccine.
And how much do they sell the detox for?
Old 12-06-2021, 05:42 AM   #13432
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
It's a Dr. promoting it which is even worse.. Borax and epsom salt bath.
2nd option is the ancient art of cupping... let's take a razor blade and slice your arm and try to suck the evil covid venom out.

Also said Dr. = She describes herself as “practicing the truth in Jesus through medicine.” you just know she's legit with that.

I almost want to find their anti vax forums and just play around on it..
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2021, 06:29 AM   #13433
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
California is similar to us. Masks on indoors. Nothing else to say really.
Old 12-06-2021, 06:52 AM   #13434
in the butt

Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
And how much do they sell the detox for?
Probably has "superfood" inside of it, so at least 150% markup

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2021, 09:56 AM   #13435
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
It's a Dr. promoting it which is even worse.. Borax and epsom salt bath.
2nd option is the ancient art of cupping... let's take a razor blade and slice your arm and try to suck the evil covid venom out.

Also said Dr. = She describes herself as “practicing the truth in Jesus through medicine.” you just know she's legit with that.

I almost want to find their anti vax forums and just play around on it..
when you said cupping i was thinking like giving free breast exams

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:55 AM   #13436

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Need some travel advice. First flight since covid coming up on the 17th. Van to Palm Springs; if we fly out of YVR we have to quarantine for 7 or 9 days when we land because our 5 and 7 year old aren't vaxxed(not sure if under 12 has mandate rules now), which completely destroys the whole trip. If we drive through the border and fly Alligiant out of Bellingham we do not need to quarantine. Both avenues require a negative test 24 hours prior, which is a pain in and of itself, but doable. We'd drive down on the 16th and stay in a hotel overnight so we're not rushed but might need another test prior to flying (not sure about that).

If the quarantine rule is accurate then driving through and back is the only option, but we're worried about daily changes that might make it harder to land cross upon return or otherwise prevent us from driving back.

Any thoughts on Canada or the U.S. closing the land border again?

Any thoughts on the quarantine rules in the US or Cali for anyone who has travelled recently?

With all the uncertainty now, deciding to go or cancel altogether is a daily moving target.
Take a look at the federal website regarding un-vaxxed children

I believe they have to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Canada

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...anada#children

Rest of the information here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2021, 11:39 AM   #13437

Thanked 4,561 Times in 1,711 Posts
Berzerker where are you bud? You should be posting in this thread.

He dropped this gem a few days back that made me chuckle

"Dana White tested positive for Covid. Used Joe Rogans method and was Covid free in 5 days. Invermectin. The fact it’s not an offered treatment is criminal."
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:42 AM   #13438
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,157 Times in 7,153 Posts
“This guy tested positive for covid did 10 lines of coke and didn’t have covid next week. Coke cures covid!”
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2021, 01:32 PM   #13439

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeRNammer View Post
Take a look at the federal website regarding un-vaxxed children

I believe they have to quarantine for 14 days upon return to Canada

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...anada#children

Rest of the information here
Thanks. I was aware of that one and prepared for it. I am still not 100% sure about how they are viewed in the U.S. and if there are quarantine protocols when we arrive. If so, that would kill the whole trip and we would cancel altogether.

I've heard some don't follow the quarantine rules down south and no one checks up on you like they do (or at least did) here. If the general consensus is that it's super lax then we'd take the chance and not quarantine.

Any help from any recent U.S. travellers is greatly appreciated
Old 12-06-2021, 04:45 PM   #13440
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Berzerker where are you bud? You should be posting in this thread.

He dropped this gem a few days back that made me chuckle

"Dana White tested positive for Covid. Used Joe Rogans method and was Covid free in 5 days. Invermectin. The fact it’s not an offered treatment is criminal."
Oh for fucks sake
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2021, 06:12 PM   #13441

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Your not going to be tracked/checked on in the US. Some hotels have procedures. You could call your booking hotel and ask. I really wouldn’t worry about it. I go down to the states weekly. When I get in it’s like I’m at home in every way. Mind you I’m exempt from any quarantine, I’ve seen no setup for checking people.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-06-2021, 08:43 PM   #13442
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

My kids got vaccinated on Saturday (aged 9 and 11) and they both had some arm soreness but no other symptoms of note. Scheduled for their second dose in 8 weeks time...hoping that we’ll finally be able to travel at spring break!
Old 12-06-2021, 09:37 PM   #13443
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

My kids got it done on wednesday and sore arms as well nothing else

italian cultural center was a gong show, super slow and we were lucky as we got there before the big after school rush.

Hope they can smooth things out for the 2nd dose

D-Built 2.0 LSVTEC TURBO
beatdownvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 06:27 AM   #13444
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Love that global is now running stories about how “omicron is effecting Christmas dinners” and then run this convoluted story from ipsos Reid about an opinion poll about whether or not people will gather with the unvaccinated..

We had a Christmas party on the weekend with about 30 people. This season people we invited were very cognizant of whether they should come or not. Some people who had colds or their kids had colds opted to stay home where previously people probably would have come if they weren’t sick themselves.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:55 AM   #13445
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,416 Times in 5,098 Posts
“I have a cold/I’m not feeling well” has also socially become the new go-to excuse for the typical Vancouver bail.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2021, 08:33 AM   #13446
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
^I think it's also forces people to rethink about being sick and how it spreads.

Some people aren't as aware. Back then, people who are sick and doesn't bother telling you yet shares food with you.
highfive is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2021, 10:37 AM   #13447

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Your not going to be tracked/checked on in the US. Some hotels have procedures. You could call your booking hotel and ask. I really wouldn’t worry about it. I go down to the states weekly. When I get in it’s like I’m at home in every way. Mind you I’m exempt from any quarantine, I’ve seen no setup for checking people.
Great info. Thank you. That's what I've been hearing as well. We're going to a house anyway so no hotels/motels/etc having rules to worry about.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:13 PM   #13448
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
^I think it's also forces people to rethink about being sick and how it spreads.

Some people aren't as aware. Back then, people who are sick and doesn't bother telling you yet shares food with you.
Reminds of my old company, where they gave staff 6x sick days a year, which was never adequate enough. In a given year, you get the sniffles, headache, or your children are sick etc. or whatever discomfort. Plus if you could avoid getting sick from your infectious coworkers, 6x days were never enough. They'll force you to use your vacation days if you burned your sick days, so people still came to work sick as no one wanted to use their vacation days bank. Then literally everyone would contract whatever the sick person carried. It was fucking stupid.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:29 PM   #13449
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
I find all the places that have employees that bitch about not enough sick days always have shit employees lol..

My wife’s old company was in the top 20 employers in BC etc and had all these other accolades and employed around 120 people, they gave every employee unlimited paid sick days, and they had somthing like 1/3 of sick days used of comparable companies of the same size. You hire the right people and they don’t abuse it or take days that aren’t actually sick days. Outside of Covid how often is anyone sick for more than 6 days a year? I haven’t taken a legitimate sick day in the last 10+ years lol..

Anything more than 6 consecutive starts to get into short/long term disability etc.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:23 PM   #13450

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Dr. Henry announced 5 confirmed cases of Omicron in BC. One person was not vaccinated.
These cases are from people who travelled internationally.

Megatron is multiplying in BC now.

I know of two friends, a family doctor and her hubby a psychiatrist, who are going to Hawaii between Boxing Day and January 3rd for vacation with their kids. I hope that they will not be under lockdown in their hotel room by the time that they arrive in Honolulu.