REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:19 AM   #12826
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
I can certainly see this being frustrating to those affected, but c'mon. It'll get fixed at some point one way or another, but there's no need to pull out the pitchforks immediately, no?

People that got sputnik and sinovac can't come into Canada without quarantine, are they suing their governments because rules Canada made regarding Canada?

Also, how in the fuck is this Bonnie Henry's fault. Her (and the government by relation)'s job was to get vaccines into as many people as quickly, which is what they did. I'm fairly certain their priorities were to make sure you are safe, not that your future travel plans aren't affected by logistics.

This is some serious first world problems, I cAnT gO tO mExIcO dUrInG a PaNdEmIc, FuCk BoNnIe HeNrY!!!
Advertisement
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-29-2021, 11:27 AM   #12827
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I would say the ones that rushed to get the “questionable” vaccines were likely doing it out of fear for themselves rather then “for the good of the world.” They got 2 extra weeks of sanity in return. This obviously doesn’t apply to those in the older age bracket that didn’t have a choice.

This is such an unknown situation, blaming anyone is so crazy. Every industry has its professionals, but even the professionals have to deal and cope with new situations which don’t have a known proper answer. They may not do it perfectly but probably used their knowledge and experience to make the most appropriate decision with the information at hand.

Medical professionals deal with this day in and out. But they have insurance. Haha
Old 09-29-2021, 11:42 AM   #12828
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,005 Times in 1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
What's worse is there are stories of Murican's who do not regret their non-vaxxed stance on their death beds.

They claim it is their choice, right or wrong, their choice to make.

No facepalm, I'm happy for them ... go ahead then, die knowing that your choices led you to this point.

For those deniers and anti-vaxxers who are in Canada, do the honourable thing and forego ICU, don't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of our healthcare budget to put you up in our ICU's, tie up our good Dr's and nurses, take up a bed that others really need, or cause the postponing of surgeries. I know they label the postponement of surgeries as those that are 'non-essential' but talk to anyone who is waiting for a surgery that may be labelled 'non-essential' (hip, knee, hernia, etc.) .. it is pretty important to them to have it done and move along in their healing or recovery.

Last edited by whitev70r; 09-29-2021 at 05:43 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 12:09 PM   #12829
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
My main problem with the mixing was the FDA and even WHO was recommending against it at the time. The FDA, as I posted in the past said it would have to be “extraordinary circumstances” to mix vaccines.

And counter to the point above, everyone I know who mixed or got the Indian AZ did it as part of a “greater good” attempt in industries that had large outbreaks (factory, ship yard settings, etc.)

Regardless of who’s fault it was it turned into a major fuck up that other countries avoided. I don’t envy those people
Old 09-29-2021, 12:16 PM   #12830
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
My main problem with the mixing was the FDA and even WHO was recommending against it at the time. The FDA, as I posted in the past said it would have to be “extraordinary circumstances” to mix vaccines.

And counter to the point above, everyone I know who mixed or got the Indian AZ did it as part of a “greater good” attempt in industries that had large outbreaks (factory, ship yard settings, etc.)

Regardless of who’s fault it was it turned into a major fuck up that other countries avoided. I don’t envy those people
Realistically though the other countries were able to secure the other vaccines because they either manufactured them or paid up, the blame for lack of the other two vaccines at the time falls on the Federal Govt. not the Provincial Govt, they were playing the hand they were dealt.

What were they going to do, throw a million doses or whatever it was in the garbage well people are asking when are we going to get our vaccine, the rest of the world was already well on it's way to get vaccinated before we even started distributing here.

I have the mixed vaccines, my wife and son don't. If it screws up a future vacation it's annoying but I'll deal with it these are generally annoying times.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #12831
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
I need that to be my sign if I ever go to a protest “These are generally annoying times”
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2021, 02:10 PM   #12832
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I need that to be my sign if I ever go to a protest “These are generally annoying times”
I want mine to say "Chicken Fingies"
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2021, 02:17 PM   #12833
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
Westopher has that sign already sorry !
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2021, 02:32 PM   #12834

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
MA RITE 2 FINGIE
MY BODY MY CHIKEN FINGIE
HITLER TOOK THE FINGIES FIRST
There’s enough options for all of us.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2021, 05:10 PM   #12835
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 06:33 PM   #12836
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Also, how in the fuck is this Bonnie Henry's fault. Her (and the government by relation)'s job was to get vaccines into as many people as quickly, which is what they did. I'm fairly certain their priorities were to make sure you are safe, not that your future travel plans aren't affected by logistics.

This is some serious first world problems, I cAnT gO tO mExIcO dUrInG a PaNdEmIc, FuCk BoNnIe HeNrY!!!
they were going against manufacturer & FDA recommendations multiple times

their primary goal was preventing healthcare collapse

dragging shots 4 months apart saved us from wave 3...not

yes because the only reason to travel is for music festivals, not for seeing a parent on their death bed, checking on your property etc.

you are seemingly content almost 2 years later people cannot go back to their way of life..how about another 15 years of this?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-29-2021, 06:47 PM   #12837
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
in case you missed it, part of FH has gone back into semi-lockdown

with 82% full vax in BC

11 people died today

Bonnie et al admitted to underreporting hospital numbers by almost 50% when compared to Ontario's metric

not a good outlook any way you slice it
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 07:58 PM   #12838

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
they were going against manufacturer & FDA recommendations multiple times

their primary goal was preventing healthcare collapse

dragging shots 4 months apart saved us from wave 3...not

yes because the only reason to travel is for music festivals, not for seeing a parent on their death bed, checking on your property etc.

you are seemingly content almost 2 years later people cannot go back to their way of life..how about another 15 years of this?
You are just reiterating my point, the PHO's first priority is preventing healthcare collapse - look what's happening in AB.

I am sympathetic to those who are affected by this, especially if legitimate/emergency travel plans are hindered. My point is that it's unfair and illogical to start screaming because the US government doesn't recognize something Canada did.

Also, nobody including myself is content - but I'm keeping my entitlement in check to realize that BC has fared extraordinarily well compared to most other places.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:12 PM   #12839

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

Also, nobody including myself is content - but I'm keeping my entitlement in check to realize that BC has fared extraordinarily well compared to most other places.
This is what people need to recognize. My buddy from Brazil is upset about his countries handling of covid, because his mother died when there was no hospital that could treat her. We're mad because of chicken fingies, all inclusive resort trips in Mexico, and having to pull out our phone when we walk in a restaurant (like they don't spend the whole time in the restaurant browsing their phone anyway)
It's reasonable to be upset, it's reasonable to complain but there's gotta be some perspective before we start talking about it like its the great tragedy of the 21st century for us that haven't really felt the true hit like loved ones dying, long running illnesses and complete financial collapse.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:32 PM   #12840
I subscribe to Revscene

jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 09-29-2021 at 10:57 PM. Reason: You have your own thread for this trash
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-29-2021, 11:12 PM   #12841

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Jesus Christ. I'm done mincing words because this just pisses me off.

Did you even read the fucking study? Or did you just go to one of your carefully curated troves of shitty sources and accept it as gospel because CNN is run by zionists?

Direct excerpts from the fucking study, which you could have linked:
https://assets.publishing.service.go..._-_week_38.pdf

Quote:
Results

The rate of a positive COVID-19 test varies by age and vaccination status. The rate of a positive COVID-19 test is substantially lower in vaccinated individuals compared to unvaccinated individuals up to the age of 39. In individuals aged greater than 40, the rate of a positive COVID-19 test is higher in vaccinated individuals compared to unvaccinated. This is likely to be due to a variety of reasons, including differences in the population of vaccinated and unvaccinated people as well as differences in testing
patterns.

The rate of hospitalisation within 28 days of a positive COVID-19 test increases with age, and is substantially greater in unvaccinated individuals compared to vaccinated individuals.

The rate of death within 28 days or within 60 days of a positive COVID-19 test increases with age, and again is substantially greater in unvaccinated individuals compared to fully vaccinated individuals.
Quote:
Interpretation of the data
These data should be considered in the context of vaccination status of the population groups shown in the rest of this report. The vaccination status of cases, inpatients and deaths is not the most appropriate method to assess vaccine effectiveness and there is a high risk of misinterpretation. Vaccine effectiveness has been formally estimated from a number of different sources and is described earlier in this report.

In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective. This is especially true because vaccination has been prioritised in individuals who are more
susceptible or more at risk of severe disease. Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-COVID-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with COVID-19 rather than because of COVID-19.
They even warn in the damn study that the data is ripe for misinterpretation. Clearly they knew it would be. I guess you conveniently left out allll the parts that show the vaccines are effective.

Fuck you, and your "tHiS iS a FaCt" - no, it isn't. Even if you and your shitty source (which is apparently on the verge of shutting down, good riddance) claim it to be.

Edit***: For those who didn't see what he posted before he ninja'd it, he linked the website below, and claimed "Aha! See, I told you vaccines were hurting the immune system! Fuck MSM!!
https://theexpose.uk/2021/09/28/fact...m-media-lying/

Last edited by inv4zn; 09-29-2021 at 11:18 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2021, 12:19 AM   #12842
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
It makes sense also because the majority of ppl are vaccinated, so, eventually there'll be more ppl who r vaxxed with covid than unvaxxed simply due to the dwindling number of unvaxxed individuals

If you scroll to the right of the charts in his linked article and look at the rates per 100k, the unvaxxed are still far ahead
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2021, 08:58 AM   #12843
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I'd say that's pretty clear

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:01 AM   #12844
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
so the only useful news from his link is that we know he is at least alive and well

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:11 AM   #12845
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
It makes sense also because the majority of ppl are vaccinated, so, eventually there'll be more ppl who r vaxxed with covid than unvaxxed simply due to the dwindling number of unvaxxed individuals
I’ve been saying that for weeks and everyone keeps ignoring this point. I don’t know how many people have used a misconstrued version of this point to try and show why vaccines are useless
Old 09-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #12846
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
so the only useful news from his link is that we know he is at least alive and well
Yeah we were all very worried for a minute there.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:32 AM   #12847
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I’ve been saying that for weeks and everyone keeps ignoring this point. I don’t know how many people have used a misconstrued version of this point to try and show why vaccines are useless
I think partially confusion over the term "vaccine"

Our understanding of a vaccine is that it prevents infection.

I got the Polio and Tuberculosis vaccine before, I can't catch Polio or Tuberculosis at all. Not even a little bit, I cannot transmit the virus nor be affected by them.

The C19 Vaccine as we all know doesn't prevent infection - It (tries to) reduces the severity of the symptoms which will ultimately also prevent its spread.

Less cough/sneeze = Less Droplets

That's why C19 "vaccine" is effective, not because it can't prevent infection but to reduce the symptoms so that people don't spread it as easily/fast.

However by calling it a "Vaccine" we've created a group of folks who think "Wait a minute.... don't vaccines PREVENT infection?!?!?! C19 Vaxx is useless!!!! I'M NOT GONNA GET SOMETHING PUT IN ME THAT DOESNT WORKKK!!!!"

What's missing is the link between

"If I get the shot, I prevent serious symptoms which will lessen the load on the hospitals and lower the speed of spread."

"Ok that sounds good to me, even if it means I still have to be careful"

Seems like a lot of people are "tired of" being careful and being "judged" for their choices over their "own" body.

In no way am I praising/encouraging vaccine hesitation, btw.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2021, 10:06 AM   #12848

^ this.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:17 AM   #12849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
I think partially confusion over the term "vaccine"

Our understanding of a vaccine is that it prevents infection.

I got the Polio and Tuberculosis vaccine before, I can't catch Polio or Tuberculosis at all. Not even a little bit, I cannot transmit the virus nor be affected by them.

The C19 Vaccine as we all know doesn't prevent infection - It (tries to) reduces the severity of the symptoms which will ultimately also prevent its spread.

Less cough/sneeze = Less Droplets

That's why C19 "vaccine" is effective, not because it can't prevent infection but to reduce the symptoms so that people don't spread it as easily/fast.

However by calling it a "Vaccine" we've created a group of folks who think "Wait a minute.... don't vaccines PREVENT infection?!?!?! C19 Vaxx is useless!!!! I'M NOT GONNA GET SOMETHING PUT IN ME THAT DOESNT WORKKK!!!!"

What's missing is the link between

"If I get the shot, I prevent serious symptoms which will lessen the load on the hospitals and lower the speed of spread."

"Ok that sounds good to me, even if it means I still have to be careful"

Seems like a lot of people are "tired of" being careful and being "judged" for their choices over their "own" body.

In no way am I praising/encouraging vaccine hesitation, btw.
This is actually a good observation, and it doesn't help that the CDC recently changed its definition of vaccine, switching the word 'immunity' to 'protection'.

However, it's only as big of a deal as you make it. Semantics aside the benefits of the Covid vaccine have been proven both in studies and in real life statistics, so to deny its efficacy is like saying seatbelts don't save lives because some people have died in car crashes while wearing a seatbelt.

Also, speaking personally, I'm not judging the few people around me who are refusing to get vaxxed because of their personal choice over their body, i'm judging them because the reasons they spew are illogical at best and downright stupid in other cases.

Also this is a tangent, but a large portion of the ones screaming my body my choice are the ones who think abortions should be illegal.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:26 AM   #12850

Not blaming anyone, not CDC, not Dr. Henry, not even Trudeau, this is unravelling in real time at a rapid pace. Everyone is trying their best but yah, the vaccine is now a shot that can reduce your symptoms. Those who say that even at the outset, they knew that this vaccine isn't meant to prevent you from getting Covid is blowing smoke out of their arse. I've been following this just as close as anyone, right from the beginning. They marketed as a prevention of covid. I would still get the vaccine for reducing symptoms, but let's call a spade a spade. The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting the virus.