REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-19-2021, 05:35 PM   #11576
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
I kinda think they are doing the just let them die approach for the anti Vax, in UK and US, since it's a democracy and they are too pussy shit to just haul every one in and be like vaccine or you're not allowed to go to work or get any gov benefits. So just let them get sick, their choice to live free and face the consequences of their choices.
Advertisement
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:08 PM   #11577
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2021, 07:36 PM   #11578
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Yah, let them die is not a bad philosophy except it cost so much health care dollars before they actually kick the bucket. They put patients in coma and in ICU for as much as a month ...

I'm with the cautious crowd in that I'm a little worried about the variant. I'm not confident of our border restrictions and there are already cases of Delta and Lamda here already. Hope I'm wrong and there is no blow up but ...
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:39 PM   #11579
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Can someone unban skidz, we need a proper ratio of anti vaxxers to vaxxers in here

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2021, 08:22 PM   #11580
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
the proper ratio should be 1,000,000:1
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 08:53 PM   #11581

US has no universal healthcare, not sure about UK, if they die they die

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Yah, let them die is not a bad philosophy except it cost so much health care dollars before they actually kick the bucket. They put patients in coma and in ICU for as much as a month ...

I'm with the cautious crowd in that I'm a little worried about the variant. I'm not confident of our border restrictions and there are already cases of Delta and Lamda here already. Hope I'm wrong and there is no blow up but ...
Old 07-19-2021, 09:09 PM   #11582
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
What doesn't make sense is Canada doing what they're doing given all the facts in your post
The overall US vaccination rate is still only hovering below 57% for at least 1 dose, and just over 49% for fully vaccinated people. I'd prefer to see the at least 1 dose rate get much closer to 70% before we re-open our borders to the US -- after all, that is basically the same goal post BC has set for re-opening, and I think Ontario has a slightly lower figure for re-opening. But the fact of the matter is -- the statistical trend is suggesting that it is going to take the US a very long time to reach that 70% 1st dose milestone, if it ever reaches that at all. As Canada's largest trading and economic partner, is it practical to keep our border closed until who knows when?

Trudeau is taking a calculated risk to re-open the Canada-US border. The risk tolerance he is showing here is too high for my taste, and I'd say he is too naive to expect US travellers to not lie about their vaccination history. (Either that or he doesn't give a damn about them lying.)

So what I am saying is -- I don't agree with Canada re-opening the Canada-US border to (fully vaccinated) US travelers now. Given that the policy is there in place though, the least Canada should have negotiated, and the least the US should have done, is for the US to reciprocate and open its border to fully vaccinated Canadians as well.

Last edited by Traum; 07-19-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2021, 09:14 PM   #11583
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
the proper ratio should be 1,000,000:1
Wow man, by that logic, if revscenes covid thread population is around 20, then that means, skidz is 0.00002 of a person

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:16 PM   #11584

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
US has no universal healthcare, not sure about UK, if they die they die
The UK has NHS (National Health Service). The quality and professionalism of their healthcare staff seems to be very high, but it doesn't change the fact that it was already underfunded before the pandemic. And now that the world is well over a year into COVID, NHS staff are stretched to their limits.

Recall that in any sort of healthcare situation, when the healthcare resource becomes grossly insufficient, they will start administering care selectively. If a patient's expected survivability is not high enough, active treatment will be withdrawn. It doesn't matter if there is supposed to be universal healthcare.
Old 07-19-2021, 11:14 PM   #11585
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Traum nailed it, exactly how i feel
Old 07-20-2021, 12:55 AM   #11586

IIRC, at least a portion of Singapore's vaccines are the Sinovac garbage. A recent HKU study has shown that even with the "full" 2 doses of Sinovac, the antibody count is still far lower than the antibody count from a single dose of BioNTech.

Looking at countries at the international level that has used Sinovac, it doesn't matter what their vaccination rate is. The Sinovac vaccine is so utterly useless in offering any sort of protection -- esp against the variants -- that you might as well consider their use as being unvaccinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Singapore relaxed restrictions last week, deciding to treat it as "an endemic rather than a pandemic" basically treat it like the flu

And then they were hit with the highest cases all year

So they are going back into lockdown on Thursday. Restaurants closed, Max group gathering: 2

They are over 50% vaccinated but the delta variant doesn't seem to care
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2021, 04:14 AM   #11587

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
People keep saying Americans will just lie about their vaccination history, so does that mean we're opening the border and just accepting people's word for it? There's no proof that needs to be given? I think some sort of official not so easy to forge document should get drawn up before we start opening shit to other countries.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 06:04 AM   #11588
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Wow man, by that logic, if revscenes covid thread population is around 20, then that means, skidz is 0.00002 of a person
Well the stupid thing about that guy is he PM’d me to tell me he’s fully vaccinated, but he wants to post videos about how vaccines don’t work. Sorry we don’t need stupidly obvious trolls.

If you think that shit adds to your life or the discussion then I don’t know what to say.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2021, 07:22 AM   #11589
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
The overall US vaccination rate is still only hovering below 57% for at least 1 dose, and just over 49% for fully vaccinated people. I'd prefer to see the at least 1 dose rate get much closer to 70% before we re-open our borders to the US -- after all, that is basically the same goal post BC has set for re-opening, and I think Ontario has a slightly lower figure for re-opening.
We just got to stage 3 on Friday the 16th which pretty much opens everything now. Requirements were 70-80% first dose, 25% fully vaccinated.

According to https://covid19tracker.ca/index.html:

BC Vaxx Data for 12yrs+
First Dose: 81.037%
Fully Vaxx: 53.838%

ON Vaxx Data for 12yrs+
First Dose: 79.616%
Fully Vaxx: 62.186%
Old 07-20-2021, 07:44 AM   #11590
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Well the stupid thing about that guy is he PM’d me to tell me he’s fully vaccinated, but he wants to post videos about how vaccines don’t work. Sorry we don’t need stupidly obvious trolls.

If you think that shit adds to your life or the discussion then I don’t know what to say.
that spot is already filled by tucker carlson

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:15 AM   #11591
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,337 Times in 5,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
People keep saying Americans will just lie about their vaccination history, so does that mean we're opening the border and just accepting people's word for it? There's no proof that needs to be given? I think some sort of official not so easy to forge document should get drawn up before we start opening shit to other countries.
You have to prove vaccination at the border. Not sure what that looks like though.

The PDF the health services card app provides for vaccination status is great, however I could photoshop that card in 5 minutes if I wanted to
Old 07-20-2021, 09:25 AM   #11592

Anyone notice the cases are up? It was as low as 20 30 new cases a day, last weekend was over 150 new cases so over 50+ cases a day. Exactly 2 weeks since the reopening and no masks.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #11593
My homepage has been set to RS

It was expected that cases would go up once things opened on July 1. I remember Dr Bonnie discussing that models show that there may be an uptick when there is increased social interaction this summer. I think it is amazing that we are only at 50 per day across the entire province when you see how everyone is basically living their lives at pre-covid levels. Or at least that is what is seems!
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:09 AM   #11594
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
The 7 day average is 46. The lowest it was was 36, and this time last week it was 46. I don’t think that calls for a panic yet.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 10:27 AM   #11595
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Also VCH is steady at 10-15 cases a day. The uptake is entirely in the Interior right now.

Plus I know of at least one person who caught it in Kelowna, but is counted as a Vancouver case because she lives here.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:18 AM   #11596

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

Quote:
Earlier this month, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19, suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated.

And CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said on Tuesday that the vaccine is so effective that “nearly every death, especially among adults, due to COVID-19, is, at this point, entirely preventable.” She called such deaths “particularly tragic.”
Old 07-20-2021, 12:45 PM   #11597

this may have been covered but we're opening the boarder the US for those fully vaccinated on Aug 9th after they've been bitching and moaning it's been unfair and we need to open up but they haven't decided when they're going to let us in?

please tell me i have that wrong or is it typical US bull shit again?
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:57 PM   #11598
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Opening the border itself is not the issue. I'm concerned about how strict they actually plan to enforce the fully vaccinated or the quarantine.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #11599

Considering when the first closed the borders, people just came here via boat or lied about going to Alaska. I absolutely expect people to also lie about being vaccinated.
Old 07-20-2021, 01:41 PM   #11600
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,337 Times in 5,647 Posts
Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Princess cruise lines not considering people with mixed vaccines as fully vaccinated:

https://apple.news/AwvRzS5WYTJWOZCO2vKMu8g

Who’d of thunk there would be headaches that would arise from mixing?..