REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   coronavirus discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716747-coronavirus-discussion.html)

whitev70r 12-20-2021 12:24 PM

^ ON to probably follow ... they are not far behind in terms of case counts.

MG1 12-20-2021 12:26 PM

So when are people going to take this seriously. When half the population of all living things die while the other half mutates into some weird lifeform? Good thing I'm a hoarder. Decades worth of masks, disinfectant wipes, toilet paper, Ivermectin, etc.

Anyone have instructions on how to make a home made hospital grade ventilator?

One can only laugh at all this.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/this-low-cost-...ents-1.4908750

Hondaracer 12-20-2021 01:09 PM

Half the population = 0.0000x?

Love that the corporate giant that is my employer was sending out all these COVID’s over time to return to the office! A few weeks ago lol..

Pray for the arts and your favourite restaurants! Dey be gone real soon

2021 been pretty sweet

whitev70r 12-20-2021 01:11 PM

^ you understand the use of hyperbole vs. literal?

Hondaracer 12-20-2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9048124)
^ you understand the use of hyperbole vs. literal?

Lol..that should be the title of this thread

Hondaracer 12-20-2021 01:18 PM

https://i.imgur.com/nCFlpOw.jpg

westopher 12-20-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 9048115)
Seeing the line ups of cars that are going to the testing centres, shit looks like we’re gonna go off the rails soon

Part of that is instilled by the panic. There are definitely going to be people getting tested that 2 or 3 weeks ago wouldn't have bothered.
There is the thing to keep in mind that a huge spike in case counts won't necessarily paint the whole picture. I'm sure plenty of people with minor to no symptoms were walking around like nothing was wrong and weren't contributing to the daily case count, whereas now there will be a massive spike due to people in similar situations being more vigilant.
That's why the hospitalizations and deaths remain the number to keep an eye on when really focusing on how bad (or not bad) of a situation we are in.

GLOW 12-20-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9048123)
Pray for the arts and your favourite restaurants! Dey be gone real soon

2021 been pretty sweet

sorry but the 1st thing that came to mind reading this...

pastarocket 12-20-2021 03:10 PM

The covid numbers for this past weekend as per Dr. Henry:

2550 new cases

Saturday: 911
Sunday: 832
Monday (today): 807

Hondaracer 12-20-2021 03:19 PM

https://c.tenor.com/wtg92v8U6fMAAAAC...-not-great.gif

JDMDreams 12-20-2021 03:19 PM

Sounds about right, I was out for Christmas festivities, and a lot of people weren't wearing masks cuz they are lining up outside and less than 6 feet apart. :pokerface:

StylinRed 12-20-2021 04:53 PM

3 deaths, that's a very low # compared to what we've been seeing, that's a good sign

BlackV62K2 12-20-2021 05:10 PM

Ohh FFS.

whitev70r 12-20-2021 05:14 PM

^ just a tip in embedding twitter ... delete the 4 characters up to ?

Can't say I'm surprised ... more restrictions.

68style 12-20-2021 08:02 PM

If you watched the news at all the past few days you'd see why testing centre are all fucked up... people who just want to check if they're clean before visiting family for Christmas are going to grab a test even though they're not sick at all. Stupid.

Alpine 12-20-2021 11:12 PM

I’m starting to see the friends/fam/colleagues who were following covid vaccine schedules/lockdowns/restrictions to a T starting to waver and beginning to grow tiresome with the latest rounds of restrictions. Double vaxxed (with booster if eligible), will wear masks, but they are done with tiny social household bubbles. Is everyone else starting to see the same?

MG1 12-20-2021 11:16 PM

Covid fatigue, lol. The terms they come up with these days..........

Also, "Dying to see family and friends," takes on a whole new meaning, gulolol.

SkinnyPupp 12-21-2021 03:10 AM

Late November 2021 was the right time to get Covid Fatigue.. Might be a bit late for that now LUL

whitev70r 12-21-2021 06:24 AM

Studies coming out that double vaccinated breakthrough cases = super immunity. The double vaccinated prevents serious symptoms (which is good and serves a purpose), the breakthrough positive infection gives the body the antibodies that it needs for further variants.

Omicron spreader party anyone?

I said earlier, I'll be as careful as I've been all along but pretty resolved to probably catch it this wave. Hard to avoid with the extremely high contagious rate. And if not me, probably someone in my household ... which effectively means, me.

underscore 12-21-2021 06:45 AM

Did nobody bother to see their family and friends when restrictions were loosened in the summer?

westopher 12-21-2021 07:13 AM

I’m sure a lot of people couldn’t/didn’t for certain members of their family they expected to see at Christmas. My grandparents would have been here for Christmas if it wasn’t so risky right now plus my grandfathers treatment was still pushed to now from a couple months ago, even though zedbra heard from some random person in Squamish that hasn’t been happening. For a lot of peoples work situations Christmas might be the only time that time off lines up to get their whole immediate family together.

CivicBlues 12-21-2021 07:46 AM

We should just celebrate Christmas in July. In addition to avoiding the peak of respiratory disease season think of how many lives will be saved from accidents due to inclement weather and early darkness. Plus a week off in July is worth 4 in December any year. Who's dumb idea was it to celebrate Christmas in one of the darkest days of the year.

Oh right....fucking Romans.

68style 12-21-2021 08:06 AM

You could just move to Australia

RiceIntegraRS 12-21-2021 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine (Post 9048182)
I’m starting to see the friends/fam/colleagues who were following covid vaccine schedules/lockdowns/restrictions to a T starting to waver and beginning to grow tiresome with the latest rounds of restrictions. Double vaxxed (with booster if eligible), will wear masks, but they are done with tiny social household bubbles. Is everyone else starting to see the same?

I basically followed covid restrictions to a T and used my own common sense on the matter. But i remember in the beginning of covid there was a study or article that said the more contagious a virus is, the less deadly it becomes. Even though its super early, isnt that what Omicron is? Im still cautious about who i hangout with but basically i only care if ur fully vaxxed or not.

CivicBlues 12-21-2021 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 9048200)
You could just move to Australia

I did actually about 10 years ago for a few months. Left right before Christmas though, it was too fucking hot.