REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   coronavirus discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716747-coronavirus-discussion.html)

T4RAWR 03-08-2020 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8976926)
You can blow your nose with a bidet?

You could blow your nose into your hand and then rinse your hand with the bidet...... I suppose...

Or just wash it in the sink.

:pokerface:

Besides you only blow your nose on tp instead of Kleenex if your mid shit and so stuffed up you can taste ass in your mouth and your nose is the only way to filter the air.

:alone:

Manic! 03-08-2020 03:42 PM

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/03/08/...-for-covid-19/

Quote:

Texas Senator Ted Cruz announced Sunday that he “briefly interacted” with an individual 10 days ago who has tested positive for COVID-19.

In the statement, the Republican senator said he was informed Saturday night that he had a brief conversation and shared a handshake with the individual at CPAC

out of an abundance of caution, the senator says he will remain in his Texas home, beginning this week, until a full 14 days have passed.
CPAC: The Conservative Political Action Conference is an annual political conference attended by conservative activists and elected officials from across the United States and beyond. CPAC is hosted by the American Conservative Union.

You have conferences canceling around the world but for some reason they thought this was a good idea.

Edit: Trump and Pence attened CPAC.

whitev70r 03-08-2020 04:26 PM

I know some of you 'medical experts' are hating on Dr. Bonnie Henry but I have faith in her.

Meet Dr. Bonnie Henry: a B.C. coronavirus hunter who staved off Canada’s epidemics

https://globalnews.ca/news/6647555/b...avirus-hunter/

Henry, who replaced Kendall as B.C.’s chief health officer, was appointed in February 2018.

Kendall said Henry is an experienced virus hunter who has battled SARS, Ebola, H1N1 and polio during her career.

“Dr. Henry was on the front lines in Toronto in 2003, has been in the front lines of Ebola outbreaks in West Africa, is a co-author of the Canadian Pandemic Plan and was key to the responses to both H1N1 and the 2014 Ebola response,” he said.

She worked internationally, including with the World Health Organization and UNICEF on a polio eradication program in Pakistan and to control the Ebola outbreak in Uganda. Henry is an associate professor at the University of B.C.’s faculty of medicine.

“She is the voice of reason and calm,” he said. “She is capable of handling great amounts of pressure, but in a way that gives you confidence she is in control,” Lake said.

StylinRed 03-08-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 8976933)
My dad spent 3 days in the hallway here back in 2011 when he had complications from heart surgery, how abnormal is that? Serious question

From what I understand it's normal to move certain patients to the hallways, but not ICU patients, the Italian hospitals are using the hallways as an ICU

whitev70r 03-08-2020 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8976952)

CPAC: The Conservative Political Action Conference is an annual political conference attended by conservative activists and elected officials from across the United States and beyond. CPAC is hosted by the American Conservative Union.

You have conferences canceling around the world but for some reason they thought this was a good idea.

Edit: Trump and Pence attened CPAC.

Get your head out of your ass .. there are lots of events that aren't cancelled. Not only 'conservative' conferences are still happening.

UnknownJinX 03-08-2020 08:02 PM

I think part of the problem is that the general population seems to just have two modes: giving no shit and panicking. There is very little in between so again, we can only try to do the best as an individual.

Manic! 03-08-2020 08:25 PM

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/surr...ol-coronavirus

[An elementary school in Surrey “initiated a deep clean protocol” over the weekend, and “postponed the community use rental group permit until further notice,” after it was discovered that a person who had been diagnosed with COVID-19 (coronavirus) was in the school gym over the weekend as part of a community event.

In a letter sent home to parents on Sunday and obtained by Daily Hive, Superintendent Jordan Tinney writes that on Saturday, “the Fraser Health Authority informed the Surrey School District that an individual, who was in a school as part of a community use rental, has been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).”

And while Tinney writes that the risk to the “general school community” has been deemed low by Fraser Health officials, the school, Serpentine Heights Elementary, is still taking steps to “prepare” for the week ahead.

]

SkinnyPupp 03-08-2020 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8976989)
I think part of the problem is that the general population seems to just have two modes: giving no shit and panicking. There is very little in between so again, we can only try to do the best as an individual.

How much actual panic is there though? I admit I don't watch a lot of western news sources, but really all I see are people preparing rather than panicking. There was that one picture of a dude climbing a shelf to get some rice at a Costco, or ladies fighting over the last pack of toilet paper. But that's all pretty common in any busy shopping scenario. We see it every single year with black friday and boxing day sales.

People keep going on about how the media is blowing the danger of the virus out of proportion... Actually the only thing I see being blown out of proportion is the level of panic being perceived.

To me there are two camps: Don't give a shit, like the non billionaire climate change deniers, and people trying to tell these guys "hey this could actually be a serious thing and our government is not doing enough to prepare for this"

It's totally not uncommon though. We've seen this in past outbreaks, from SARS to AIDS to everything in between. There is always a segment that will just not care enough. There are even some that WANT to spread disease to others. The thing is, do western governments have enough power to lock these people up if they aren't willing to do it themselves? Hong Kong alone has already had something like 17 people try to break their quarantines.

It's funny because epidemiologists studied this exact type of behavior in World of Warcraft. The boss gave players an infection that would do damage and die after a set amount of time. It would spread if you got to close to someone infected. It's not enough to kill high level players, but low level players would die from it quickly. There was a bug that caused the infection to not die out after a re-summoned pet got it. So it got spread to the general population.

It quickly spread, and killed huge segments of the population. I remember this, bodies lying everywhere. They couldn't patch it out, so told people to self quarantine. Some complied, some even stopped playing for a while.

But there was a certain segment of the player base who wanted to cause problems, and would purposefully take their infections and spread it. It caused so much chaos that they just had to revert the servers to take the entire boss encounter out.

Whether it's in a game or in real life, there will always be people who, for one reason or another, decline to believe in reality. This has been studied, and the game was one case of it happening. In general people all pretty much want the same things, but for some reason there's a certain population that don't have the ability to believe reality. I incorrectly called it "idiotic" before, but there's definitely something behind this that is kind of interesting (and scary)

Mr.HappySilp 03-08-2020 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8976991)
How much actual panic is there though? I admit I don't watch a lot of western news sources, but really all I see are people preparing rather than panicking. There was that one picture of a dude climbing a shelf to get some rice at a Costco, or ladies fighting over the last pack of toilet paper. But that's all pretty common in any busy shopping scenario. We see it every single year with black friday and boxing day sales.

People keep going on about how the media is blowing the danger of the virus out of proportion... Actually the only thing I see being blown out of proportion is the level of panic being perceived.

To me there are two camps: Don't give a shit, like the non billionaire climate change deniers, and people trying to tell these guys "hey this could actually be a serious thing and our government is not doing enough to prepare for this"

It's totally not uncommon though. We've seen this in past outbreaks, from SARS to AIDS to everything in between. There is always a segment that will just not care enough. There are even some that WANT to spread disease to others. The thing is, do western governments have enough power to lock these people up if they aren't willing to do it themselves? Hong Kong alone has already had something like 17 people try to break their quarantines.

It's funny because epidemiologists studied this exact type of behavior in World of Warcraft. The boss gave players an infection that would do damage and die after a set amount of time. It would spread if you got to close to someone infected. It's not enough to kill high level players, but low level players would die from it quickly. There was a bug that caused the infection to not die out after a re-summoned pet got it. So it got spread to the general population.

It quickly spread, and killed huge segments of the population. I remember this, bodies lying everywhere. They couldn't patch it out, so told people to self quarantine. Some complied, some even stopped playing for a while.

But there was a certain segment of the player base who wanted to cause problems, and would purposefully take their infections and spread it. It caused so much chaos that they just had to revert the servers to take the entire boss encounter out.

Whether it's in a game or in real life, there will always be people who, for one reason or another, decline to believe in reality. This has been studied, and the game was one case of it happening. In general people all pretty much want the same things, but for some reason there's a certain population that don't have the ability to believe reality. I incorrectly called it "idiotic" before, but there's definitely something behind this that is kind of interesting (and scary)

I remember that! It was before the lich king expansion! It was actually pretty funny. You would get infected and die and then become a zombie. The bug allow an infected pet and bring it say a city IE auction house. Where then it would spread to nearby players and NPC. The AH and the major city was a chaos. I remember I got infected but didn't die (was playing a pally then so I can bubble) it was funny as hell! I got infected yes and I kinda of spread it to the AH NPC on purpose. But a game is a game I don't think anyone in the real.world would go and infect others on purpose. Is like blaming shootings when someone is playing COD

Manic! 03-08-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8976980)
Get your head out of your ass .. there are lots of events that aren't cancelled. Not only 'conservative' conferences are still happening.

Do you think it's a great idea to have the president and the vice president who are both seniors at a large conference with international attendees? This is the second time it has happened to Pence.

SkinnyPupp 03-08-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8976995)
But a game is a game I don't think anyone in the real.world would go and infect others on purpose.

Unfortunately this is untrue. There are dozens of cases of intentional disease spreading, particularly with HIV. Even with something as new as Coronavirus, we have seen cases of people trying to get out of quarantine arrest by spitting and coughing on their arresters in Hong Kong, or this lady spitting on a doorknob in China

And those are just the people committing assault. The people who say "I'm going to do things the same as I always have" are just about as dangerous.

whitev70r 03-08-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8976997)
Do you think it's a great idea to have the president and the vice president who are both seniors at a large conference with international attendees? This is the second time it has happened to Pence.

Actually, you may be onto something. This sitting President and VP ... YES!

underscore 03-08-2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8976995)
But a game is a game I don't think anyone in the real.world would go and infect others on purpose.

Oh my sweet summer child. Look up Generationing, Stealthing, and Gift Giving.

Obsideon 03-08-2020 11:03 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/3rvqcq.jpg

i-vtecyo 03-09-2020 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8976955)
I know some of you 'medical experts' are hating on Dr. Bonnie Henry but I have faith in her.

Only time will tell. Assuming that she continues to do nothing, I would like to hear that again from you in a month from now.

Manic! 03-09-2020 01:29 AM

Abbotsford Costco. Everyone thinks they are Ben Johnson.

Teriyaki 03-09-2020 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8977014)
https://youtu.be/zrkJ5_d9FrI

Abbotsford Costco. Everyone thinks they are Ben Johnson.

Gather a lot of people in close proximity, huffing and puffing, not a mask in sight. To buy TP.:heckno:

hud 91gt 03-09-2020 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8976990)
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/surr...ol-coronavirus

[An elementary school in Surrey “initiated a deep clean protocol” over the weekend, and “postponed the community use rental group permit until further notice,” after it was discovered that a person who had been diagnosed with COVID-19 (coronavirus) was in the school gym over the weekend as part of a community event.

In a letter sent home to parents on Sunday and obtained by Daily Hive, Superintendent Jordan Tinney writes that on Saturday, “the Fraser Health Authority informed the Surrey School District that an individual, who was in a school as part of a community use rental, has been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).”

And while Tinney writes that the risk to the “general school community” has been deemed low by Fraser Health officials, the school, Serpentine Heights Elementary, is still taking steps to “prepare” for the week ahead.

]

Superintendent? He was my HS principle on the island. Hell yeah, just the best guy. Haha.

Ludepower 03-09-2020 06:56 AM

If u wanna see panic look at stocks. Bloody fucking tampon.

Mikoyan 03-09-2020 07:38 AM

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

https://www.tokyoreporter.com/japan/...-to-spread-it/
AICHI (TR) – A man in his 50s in Gamagori City visited two bars after being confirmed as infected with the novel coronavirus, city officials said on Thursday.

At around 6:00 p.m. the day before, medical personnel sent the man home after he was confirmed to be infected with the novel coronavirus, which causes a disease known as COVID-19.

He was to remain at home until an appropriate medical institution was found for treatment. However, he decided to take a taxi to an izakaya bar, reports Fuji News Network (Mar. 6).

Before departing, he reportedly told a family member, “I am going to spread the virus.”

A man in Aichi Prefecture visited two bars after being confirmed as infected with the novel coronavirus (Twitter)
Afterward, he left the first establishment on foot for a pub staffed by women. At the second bar, he informed persons there, “I tested positive [for the coronavirus].”

Upon receiving the confession, a staff member alerted a local health center. Officers from the Gamagori Police Station, dressed in protective suits, arrived at the bar only to find that the man had already returned home by taxi.

“I can’t get this straight in my head,” a staff member was quoted. “I cannot express it in words since I only have anger.”

The man, who showed no symptoms of the virus, was tested since both of his parents, with whom he lives, had been confirmed with the virus.

Both establishments are undergoing sterilization, the city said. As well, staff members and customers are now undergoing examinations.

“Highly regrettable”
On Thursday, the man was sent to a medical institution. “It is highly regrettable that he did not remain home as instructed,” Gamagori mayor Toshiaki Suzuki said.

Mr.HappySilp 03-09-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8976999)
Unfortunately this is untrue. There are dozens of cases of intentional disease spreading, particularly with HIV. Even with something as new as Coronavirus, we have seen cases of people trying to get out of quarantine arrest by spitting and coughing on their arresters in Hong Kong, or this lady spitting on a doorknob in China

And those are just the people committing assault. The people who say "I'm going to do things the same as I always have" are just about as dangerous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikoyan (Post 8977033)
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

https://www.tokyoreporter.com/japan/...-to-spread-it/
AICHI (TR) – A man in his 50s in Gamagori City visited two bars after being confirmed as infected with the novel coronavirus, city officials said on Thursday.

At around 6:00 p.m. the day before, medical personnel sent the man home after he was confirmed to be infected with the novel coronavirus, which causes a disease known as COVID-19.

He was to remain at home until an appropriate medical institution was found for treatment. However, he decided to take a taxi to an izakaya bar, reports Fuji News Network (Mar. 6).

Before departing, he reportedly told a family member, “I am going to spread the virus.”

A man in Aichi Prefecture visited two bars after being confirmed as infected with the novel coronavirus (Twitter)
Afterward, he left the first establishment on foot for a pub staffed by women. At the second bar, he informed persons there, “I tested positive [for the coronavirus].”

Upon receiving the confession, a staff member alerted a local health center. Officers from the Gamagori Police Station, dressed in protective suits, arrived at the bar only to find that the man had already returned home by taxi.

“I can’t get this straight in my head,” a staff member was quoted. “I cannot express it in words since I only have anger.”

The man, who showed no symptoms of the virus, was tested since both of his parents, with whom he lives, had been confirmed with the virus.

Both establishments are undergoing sterilization, the city said. As well, staff members and customers are now undergoing examinations.

“Highly regrettable”
On Thursday, the man was sent to a medical institution. “It is highly regrettable that he did not remain home as instructed,” Gamagori mayor Toshiaki Suzuki said.

You are right. Some people are asshole.

SkinnyPupp 03-09-2020 08:08 AM

One key to that story is again - no symptoms.

T4RAWR 03-09-2020 08:44 AM

https://theprovince.com/news/nationa...6-317b844f2022

Quote:

OTTAWA — Health officials are urging Canadians to avoid travelling on all cruise ships to protect against the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam says there is a danger ships could voyage to areas with confirmed or unknown cases of the novel coronavirus.

The update comes as Canada prepares to repatriate 237 Canadians aboard a cruise ship that’s expected to dock in California later Monday.

Global Affairs Canada announced late Sunday that it had chartered a plane to fly the Canadians aboard the Grand Princess to the air force base in Trenton, Ont.

whitev70r 03-09-2020 09:59 AM

Interesting .. and how are officials going to do this, logistically?

Italians who attempt to flee coronavirus lockdown may face jail
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...jail-1.4844905

StylinRed 03-09-2020 10:10 AM

Holy Jesus corona n oil really taking a bite out of the market