REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #8226
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Was there an all out travel ban in Canada? I never heard that
Definitely discouraged for non-essential travels, and it's disingenuous when you tell people to stay home and then proceed to travel outside.

There are some cases in the article that was related to visiting sick family members. You can argue there is some benefit of doubt in that, sure. The vacation ones? There is zero excuse.

I mean, how would the forum react if I say that I am just gonna head to another country for a vacation right now? And that's me, an Average Joe, not a politician.
Advertisement
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:28 AM   #8227
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,609 Times in 1,736 Posts
My GF got her Moderna vaccine yesterday.

Not to add any doubt to the vaccine, but my god, she was ROUGH this morning. Body aches, her arm swelled up, she had to call in sick today, which she never does. Her counterparts are apparently also feeling like garbage today from their vaccine yesterday.

I'm sure this is anecdotal, but one thing to note.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 11:31 AM   #8228
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
My GF got her Moderna vaccine yesterday.

Not to add any doubt to the vaccine, but my god, she was ROUGH this morning. Body aches, her arm swelled up, she had to call in sick today, which she never does. Her counterparts are apparently also feeling like garbage today from their vaccine yesterday.

I'm sure this is anecdotal, but one thing to note.
She has to get a second dose at some point as well right? Did they say when that will be?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #8229
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
She has to get a second dose at some point as well right? Did they say when that will be?
28 days for Moderna and 21 days for Pfizer

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 12:10 PM   #8230
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
thats supposed to be a secret!

Doh! Oh well, you can blame the restaurant again for bringing attention to it!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #8231
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
The place is literally called "Cold Tea" as in it harkens back to a practice in shady Chinese restaurants whereby they surreptitiously served beer in tea pots to get around a lack of a liquor licence.
Yes I know the story of tsui hang (sorry if I spelled it wrong) but this is a legit restaurant now. Serving liquor without a licence opens restaurants up to 20, 40 and 100k fines that they DO enforce. Since they don’t bother with the covid enforcement, might as well set them up for a real fine.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #8232
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,028 Times in 1,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
28 days for Moderna and 21 days for Pfizer
Strange things ... hearing that in BC, they are going to override what the pharmaceutical companies recommend (21-28 days for the 2nd dose) and go with 35 days in order to give as many people a first dose as possible.
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/second-dose-of...shot-1.5248841

Then, I'm also hearing medical doctors are asking, can we give 1/2 doses? A 1/2 dose first, then a 1/2 dose 28 days later ... ??!!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...half-speed-up/

Then I'm also hearing them ask, can the 2nd dose be like a different brand of vaccine? First Pfizer then 2nd dose Moderna .... ??!!
https://globalnews.ca/news/7551425/c...accine-mixing/

Not really enhancing public confidence. Really sure you want to tinker with dosage, days in between, and mixing vaccines?

Edit ... sources added

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-05-2021 at 06:12 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #8233
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,717 Times in 1,056 Posts
i don't understand any of it. we can hold a snap election in 2 weeks but can't get our shit together on this.

i get that it's a massive logistical undertaking - that's why you have or hire massive logistical undertaking experts.

i should have a postcard or an e health notification telling me when and where to be to get my vaccine. that shit should be running like CAT scans and MRI's - 24 hours per day. I don't care if I have to go in at 3am if it means i get it even 1 day sooner, and that my business can start to really recover even 1 hour sooner.

we could be back to normal by summer, instead it will take an extra year because we're not throwing everything we can at it, especially money. health services don't want to work overtime, holidays, weekends? bullshit. unleash the big overtime pay and you'll have a line up of people ready to mobilize. Plus, those workers are going to want to spend that overtime cash in the economy. it's win win

**** I understand that this is contingent on steady vaccine supply. my understanding is that the supply is forthcoming, and that this shouldn't be a hold up
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:10 PM   #8234
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
we could be back to normal by summer, instead it will take an extra year because we're not throwing everything we can at it, especially money. health services don't want to work overtime, holidays, weekends? bullshit. unleash the big overtime pay and you'll have a line up of people ready to mobilize. Plus, those workers are going to want to spend that overtime cash in the economy. it's win win
I think that is one of the problems already. Don't know how true it is but according to the news, a lot of health care workers at the hospitals are already putting in insane amounts of hours at work.
It's not about getting OT, it's the fact that there aren't enough workers and they are already stretched thin.
This is why the gov wants us to control the number of infections, to reduce the load on health care workers.
Remember, there are other health issues going on besides the pandemic.
People are still getting cancer, people are still in traffic accidents, ETC....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 01:27 PM   #8235

there is no logistical problem that can't be overcome with money. we have shown this year that we are willing to spend an unlimited amount of it, through some crazy patchwork schemes of CERBS and CEWS and all the other shit, to keep people going.

now it's time to pour the entire weight of our collective "wealth" into getting the vaccine out as quickly as possible. We weren't kicking down doors 2 weeks ago when the first supply came in because people were on holiday? that's insane.

not enough people - bring in the military. set up huge triage tents. get the vaccine into as many arms as possible as quickly as possible. every minute costs

ya people are still having other medical issues, but what doesn't get talked about enough is the mental and financial impact the virus is having on so many. there are simply too many folks who haven't been affected enough by this to really REALLY make a stink about it.

there isn't the sense of urgency that I expect there should be at this time.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 01:43 PM   #8236
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Unpopular opinion: I've had "Cold Tea" a few times in the past, mostly when I was a really young (Ah good ole' HKYK days)... lol does no one else find drinking flat Molson beer from a porcelain pot kind of disgusting? How desperate do you have to be to be pounding that for the sake of getting (more) wasted?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #8237
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,932 Times in 3,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Strange things ... hearing that in BC, they are going to override what the pharmaceutical companies recommend (28 days for the 2nd dose) and go with 35 days in order to give as many people a first dose as possible.

Then, I'm also hearing medical doctors are asking, can we give 1/2 doses? A 1/2 dose first, then a 1/2 dose 28 days later ... ??!!

Then I'm also hearing them ask, can the 2nd dose be like a different brand of vaccine? First Pfizer then 2nd dose Moderna .... ??!!

Not really enhancing public confidence. Really sure you want to tinker with dosage, days in between, and mixing vaccines?
<citation needed>
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:15 PM   #8238
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Unpopular opinion: I've had "Cold Tea" a few times in the past, mostly when I was a really young (Ah good ole' HKYK days)... lol does no one else find drinking flat Molson beer from a porcelain pot kind of disgusting? How desperate do you have to be to be pounding that for the sake of getting (more) wasted?
How desperate? the answer is really desperate! ill drink anything to keep the good times rolling (back in the day)
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #8239
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Good ol hkyk with the illegal gambling too, what happened to that place anyway? Did the owners just move?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:41 PM   #8240
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,841 Times in 8,203 Posts

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:43 PM   #8241
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,396 Times in 5,670 Posts
Frankly I think the vaccine rollout and the fact that all these politicians getting caught trawling around for holidays just goes to show you that the severity of covid isn’t what they tell you in the news. Politicians and people in power know it but they would never say peep in the media.

They are concerned in that hospitals are getting to capacity. However they are not concerned whatsoever with the younger healthy population getting over this as soon as possible. People can deal with the inconvenience of covid and even getting sick from it in the meantime while govts. are seemingly going about their roll out as cavalier as possible.

There were all these articles last week about how Canada is in such a privileged position to have multiple contracts with vaccine suppliers. However fast forward a couple weeks and our rollout is at a slugs pace and countries with comparable access to the vaccine are doing head and shoulders better than us? Doesn’t make sense.

My buddy who works for the Kiewit/Ledcor partnership doing the trans mountain pipeline and Burnaby tank farm renovations are now doing on-site covid testing for their job sites. Yet we still don’t have on site testing at care homes?

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. And there’s no will to save people in long term care, period.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:56 PM   #8242
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,028 Times in 1,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
<citation needed>
Cutting dose in half
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...half-speed-up/

BC 35 days for 2nd dose
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/second-dose-of...shot-1.5248841

Warning against mixing vaccines ( if a warning has to be issued, it means somebody is thinking about it)
https://globalnews.ca/news/7551425/c...accine-mixing/
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 07:08 PM   #8243
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
the lack of manpower excuse is bullshit

how hard is it to adminster a shot? why doesnt the govt hire hire extended health workers physio dentist optometrist etc. who have reduced work right now with a 3 day crash course, they already have the basic knowledge to understand contraindications and have first aid training, plenty of manpower and space to do it so even with a drop compared to what they're dumping into social resources can allow herd immunity to be achieved in months instead of a year

everyday wasted is how many lives and dollars lost?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 08:51 PM   #8244

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
the lack of manpower excuse is bullshit

how hard is it to adminster a shot? why doesnt the govt hire hire extended health workers physio dentist optometrist etc. who have reduced work right now with a 3 day crash course, they already have the basic knowledge to understand contraindications and have first aid training, plenty of manpower and space to do it so even with a drop compared to what they're dumping into social resources can allow herd immunity to be achieved in months instead of a year

everyday wasted is how many lives and dollars lost?
not to mention a bunch of infrastructure is in place already.

my wife went for a covid test last week. walked right up to a nurse, sitting there bored because the entire testing center was deserted. there were zero patients there. she could have had the shot right then! i know it's a bit more complicated than that, but c'mon. resources are not distributed correctly. we shouldn't have another grad class that can't graduate this june because we're slacking.

if my grandma gets her shots now, I'd be sitting in her living room within a month. what are we waiting for?

Last edited by The Producer; 01-05-2021 at 08:58 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 10:36 PM   #8245
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,301 Times in 1,645 Posts
I got my first dose today (Pfizer) with second dose scheduled for 21 days later or beyond. Zero negative effects so far. My only reaction was the usual sleepiness that I also get after yearly flu shot. At most, I expect my arm to be sore tmrw morning but we'll see. Overall, probably the best birthday gift I could receive this year!
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2021, 10:44 PM   #8246
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts

We are slowly moving towards this plan. I'm all for it. What do you guys think?
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:49 PM   #8247
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,484 Posts
Anyone else think it’s a really bad move to do the double dose vaccine vs single? Sure,
More people get the initial dose, but I bet 20% miss that second dose in the proper time period. Does work in my brain.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:38 PM   #8248
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,537 Times in 5,145 Posts
Lol that reporter above is so wildly right wing it's almost entertaining to watch! Almost.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:20 AM   #8249
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,841 Times in 8,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I got my first dose today (Pfizer) with second dose scheduled for 21 days later or beyond. Zero negative effects so far. My only reaction was the usual sleepiness that I also get after yearly flu shot. At most, I expect my arm to be sore tmrw morning but we'll see. Overall, probably the best birthday gift I could receive this year!
How many CC is the shot? Do you know if it's water based or oil?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:48 AM   #8250
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,396 Times in 5,670 Posts
Victoria councilor not stepping down after travelling to fucking AFRICA:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/01...utside-canada/

And this morning Global is running a story essentially saying the Govt. is burying the care home statistics after the little mountain death toll of 35+ is revealed by digging through other documents etc. They then played a clip of Bonnie Henry talking about it and shes stuttering and back tracking all over the place which is completely out of character for her.. great..