REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:53 PM   #8026
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
if your job is not important/you dont care about your coworkers increased load lol
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:02 AM   #8027
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
I work in a unionized company too and there are some people who call in sick literally 60 times, maybe even more per year and are still employed lol
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:11 AM   #8028
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Well, no covid for me

Kinda weird had crazy body aches and even a fever after I went and got tested of 37.9. Just chilled for the day and took in a bunch of vitamins and fluids and now I’m fine no fever just some sinus pressure
Did you get the gargle or swab test?

For anyone else who had completed the COVID testing, is the gargle testing pretty much available at every site?

What's the requirement again, no eating and drinking 2 hours prior to testing?
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:56 AM   #8029
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Went to the burnaby central park location as it seemed like one of the few that you can book online. All the Vancouver ones and the one I was originally referred to, the commercial drive location, used a voice mail system of which I still have not received a call back from to book an appointment 2 days later.

I wasn't given a choice there, was only the back of the throat swab for 10 seconds. Really wasn't that bad imo. it's uncomfortable for sure but its not the end of the world like some people make it out to be in videos etc.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:09 AM   #8030
Need to Seek Professional Help

the tickle wasnt that bad
Old 12-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #8031
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,513 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-vip View Post
the tickle wasnt that bad
that's what she said...............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 09:40 AM   #8032
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Didn't know there was a throat swab. Ive only gotten the brain (they call it nose) swab, and its uncomfortable as hell.
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #8033
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,416 Times in 5,098 Posts
Yah the nose one isn’t that painful, but somehow it sticks in your mind (no pun intended) for quite awhile after like some kind of violation feeling lol
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #8034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
Didn't know there was a throat swab. Ive only gotten the brain (they call it nose) swab, and its uncomfortable as hell.
Sorry mine was also the brain/nose swap, I said that because it felt like it was touching the back of my sinuses/throat lol

Last night it felt like I had crazy pressure on that side where they poked and that side only, I used a netti pot during the day to flush my sinuses but they were clear. While laying in bed though fuck it felt like that side of my head was in a vice and getting worse so I got up and reluctantly took a Tylenol and Advil, I hate taking that shit but it helped a lot and today I’m back to 100%
Old 12-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #8035
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
I have a friend hosting a Christmas dinner party for everyone who is social distancing from their parents, and he says it's fine because his neighbours will be hosting ppl too, so no one will report him, smh.

He was someone who was keeping safe throughout the year too

Guess we should see more spikes in January
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #8036
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post

Guess we should see more spikes in January
Oh fuck yeah. I’ve been watching what people have been buying this last week.... every single house is doing a party. January is going to be FUCKED.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #8037
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I don't want to tattle... plus I really need the business but I've been getting large orders for take-out these days. Definitely enough to feed 10+ people easily.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #8038
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Neighbour (renters) across the street is having a party. Tempted to call it in as retaliation for peeing on my work van the other night. Got it on video too but won't post it as it'd identify my employer.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:52 PM   #8039
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Not getting why spending 1 Christmas in a quiet restricted small way is such a big frickin deal ??!!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 04:56 PM   #8040
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I don't want to tattle... plus I really need the business but I've been getting large orders for take-out these days. Definitely enough to feed 10+ people easily.
Maybe they're like my cousin and I, we just eat a tonne of sushi (300$ orders for just us two)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #8041
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Neighbour (renters) across the street is having a party. Tempted to call it in as retaliation for peeing on my work van the other night. Got it on video too but won't post it as it'd identify my employer.
I wouldn’t hesitate to call it in if I had video of them peeing on my vehicle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #8042

Thanked 31,157 Times in 7,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
The Christmas brunch packages we put together paint a different picture happily. Tons of people purchased multiple packages to deliver to friends and family (we can tell obviously by different addresses getting packages for 2.)
Things don't look great on the whole from the way I have seen people in public, but at least not everyone is piece of shit.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 05:36 PM   #8043

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Not getting why spending 1 Christmas in a quiet restricted small way is such a big frickin deal ??!!
Probably because it’s not that it’s 1 night, it’s the previous 9 months?

I know I’ve been feeling it. I’ve been folllwing the rules and staying home, doing my part. But at some point I’m like fuck man, I want to see my friends, want to have some drinks etc. And I’m no social butterfly with endless groups of ppl etc. I have like 4-5 good friends that I’ve seen very little over the last few months and it fucking sucks.

Couple that with the feeling that the end is in sight with a vaccine on the horizon and you’ve got a recipe for an upward trend..
Old 12-24-2020, 05:52 PM   #8044

Thanked 31,157 Times in 7,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Probably because it’s not that it’s 1 night, it’s the previous 9 months?

I know I’ve been feeling it. I’ve been folllwing the rules and staying home, doing my part. But at some point I’m like fuck man, I want to see my friends, want to have some drinks etc. And I’m no social butterfly with endless groups of ppl etc. I have like 4-5 good friends that I’ve seen very little over the last few months and it fucking sucks.
I get it, and I'm with you on how shitty it is. It's fucking harsh, and honestly, a life without social contact is pointless when it's the personality you have. The thing is, it's been 3(ish) weeks. We could see our 4-5 good friends all summer. It had stipulations, but it hasn't been this full on shut off the whole time.
I hate it man. All I do is work and go home. It's a garbage life right now. But if people would commit to it, we'd be back to the being able to see people with caveats, as opposed to not being able to see anyone at all. This summer wasn't ideal, but it's nothing compared to how shit it is now, and it could go back to not complete shit.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #8045
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
The annoying part is that if everyone followed the rules we'd probably be able to have a fairly normal Christmas this year. Now we have the people who follow the rules having a shitty Christmas without family so the people who don't follow the rules can have a business as usual Christmas with family.

It's for the greater good but it's fucking frustrating picking up the slack for other people.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 06:31 PM   #8046
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,725 Times in 893 Posts
Clearly the let's be good honor system doesn't work. And this half assed everything is essential system will fail. Just brace your cheeks on the aftermath of politicians putting votes ahead of saving lives. Everyone gets a nice Christmas before shutdown.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 07:00 PM   #8047

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
The annoying part is that if everyone followed the rules we'd probably be able to have a fairly normal Christmas this year. Now we have the people who follow the rules having a shitty Christmas without family so the people who don't follow the rules can have a business as usual Christmas with family.

It's for the greater good but it's fucking frustrating picking up the slack for other people.
That isn’t really true, the examples are everywhere.

Places that have very low cases like aus, Korea, etc. All completely shut down and lock down again once there is a slight increase or cases at all.

To say if everyone had followed the rules in sept or October we would be having a normal Xmas now is hard to believe imo.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:02 PM   #8048
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Re: Sick hours/Sick Calls

The use-it-or-lose-it system is idiotic. For our union, you can accrue hours until a certain maximum. After that, you get nothing so logically speaking it makes more sense to use a day or two and keep hitting the max. When you retire, if you have the maximum, there's a lump sum pay out. Prior to that? Absolutely nothing. So if you're a lazy shit in your 20's and 30's with no shame, you'll just keep calling in sick because YOLO. The only major draw back is if/when you are legitimately sick long term and have nothing in the bank.

I should note that there is a system in place that tracks your sick days in order to try and punish those abusing this benefit. However, anyone in a management role is not monitored by this system. Yet another loophole that can be abused by shitty managers. Personally, I've got 500+ hours in the bank. There are literally people with less than 10 hours out there.

I've heard of other professions where you are rewarded (on an individual basis) for not calling in sick. I think it was firefighters that was the example given to me. This one makes the most sense imo.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:18 PM   #8049

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
The danger with a system that rewards you for not calling in sick is people go to work sick and get others sick too.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2020, 11:00 PM   #8050

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
Re: Sick hours/Sick Calls

The use-it-or-lose-it system is idiotic. For our union, you can accrue hours until a certain maximum. After that, you get nothing so logically speaking it makes more sense to use a day or two and keep hitting the max. When you retire, if you have the maximum, there's a lump sum pay out. Prior to that? Absolutely nothing. So if you're a lazy shit in your 20's and 30's with no shame, you'll just keep calling in sick because YOLO. The only major draw back is if/when you are legitimately sick long term and have nothing in the bank.

I should note that there is a system in place that tracks your sick days in order to try and punish those abusing this benefit. However, anyone in a management role is not monitored by this system. Yet another loophole that can be abused by shitty managers. Personally, I've got 500+ hours in the bank. There are literally people with less than 10 hours out there.

I've heard of other professions where you are rewarded (on an individual basis) for not calling in sick. I think it was firefighters that was the example given to me. This one makes the most sense imo.
You probably have a similar contract to us (HEU FBA) working in health care and some people are just so egregious with it, it really pisses me off, honestly. I would say most people don't abuse it but there are definitely a handful that give everyone a bad name.

I'm at 663 hours in my sick bank after 5.5 years @ 135 hours/year (742.5 hours), which works out to about 11 sick days used over that time frame (average of 2/year). And that's with having significant health issues (Crohn's Disease amongst others).
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote