REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:06 AM   #8276
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Bring on the panic shopping!! Hope you guys stocked up on toilet paper!
Went by the Production Costco last night after dinner, no line up and lots of tp in stock.
They had almost 2 pallets of the kirkland brand and quite a few pallets of another brand of tp.

I guess everyone is all stocked up.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:39 AM   #8277
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,407 Times in 5,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Run the bathroom tap with hot water so you're not kissed with the glacial tears of winter.
yea thats kinda my problem dont want to drill into my vanity to tie into the hot line
Old 01-07-2021, 06:45 AM   #8278
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,748 Times in 906 Posts
So it was 625 cases yesterday as all the talk yesterday was about the murica, looks like it's trending back up as expected
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:23 AM   #8279
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,470 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
yea thats kinda my problem dont want to drill into my vanity to tie into the hot line
if you get a powered bidet then you don't need to connect a hot water line. they have a built in water heater.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 07:39 AM   #8280

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
if you get a powered bidet then you don't need to connect a hot water line. they have a built in water heater.
Yea, however it would be easier for me to tie in a hot water line then it would be to power the bidet lol

First world probs? Lol
Old 01-07-2021, 08:19 AM   #8281
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
So it was 625 cases yesterday as all the talk yesterday was about the murica, looks like it's trending back up as expected
Didn't someone mention the numbers technically weren't down. They just did less testing during the holidays.
But the positive rate was the same or higher.

It will be interesting to see the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #8282
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
positivity rate was 1-2% weeks before gathering ban

over the holidays even with less testing it was around 9%
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 09:18 AM   #8283
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea, however it would be easier for me to tie in a hot water line then it would be to power the bidet lol

First world probs? Lol
imo if you want a bidet then it's worth the effort to get a powered one.. even if you have hot water on a basic bidet it isn't immediately warm. it's still way better than smearing your shit all over with TP tho
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 10:19 AM   #8284
I STILL don't get it

If your brown starfish has poop on it, would the jets spray the poopy water all over the bowl/butt?
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:44 AM   #8285
SFICC-03*

i mean if you think of how your butt basically covers the entire seat, then no.
when the water hits, it doesn't really splash and ricochet all over the place like you're pressure washing wooden fucking fence, it just drips off and you pat yourself dry after.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #8286
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,229 Posts
"Corona is ruining the economy we can't afford another lockdown"

RS - "I think it's time I buy toilet that can wash my ass, probably the upgraded model so the water isn't too cold"
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 11:03 AM   #8287

^ but we never had a real lock down, that's why we're at where we are now
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #8288
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i mean if you think of how your butt basically covers the entire seat, then no.
when the water hits, it doesn't really splash and ricochet all over the place like you're pressure washing wooden fucking fence, it just drips off and you pat yourself dry after.
That’s been my visualization of it all this time. So the nozzle stays clean and doesn’t get contaminated from splashes due to low water pressure?

What about the flushing of the bowl? The dirty water doesn’t reach the bidet nozzle?
Spectre_Cdn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #8289

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^ but we never had a real lock down, that's why we're at where we are now
You mean better off than virtually everywhere else that had one?

Old 01-07-2021, 11:41 AM   #8290

I just did a quick search bc population is around 5.1m, Ontario is 14.74, Quebec is 8.57. if we compare the bc to Ontario population so around 700 cases a day x 2.89 times the pop we're at just over 2000 cases a day which is only a third behind Ontario's actual 3200+ cases a day based on population. So I won't say we're doing good. It looks fairly proportional just that we have way less ppl so the numbers are lower.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 12:41 PM   #8291
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,202 Times in 7,174 Posts
Ontario = 26718 active cases
BC = 6343 active cases
23% of active cases
34% of the total population by comparison
We don't have a lock down. They do have a lock down and have had much more intense measures put in place for much longer. That's not a proportionally even problem.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2021, 12:53 PM   #8292
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,641 Times in 1,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
the vaccine will absolutely solve our immediate problem. Everybody should have an opportunity to have it by the fall in canada. That is relatively soon.

if we can protect those who are vulnerable (the overwhelming majority of whom make up the toll on our health services) then it won't matter. As is often repeated in this thread, all we are doing is protecting our healthcare system. This has nothing to do and never will have to do with eradicating this disease (in the short term)

Who cares if you get it, if you can't kill your grandma anymore because she's immune, take a week off work and let society get back to 95%

We'll just live with it, and I will happily take my chances out there.

Did you just say that you're holding off on the vaccine because of a maybe sore arm?
I'm not against the vaccine whatsoever, nor have I said I wouldn't get it. I think you're confusing my statement between our rollout here in Canada versus the States. In Canada, our rollout has been quite efficient, we'll have a majority of people vaccinated by 2022 in Canada, no doubt.

My comment is regarding the US, in relation to opening borders, or any semblance of normal between Canada and the US, based on how slow they've been rolling out their vaccines.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:03 PM   #8293

I'm hearing snippets on the news about the effectiveness of the vaccine. So they now say that it doesn't prevent you from getting it, it just lowers the symptoms. So the concern is you might be positive and still infect others since you don't know that you are infected with no symptoms. Also there's like 15 African mutations. And they are way more infectious.

Old 01-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #8294

That’s what the vaccine was said to do from the second it was released.. it also is unknown whether it actually prevents transmission or not, but lowering the severity of symptoms is the goal
Old 01-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #8295
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,853 Times in 8,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Coles notes on the frontrunner being tested in Washington (Moderna, backed by Bill Gates) which you can read about here.

They insert RNA of the viral spike protein, the hope being that the body responds to this as a threat, and makes antibodies

No way to test the actual effectiveness of this though, other than getting infected by Covid19

So the goal of this is to give your immune system a boost to fight the virus - not to prevent it from infecting you in the first place.

In other words, even if this vaccine "works" and everyone gets it, people will continue to get Covid-19, and people who are susceptible to it will still be susceptible to it while their body fights it. We've seen it make people very sick, very fast, and all the extra antibodies their body can muster up won't help. Again that assumes that the body responds in this way. It's possible that the RNA will be seen as benign, and ignored completely. That's what they're testing to see now.
From April last year

None of this is news anymore; we know what the vaccines can and can't do. What we don't know for sure is what effect they'll have when the majority of the population gets it. We know what the hope is though! Can't wait to find out!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:10 PM   #8296
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,701 Posts
Dr. Bonnie's Covid update for today:

761 new cases
8 deaths

Her update about the UK variant:

Two additional reported cases of the UK Covid variant in B.C.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-07-2021 at 02:16 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:31 PM   #8297
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
That’s been my visualization of it all this time. So the nozzle stays clean and doesn’t get contaminated from splashes due to low water pressure?

What about the flushing of the bowl? The dirty water doesn’t reach the bidet nozzle?
it does a little bit, but the nozzle hides away when not in use, and theres also a self cleaning function. you should regularly clean it whenever you clean your toilet anyway.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:33 PM   #8298
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Current Situation

British Columbians are being asked to take action to slow the spread of COVID-19. New orders put in place on November 19, 2020 are in effect until February 5, 2021. This includes:

Masks are required in many indoor public spaces including stores, community spaces and restaurants except while are eating or drinking by both staff and customers. Masks are also strongly recommended in common areas of workplaces and apartment buildings like elevators, hallways and washrooms.

Only socialize with people you live with. If you live alone, you may spend time in person with one or two other people who live in a different household. Learn more about social interactions.

All gatherings and events should be postponed for now. Funerals, weddings and similar events can continue with a maximum of 10 people including the officiant.

All in-person religious gatherings and worship services are suspended.

Limit travel to only when needed and avoid travel for social or recreational activities. Do not visit B.C. for a vacation right now.
All adult indoor and outdoor sports have been suspended. All youth indoor and outdoor and indoor sport must follow viaSport's Return to Sport Phase 2 guidance with respect to maintaining physical distance for participants. Learn more about the current restrictions and sports.

Gyms and recreation facilities that offer individual workouts and personal training sessions can remain open but there are restrictions in place for indoor group physical activities.

Most businesses and essential services are open with COVID-19 safety plans in effect.

Workplaces should review their safety plans and have active daily screening for employees who are on site.

In class learning continues for K-12 students. Surgeries and other essential medical services are continuing.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:40 PM   #8299

Public health orders remain in effect unless you’re a politician or the dean of public health..
Old 01-07-2021, 02:45 PM   #8300
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,718 Times in 1,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Dr. Bonnie's Covid update for today:

761 new cases
8 deaths

Her update about the UK variant:

Two additional reported cases of the UK Covid variant in B.C.
Missed most important part:

The UK variant on the island has spread to two household contacts of the original traveller who returned from the UK. They are all in isolation. There are no other confirmed cases of this variant in BC so far.
The Producer is online now   Reply With Quote