REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:39 AM   #10376
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
How many other locations did you check? Some people I know who are in high neighbourhoods got booked for this week (this was a few hours ago). Cause May 20 is damn far away...
I just booked an appointment for VCC later on today.

But yes, a lot of other sites were May 20 like all of Richmond. I think UBC also had some earlier bookings...
Advertisement

My Feedback

Blah™

Last edited by Hakkaboy; 05-10-2021 at 06:49 AM.
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:16 AM   #10377
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,821 Times in 2,505 Posts
finally got my text
Spoiler!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:18 AM   #10378
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Solution: just never leave Richmond and you'll be safe!
There are other hazards .. bad drivers and now, drive by shootings!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 07:35 AM   #10379
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakkaboy View Post
I just booked an appointment for VCC later on today.

But yes, a lot of other sites were May 20 like all of Richmond. I think UBC also had some earlier bookings...
I just got my email this morning, went to book, Kwantlen in Richmond had a May 16 time but by the time I even clicked confirm it was gone... May 20 was the next earliest I could get too.

Bit farther away than I'd like, but a lot better than the August/September expectation that was set back in the winter!!!
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:53 AM   #10380
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I just got my email this morning, went to book, Kwantlen in Richmond had a May 16 time but by the time I even clicked confirm it was gone... May 20 was the next earliest I could get too.

Bit farther away than I'd like, but a lot better than the August/September expectation that was set back in the winter!!!
Also got May 20th when I booked this morning at Kwantlen. Nothing was available before that anymore.
stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:23 AM   #10381

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post

I live in Richmond too, but wanted it asap so that's why I booked it for VCC

Note that these vaccines look like they are only kind of effective after 14 days of receiving your first dose, so stay safe!

My Feedback

Blah™
Old 05-10-2021, 12:23 PM   #10382
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
I live in Richmond too, but wanted it asap so that's why I booked it for VCC

Note that these vaccines look like they are only kind of effective after 14 days of receiving your first dose, so stay safe!
Even after 14 days, consider yourself partially vaccinated because there is a 2nd dose you still need. Current wait time is still 4 months, but I heard bonnie Henry say that 4 months wait might decrease after everyone gets dose #1.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:29 PM   #10383
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,351 Times in 5,654 Posts
Got mine today pretty pumped! Moderna at the convention Center

It’s a sizeable operation, just getting tones of people through. Well organized no confusion, everyone working there was great.

Now to wait those 20 days and start wil’n baby. Timed well with potential indoor dining reopening..
Old 05-10-2021, 12:39 PM   #10384
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowball View Post
How many other locations did you check? Some people I know who are in high neighbourhoods got booked for this week (this was a few hours ago). Cause May 20 is damn far away...

when i was booking, VCC wasn't even an option on the list as well as other sites. i guess they started opening up after i booked on the website
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:22 PM   #10385
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Almost 24 hours since I got the shot at Vancouver Community College yesterday. Arm is a little tender around the injection site and I was really tired yesterday during the evening but that's about it.

Got to VCC around 3:30pm and the line was around the corner and half a block down Glen Dr. Line wasn't too bad as I got to the entrance after about 15-20 minutes or so. The people working there were all pleasant and professional.

There was a guy half way up the line that just asked to see the booking email and then a piece of ID. When I got to the actual tent, there was a station where they replace your current mask with one that they provide and have you santize your hands. The next area was a guy giving me a clip board with my COVID card and asking me to fill in the information that they require. Last station is the injection station where someone goes over the side effects and asks if you have any allergies. I asked if she needed to scan my QR code or verify my ID and she said it wasn't required. After the injection, you go to an area where you sit around for 15-20 minutes just to make sure you don't have any immediate adverse effects. It took around 50-55 minutes from when I first lined up to when I left the area.

I thought it was really weird that at no point during that entire time did anyone verify my information to see if I was actually supposed to be there legitimately.

[edit] There was a woman that was having adverse effects from the shot. She was sitting a few seats over from me during the 15 minute detention but I couldn't exactly hear everything. I think it was just a case of getting the shot and/or seeing the needle. They had a nurse check in on her and sit with her for awhile to make sure everything was ok so that was nice to see. This is more of an FYI for those of you scared of needles. It honestly felt like a pinch on my arm.

Last edited by Ch28; 05-10-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:25 PM   #10386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Almost 24 hours since I got the shot at Vancouver Community College yesterday. Arm is a little tender around the injection site and I was really tired yesterday during the evening but that's about it.

Got to VCC around 3:30pm and the line was around the corner and half a block down Glen Dr. Line wasn't too bad as I got to the entrance after about 15-20 minutes or so. The people working there were all pleasant and professional.

There was a guy half way up the line that just asked to see the booking email and then a piece of ID. When I got to the actual tent, there was a station where they replace your current mask with one that they provide and have you santize your hands. The next area was a guy giving me a clip board with my COVID card and asking me to fill in the information that they require. Last station is the injection station where someone goes over the side effects and asks if you have any allergies. I asked if she needed to scan my QR code or verify my ID and she said it wasn't required. After the injection, you go to an area where you sit around for 15-20 minutes just to make sure you don't have any immediate adverse effects. It took around 50-55 minutes from when I first lined up to when I left the area.

I thought it was really weird that at no point during that entire time did anyone verify my information to see if I was actually supposed to be there legitimately.
Did you have to throw away your mask? I was planning on wearing my N95 there...

My Feedback

Blah™
Old 05-10-2021, 01:34 PM   #10387
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
They just told me to put mine in my pocket, and gave me a fresh one.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #10388
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Did you have to throw away your mask? I was planning on wearing my N95 there...
People that had disposable masks just threw theirs away while everyone with reusable ones put them in their pockets.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #10389
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
They did something similar in coquitlam, they got everyone wearing reusable fabric masks to wear a blue surgical one, and anyone already wearing ur basic surgical one they ignored
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:52 PM   #10390
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
at ICC they just told anyone that had a reuseable one to put on the one they gave them overtop or put ther reusable one away. if you had the basic surgical one, they will tell you to remove/dispose and they will give one to you.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #10391
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
They did something similar in coquitlam, they got everyone wearing reusable fabric masks to wear a blue surgical one, and anyone already wearing ur basic surgical one they ignored
That's because fabric masks do literally nothing. They're the equivalent of putting a t-shirt over your nose and thinking it's going to filter a biological agent. The disposable surgical masks at least have a standard but are also just stopping (comparatively) huge droplets from spraying if you cough or sneeze. If you walk in to a hospital or medical clinic they'll make you remove a fabric mask and put on a surgical as well. They have levels to them but I can't remember what the standards are it's been a while since my OFA3 and mil medical training. I believe 3 is the highest? Probably what they're handing out.

Last edited by JDął; 05-10-2021 at 02:15 PM.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 02:12 PM   #10392
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Got mine today pretty pumped! Moderna at the convention Center

Now to wait those 20 days and start wil’n baby. Timed well with potential indoor dining reopening..
Bro I got a jar of O’Keefe’s for you, those cuticles need attention if you’re going to keep typing sweet nothings to all of us for years to come
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:18 PM   #10393
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,351 Times in 5,654 Posts

Some of us gotta stay hard around here!
Old 05-10-2021, 02:34 PM   #10394
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
That's because fabric masks do literally nothing. They're the equivalent of putting a t-shirt over your nose and thinking it's going to filter a biological agent. The disposable surgical masks at least have a standard but are also just stopping (comparatively) huge droplets from spraying if you cough or sneeze. If you walk in to a hospital or medical clinic they'll make you remove a fabric mask and put on a surgical as well. They have levels to them but I can't remember what the standards are it's been a while since my OFA3 and mil medical training. I believe 3 is the highest? Probably what they're handing out.
That is why I have been wearing a three layer surgical mask and then a cloth/fabric mask over top. Might not be perfect, but it at least offers quite a few layers of protection.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #10395
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
Even after 14 days, consider yourself partially vaccinated because there is a 2nd dose you still need. Current wait time is still 4 months, but I heard bonnie Henry say that 4 months wait might decrease after everyone gets dose #1.
Supposedly we (Canada) will be receiving large shipments of Pfizer vaccines in both May and June, so I'd personally expect the wait for that 2nd dose to be much shorter than 4 months.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:31 PM   #10396
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
They were handing out ASTM Level 3 masks at VCC when i got my shot yesterday
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #10397
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,533 Times in 1,520 Posts
I'm 23 or 24 (don't remember), live in a high transmission area and got a text saying that I can book for my first dose.

Went to the site to book my appointment and it told me that my PHN is not valid LOL. I typically have this issue with my Chinese name as my legal name.

Ie. If my name was Ching Chong Bill, Lee on all my documents, they record it as Ching Lee.

Anyway, after trying the various combinations of my name, I got locked out lol. Called in and I'm now booked for next Thursday. Curious to know which vaccine I'm getting.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:37 PM   #10398
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Medical grade masks have been required in HA facilities for many months now. CVC's are no exception.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #10399
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I'm 23 or 24 (don't remember), live in a high transmission area and got a text saying that I can book for my first dose.

Went to the site to book my appointment and it told me that my PHN is not valid LOL. I typically have this issue with my Chinese name as my legal name.

Ie. If my name was Ching Chong Bill, Lee on all my documents, they record it as Ching Lee.

Anyway, after trying the various combinations of my name, I got locked out lol. Called in and I'm now booked for next Thursday. Curious to know which vaccine I'm getting.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
If you're booked, you're going to get either Pfizer or Moderna

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2021, 05:30 PM   #10400
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Is it hard to find free parking at the vcc site?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote