REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-28-2021, 10:51 AM   #10126
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,166 Times in 1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-in-canada-to/

Spoiler!

no wonder ontario has crazy high numbers, household is positive, keeps going to work. Daughter can't breath, won't take her to the hospital.
Wow, what a tragic story. As an observer, it’s easy to determine the right course of action. But put yourself in his shoes, and the choices are much more difficult.
Advertisement
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:59 AM   #10127
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
This is fucking ridiculous I have to be asking these questions in a car forum and not reading an official resource from our health authority.
PHO and our government is like that person you keep getting mixed signals from.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:10 AM   #10128
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Is the ability to line up for the vaccine if you're 30+ just for hotspot areas or across all of BC?

This is fucking ridiculous I have to be asking these questions in a car forum and not reading an official resource from our health authority.
Its only for immunization centers that have extra doses lying around that need to be used before they expire which is the rumour on the "street". They said fraser health website gets updated with the info but from what i can tell it gets updated too late where the general public is too late to make it there in time. People today waited outside the center before it opened hoping they would accept walkins for a select # of people and were rewarded. When i was waiting in line yesterdat i saw a few people i kinda knew who werent even living in the hotspot areas that was required to get the shot. And i saw people who were easily in there early 20s there aswell. Im not sure if they were turned away or not.

Its kinda an every man for himself, first come first serve situation going on right now, but i guess thats better than just throwing vaccines away.
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 11:45 AM   #10129

Thanked 1,271 Times in 525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Nah man, keep posting.

I'm spamming my socials with the info to get the word out.

You're doing good work.
Alright, I'll keep posting, but please be mindful of the audience you reach. I really don't want to create mass crowds.

For those looking for 30+ locations, please don't purposely go into the hotspots to get vaccinated. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to control the problem areas when you do not even frequently travel within the hotspots.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 12:12 PM   #10130
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,551 Times in 1,306 Posts
Are they not checking residency to see if the 30+ people live in high-transmission areas? If not, why the fuck not?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 12:15 PM   #10131
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,188 Times in 2,004 Posts
^ prob not, just for the sake of efficiency, jab the arm ... next please. It doesn't matter ... as long as a vaccine ends up in an arm.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:16 PM   #10132
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:24 PM   #10133
linguistic ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ prob not, just for the sake of efficiency, jab the arm ... next please. It doesn't matter ... as long as a vaccine ends up in an arm.
if that's the case are they even checking if the shots being given are first or 2nd shots even?

What. a. fucking. shitshow.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 12:26 PM   #10134
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,660 Times in 5,805 Posts
The news yesterday said they are not checking.

Love ittttt love itttttt
Old 04-28-2021, 12:27 PM   #10135

Sorry double post

Im pretty sure they are checking but are the enforcing? I overheard the workers there trying to overide the system cause someone wanted a shot but wasnt eligible because of location. They felt bad for the guy cause he waited 4 hrs. I heard the one nurse say theres a way to do it. But did they? Im not sure but its pretty obvious entering the wrong postal code would of done the trick

Last edited by RiceIntegraRS; 04-28-2021 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Double post
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 12:29 PM   #10136

While the “essentials” be working snd can’t just randomly up and go wait in line for 3 hours. Fantastic
Old 04-28-2021, 12:31 PM   #10137
linguistic ninja

Well good to know all the people going to get these vaccines are ones that have nothing better to do than wait all day in lines.

They'd be better suited to be given to customer facing people. Just give the malls or big box stores a call and tell them to send any willing employees at this certain date and time and give them the shots.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 12:46 PM   #10138
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,739 Posts
-looks like that penthouse night club guy Mo is going to jail after all. Just one day of jail though

Mo pleaded guilty.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/04...ealth-charges/

VANCOUVER — A Vancouver man arrested on allegations he was running a makeshift nightclub inside his penthouse has pleaded guilty to three charges, including failing to follow orders of a health officer.

Mohammad Movassaghi was sentenced today to one day in jail, a $5,000 fine and 18 months of probation after previously pleading guilty.

Judge Ellen Gordon noted his one-day jail sentence has already been served, but he'll also have to complete 50 hours of community service work.

Movassaghi pleaded guilty to two counts of failing to comply with an order of a health officer dating back to January and one count of disobeying a court order from a charge in March.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #10139

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Well good to know all the people going to get these vaccines are ones that have nothing better to do than wait all day in lines.

They'd be better suited to be given to customer facing people. Just give the malls or big box stores a call and tell them to send any willing employees at this certain date and time and give them the shots.
Like i said b4, the vaccines expire. Even though not comfirmed, they are trying to use them all up before they do. Imagine how long it would take them to announce people who are in need of the vaccine "customer service people" ect. How long it would take to book them and for them to all show up. Then make sure everyone is who they say they are. No one would ever receive those vaccines. Im not saying this is at all an efficient way to do anything but ive said this many times, this is BC nothing is ever easy or efficient. Its just the way it is right now. A clusterfuck.

Theses are the cards that are dealt to us and all we can do is play ball and bend the rules alil bit. If anyone is really wanting a vaccine, id say go and get it. Pretend your buying the new fucking iPhone, goto immunization center before it opens and hopefully ull be lucky enough to get a jab in the arm and be on your merry way. Being a boy scout and following the rules doesnt get you anything here. All you get is a one way ticket to the back of the line.

Last edited by RiceIntegraRS; 04-28-2021 at 01:14 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 01:22 PM   #10140
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,460 Times in 2,598 Posts
Doesn't 18 months on probation means he gets to avoid jail?
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #10141
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
So without any sort of checking system you can go back and get 10 jabs in a week and turn into the Hulk?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:25 PM   #10142
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Doesn't 18 months on probation means he gets to avoid jail?
Well, he got 1 day in jail, prolly time served on the day he was arrested.
So yeah, basically 18 months of probation, so in other words nothing has changed and life goes on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:33 PM   #10143
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
I agree. My son was born last may. Almost all my family and most my friends haven’t even seen him. His 1st birthday is this Saturday, and guess what, SAME SHIT. He’s going to be the only child I have and no one even got a chance to see him as a baby. Fucked up.
My sister-in-law just gave birth in 2019 and they have been carefully isolating for most of the pandemic. Rare visits even from family members except to drop off food or supplies.
Now the baby cries like crazy every time any other adult gets close besides mom and dad. He has been accustomed to thinking they are the only safe people in the world, even the grandparents can't hold him for more than 5 seconds ... it's really sad to see.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 01:35 PM   #10144
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,841 Times in 3,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
While the “essentials” be working snd can’t just randomly up and go wait in line for 3 hours. Fantastic
That’s my issue. My workplace HAS A pharmacy. I asked last night and they refused because as far as the CDC has told them, AZ is still just 40+
Old 04-28-2021, 01:53 PM   #10145

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Like i said b4, the vaccines expire. Even though not comfirmed, they are trying to use them all up before they do. Imagine how long it would take them to announce people who are in need of the vaccine "customer service people" ect. How long it would take to book them and for them to all show up. Then make sure everyone is who they say they are. No one would ever receive those vaccines. Im not saying this is at all an efficient way to do anything but ive said this many times, this is BC nothing is ever easy or efficient. Its just the way it is right now. A clusterfuck.

Theses are the cards that are dealt to us and all we can do is play ball and bend the rules alil bit. If anyone is really wanting a vaccine, id say go and get it. Pretend your buying the new fucking iPhone, goto immunization center before it opens and hopefully ull be lucky enough to get a jab in the arm and be on your merry way. Being a boy scout and following the rules doesnt get you anything here. All you get is a one way ticket to the back of the line.
Bend the rules a little eh, well fuck might as well just take it all the way and say fuck it go have a house party

My issue isn’t this is happening. My problem is this is another example of this complete shit show, hap-hazard roll out with no rhyme or reason as to why things happen.

Just makes me feel like if the govt. cares this little to roll out an effective protocol, why should I listen to Bonnie any longer and her “little bit longer” preaching? Fuck it
Old 04-28-2021, 02:23 PM   #10146

^just make sure the house party is massive and make sure it looks like an antimasker/vaxxer rally. Cops wont do anything if they see that
Old 04-28-2021, 04:33 PM   #10147
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2021, 04:40 PM   #10148

Quote:
Are they not checking residency to see if the 30+ people live in high-transmission areas? If not, why the fuck not?
Quote:

May be a rhetorical question since you already have the right idea in another of your posts
The one given out in hot spots is better suited to those living in the hotspot. For someone outside of the hot spot to travel far to go into the hot spot puts that person at unnecessary risk.

Unnecessary risk because....... Shoppers I mentioned before. Now doing 30+! 40 doses as of 230pm.

At time of this post, unknown number of doses remaining but less than 5 people in line.

So if people just wait an extra day or week, you will probably be able to get the vaccine locally.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:41 PM   #10149

3 hours paid leave to get the covid19 vaccine

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...time-off#covid
Old 04-28-2021, 08:51 PM   #10150
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,704 Posts
Didn't think it needed to be said but NO it's not a giant chunk of people simply not taking care of themselves that are being admitted to hospital. there has been a very large spike in covid positive cases. ICU staff are working at full capacity with staff so stressed out that they're losing their tempers over normally minor things because they simply do not have time to cater to delays of any sort.

You've all heard by now optional procedures are again being delayed to make room and free up staff for other areas. What you might not know is that covid wards are now also being expanded which includes temporarily segregating non-negative pressure rooms to house covid positive patients. To the best of my knowledge Facilities Maintenance is working on creating more negative pressure rooms but they can only work so fast (as we have established in the past).

I can tell you first hand that the number of staff I'm seeing in ICU is a lot more than normal. I can tell you first hand I have stood in the same room and talked to covid positive patients in emergency and then later see them intubated up in ICU. How many of you are willing to step into a room knowing for a fact that person has covid? Even if you're being paid because it's your job?

The best analogy I can think of is the fire department. Yes, we staff and equip them all year, every year in perpetuity. But we don't sit around and start fires expecting they'll be able to put them all out no problem. We also don't look at all the fires surrounding us and quip "yeah but i'm sure some of those were naturally occurring so whatever". Remember the Australian wildfires? How about the wildfires that have plagued our own province in the recent past?

There is a max we can handle and we are fast approaching it. Please get yourselves and your loved ones vaccinated. Thank you to everyone here who is helping the effort in this thread. It is greatly appreciated! At this point, every little bit helps towards attaining the normalcy we all crave.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote