REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #51
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
I'm surprised that you guys are surprised that TMZ is disrespectful.
Celebrity deaths bring big money. If we click the links, we're part of it. Paparazzi are trash, but they are just giving the people what they demand.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 09:01 AM   #52
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'm surprised that you guys are surprised that TMZ is disrespectful.
Celebrity deaths bring big money. If we click the links, we're part of it. Paparazzi are trash, but they are just giving the people what they demand.
My point is that TMZ could have waited for the official police announcement from LAPD about the helicopter crash before updating their website out of respect for the individuals killed. I am angry at them. -definitely not surprised at this rag's business model.

I guess those leeches do not want to lose millions in revenue by waiting for LAPD to make the official announcement first before they report. SMH

Money means more than the loss of life for some paparazzi.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:02 AM   #53
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
reading a bunch of conspiracy theorys on this now

some pretty interesting shit
?
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:12 AM   #54
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

If TMZ doesnt break it someone else will. They're known for this dirty news so what's the surprise.

Apparently there was fog warning but when your rich you bend the rules and dont say no to them. Also pilot could of been too over confident running this route. I'm just small talking. RIP Kobe.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 10:15 AM   #55

-statement from Sir Charles:

Statement on behalf of Charles Barkley:

“First, I want to express my deepest condolences to the families and friends of all nine people killed in this tragedy. I really want to emphasize that in remembrance of the other seven people involved. For me, this is like losing a family member, to lose Kobe and his daughter, Gianna. Basketball is a close knit fraternity and I’m just sad. Really sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Vanessa and their girls, the Lakers family and every basketball fan around the world.”

Old 01-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #56
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

Very disrespectful. How would the fucking paparazzi at TMZ like it if TMZ reported their deaths first before LAPD make the notification to their next of kin?

Like Shaq, I am in pain now. Kobe is one of my favorite basketball players ever.
TMZ is owned by WarnerMedia the same company that owns CNN.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

a guy at work showed me there was a cartoon from a few years ago that depicted Kobe in a helicopter crash or something?

didn't really look at it or pay much attention, he's a weird dude
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:

Explain? Or sauce?
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #59
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Cartoon was a Comedy central show...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:53 AM   #60
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,907 Posts
Probably sh*t like this:

whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #61
GS8

Thanked 7,278 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
TMZ is owned by WarnerMedia the same company that owns CNN.
Would explain their interchangeable journalism
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 11:53 AM   #62
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:33 PM   #63

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
I feel bad for Kobe and his family, at least we know they will be well compensated and taken care of., definitely RIP to one of the greatest players.

68style, that rape case had a bunch of glaring holes, I do think he was innocent, so that comment of yours was somewhat lame.

I do agree with you though on one point.

Remember when Kobe was caught numerous times cheating on his wife (which by the way I see no problem with, he's a millionaire athlete, you have to be stupid to not think that happens on the regular).

What I find funny though is how many people, mostly women, totally vilified the guy for being a cheater, trashed his wife for staying with him, etc.

Then today and yesterday I'm seeing "I'm crying!!!", "RIP!!!!" , "I can't even focus today!!" by people on my Facebook and IG timelines who I know don't watch basketball, and prior to this could care less about Kobe.

That's what bothers me the most when these celebrity passings occur.

It's the fake sadness and outcry for attention I find nasty on so many levels when this happens.

Why do people have to make it about themselves, it's so narcissistic.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 12:50 PM   #64
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,334 Times in 5,645 Posts
You’re willing to accept he cheated all the time but a rape is out of the question lol..

His case mirrors many of the catholic priests etc who get accused of molestation, you throw money at it until it goes away before trial.

Personally I don’t really care either way, he was probably a peice of shit at times in his personal life not unlike many pro athletes. But like you said yourself, to give him a pass now that he’s dead simply because he’s dead is a bit of a reach
Old 01-27-2020, 12:58 PM   #65

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
^ Mike, I feel the same kind of way. Mind you. I was never a huge basketball fan, nor do I really put any celebrity on a pedestal.

Fact of the matter is, the guy had an amazing life. It was cut short. But I’m sure it was freaking fantastic for those 41 years. His greatness overshadows the others lives on that helicopter. Perhaps lives which never truly were able to experience the same greatness. These ones are just “the other 7.” The 8th, his daughter is also very sad. I’m sure a lot of talent unable to be truly tapped.

All the FB posts are from your the same people who post the same drama over and over again.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
It has been eerily quiet with no CiC chiming in on this thread.

Hey CiC, any conspiracy theories or Illuminati shit you wanna stir up related to the deaths of Kobe, his daughter, and the seven other individuals?
Old 01-27-2020, 04:35 PM   #67
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
You’re willing to accept he cheated all the time but a rape is out of the question lol..

His case mirrors many of the catholic priests etc who get accused of molestation, you throw money at it until it goes away before trial.

Personally I don’t really care either way, he was probably a peice of shit at times in his personal life not unlike many pro athletes. But like you said yourself, to give him a pass now that he’s dead simply because he’s dead is a bit of a reach
Criminal charges were dropped, and then she filed a civil complaint which was settled out of court. He admitted that he thought it was more consensual than she did in his apology.

Did he fuck up by messing around with one of the probably dozens (if not hundreds) of girls he comes across, but this one actually didn't want to be doing it? Who knows? Or did she try to take advantage of the situation and handled it better than some other others we've seen, like with Jaromir Jagr? Who knows? Was it rape? Who knows (except 68style. He knows 100% it was rape).

Was it a really dumb time to bring something like this up? 100%

I also don't give a shit about bball, but I recognize and appreciate great people. I especially don't see the need to shit on someone's legacy right after they died. Like wtf is the point other than to be the clown? Can you not wait at least one day?

Also to suggest someone would be a rapist because they've had sex with women other than the one their married to... fuck off with that.

You guys sure seem to claim to know a lot about how rapists think
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 04:43 PM   #68
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
It has now been determined that the pilot was IFR qualified, but currency unknown. A witness on twitter claims he saw the helicopter hugging highway 101 reportedly at 400ft "max" above the ground about 30 seconds before it crashed. At the speed he was doing and in that kind of vis I'm sorry but that is very dangerous from a terrain/tower/wires perspective. Special VFR rules for a helicopter allow you to be down to 1/2mi visibility but you still have to remain at 500ft AGL unless departing or on approach. The tail rotor and tail have been found separate from the main crash site.

Last edited by JDął; 01-27-2020 at 04:50 PM.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:53 PM   #69

I'm not a pilot, but going 130-160 KM/h at 400 feet regardless of weather seems really fucking reckless to me. Maybe they do it all the time though I don't know
Old 01-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #70
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I'm not a pilot, but going 130-160 KM/h at 400 feet regardless of weather seems really fucking reckless to me. Maybe they do it all the time though I don't know
Time and place relative to training and experience. I have done low level navigation trips at 500ft up to 250 knots. Fighter lead in training standard is 250ft at 400 knots. That being said, we also had ejection seats.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Time and place relative to training and experience. I have done low level navigation trips at 500ft up to 250 knots. Fighter lead in training standard is 250ft at 400 knots. That being said, we also had ejection seats.
Yeah but if you had kids in the back would you do it?
Old 01-27-2020, 05:33 PM   #72

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Low level, low visibility flying in “special VFR” conditions is the norm for a lot small aircraft in Canada. BUT most of Canada isn’t mountainous, nor is it built up. But saying that, the helicopter world is completely different. Those guys are wackos.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #73
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
down to the detail from an engineer.

Old 01-27-2020, 05:59 PM   #74
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
down to the detail from an engineer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28QYy8lrww8
Fack. Interesting how this guys account doesn't really match the transponder data in the final moments. Obviously he flew in to denser fog, lost ground reference, tried to turn around and/or emergency land but didn't know where he was. He flew in to a trap. He had a lot of warning signs, have to wonder how much pressure he felt to get the trip done.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 06:53 PM   #75
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,334 Times in 5,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Fack. Interesting how this guys account doesn't really match the transponder data in the final moments. Obviously he flew in to denser fog, lost ground reference, tried to turn around and/or emergency land but didn't know where he was. He flew in to a trap. He had a lot of warning signs, have to wonder how much pressure he felt to get the trip done.
I have a huge interest in aviation and so much so I’ve recently picked up flight simulator again lol but reading the fairly long list of incidents that are documented with private jets it’s pretty amazing the amount that are attributed to pressure by the passengers