REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:17 PM   #76
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Ari Shaffir pretty ruthless but on point with some of the reactions in this thread.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2020/...-video-tweets/
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #77
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,454 Times in 5,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Not all of us can be as perfect as you, sorry. Hope you get judged as fairly when you go
Interesting how easily you excuse a rapist (oh yes, just accused right ?) and taunt me like I’m saying I’m perfect, which I’m not, but I certainly never raped a woman, so judge away... yet you’re full out social justice warrior (and I mostly agree with you so that’s not intended to be derogatory) on so many other topics, particularly on topics of female rights and race. Pretty hypocritical.

He (or his lawyers rather) ruined a 19 year old girls reputation and life to the point she was unable to testify, then admitted he raped her and paid her a bunch of money. I’m not sure what you’re not understanding about that. How would you feel if that was your daughter? This is a very serious crime, not just a “whoops nobody is perfect” moment in life.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:09 PM   #78
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Guys, let's change the tone of this thread. Although I was in pain yesterday after hearing the devastating news of the deaths of Kobe, his daughter, and the other helicopter passengers, I choose to remember the years of joy that he gave me from watching games from his illustrious career.
-not gonna diss TMZ anymore.

Let's celebrate his wonderful NBA career instead of making replies back and forth about the dark times of Kobe's life.

Watching Mamba's last game before retirement. He dropped 60 pts on Utah.

Kobe also made the NBA All Defensive Team 12 times. One of the best 2 way players ever in the NBA.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-27-2020 at 08:24 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #79
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Criminal charges were dropped, and then she filed a civil complaint which was settled out of court. He admitted that he thought it was more consensual than she did in his apology.

Did he fuck up by messing around with one of the probably dozens (if not hundreds) of girls he comes across, but this one actually didn't want to be doing it? Who knows? Or did she try to take advantage of the situation and handled it better than some other others we've seen, like with Jaromir Jagr? Who knows? Was it rape? Who knows (except 68style. He knows 100% it was rape).

Was it a really dumb time to bring something like this up? 100%

I also don't give a shit about bball, but I recognize and appreciate great people. I especially don't see the need to shit on someone's legacy right after they died. Like wtf is the point other than to be the clown? Can you not wait at least one day?

Also to suggest someone would be a rapist because they've had sex with women other than the one their married to... fuck off with that.

You guys sure seem to claim to know a lot about how rapists think
For someone who claims they think critically, and seemingly know that all the police are either corrupt/undercover/mainlanders etc, you sure are quick to dismiss Kobe’s sexual assault charges.

You don’t get ACCUSED of sexual assault charges just for sleeping around. You can bet a dozen of NBA players sleeps around. You don’t get ACCUSED just because you’re famous or someone’s trying to take advantage of you. Duncan, James, Curry, Dirk, the list goes on, none of these players had such a huge accusation against them. Do they have their own dirt? Certainly. But this is sexual assault. It baffles me that you just brush it off as if it’s just another charge.

You are absolutely correct you don’t give a shit about basketball, and it is an absolute insult when you say you recognize and appreciate great people. What is it about Kobe do you appreciate or recognize? His on-court talent? Did you know he was actually inefficient as a scorer? Or he performs mediocrely in clutch situations? That he “encourages” his teammate by elbowing them to the chest? Did you know how he destroyed Lakers in his latter years (Lakers do owe it to him for his service)? So, is it his off-court contributions? I am more curious to hear what you appreciate and recognize him for.

Absolutely no one is shitting on his legacy. He’s a 5-time champ, multiple NBA First Team, multiple All-Star, MVP, Olympic Champ, the list goes on, how do you exactly shit on his legacy? But some shit stays. It doesn’t even compare to Lebron’s televise decision to go to Miami. It’s a freaking criminal allegation, well known to public, not just everyday charges. Those who actually follow basketball don’t even have to try to dig this shit up, they just remember.

I idolize Kobe. His footwork, defense and offensive skills is nothing short of amazing. He can literally copy any signature move and use it on his own. He’s literally our generation of MJ for those who missed MJ growing up. He looks like he’s in a different place after retirement, maybe he has changed. Great people are those you look up to and want kids around you to role model after. When those charges came out for Kobe, could you say that?
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2020, 10:22 PM   #80
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
I can’t stand the mother fuckers that jack up prices on Kobe’s shoes and clothing right after his death was confirmed

Im no Kobe fan and I understand the value after his death but to a certain extent right? Not 5 times the value price

My friend was looking to a pair of Kobe’s last month (I don’t remember which ones, that’s how out of touch I am) and he was talking to the seller about it, just right when he was getting ready to do the transaction yesterday, dude jack up the price 5x the original price was right after his death

My friend literally went WTF as he was a Kobe fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 01:18 AM   #81
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
it happens...

i checked ebay for autographed cards with the "buy it now" like 15 minutes after hearing the news.

the 1 minute mark if that while i was refreshing shit was selling insanely fast or being pulled to be relisted higher for the quick sellers...

these were rare 24 numbered out of 45 being signed cards listed for $300,who knows how jacked the price is now.

sad thing is i was always a jordan fan so i own no pairs of shoes or cards but i do recognize the skill & history Kobe made now
Old 01-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #82
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Not only individuals on forums bringing this up. Big news agency asking as well

Not now. Then when?': Kobe Bryant's death prompts battle over focus on star's rape charge

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kobe-b...ions-1.5442027
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #83
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Not only individuals on forums bringing this up. Big news agency asking as well

Not now. Then when?': Kobe Bryant's death prompts battle over focus on star's rape charge

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kobe-b...ions-1.5442027
The biggest sports personalities there are ie. Jim Rome etc. Have all brought it up and say it can’t be overlooked nor can be if left out of his legacy.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:38 PM   #84
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
if they made a biopic 6 months, 1 year or 5 later and omitted that part completely, sure blast away

but pretty jackassery to mention it hours after he tragically died...for all accounts he was pretty mucha family man for most of his kids' lives since the allegation almost 20 years ago
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2020, 08:00 PM   #85
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Interesting how easily you excuse a rapist (oh yes, just accused right ?) and taunt me like I’m saying I’m perfect, which I’m not, but I certainly never raped a woman, so judge away... yet you’re full out social justice warrior (and I mostly agree with you so that’s not intended to be derogatory) on so many other topics, particularly on topics of female rights and race. Pretty hypocritical.

He (or his lawyers rather) ruined a 19 year old girls reputation and life to the point she was unable to testify, then admitted he raped her and paid her a bunch of money. I’m not sure what you’re not understanding about that. How would you feel if that was your daughter? This is a very serious crime, not just a “whoops nobody is perfect” moment in life.
I remember following this case when it first appeared when I was in University.

I still remember the pic of the girl - Just some awg (average white girl). I recall as well that the girl's underwear were taken for evidence. It contained sperm residue - but not Kobe's. The most damning thing was how she had friends who told cops and other investigators that she was going around bragging about the money she could get from the settlement case and all the things she would buy with the money.

She’s been bragging about the case for years, she even did a PUBLIC freestyle about it.

I always had the perception that men who were accused of rape (whether acquitted or not) - were always guilty. This was the first time as a young man that I realized that women can lie about rape to get ahead.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:03 PM   #86
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
if they made a biopic 6 months, 1 year or 5 later and omitted that part completely, sure blast away

but pretty jackassery to mention it hours after he tragically died...for all accounts he was pretty mucha family man for most of his kids' lives since the allegation almost 20 years ago
Like I said, it's not like we are PURPOSELY trying to dig up anything negative about Kobe.

What is considered jackassery? Bringing this up at his funeral, or as a long time teammate/competitor doing an public interview, as a close friend or someone that knew him personally on a deep level. Or even on a basketball forum, or a thread that's dedicated to Kobe's legacy.

But on a car forum, where mods advocates for free speech, in a thread where maybe not even half of the people cares about basketball? Absolutely not. The bad things mentioned on here aren't even close to defaming or insult or hate. Hell, even ESPN had to mention it in their article right after Kobe's death.
trd2343 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 09:35 AM   #87
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,722 Posts
This. I very much remember following the allegation, and I always remember the consensus was this was a sham job, and she was looking to cash out.

Look, the man has never had a history of sexual abuse, there's never been similar reports against him prior or after.

My only laugh was at some women in my timeline who were crying about Kobe, when I remember damn well these same girls were trashing him for cheating on his wife. That was the only irony I had there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
I remember following this case when it first appeared when I was in University.

I still remember the pic of the girl - Just some awg (average white girl). I recall as well that the girl's underwear were taken for evidence. It contained sperm residue - but not Kobe's. The most damning thing was how she had friends who told cops and other investigators that she was going around bragging about the money she could get from the settlement case and all the things she would buy with the money.

She’s been bragging about the case for years, she even did a PUBLIC freestyle about it.

I always had the perception that men who were accused of rape (whether acquitted or not) - were always guilty. This was the first time as a young man that I realized that women can lie about rape to get ahead.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #88
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Someone made a video to create a visual representation of what might have occurred

JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2020, 11:33 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd2343 View Post
Like I said, it's not like we are PURPOSELY trying to dig up anything negative about Kobe.

What is considered jackassery? Bringing this up at his funeral, or as a long time teammate/competitor doing an public interview, as a close friend or someone that knew him personally on a deep level. Or even on a basketball forum, or a thread that's dedicated to Kobe's legacy.

But on a car forum, where mods advocates for free speech, in a thread where maybe not even half of the people cares about basketball? Absolutely not. The bad things mentioned on here aren't even close to defaming or insult or hate. Hell, even ESPN had to mention it in their article right after Kobe's death.
the thread is titled 'bryand' dies in a chopper crash

not: heyyy please reflect on his contributions/legacy/not so bright past

more than anything i'm actually quite interested in the aviation/crash details posted in here

all this back and forth started with a 'welllll...family man? I dont know about that!!'

you're more than entitled to your opinion on his 2003 allegations and can post as you see fit, i'm just saying timing seems off for any decent human beings that's experienced loss especially if it involves youths with their whole lives ahead of them en route to a ball game

should the foes or anyone who's ever been wronged by those who perished in the humboldt crash come out and shit talk mere hours after their tragedy too? why because basketball isn't a national sport in Canada so it's tolerated?
Old 01-30-2020, 07:55 AM   #90
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Explain? Or sauce?
google black mamba big pharma

https://money.yahoo.com/kobe-bryant-...181943793.html

Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash @ 41 ? Gematrinator Blog

and ya the whole bigger then impeachment thing

and also the cartoon someone already posted here

this song bangs
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:16 PM   #91

This is one of the many NBA all star game tributes to Kobe and his daughter Gianna:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...-giannas-no-2/

The NBA’s All-Stars will be playing this year with Kobe Bryant and Gianna Bryant in their minds and on their jerseys.
So, coming soon: No. 24 Giannis Antetokounmpo, and No. 2, LeBron James.

As part of what will be a long series of tributes to Bryant and his daughter Gianna, the NBA announced Friday that every player on Team Giannis will wear 24 on their jerseys at this year’s All-Star Game and every player on Team LeBron will wear 2.
Old 01-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #92
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Now that more complete ADS-B data is available it looks a lot like the pilot got spatially disoriented and thundered in. Very very difficult to recover from an extreme unusual attitude off instruments, especially if disorientation got you there to begin with. At low altitude in a helicopter it's basically impossible. They hit extremely hard, 155 KIAS forward speed and 4200ft/min rate of descent. That's about 280kph forward and 70kph rate of descent
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #93
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Now that more complete ADS-B data is available it looks a lot like the pilot got spatially disoriented and thundered in. Very very difficult to recover from an extreme unusual attitude off instruments, especially if disorientation got you there to begin with. At low altitude in a helicopter it's basically impossible. They hit extremely hard, 155 KIAS forward speed and 4200ft/min rate of descent. That's about 280kph forward and 70kph rate of descent
So basically he didn't know which was way up? That's horrifying.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:02 PM   #94

dumb question but are most helicopters equipped with radars and sonars that work in fog to mitigate collision into terrain/built-up areas? not something to rely on but as redundant warnings
Old 01-31-2020, 03:27 PM   #95
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
So basically he didn't know which was way up? That's horrifying.
Exactly. It happens when you lose visual reference or have intermittent reference while on instruments (trying to go back and forth between inside and outside the cockpit). It's a weird feeling when your eyes and in your inner ears (balance) don't align and your mind plays tricks on what is straight and level. You have to trust your instruments on what your orientation is, not what your body is telling you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
dumb question but are most helicopters equipped with radars and sonars that work in fog to mitigate collision into terrain/built-up areas? not something to rely on but as redundant warnings
They can have radar altimeters (RAD-ALT) that work at low level and give you an Above Ground Level (AGL) altitude. Your standard altimeter is set to atmospheric pressure and indicates Above Sea Level (ASL). That is how he was at 1700ft but hit the ground. Terrain Warning Systems (TWS) and GPS based Collision Avoidance are other aids. All of these systems are tens of thousands of dollars of kit to add to the aircraft, plus associated maintenance. For that reason I would say the vast majority of aircraft do not have them outside major commercial carries, militaries, etc unless they come standard when purchasing something brand new in the last few years.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #96

LBJ's heartfelt speech in tribute to Kobe. -good to see LeBron acknowledge all nine individuals passing away in the helicopter crash.

Old 02-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #97

horrible...

knowing the G-forces helicopters can pull on dip landings from military pilots I've flown with is fucking insane.

knowing the speed involved,as much as i had my balls in my chest,this had to be 10x worse roller coaster from hell.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:56 PM   #98
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
horrible...

knowing the G-forces helicopters can pull on dip landings from military pilots I've flown with is fucking insane.

knowing the speed involved,as much as i had my balls in my chest,this had to be 10x worse roller coaster from hell.
Actually helicopters can't pull much G at all, the rotors and head are easily over stressed. If you're not used to G a little can feel like a lot, pulling 2G in the Griffon or Chinook would feel like an extreme maneuver . I don't remember the G limits for the Griffon because it's not something we would ever be pushing during normal operations, a 45 degree turn was an unofficial "do not go past". The most capable helicopters in the world such as the AH-64D Apache and the Messerschmitt BO-105 (Red Bull aerobatic) can only pull MAX 3.5G.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2020, 11:08 PM   #99

^^^ interesting,yeah this pilots pushed fully down to land & nobody was prepared so it felt like alot,the guy next to me got light headed,felt like we dropped 100 meters in 2 seconds.

soon as he got close enough to the ground he pulled up and you just heard the helicopter blades loudly chopping.

probably because i wasn't prepared or use to it,felt violent.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:16 PM   #100
My homepage has been set to RS

wow kobe 1978-2020 gianna 2006-2020 1978+2020+2006+2020=8024 ->his jersey numbers
add the numbers up individually, =41, his age

also his last game, the score was 101-96. he scored 60 pts, 101-60=41
he subbed out with 4.1 seconds left. the last player to take a shot in the game? trey lyles...his jersey #...41

GOD'S PLAN
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: