REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #51
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
^ were you wearing your maga hat when you said that. You mysoginist pro lifer
Advertisement
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #52
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
^ were you wearing your maga hat when you said that. You mysoginist pro lifer
I'm not pro-life but are you going to tell a grieving father that it was just a fetus that died so it's not a big deal.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:04 PM   #53
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
It is (unfortunately) the case in Canada that the murder of an unborn child is not considered murder at all.
Because an unborn child is not a human being in Canada
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...ction-223.html

When child becomes human being

223 (1) A child becomes a human being within the meaning of this Act when it has completely proceeded, in a living state, from the body of its mother, whether or not

(a) it has breathed;

(b) it has an independent circulation; or

(c) the navel string is severed.

Killing child

(2) A person commits homicide when he causes injury to a child before or during its birth as a result of which the child dies after becoming a human being.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:01 PM   #54

A very good question indeed. Still no explanation, other than "they did not want to irritate the recipients". Far from a reasonable response to a shooting spree that spanned much of the province, over a period of 12 hours, by a perpetrator impersonating an RCMP officer.
Quite unacceptable.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6845194/n...ergency-alert/
-Norm Franz
Old 04-22-2020, 12:49 PM   #55
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
They are going out of their way to not report what type of firearm was used, nor if he was even legally allowed to own then, and of course none of the MSM wanted to ask the questions..

He had a past of violence and for a period of time was completely prohibited from owning any weapons as per the Toronto star. It's also being reported that beside his look-alike police cruiser he also had a legitimate RCMP uniform.

I wouldnt say it's far fetched to say he likely had stolen RCMP issue weapons as well, or at the very least, illegal similar models. But hey, details aint important when Turd wants to spin illegal gun ownership to punish legal, law abiding owners.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #56
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
There's something fishy about this story.

I don't know what it is, but the information we're being given just isn't making any sense. Now they're saying he might have had an accomplice as well? How did he have a legitimate RCMP uniform? Why was he allowed to roll around in a replica RCMP vehicle in the first place?

This is smelling like a bit of a cover up of sorts.

There's definitely more to this story and someone important isn't going to look good here.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #57

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
More gun control? How about uniform control? Make officers turn in their uniforms to be destroyed or reissued. Majority of uniform jobs I've ever worked had a return policy (even if they were just thrown in a box to collect dust), so why can't the police?
Old 04-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #58
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
How did he have a legitimate RCMP uniform? Why was he allowed to roll around in a replica RCMP vehicle in the first place?
Global new / Van Sun says he made his own uniform (easily replicated with pics from internet and the car decals were obviously replica.

Obviously, against the law to roll around in a cop car but a normal citizen ain't going to say "oh look, that's a fake cop car cause it didn't have sirens on top" that was one thing the killer wasn't able to rep was the red and blue lights on top of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
They are going out of their way to not report what type of firearm was used, nor if he was even legally allowed to own then, and of course none of the MSM wanted to ask the questions..

He had a past of violence and for a period of time was completely prohibited from owning any weapons as per the Toronto star. It's also being reported that beside his look-alike police cruiser he also had a legitimate RCMP uniform.
He was banned back in 2002 for ownership. As to legitimate uniform, was it an older style / or he had a legit RCMP logo /patch.. I'm sure cops won't disclose any of that info in fear of copy cats but I'm sure if we dig deeper, there are sources to buy jackets / shirts similar... the Patches would require someone to send over to Aliexpress to get someone to produce.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #59
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
What we really need is some got dang bullet control

/chris rock

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:43 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Global new / Van Sun says he made his own uniform (easily replicated with pics from internet and the car decals were obviously replica.

Obviously, against the law to roll around in a cop car but a normal citizen ain't going to say "oh look, that's a fake cop car cause it didn't have sirens on top" that was one thing the killer wasn't able to rep was the red and blue lights on top of the car.

He was banned back in 2002 for ownership. As to legitimate uniform, was it an older style / or he had a legit RCMP logo /patch.. I'm sure cops won't disclose any of that info in fear of copy cats but I'm sure if we dig deeper, there are sources to buy jackets / shirts similar... the Patches would require someone to send over to Aliexpress to get someone to produce.
He was banned from owning guns for 9 months. Also, you can make your own patches with a computer-controlled embroidery machine.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #61

There was a gentleman on CBC this morning (can't recall credentials/expertise) saying all you have to do to aquire an authentic RCMP uniform is walk into any military surplus store. According to him, officers are allowed to keep their old uniforms and are supposed to destroy them. Some don't do this and they find their way into the public.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:40 PM   #62
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
There's something fishy about this story.

I don't know what it is, but the information we're being given just isn't making any sense. Now they're saying he might have had an accomplice as well? How did he have a legitimate RCMP uniform? Why was he allowed to roll around in a replica RCMP vehicle in the first place?

This is smelling like a bit of a cover up of sorts.

There's definitely more to this story and someone important isn't going to look good here.
Just my musings as a former fleet person at rcmp, I think what they mean on the “accomplice” side of things is that he had an in somehow to order a Ford Taurus / Interceptor brand new with police / security spec (blacked out wheels and holes to mount equipment in, etc) as it’s not something anyone in the general public can just order.

As for the decals they don’t look quite right but he did an amazing job copying them very closely. Keep in mind the guy built dentures, which is also super detailed work itself.

This story will continue to unravel for quite some time that’s for sure....
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2020, 05:16 PM   #63
Banned By Establishment

It’s obvious that gun laws don’t mean shit, people will acquire weapons regardless of what’s written on a piece of paper. If he had a license we would have known in the first 10 seconds. The LPC wanted to milk the situation for political gain. The strategy was obviously to get in some words about banning guns on, and then promptly forget about it. It'll stir the pot enough with the anti-gun zealots, and that's all they need.

The RCMP come off majorly incompetent in all of this. They are largely responsible for more people dying.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2020, 05:44 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
It’s obvious that gun laws don’t mean shit, people will acquire weapons regardless of what’s written on a piece of paper. If he had a license we would have known in the first 10 seconds. The LPC wanted to milk the situation for political gain. The strategy was obviously to get in some words about banning guns on, and then promptly forget about it. It'll stir the pot enough with the anti-gun zealots, and that's all they need.

The RCMP come off majorly incompetent in all of this. They are largely responsible for more people dying.
They why have any laws at all?
Old 04-23-2020, 12:29 PM   #65
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
There was a gentleman on CBC this morning (can't recall credentials/expertise) saying all you have to do to aquire an authentic RCMP uniform is walk into any military surplus store. According to him, officers are allowed to keep their old uniforms and are supposed to destroy them. Some don't do this and they find their way into the public.
There's really nothing special or unique about a police uniform RCMP or not. You can walk into DS Tactical and buy 5.11 tac pants/shirts and sew on a couple shoulder flashes which are common amongst patch traders/collectors.

Hell, majority of RCMP members in the LMD don't even wear their issued kit because of how poorly constructed and non-functional the gear is. Most buy their own pants, boots, body armour carriers, and I've seen some interesting home made sweaters/jackets worn by members.
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #66

There is a lot of weirdness about this case coming up so far...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6853581/n...-hall-bullets/
Quote:
Nova Scotia’s police watchdog is investigating why two uniformed officers were shooting in the direction of a fire hall in Onslow being used as a place of refuge the morning of the shooting rampage.

In a statement to Global News, Nova Scotia Serious Incident Response Team (SiRT) interim director Pat Curran said the team is investigating the discharge of firearms by two RCMP officers near the Onslow-Belmont Fire Hall about 10:30 a.m. on Sunday morning.

“At this point we don’t what they were shooting at,” Curran said. “We do know that the shooter was not in that area at that time.”

The Onslow Belmont Fire Hall is located about 25 kilometres east of Portapique, N.S., where a gunman began his deadly rampage that spanned over 12 hours and killed at least 22 people this past weekend.
-Norm Franz
Old 04-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
There is a lot of weirdness about this case coming up so far...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6853581/n...-hall-bullets/
We might actually agree on something here.

From the start of this story something smelt fishy, the way the information was trickling out, and flip flops on information, the vagueness, the inaccuracies. It smelt like something was being covered up or hidden here, my first thought was whether or not a rogue officer/officers might have been involved here.

I'm not claiming that specifically, but there definitely seems like there is something to this story that might get some powerful folks in trouble. I sound like a tinfoil hatter, but this whole story gave me a weird feeling from the jump.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:36 PM   #68
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
If something really is "fishy" I think the most likely scenario is just sheer incompetence.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2020, 05:04 PM   #69
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i feel like the details are currently being danced around because that fucking slimeball bill blair is trying to craft a narrative to release the information around. in the press conference, he interrupted the police investigator when he was asked details about the guns used, etc. they're trying to figure out how to use this to further the gun ban agenda, and the information currently doesn't fit properly.

being unlicensed and using illegal guns doesn't help the 'take legal guns from legal gun owners' narrative.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:03 PM   #70
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
police in some fashion knew about the replica cruiser...probably thought it was some restoration hobby like old army willys jeep

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...iser-1.5543176

sounds like a small town force just couldn't wrap their head around the idea of a massacre is even a possibility
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:11 PM   #71
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Something about this definitely stinks. The mock car, the uniform, the refusal to discuss the weapon(s) used and his legal status....

The firearm(s) used were obviously acquired illegally, but my gut says they may be stolen RCMP issue. Combine this with RRxtar's comments (which we know are true because Bill Blair is a fraud and a liar) and this whole situation could look very bad for important people.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...er-departments
JD¹³ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2020, 12:03 PM   #72

Not likely related but there is a shooting incident going on near Halifax. Police have issued a shelter in place warning.
Old 04-24-2020, 12:27 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
Something about this definitely stinks. The mock car, the uniform, the refusal to discuss the weapon(s) used and his legal status....

The firearm(s) used were obviously acquired illegally, but my gut says they may be stolen RCMP issue. Combine this with RRxtar's comments (which we know are true because Bill Blair is a fraud and a liar) and this whole situation could look very bad for important people.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...er-departments
100%.

Apparently the town knew he was impersonating himself as an officer. You know damn well if you or I were rolling around Vancouver in a replica RCMP vehicle we'd be pulled over, and likely have the car seized.

Since when has it been legal to impersonate an officer, you can't tint your damn front windows in most Provinces, since when can you roll around in a decked out RCMP vehicle with impunity?

None of this makes sense.

I've been saying this for a while now, I truly don't trust the RCMP. From how they've dropped the ball almost on purpose on each of these high profile money laundering cases out here in BC, to their coordination with the HA's and stories of officers partying at the Pickton farm back in the day, there's so many stories over the year here. The RCMP has been cash strapped for some time now, really makes me wonder how many bad apples are in there right now.

Surrey is definitely onto something by putting together their own force, no doubt.

Last edited by mikemhg; 04-24-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:40 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Not likely related but there is a shooting incident going on near Halifax. Police have issued a shelter in place warning.
Issued that warning pretty quick this time I see...
-Norm Franz
Old 04-28-2020, 12:37 PM   #75
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/04...ast-fall-rcmp/

Even this article seems to tip toe around the details.

The way it’s written suggests that the car he has was in fact an RCMP interceptor not just a regular Taurus. Also the guy has a collection of ex-police cars and uninforms etc. And is related to multiple RCMP officers?

But yea, legal gun owners are the issue..