REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:39 PM   #201
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
So could this be challenged in court?
seems like it could be. And i feel like it might not hold up well either.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. Not the same situation, but when BC introduced the IRP (Immediate Roadside Prohibition) system for impaired drivers, it was challenged on the grounds that it didn't allow individuals due process. The courts eventually agreed, and recommended changes be made. However, all IRP's issued out up until then were upheld, despite violations of rights. The court system is a last resort at best. Too bad this was pushed through in such a despicable way. In the mid 2000's I thought it would be great to have the former spokesman for Katimavik, a program dear to me, as PM. I don't know if I could ever vote for him at this point.
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2020, 10:33 PM   #202
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I didn't know you had it so ruff. How are you going to survive?

18 years ago a legal gun owner thought a 25 cent bullet was cheaper than a divorce. So he shot his estranged wife while she was getting gas with her 13-year-old daughter. I was the one working that day. But that's nothing compared to the pain and suffering you are going threw. it's not worse than looking at women with a hole blown thru her as her daughter screams I want to see my mommy as a customer holds her back. You might want to start a go fund me page so you can get some counseling for all the pain and suffering you are feeling.
I'm not a gun owner and I really have no skin in the game as far as gun control goes but what the government has done isn't going to prevent what happened in the scenario you just told us. That's a really shitty thing to witness but there's not a chance ALL guns are going to be totally outlawed in Canada, and whoever thinks they can do that has lost my vote.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:28 PM   #203
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
I didn't know you had it so ruff. How are you going to survive?

18 years ago a legal gun owner thought a 25 cent bullet was cheaper than a divorce. So he shot his estranged wife while she was getting gas with her 13-year-old daughter. I was the one working that day. But that's nothing compared to the pain and suffering you are going threw. it's not worse than looking at women with a hole blown thru her as her daughter screams I want to see my mommy as a customer holds her back. You might want to start a go fund me page so you can get some counseling for all the pain and suffering you are feeling.
I'll give you a thanks for giving an honest traumatic event you had to witness but I still disagree and say it's rough having your rights stripped. To each their own.
I guess if I can't purchase any assault style weapons I'll just have to fill that void and purchase some handguns. On the bright side the ammo is cheaper and would give me an excuse to go to the range more often.

My brothers sister inlaw was killed by a drunk driver while she was walking down the sidewalk in Surrey years ago. That was pretty traumatic for everyone having to see that.. We should probably ban alcohol while we're at it. It causes more deaths than firearms yet nobody bats an eye. See where I'm going with this?

I don't vote conservative at all but come next election if one of their campaign promises is to revoke this ban, I will vote for them.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:43 PM   #204
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
you can almost guarantee someone will have that as a campaign promise.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:02 AM   #205
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I'll give you a thanks for giving an honest traumatic event you had to witness but I still disagree and say it's rough having your rights stripped. To each their own.
This isn't America. It's a privilege, not some bastardized right.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2020, 12:16 AM   #206
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
My idea of gun control is you're trying to stop mass shootings, where killing a large amount of people would otherwise not be feasible without that particular weapon. You're not going to stop the dude who killed his wife with a hand gun because he'd just choke a bitch if that was his only option. It's not like a guy who's willing to pull a trigger on his wife isn't willing to do something else to end her life.

Hey Slim, that's my girlfriend screamin' in the trunk
But I didn't slit her throat, I just tied her up, see I ain't like you
'Cause if she suffocates she'll suffer more, and then she'll die too
Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the bridge now
Oh shit, I forgot, how am I supposed to send this shit out?

Can't stop crazy, but you can limit the casualties.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:40 AM   #207

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
A mother of two, an RCMP officer, was dragged out of her car and murdered. Her children will inevitably learn of how she died someday.

Whether those weapons were illegal, registered, or whatever... our government needs to show they did something, anything, to try and prevent this from happening again.

I have seen images of Trudeau as a Nazi leader show up on my FB feed. I'm sorry, but as much as I care for my rights, there are some issues that require swift and immediate action to represent the country's discontent with an action.

If you feel your rights are so violated, the border isn't far. Bear arms. Have fun.

Kev

Last edited by Roach; 05-03-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2020, 12:42 AM   #208
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Would it be more reasonable if the govt allowed people to keep these collectors items if they were permanently disabled? Is the ability to kill people a necessary part of collecting them? (seriously, I wouldn't know)

If it's just target shooting, there are plenty of legal guns still out there to own, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Your question has basically been answered by others already. You can make firearms unusable in a variety of ways, lots of that is done for display items, educational or training purposes, etc. That also detracts from the value of a collectors item, it's equivalent to having a collector car that doesn't run. In Australia members of gun clubs have to leave their firearms locked up at the range they are registered and use them at. I don't support that level of regulation either but it's a far cry better than what's been done here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
They're not confiscating guns... The buyback is not mandatory (should be though)

Owners of these firearms are now required to submit to the buyback or surrender their property to a licensed dealer. If they don't do so by the end of the amnesty period they become criminals. That's equivalent to confiscation, and makes surrendering mandatory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I'll accept that then. I agree on the monetary side in terms of those consequences. You can't introduce a law out of nowhere and essentially force folks to lose money on their purchases, especially for businesses as well, their purchased stock now loses a ton of value as a result of this.

I definitely don't agree with that point, that's wrong for sure. We can agree on that.
Some of my customers have lost their livelihoods overnight. Family owned businesses; one husband and wife operation with a young baby have been told their inventory is now illegal to sell effective immediately (they machined receivers, slides, etc). They are just one example of families that will likely be filing bankruptcies before any election allows these laws to be repealed. And for what?

The real elephant in the room here is this: a man in Nova Scotia who was banned from owning firearms got them illegally from the US. He then went on a shooting and arson rampage for 13hrs impersonating a police officer. He used his disguise to enter peoples homes and he pulled random cars over and executed the occupants. The RCMP never initiated with the provincial government to issue an Emergency Alert to the public as they chased their tails, this cost lives. Under-equipped officers were shot and killed (Mayorthorpe anyone? Moncton ring a bell?), and their weapons were taken and used. This was a total failure of the policing system to stop a serious criminal and protect the public, and they have learned NOTHING from past incidents. If there was ever an argument for disarming the public this is the exact opposite. We should be allowed to defend ourselves if we choose to because the police very evidently can not in every situation, especially in rural areas.

The Liberal government is using the tragedy in Nova Scotia and hiding from parliament under the guise of COVID-19 to push their agenda, which as we can see holds no place in logic or reality. What Trudeau and his cabinet have done here is pure cowardice and attacks the democratic foundation of the country. It's not all about firearms. Everyone is happy to point fingers at the CCP for their actions in suppressing the outbreak the world is now dealing with. Obvious lying and manipulation of stats, pointing blame at other parties, suppressing free speech and freedom of the press.... but the same thing is happening right here in Canada. Wake up and pay attention.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:24 AM   #209
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
^^^ the bbc article I linked said current owners would have their guns grandfathered, and the buyback would be voluntary

they based their article on the globe n mails story about leaked documents

Quote:
The Globe and Mail reported that leaked documents show the buy-back programme would be voluntary, and licensed owners would have their guns grandfathered. Mr Trudeau had previously promised the programme would be mandatory.

On Friday, Mr Trudeau would not confirm whether buy-backs would be voluntary, but reiterated the buy-back programme would have to be supported by other parties, and be fair to everyone.

"The next steps need to be ironed out," he said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52505765
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #210
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:

Using that same line there are you going to apply it to all the small restaurants that are going under due to covid?
Can't afford to run your business anymore and make rent because you've got no sales? Tough luck.. Should've been a better restaurant. Have fun watching what you created get pissed in to a toilet.
ok it was already a stretch using tattoo and sports cars as an analogy, now this hobby is being held to the same priorities as core necessities like food?

Last edited by twitchyzero; 05-03-2020 at 09:58 AM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:11 AM   #211
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Whether those weapons were illegal, registered, or whatever... our government needs to show they did something, anything, to try and prevent this from happening again.
The reality is, what they did does not solve the problem at all. What they have done implies that people who legally own firearms and went through the mandatory legal procedures to obtain them in the first place are seen as a potential risk. It's a guilty until proven innocent mentality and it sets a VERY dangerous precedent in this country.

Police officers around the country have said, long before the law was put in place, that something like this will not solve the issue of gun violence. As time goes on, assuming this law stays in place, you will see it does absolutely nothing to stop gun violence.
DGN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #212

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
I guess if I can't purchase any assault style weapons I'll just have to fill that void and purchase some handguns. On the bright side the ammo is cheaper and would give me an excuse to go to the range more often.

My brothers sister inlaw was killed by a drunk driver while she was walking down the sidewalk in Surrey years ago. That was pretty traumatic for everyone having to see that.. We should probably ban alcohol while we're at it. It causes more deaths than firearms yet nobody bats an eye. See where I'm going with this?

I don't vote conservative at all but come next election if one of their campaign promises is to revoke this ban, I will vote for them.

Let's talk about an industry I know, Tobacco. here are some of the rules and regulations that have changed over the years.

Increase the buying age from 16 to 19.
Ban cigarette packs that contain less than 20 cigarettes.
add warning text to all packs
add an ingredients list to all packs.
add a warning picture to all packs
Removethe ingredients list from all packs.
Ban all small flavored cigars. (primetime/bullseye)
Ban sales of more than 5 cartons to a single customer.
Ban all cigarettes that are not king or regular size. (superslim, 100mm and XL)
Ban menthol cigarettes.
Ban all cigars that are not alcohol flavors.
Ban all fruit-flavored chewing tobacco.
Have plain (the same)packaging for all cigarettes.
Next year, make all cigars come in plain packaging. Some higher-end cigars will not be available in Canad because we are too small of a market.
Next year, change all packs to flat packs. So the warning ads are bigger. (the one on the right)

Any time now banning chewing tobacco and flavored nicotine pouches with a high nicotine content. (white fox/Siberia)

Every time there is a package change all the old packs are sent back to the manufacture to be incinerated. We get our money back but the manufacture only gets the tax they paid back but has to eat the manufacturing cost.

I haven't even talked about all the times the taxes have gone up. We have gone from $3.50 a pack to $13.00 for our cheapest pack. I know companies that have gone bankrupt.

What's happening to the gun industry is no different than what's happened to other industries.

I have never heard a smoker claim their rights were violated when the tobacco product they used was banned.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #213

Quote:
Let's talk about an industry I know, Tobacco. here are some of the rules and regulations that have changed over the years.

Increase the buying age from 16 to 19. still able to purchase though
Ban cigarette packs that contain less than 20 cigarettes.buy 2 packs. Problem soved
add warning text to all packsseems irrelevant
add an ingredients list to all packs.seems irrelevant
add a warning picture to all packsdoesnt stop anyone
Removethe ingredients list from all packs.im sure smokers don't care
Ban all small flavored cigars. (primetime/bullseye)purchase in states and bring back
Ban sales of more than 5 cartons to a single customer.buy 5 cartons then proceed to the next gas station and buy 5 more
Ban all cigarettes that are not king or regular size. (superslim, 100mm and XL)bring back from states by the carton
Ban menthol cigarettes.bring back from states
Ban all cigars that are not alcohol flavors.bring back from states
Ban all fruit-flavored chewing tobacco. bring back from states
Have plain (the same)packaging for all cigarettes.seems irrelevant as companies can still sell them
Next year, make all cigars come in plain packaging. people will still continue to buy
Some higher-end cigars will not be available in Canad because we are too small of a market.bring back from states
Next year, change all packs to flat packs. So the warning ads are bigger. (the one on the right)

Any time now banning chewing tobacco and flavored nicotine pouches with a high nicotine content. (white fox/Siberia)states

Every time there is a package change all the old packs are sent back to the manufacture to be incinerated. We get our money back but the manufacture only gets the tax they paid back but has to eat the manufacturing cost.

I haven't even talked about all the times the taxes have gone up. We have gone from $3.50 a pack to $13.00 for our cheapest pack. I know companies that have gone bankrupt.

What's happening to the gun industry is no different than what's happened to other industries.

I have never heard a smoker claim their rights were violated when the tobacco product they used was banned.
I don't smoke or drink so I'll add in my thought in on your quote.

If smoking was flat out banned I could see a reason to have an outrage but as far as i can see unless those cigs are flat out banned in both USA and Canada they can easily be brought over the border and used on a daily basis and sold from your average 25 year old to a 13 year old highschool kid who wants to look cool for 20$.

Of course firearms can be smuggled in as well but what's the point if you can't use them at a gun range. Sell it to some wannabe thug for 5k(most likely stolen anyways).
Which do you think is more likely to happen - get banned tobacco products or get an assault rifle.
Thousands of tobacco related cancer deaths is apparently nothing compared to a shooting.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #214

Quote:
I don't smoke or drink so I'll add in my thought in on your quote.

If smoking was flat out banned I could see a reason to have an outrage but as far as i can see unless those cigs are flat out banned in both USA and Canada they can easily be brought over the border and used on a daily basis and sold from your average 25 year old to a 13 year old highschool kid who wants to look cool for 20$.

Of course firearms can be smuggled in as well but what's the point if you can't use them at a gun range. Sell it to some wannabe thug for 5k(most likely stolen anyways).
Which do you think is more likely to happen - get banned tobacco products or get an assault rifle.
Thousands of tobacco related cancer deaths is apparently nothing compared to a shooting.
Multiple types of tobacco products have been completely banned and the number of people smoking has dropped dramatically because of government actions. It's only a matter of time before traditional smoking products are off the shelves. Everyone in the industry knows it.

Also know one is catching a ferry to go buy smokes from the states. They also increased the number of cigarettes in a pack to make them more expensive. No more kiddie 15 packs. plain packaging and having waring on packs have changed some peoples minds.
Old 05-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #215

I don't remember everyones background story in kife but is it yourself or another person the one who owns a gas station or something along those lines? I'm thinking tobacco sales probably make a significant amount of sales. If smoking were to be flat out banned and the loss of revenue reulted in the company folding would you be angry or accept it? Blame the government and then expect people to feel sympathy when non smokers say "meh, just another place down that sold death sticks". Smokers would be furious, shop owners would be furious, and the non smokers would be happy and rejoice.

I don't wish that upon any shop or persons life they've built in a business. But I can't stand walking down the street and looking at 10,000 cigarette butts littering the sidewalk, watching people click them out of their cars while driving, standing in a group and the distinct odor that follows them everywhere.
Mass shootings in canada is a drop of water in the bucket compared to tobacco deaths.

Quote:
Tobacco harms the health, the treasury, and the spirit of Canada. Every year, more than 47700 of its people are killed by tobacco-caused disease. Still, more than 27000 children (10-14 years old) and 3243000 adults (15+ years old) continue to use tobacco each day. Complacency in the face of the tobacco epidemic insulates the tobacco industry in Canada and ensures that tobacco's death toll will grow every year. Tobacco control advocates must reach out to other communities and resources to strengthen their efforts and create change.
https://tobaccoatlas.org/country/canada/

No idea the accuracy of that site. It was just the first result of tobacco deaths in Canada per year
Old 05-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #216
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,824 Times in 3,904 Posts
smoking is mostly a choice...a more appropriate stat would be 2nd hand smoking

not to mention the tax revenue it brings, but let's stay on-topic

just words for now, but local handgun bans coming and cbsa will ramp up contraband checks

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...ming-1.4922898
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:15 PM   #217

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
got them illegally from the US.
Do you have a source on that? The last I saw at least one was supposedly traced back to Canada.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #218
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
^ I was told they make really nothing on gas.. it's the food / chocolate bars that makes money. I don't know how much tobacco / skratch and win tickets would generate too much profit margins.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #219

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Do you have a source on that? The last I saw at least one was supposedly traced back to Canada.
One was taken from the constable he killed. So that would probably count as the one from Canada. I assume anyways
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #220

Quote:
I don't remember everyones background story in kife but is it yourself or another person the one who owns a gas station or something along those lines? I'm thinking tobacco sales probably make a significant amount of sales. If smoking were to be flat out banned and the loss of revenue reulted in the company folding would you be angry or accept it? Blame the government and then expect people to feel sympathy when non smokers say "meh, just another place down that sold death sticks". Smokers would be furious, shop owners would be furious, and the non smokers would be happy and rejoice.

I don't wish that upon any shop or persons life they've built in a business. But I can't stand walking down the street and looking at 10,000 cigarette butts littering the sidewalk, watching people click them out of their cars while driving, standing in a group and the distinct odor that follows them everywhere.
Mass shootings in canada is a drop of water in the bucket compared to tobacco deaths.

https://tobaccoatlas.org/country/canada/

No idea the accuracy of that site. It was just the first result of tobacco deaths in Canada per year
I'm the one with a gas station. traditional tobacco sales are slowing less young people smoke. Also, the number of cigarettes a person smokes in a day has gone down a lot. Many people just can't afford to smoke a pack or more a day. One of the smaller tobacco distributors lost it's 2 main products because of government bans. They tried selling other stuff like toys and candy. In February they fired all their reps across Canada. All the big players in tobacco know traditional tobacco sales are dying and that's why they are spending huge amounts of money on alternative smoking products. Unlike owning a gun tobacco is an addiction and they can't just ban it overnight.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:44 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
^ I was told they make really nothing on gas.. it's the food / chocolate bars that makes money. I don't know how much tobacco / skratch and win tickets would generate too much profit margins.
We make money on gas. We make good money on tobacco too. Both are lower margin products so make money by selling a lot of it. On lotto, we make 5 cents on a dollar so it's next to nothing.
Old 05-03-2020, 03:58 PM   #222

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
smoking is mostly a choice...a more appropriate stat would be 2nd hand smoking

not to mention the tax revenue it brings, but let's stay on-topic

just words for now, but local handgun bans coming and cbsa will ramp up contraband checks

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/trud...ming-1.4922898
Second-hand smoke kills about 800 a year. Many times more than all gun homicides. Both legal and illegal.

I wonder if these tighter border measures will include reserves that straddle the US border. Where countless amounts of illicit items are smuggled with no physical restriction.
I'll answer my own question; highly doubtful.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 05-03-2020 at 04:32 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Second-hand smoke kills about 800 a year. Many times more than all gun homicides. Both legal and illegal.

I wonder if these tighter border measures will include reserves that straddle the US border. Where countless amounts of illicit items are smuggled with no physical restriction.
I'll answer my own question; highly doubtful.
What would help is if people stopped buying native smokes.

Federal and Provincial governments have brought in a number of laws to curb second-hand smoking. Remember when you could smoke inside a pub/club? now you can't even smoke close to an entrance of a building.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #224
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

I have seen images of Trudeau as a Nazi leader show up on my FB feed. I'm sorry, but as much as I care for my rights, there are some issues that require swift and immediate action to represent the country's discontent with an action.

If you feel your rights are so violated, the border isn't far. Bear arms. Have fun.
This is an incredibly lazy position to take and shows blind trust in your elected officials with no critical thinking whatsoever.

The fact that these laws won't change a thing for criminals and wouldn't have prevented the tragedy in NS aside... you realize the Liberal government just implemented law based on a list they found on the internet right? They copied and pasted without doing any proofreading! The list of freshly banned firearms includes websites, a locksmith business, and a fucking Facebook group. There's also no rhyme or reason to the list as it includes some shotguns, bolt-action rifles, old school rim fire, and more. Actual military weaponry like mortars, anti-tank and aircraft launchers, recoilless rifles, rocket-propelled grenades... these were all things that were never legal to begin with.

Bill Blair is a former police chief (the same that allowed all the civil rights abuses during the G20 protests in Toronto) that holds a Crown Cabinet position. He takes home a salary of more than a quarter million dollars paid for by our taxes, and this is the quality of work he puts out?! How is that acceptable to anyone regardless of political leaning? He and every politician that signed off on this have no respect for the offices they hold. Start paying attention and hold them to account!

Last edited by JD像; 05-03-2020 at 09:10 PM.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:23 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
This is an incredibly lazy position to take and shows blind trust in your elected officials with no critical thinking whatsoever.

The fact that these laws won't change a thing for criminals and wouldn't have prevented the tragedy in NS aside... you realize the Liberal government just implemented law based on a list they found on the internet right? They copied and pasted without doing any proofreading! The list of freshly banned firearms includes websites, a locksmith business, and a fucking Facebook group. There's also no rhyme or reason to the list as it includes some shotguns, bolt-action rifles, old school rim fire, and more. Actual military weaponry like mortars, anti-tank and aircraft launchers, recoilless rifles, rocket-propelled grenades... these were all things that were never legal to begin with.

Bill Blair is a former police chief (the same that allowed all the civil rights abuses during the G20 protests in Toronto) that holds a Crown Cabinet position. He takes home a salary of more than a quarter million dollars paid for by our taxes, and this is the quality of work he puts out?! How is that acceptable to anyone regardless of political leaning? He and every politician that signed off on this have no respect for the offices they hold. Start paying attention and hold them to account!
This is not a knee jerk reaction to the N.S. shooting. This was a campaign promise. This should not be a surprise to anyone who follows politics.

Some of the guns banned.