REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:51 AM   #226
The sound of inevitability

Retarded liberals gonna do retarded liberal shit.

Sorry for your less, neighbors.
Advertisement

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #227
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,416 Times in 5,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
This is not a knee jerk reaction to the N.S. shooting. This was a campaign promise. This should not be a surprise to anyone who follows politics.

Some of the guns banned.

So 83,000 of the M4 style variants

They cost a MINIMUM of $1000 for the cheapest Norinco made Chinese grade firearm.

83 million dollars to buy back these guns at the lowest price possible on the cheapest variant.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:45 AM   #228
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

They cost a MINIMUM of $1000 for the cheapest Norinco made Chinese grade firearm.

83 million dollars to buy back these guns at the lowest price possible on the cheapest variant.
Ya, I don't know why the government is paying either. They should just take them.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-04-2020, 09:47 AM   #229

Quote:
Ya, I don't know why the government is paying either. They should just take them.
If that was the case then the govt. will probably learn some hard lessons about trying to take private property from law abiding citizens. Even here in Canada that would result in some deaths.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:23 AM   #230
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
why were these even included in the list other than to pad numbers? lol...

and there are so many more than just these that make no sense..
also i found some models of AR platform that are not listed in the ban by name like the rest are...

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:35 AM   #231
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Chris Rock's gun control bit is more relevant than ever.

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2020, 11:00 AM   #232
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,357 Times in 976 Posts
He was at his prime...I loved his standup cause he's education, great setup and amazing flow...

the last one of him and divorced life was mehhh wasn't as RAW.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #233
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
had to look up this AT from the Soviets

twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #234

Thanked 8,969 Times in 3,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raid3n View Post
why were these even included in the list other than to pad numbers? lol...

and there are so many more than just these that make no sense..
also i found some models of AR platform that are not listed in the ban by name like the rest are...
That's what I've been asking too. A lot of people seem to be celebrating or getting pissed off without actually reading the list.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #235
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

the XCR's are like $3200 from what i was able to find online
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:06 PM   #236
I don't get it

Quote:
This is not a knee jerk reaction to the N.S. shooting. This was a campaign promise. This should not be a surprise to anyone who follows politics.
This absolutely was a knee-jerk reaction to the shooting. Their buyback legislation and grandfathering were not prepared and are not in place.

The rifles on the list make no sense either. The Beretta CX4? Just because it was used in the Dawson shootings... There are lots of other pistol carbines that are still legal.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2020, 01:14 PM   #237

Thanked 4,651 Times in 1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
had to look up this AT from the Soviets

A "Fagot" launcher? Somehow I pictured something different
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #238

Thanked 4,651 Times in 1,751 Posts
I'm totally confused here, so rocket launchers and bazookas were legal prior to this? That's hilarious. I can't imagine you could buy ammo for one, I thought grenades were illegal?

Either way I was out for a walk with a friend yesterday, and he raised a great point that someone else also did in this thread.

He posed "imagine if you were the family of the slain RCMP officer and the Prime Minister of the country did absolutely nothing to curb these weapons from being on the streets?".

You can't satisfy both sides to this argument, gun advocates will argue until they turn blue about losing their "rights" (since when did owning an assault rifle become a right anyways), either way, he ran on that promise, he was voted in on that promise, as such he's keeping his word. Isn't that what we want out of our elected officials?

I guarantee the guys complaining in this thread never voted for Trudeau in the first place.

The whole "these guns came from across the border" argument is also somewhat asinine to me. It's the same walking while chewing bubblegum argument. Who says the Feds won't attempt to clamp down further on limiting that aspect as well?

The irony here is if they did, you'll also be complaining, as that would result in deeper screenings and longer border lineups when crossing into Canada.

Pick your poison.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 02:16 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseman View Post
This absolutely was a knee-jerk reaction to the shooting. Their buyback legislation and grandfathering were not prepared and are not in place.

The rifles on the list make no sense either. The Beretta CX4? Just because it was used in the Dawson shootings... There are lots of other pistol carbines that are still legal.
Turd was called out this morning during his presser regarding clarity about the buyback program and grandfathering, and in typical turd fashion, had literally nothing to say.

Even with the little he did say, its obvious this was a knee-jerk and had little to no actual substance behind it other than a broad, uncalculated list of firearms.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:18 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I'm totally confused here, so rocket launchers and bazookas were legal prior to this? That's hilarious. I can't imagine you could buy ammo for one, I thought grenades were illegal?

Either way I was out for a walk with a friend yesterday, and he raised a great point that someone else also did in this thread.

He posed "imagine if you were the family of the slain RCMP officer and the Prime Minister of the country did absolutely nothing to curb these weapons from being on the streets?".

You can't satisfy both sides to this argument, gun advocates will argue until they turn blue about losing their "rights" (since when did owning an assault rifle become a right anyways), either way, he ran on that promise, he was voted in on that promise, as such he's keeping his word. Isn't that what we want out of our elected officials?

I guarantee the guys complaining in this thread never voted for Trudeau in the first place.

The whole "these guns came from across the border" argument is also somewhat asinine to me. It's the same walking while chewing bubblegum argument. Who says the Feds won't attempt to clamp down further on limiting that aspect as well?

The irony here is if they did, you'll also be complaining, as that would result in deeper screenings and longer border lineups when crossing into Canada.

Pick your poison.
One cop dies (who frankly seemed like more of PR figure than a well-trained officer of the law imo) and we need to spend 300-500 million to buy back guns that weren't involved in the killing

that makes sense?
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-04-2020, 02:25 PM   #241
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
^ to mikemhg post

With what your friend asked you while on your walk about how you would feel if you were a family member of the slain RCMP officer and the PM did nothing,

can we alter that a bit for arguments sake?

How would you feel if your family member or a friend died from an overdose?

The PM has done nothing for drug related deaths. The amount of fentanyl deaths from dealers knowingly selling it and absolutely nothing happening to them. Worst case scenario is they get caught and maybe serve 4 years in prison getting 3 warm meals a day and a free place to sleep before they're out on good behavior and back to their old ways.

Honest question, what irks you more?
a mass shooting once every few years killing 10-20 people or all the fentanyl related deaths each year that nobody seems to care about. Oh, Billy O.D'd? oh well we knew he used coke on weekends so he had it coming to him.

Which one is more likely to affect you, a loved one, or someone you know.

I've never voted for Trudeau and yes I'm one of the people complaining.
Like you said, you can't satisfy both sides.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2020, 02:38 PM   #242

Quote:
If that was the case then the govt. will probably learn some hard lessons about trying to take private property from law abiding citizens. Even here in Canada that would result in some deaths.
But I thought law-abiding gun owners would never hurt anybody? Thanks for proving why this law is necessary.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:40 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
^

Honest question, what irks you more?
a mass shooting once every few years killing 10-20 people or all the fentanyl related deaths each year that nobody seems to care about. Oh, Billy O.D'd? oh well we knew he used coke on weekends so he had it coming to him.

Which one is more likely to affect you, a loved one, or someone you know.

I've never voted for Trudeau and yes I'm one of the people complaining.
Like you said, you can't satisfy both sides.
Taking drugs is a choice. Getting shot while driving to work is not.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:03 PM   #244

Quote:
But I thought law-abiding gun owners would never hurt anybody? Thanks for proving why this law is necessary.
You’re advocating simply taking property which was legally purchased, never used for anything but it’s legal, law abiding purposes (which as pointed out above can START in the $3000 range) with zero restitution because of a knee-jerk reaction to an act perpetrated by illegally possessing firearms which may or may not have been stolen from the very govt. creating these laws?

Law abiding people do not generally commit these crimes, but this would be the equivalent of pouring a bucket of gas on an already stoked fire. There would be people in rural communities who already don’t have much and now you’re going to be literally ripping thousands of dollars worth of goods out of their hands? Good luck

And welcome to the block list, I can’t suffer your opinions any longer.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:04 PM   #245
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,858 Times in 8,216 Posts
Quote:

Sell them to America
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2020, 03:11 PM   #246

Quote:
You’re advocating simply taking property which was legally purchased, never used for anything but it’s legal, law abiding purposes (which as pointed out above can START in the $3000 range) with zero restitution because of a knee-jerk reaction to an act perpetrated by illegally possessing firearms which may or may not have been stolen from the very govt. creating these laws?

Law abiding people do not generally commit these crimes, but this would be the equivalent of pouring a bucket of gas on an already stoked fire. There would be people in rural communities who already don’t have much and now you’re going to be literally ripping thousands of dollars worth of goods out of their hands? Good luck

And welcome to the block list, I can’t suffer your opinions any longer.
Everyone is born a law-abiding citizen. At some point, a law-abiding citizen commits a crime and becomes a criminal. Saying law-abiding citizens don't commit crimes is like saying virgins don't have sex.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:56 PM   #247
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Taking drugs is a choice. Getting shot while driving to work is not.
Getting hit by a drunk driver isn't a choice either. Can I assume you'd back a law that bans alcohol as well?
DGN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGN23 View Post
Getting hit by a drunk driver isn't a choice either. Can I assume you'd back a law that bans alcohol as well?
Some types of alcohol are banned in Canada. You can't sell pre-packaged drinks with caffeine with alcohol mixed. The Canadian government is not banning all guns just certain types.

https://fourloko.com/faq/q-is-four-l...nned-in-canada

Company pulls products off shelves after a single death.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...old-in-canada/
Old 05-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #249
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGN23 View Post
You can’t argue with utter stupidity, Liberal voters and more-so Trudeau supporters are morons. I’m by no means a cons cheerleader and disagree with some of their policy, not to mention have voted Liberal more than Con in federal elections. However anyone who still supports JT, his incompetent cabinet of toads and their current policies needs a psych eval. This country is fucked.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
You can’t argue with utter stupidity, Liberal voters and more-so Trudeau supporters are morons. I’m by no means a cons cheerleader and disagree with some of their policy, not to mention have voted Liberal more than Con in federal elections. However anyone who still supports JT, his incompetent cabinet of toads and their current policies needs a psych eval. This country is fucked.
I guess majority of Canadian's are stupid because a majority of them voted left and wanted stricter gun laws.