REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 02-01-2021, 09:22 AM   #51
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
I think you guys know this already, but if you are ever involved in a car accident, no matter how minor it is, you can claim your car seats through ICBC

My most recent one was a minor fender in a parking lot where I was stationary, the person tried to forward stall park and scraped my rear bumper. Was able to replace 2 Diono RXT's

Over all since my first born until now, I've replaced 5 car seats through ICBC cause of accidents that weren't my fault
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #52
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
so you're the reason why our premiums keep going up.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2021, 12:10 AM   #53

For you guys with older toddlers, here's a decent car seat that you could chuck into multiple cars.

Evenflo Chase Car Seat @ Canadian Tire, on sale for $69.99

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/e...p.0466287.html
Quote:
Quote:
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2021, 12:18 AM   #54

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
As of Tuesday my boy is now crawling around!! He’s been on all fours rocking around for weeks! We thought he’s be crawling by Christmas but he was happy to just roll around everywhere. He already seems happier now, it’s hard to describe but I think he was getting frustrated with knowing he *could* be doing something, but didn’t quite know how to take that first step.

It’s fun being a dad so far
Old 02-05-2021, 06:55 AM   #55
Media Officer / MOD

Dude that's awesome! How old is he? I have no clue when things are suppose to happen LOL
Old 02-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #56

He just turned 9 months. But he was 5 weeks early so his “adjusted age” is just turning 8 months. Because that is confusing as hell I just ignore all of that.

Things will happen when they happen. No need to rush a baby to do things as long as you see progress
Old 02-05-2021, 10:25 AM   #57
Media Officer / MOD

lol I need my kid to start NOW!!!!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2021, 11:31 AM   #58
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
I think pretty much every kid is ahead in some things and behind in others. There's a lot to learn when you're new to everything. I have friends that compare to other kids and worry about every little thing which seems nuts to me. Unless my kids doctor is seriously worried about them missing a milestone, I don't worry about it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2021, 12:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I think pretty much every kid is ahead in some things and behind in others. There's a lot to learn when you're new to everything. I have friends that compare to other kids and worry about every little thing which seems nuts to me. Unless my kids doctor is seriously worried about them missing a milestone, I don't worry about it.
Agreed

Son is about to turn 5 years old, I was concerned about his speech development because it was slower compared to other kids. But now all of a sudden he's trying to negotiate with me with TV time and dinner time

Then there's my daughter that's turned 3 not too long ago and she's a stubborn little princess
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2021, 07:09 PM   #60
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
So true.

My son wouldn't self feed until after he hit 1 year old, all his friends were eating by themselves. The 1st time he grabbed a cookie from me and ate it I cried.

On the bright side, I didn't have to worry about him stuffing things he shouldn't into his mouth.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2021, 08:23 PM   #61
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
I think it's about time we have one of these here as we're all growing up (at least some of us) we have little ones running/crawling around let's share some of our best practices and help each other out.

I'm currently looking for a better video monitoring device. Purchased an Angel care before my kid was born and now that I'm using it I just find the viewing angle to suck. I have to find a way to mount it far enough away from him to see the entire crib.

I'm a little late to this thread, but the absolute BEST baby monitor is Dormi Android app installed on an old phone. For something like $10 it was unlimited use, could install it on any phone you wanted. Could monitor it simultaneously from either one of our phones. Since I have a wifi hotspot in my garage, I could monitor him from there with no range issues. A small phone is much simpler to pack than a whole monitor system with proprietary charger and stuff.
If we went on a trip and forgot his phone, we could just use one of ours as the child device.

When he was still a newborn we set it up on a tripod and used the camera to peek in. Later we just used audio only. The Dormi app boosts the mic gain on the phone and it's sensitive enough that it can pick up even the smallest little movements.

We were handed down one of those AngelCare units with the movement monitoring pad. We never ended up using it and sold it.

I boggles my mind why anyone would spend hundreds of dollars on one of these systems when a simple phone has all the capability built in.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #62

^ security. I'll gladly spend the $100 ours cost to know there's no way the video/audio feed and speaker in my kids room are connected to the internet.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2021, 06:59 AM   #63

Meh, if you want to be paranoid about that sort of thing. You do you.

But anyways, according to the software notes the monitoring session data is all encrypted:

Quote:
How secure is Dormi?
All communication (control, audio and video) is encrypted since version 3.0. Session encryption keys are derived from a master key exchanged during the pairing process, unique to each group of paired devices. No other device can decrypt transmitted data.

What encryption algorithms are used?
RSA with 4096 bit* keys is used for the pairing process, during which a secret symmetric master group key is exchanged. The RSA key pair is newly generated by the device after each pairing.
*It takes a few seconds for the RSA key pair to be generated. If the pairing process is started immediately after app installation, before key generation is completed, a 2048 bit key is used instead.

Chacha20 with 256 bit key along with Poly1305 for message authentication is used to secure control channel messages (now standardized as RFC7539). Audio and video data adheres to RFC3711 (Secure-RTP), but we have replaced "AES in Counter Mode" with Chacha20 and Poly1305 as well. These are preferred algorithms used by Google in Chrome on Android for its security and performance on mobile devices.

The master group secret key is salted anew every time a monitoring session is started, resulting in an ever-changing symmetric session key.

What's an "anti-tamper code"?
This code aims to prevent the so called "man in the middle" attack during the pairing process. Accept pairing requests only after validating the code is the same on both devices (the one requesting to join a group as well as the one receiving the request). It ensures the group encryption key is not accidently shared with a malicious party or an attacker.

In more technical terms: the anti-tamper code provides the functionality of the certification authority (CA) in the pairing process (PKI scheme), verifying the communicating parties' public keys.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Last edited by Great68; 02-10-2021 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:33 AM   #64
Media Officer / MOD

Ah I looked into apps before. The problem with using an old phone is the phone generally can't see at night all that well. With out IR blasters most baby monitors will be better.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:37 AM   #65

Yeah I mean sound only was more than adequate, we stopped using video after not too long. The tripod in the middle of the room was an annoyance.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 02-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Meh, if you want to be paranoid about that sort of thing. You do you.

But anyways, according to the software notes the monitoring session data is all encrypted:
Is it paranoia if it happens quite frequently? "Secure" systems are accessed all the time, and what most of those monitors use typically isn't very good to begin with.

I'm sure some out there are secure enough and stay that way, but rather than spend a bunch of time researching that and then staying on top of any news to find out if it has been breached (if you even hear about it) it's easier to just grab one that I know can't have those issues.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #67

To what end? Someone wants to hear a bunch of empty dead noise with the occasional rustling and crying?

Big deal.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 02-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #68
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
pearl jam music ran through my head back when i was shopping for car seats and saw evenflo...

that feeling when you can switch to a booster

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:12 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
To what end? Someone wants to hear a bunch of empty dead noise with the occasional rustling and crying?

Big deal.
Who knows for sure, but when in doubt, probably wacking off.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2021, 07:19 AM   #70
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Do any of you guy spank / discipline (not beat) your kids?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 07:30 AM   #71
Media Officer / MOD

kid is only 12 weeks old. I'll give him another week before I start.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #72
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Do any of you guy spank / discipline (not beat) your kids?
I will neither confirm or deny I've done that.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #73
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Sorry, I should have rephrased the question as I realized disciplining children is a touchy subject, especially when I asked if you spank/beat them lol

What I really meant to ask is, what are your feelings towards disciplining children? Growing up, we got the usual spanking or whipping from the famous Chinese feather duster if we misbehaved, and that often set us straight. There are a tonne of memes out there but I think a majority of us can relate.

As a kid, I resented my parents for beating my stupid ass, but now that I'm older, I'm glad they did because if they hadn't, I likely would have turned out to be a total shit head (and likely not posting on this forum.)

Any how, I'm not looking to out any parents here, but trying to get an idea of what your thoughts are on disciplining kids these days.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:27 PM   #74
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I believe in it, although I am probably the only one among my peers including my wife.

It really does depend on a lot of factors like the personality of the child, reasons that warrant spanking, timing, age, frequency. To clarify, I mean spanking and NOT beating. I think some kids respond positively to spanking while with others it will create serious negative psychological effects. For the right kid, it should be an option (really as a last resort) and for outright defiance after forewarning.

Both my wife and I were spanked as children and with the usual implements - flip flops, sticks, kitchen utensils, Hot Wheels track, etc. We both reflect back on it differently. I, like Dukes think it set me straight while my wife believes it impacted her confidence and inability to speak up presently.

One thing is for sure, both our parents deny having spanked us. At most they will down play the "instances". Typical.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #75

My brother and I never had a finger laid on us, but to be fair we were pretty good kids. The older I get I realize how unnaturally drama-free my family and extended family is.

I think using spanking for regular discipline isn’t necessary, but that’s just the way I grew up. I don’t know how my boy will be, I don’t know who I will be in a few years, who knows what stuff he might get in to. Sometimes a boy needs the reset button hit (the back of the head) to smarten up.

In other news, my boy last night started pulling himself up and standing on his own. Exciting!! Now that he crawls around he has no interest in his toys, he just wants to explore and be held