REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 03-16-2021, 05:22 PM   #51
mc.
RS controls my life!

Any idea how to remove this screw? It is being blocked by the window hinge. Trying to take it out to allow the window to open more.

Advertisement
mc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:27 PM   #52
G
Banned (BBM)

Currently living in an apartment with Central Air, one room is a bit smaller so whenever the heat is on it gets stuff whereas the larger areas such as living and master are cold. Anyone have any solutions or ideas? Was thinking of changing out the vent to something that I can open and close to push the flow to other areas?
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:53 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Installed the Panasonic bathroom fans and a few of the Legrand Adorne collection switches. So awesome.
How many cfm did you end up using? Are those switches what hipsters are using these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc. View Post
Any idea how to remove this screw? It is being blocked by the window hinge. Trying to take it out to allow the window to open more.

[IMG].. [/IMG]
Is there a cleaning mode on your window? It might open it up more to let you remove the screw.

Need a bit of help from you guys/girls.
I'm prepping the wall for wall mount tv and want to put wires in the wall before I put up my drywall. What should I put? I don't know what I'm connecting to my tv yet for my final setup. Also not sure if I'll be able to leave string in the wall to fish wires in the future because all the wires won't be in the same studs.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #54
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
How many cfm did you end up using? Are those switches what hipsters are using these days?
I ended up getting one that's 150 CFM and it works quite well. I love the timer switch that we got so no need to worry about ever leaving it on or anything since it's timed. The 150 CFM is a huge improvement over the POS Nutone or Broan or whatever was in there before. It really pulls the air through the door and pulls up all the moisture no problem.

I'm not sure if this is what hipsters use these days seeing as I'm not one, although another member on here would know better. Username is TOS'd.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:20 PM   #55
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
No matter what cables you run, at some point they'll be out of date or you'll need another. You can run plastic conduit, which fits a few cables, but you may want to run more than one. Are you crossing studs at all or is it straight down?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:47 PM   #56

Quote:
I ended up getting one that's 150 CFM and it works quite well. I love the timer switch that we got so no need to worry about ever leaving it on or anything since it's timed. The 150 CFM is a huge improvement over the POS Nutone or Broan or whatever was in there before. It really pulls the air through the door and pulls up all the moisture no problem.

I'm not sure if this is what hipsters use these days seeing as I'm not one, although another member on here would know better. Username is TOS'd.
What was the recommended cfm using your contractor equation? I have no moisture issues either but air flow is quite large and it can get cold if I'm sitting on the throne too long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
No matter what cables you run, at some point they'll be out of date or you'll need another. You can run plastic conduit, which fits a few cables, but you may want to run more than one. Are you crossing studs at all or is it straight down?
Crossing quite a few studs. If you go back to my fireplace pic on page 2, I'm thinking of running the wires down and to the left of the fireplace.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:37 AM   #57

What's below that room?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 04-03-2021, 06:53 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
What's below that room?
Basement living room with a similar fireplace setup.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:46 AM   #59
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
I'm in the process of ripping down and replacing all my fascia and gutters, they were getting rotten and though you never want to have to spend the $20k for an item that appears to make no difference, if you let water seep up into your rafters, it is a much steeper bill.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #60
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
What was the recommended cfm using your contractor equation? I have no moisture issues either but air flow is quite large and it can get cold if I'm sitting on the throne too long.

Crossing quite a few studs. If you go back to my fireplace pic on page 2, I'm thinking of running the wires down and to the left of the fireplace.
i assume you're not going to cross the fireplace vent - i agree with underscore, throw in a conduit, flexible (ENT) is easiest. 1" or 1.25" minimum.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #61
RS Veteran

Quote:
We ended up using my contractor recommended L x W x H (in feet) x 0.13 = minimum CFM. It worked out be pretty much dead on 150 CFM and the air it pulls in gets pretty cold.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 04-03-2021, 11:02 PM   #62
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Currently removing some outdated popcorn ceiling in my place. Going at it room by room so I don't have a war zone of a place and can tackle it slower but at a pace that fits our schedule.
1 of the rooms was a breeze to take of, sand, prime and paint. Room I'm on right now, not so much. There were several gouges in the drywall that need patch jobs that I filled up and sanded down to make it all smooth and even. Primer went on and it looked fine. Put on a cost of paint a day later and the spots that were patched up are sticking out like a sore thumb. Flashing is what I'm told.

Solutions? I don't want to do a second coat and hope it sorts itself out only to end up being a waste of time. Luckily its on a small bathroom ceiling and not a living room/dining room ceiling.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #63
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
can you skim/blend in those gauge spots?

IMO imperfections in a smooth ceiling finish are easily highlighted by by light & shadows. since it's a small bathroom, if you can hide/blend light/shadows i think that will help (even casting of light so fewer shadows casted on uneven surfaces).

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:04 AM   #64

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
How deep is the hole? If it’s fairly deep fill the cavity up with somthing just to take up some space could be paper towel etc. So you don’t have to pump a shot load of silicon in thereOR just buy a large tube of white silicone and keep filling until it’s over flowing. Then use a razor blade etc. And scrape the top of the hole until it’s flush with the rest of the floor. Let it set for 3 day or so until it’s no longer tacky and it won’t hold dust etc
Why don't you try adding another transition piece on top of it going full length left to right. Silicone around the transition.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:49 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Why don't you try adding another transition piece on top of it going full length left to right. Silicone around the transition.
Looks like the current transition piece is under the door frame. Filling the gap as is is definitely the easier route when compared to redoing pieces.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:11 PM   #66
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
backyard kept getting flooded with standing water...poor drainage ... so it was just a waste as you couldn't get any enjoyment out of it.

soooo.... $3000 later....CEMENT DAT BITCH.

the concrete is slightly angled both ways to facilitate water drainage when it rains... solve my issue!!!! plus MASSIVE PATIO PARTY!!!!!

FLOODED YARD VIDEO:

CONCRETE:

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:17 PM   #67

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Who the hell built your house? Is it new? Definitely shouldn't have draining issues like that if done properly.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:44 AM   #68
RS Veteran

I recall he posted about this issue a while back.

Old 05-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #69

Quote:
I recall he posted about this issue a while back.
I think his fix at the time was throwing the gravel down.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #70
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Quote:
I think his fix at the time was throwing the gravel down.
yup gravel didnt do jack.... the flooding could be a number of factors apparently..i.e. soil type... poor drainage...shitty landscapers.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:40 PM   #71
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I hope the house has a perimeter drain, it has to. Otherwise it's going to eventually have water in the basement. I wouldn't have put cement there. But now that it's done you should dig out all around and see if there is maybe a blocked drainage pipe that can be cleaned out. If you don't see anything it's not too late to run some perforated drainage and connect to the perimeter drain or out to the storm drains. I'd get a pro in to check it before you have issues.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2021, 07:22 PM   #72
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Boss gave me a lawnmower after I got a warning from bylaw. Never have I ever mowed the lawn in my life (first house) this shit is hard work. And how do people have those picture perfect lawns? How low/high should it be? Do I look it up in the bylaws? There needs to be a first time house owner guide somewhere LOL

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:14 PM   #73

it's a shitload easier if you stay on top of it lol. just leave the mower at medium height and do it a couple times a week and you'll be fine.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #74
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Those beautiful golf course lawns are really flat. I've levelled out my lawn a bit by mulching the last few years. A tip for less yardwork, keep it wall to wall grass, forget about flower gardens and paver stones. And keep your mower blade sharp.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #75
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
So I took possession of the new place and I'm getting ready to go to ham on the kitchen...

But what do people do with the old wood paneling? I know the old cabinets can be posted on Craigslist and people will buy it or haul it away.

Same with the flooring I guess - do people buy older laminate flooring?
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote