REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 07:28 PM   #1001
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Like coaching staff and GM change?
Absolutely.
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2021, 07:30 PM   #1002
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Canucks so good.............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:49 PM   #1003
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,904 Posts
Who goes first ... Green or Benning?
Old 11-11-2021, 08:15 PM   #1004
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Coach. Hard to build a team when your top 6 and pp suck balls.
Old 11-11-2021, 09:15 PM   #1005
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Tucker pool man. Using stick to hit Avs player
Old 11-11-2021, 09:28 PM   #1006
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
That was fucking embarrassing to say the least

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 11-11-2021, 11:31 PM   #1007
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I assumed Avs was a top team like in the past couple of years.
I was like, shit, so this is what's it like to play against a cup contending team.

Then I looked at the standings and realized Avs are near the bottom right now..

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 11-11-2021, 11:33 PM   #1008
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Who goes first ... Green or Benning?
Definitely Green. Immediate results could happen.

It's too late for a new GM to make any changes now.
And honestly, on paper, Canucks really shouldn't be THIS bad.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2021, 12:25 AM   #1009
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I assumed Avs was a top team like in the past couple of years.
I was like, shit, so this is what's it like to play against a cup contending team.

Then I looked at the standings and realized Avs are near the bottom right now..

There's only so much you can overcome when Pavel Francouz (currently injured) and Darcy Kuemper are your goaltending tandem.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:48 AM   #1010
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
honestly, at this point, i'd like to see green go. this is mainly because once the new coach fails, it's benning next to be fired.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2021, 06:02 AM   #1011

How did Green get this bad so fast? Lost the room? Didn't he just get extension on his contract?
Old 11-12-2021, 07:31 AM   #1012
Performance Moderator

I really like Green, I find him affable and capable... I think he has a good demeanour and he obvioiusly knows the game and has respect.

However, like every single coach we've ever had, many people will disagree with some of his personnel decisions... and I think (just my own view) that he goes way too easy on the stars and way too hard on the n00bs.

I mean, how many fucked cross-ice passes or dumps to the point does JT Miller have to make until he's parked for a period once in awhile? How listless can Petey play before he's parked for a period? But then you get a guy like Rathbone made 1 bad pass a couple games before he was demoted and he sat for a whole period after... or Podkolzin angles a breakout wrong and he doesn't play another shift in the game.

Heck I'll even throw Lammikko in there, the guy has played every single game for us since he was traded here and I can't honestly tell you what he does. Yes I realize he is the 4th line centre and he's on the penalty kill... but other than seeing him whiff on a couple open nets I have zero idea what value he adds to the team over someone else that could play in that spot, yet he's consistently out there every single game. I hate it when coaches have these inexplicable affections for certain players that usually end up taking them to their own graves.

It's kind of annoying to watch, like a teacher playing favourites all the time. If you're on that team, it must be infuriating to watch (sorry to pick on Miller but he's the most convenient example) someone like Miller get 30 minutes of ice time a game, yes I realize he is on almost a ppg pace, but he also drops backchecks, gives the puck up in astonishingly bad ways at least 3 times a game and openly belittles teammates who fuck things up / don't convert his passes. Any 1 of those things done with any regularity would be an AHL demotion for half the guys sitting there watching, but 2 minutes later Miller's back over the boards again on a free pass. That's a bad culture being generated.

This team has always had way too many players on it where you expect them to do absolutely nothing every shift except not get scored on while the top 2 lines rest. That's not a complete hockey team.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2021, 08:04 AM   #1013
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
That's not a complete hockey team.
They talked about it on the radio this morning and I was thinking the same thing.

The team was ok till covid struck and then everything went to shits.
Did something happen in the room and now there is bad blood?

Holtby's comments about 1 1/2 years in Vancouver felt like 4 years.
Nate Schmidt wanting out after 1 season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2021, 08:54 AM   #1014
Performance Moderator

Even Dickinson was like the BIG signing in the off season... going to come in and revolutionize the 3rd line and allow Horvat to play more offense.

He seems like a decent guy. I've seen him take some ownership of bad play/games... but his stat line is pretty fucking bad. Even worse when you consider he was signed to almost the same cap hit as Pearson... and even Pearson didn't deserve that money.

Here's Dickinson's season stats:
Games played: 12
Goals: 1
Assists: 0
PIM: 4 minutes
Shots: 15

Are you fucking kidding me? 1 points in 12 games? 15 shots in 12 games? No assists?????

The fuck is the guy even doing out there and he takes a REGULAR shift. Very regular!'

Anyone else would be in Abby with that stat line. It's ridiculous. But here he is at $2.7M AAV.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:12 AM   #1015
My homepage has been set to RS

You do have to wonder why Nate Schmidt wanted out... and was even willing to go to Winnipeg so he was out of Vancouver. Maybe there is a bad locker room culture that we don't know about. Hard to say on a daily basis. It doesn't seem like the players are putting it all on the line for each other game in and game out.

Look at the Whitecaps. Brought in Sartini and they went from worst in the West to making the playoffs. Crazy what a new voice in the room can do. I think Green is OK, and he is a nice guy, but there is NO WAY he is getting the most out of this group. That is why I am surprised that Benning re-signed him back in May.

Right now this team can't defend and can't score goals. Doesn't matter if Demko stands on his head, it will be another long season if this continues.
Old 11-12-2021, 10:03 AM   #1016
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
That is why I am surprised that Benning re-signed him back in May.
I mean it's DimJim. We shouldnt be surprised at all except if he makes a good signing lol
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2021, 03:42 PM   #1017
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I get that people want answers, but the coach is usually the last one to blame unless the players are actually not trying, or the system itself is broken.

I started watching again in the 2019 playoff run, and I've seen that Green's system has shown it can get them into the playoffs and win some games. But the roster hasn't improved since then, and players who were good are now bad for some reason. Is it suddenly because of the coach?

I think teams need leaders on the roster, it's as important as good coaching. I think if anything, losing Tanev was such a huge deal.. He was so important to the locker room, and while he was replaced by a capable defenseman, the culture just isn't the same anymore.

I don't think Tanev was so important that the team sucks now, but it's "that kind of thing" that adds up and leads to bad performance on the ice. More than having the same coach for too many years IMO.

I think just overall, fans are too quick to jump on the coaches. Ravens fans are going out of their minds right now, wanting to fire all the coaches after one bad game, despite the team being one of the best in the AFC... They are going after it way more than you guys are, but I think the scenario is similar. There's many reasons a team plays bad, and usually "bad coaching" is a lot more apparent than this.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #1018
Performance Moderator

If you watch the Colorado game all the way through… it’s the non-response and give up attitude after the first period… that’s what has people talking… a bad period or a bad game doesn’t get a coach fired, but when the players all look like they don’t care or aren’t listening anymore and even pride isn’t motivating them it’s close to game over cuz they obviously aren’t buying what he’s selling.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #1019
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Also why don’t you just start collapsing back defensively when you’re always on your heels..

Like do somthing different. If it’s this philosophy that this strategy will work out in the end obviously when you are falling behind in the standings you have to make adjustments.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:34 PM   #1020
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
If you watch the Colorado game all the way through… it’s the non-response and give up attitude after the first period… that’s what has people talking… a bad period or a bad game doesn’t get a coach fired, but when the players all look like they don’t care or aren’t listening anymore and even pride isn’t motivating them it’s close to game over cuz they obviously aren’t buying what he’s selling.
I've caught most of the games and that's my conclusion too. Something is wrong with the locker room and a lot of players are just going through the motions. I really wonder what happened to Holtby and Shmidt.
It's too difficult to change the players, so that means that Green has to go by default. But something has to change to shock the current group.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:44 PM   #1021
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
We'll see I guess... Sometimes it is the coach, but more often than not they're a scapegoat for an actually bad roster or a toxic locker room.

I don't think Miller is a very good teammate.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #1022
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

If the Canucks loose to Vegas and then the Ducks...Green is done
Old 11-12-2021, 07:43 PM   #1023
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Thing is, we aren't being quick to jump on management. It's been 8 years of this with the only glimmer of hope being good draft picks and a short playoff run in 2019. Benning himself said he hoped to have this team contending in 4-5 years when he started. EIGHT fucking years and THIS is what we have. We are maxed out on the cap and not even scraping by. Something is wrong.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
If the Canucks loose to Vegas and then the Ducks...Green is done
Uh ... that's a very high probability that they will lose to these 2 teams.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:01 AM   #1025
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,174 Times in 2,407 Posts
It's Petey's birthday and they had a few days break in Vegas. What could go wrong?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Closed Thread