REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 08:59 AM   #1076
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Maybe season tickets owners ... tickets already bought, etc. Hard if you spent like $250 to walk away from that.

Maybe we should give Alex Burrows a try along with Kevin Bieska (good analysis). Burrows apparently is doing well in Montreal as assistant. And put Luongo as GM ... hell, isn't he still on Canucks payroll ... haha.
Lu ain't leaving florida...bieksa doing a good gig for tv.

burr and manny i would say.

but this is more of a team issue. everyone is so passive...no aggression..nobody is hitting. we need a guy like ferland.
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #1077
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
I prefer not... No more newbie coaches pls.

Bringing in ex-Canucks just looks even more like a PR stunt.
Let's try to actually win games, not just temporarily sell more tickets.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 11-15-2021 at 10:34 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #1078
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

They seem to have a thing against hiring Veteran Coaches after Torts. Possibly to have a younger coach to better "connect" with the young players, which gave Green the nod as he coached the young guys in Utica
Old 11-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #1079
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Green wants his team to be a hardworking team, thats hard to play against, that is really strong on the puck. Basically he likes guys with high end motors that cant put the puck in the net. Our special teams have been a disaster this season, especially the penalty kill. I truly believe our defensive structure/system is a complete joke. Last year i believe we gave up the most breakaways in the league(heard the announcer mention this) and this season we give up soo many odd man rushes i wouldnt be surprised if were first in that too. It doesnt help that we dont put our players in a position to succeed. Boeser one of the best shooters on the team........ lets put him in front of the net on the PP...... I believe Green has lost the room already, and his speeches are terrible. Doesnt motivate me hearing it.
100%. He wants what Benning first designed the team as... a team of grinders. Dump the puck in and chase (hence why offensive guys like Pettersson have no support trying to get into the zone, his linemates are not in position for a pass nor are they supporting the play). Safe plays only, keep the puck on the outside. Shoot the puck from the outside, aim for a tip/rebound.

Hoglander's goal last night showed everything wrong with our system. The only play we had success? A player said fuck the system, carried the puck in with speed down the middle and took a shot.

What I find incredible is the play of Garland over the last few games. He was buzzing around, making creative plays, taking chances. Then he got benched and over the last few games he's played as listless as every other Canuck.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2021, 11:59 AM   #1080
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Every time I see this thread bumped I come in hoping it’s some firing news
Old 11-15-2021, 03:34 PM   #1081
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,393 Times in 5,088 Posts
Bumping to excite Hondaracer
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2021, 04:03 PM   #1082
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
nah nah the canucks just needs to retire more jerseys and have more retro jerseys

shit team shit coach shit players shit city shit fans
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2021, 04:11 PM   #1083
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,896 Posts
K, what's the over and under on who goes first ... Benning or Green?
Old 11-15-2021, 04:37 PM   #1084

Thanked 4,557 Times in 1,708 Posts
Does anyone have any interesting insider info about the Canucks? I've always heard anecdotal stories from a friend who worked in head office, and among others about the toxic environment, staff that are there simply for a pay cheque, etc.

I've never really seen anything concrete reported about this in the media outside of maybe a random non-mainstream article.

It just always seems that this team fucking sucks, it's been that way the majority of my life outside of our 2011 run. It seems like players hate coming here, and that we can never attract talent, etc.

This team seems like its always had a dark cloud over its head, and I've always wanted to wonder why? Is it ownership, shitty fans, the city itself, wtf is it

Vancouver sports just notoriously sucks all around, what is in the water here?
Old 11-15-2021, 04:44 PM   #1085

I wouldn't doubt it, just look at their IG. Terrible analogies and the thought put into "graphics" is so bland.
Old 11-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #1086

Canadian market.

In 2011 and the few years prior it was a destination to come snd players were taking pay cuts to come or to stay here. In those years leading up to 2011 my dad knew a guy who was basically head of PR and customer relations and people seemed to love working for them then

Definitely feels like there’s been a shift since
Old 11-15-2021, 05:32 PM   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Does anyone have any interesting insider info about the Canucks? I've always heard anecdotal stories from a friend who worked in head office, and among others about the toxic environment, staff that are there simply for a pay cheque, etc.

I've never really seen anything concrete reported about this in the media outside of maybe a random non-mainstream article.

It just always seems that this team fucking sucks, it's been that way the majority of my life outside of our 2011 run. It seems like players hate coming here, and that we can never attract talent, etc.

This team seems like its always had a dark cloud over its head, and I've always wanted to wonder why? Is it ownership, shitty fans, the city itself, wtf is it

Starts at the top with ownership.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2021, 06:13 PM   #1088
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:

Maybe Kevin Weekes has some info?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2021, 07:13 PM   #1089
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:

Its not just canucks. Its the whole Canadian teams. Last Canadian team to win the cup was back in 1993. As for talent, I think Edmonton is worst off then us. How many first round picks did that team get, and they still couldn't do anything with it. Now they got Mc David, but his career might be like the sedins. No cup.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2021, 07:39 PM   #1090
Performance Moderator

If the Oilers had singed Markstrom, they'd be going for a cup... Smith and Koskinen aren't good enough.

Even their defense is great now... and Poolparty is finally arrived...

They're literally a good goaltender away from a cup especially if the refs actually start making some calls against teams who are obstructing McDavid.

Worse off than us? I don't think so... all they need is a goalie and the refs to do their job... the Canucks don't have a proper defense and the makings of maybe 2 solid forward lines. We are WAY farther off than the Oilers IMO.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2021, 04:47 AM   #1091

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
Its not just canucks. Its the whole Canadian teams. Last Canadian team to win the cup was back in 1993. As for talent, I think Edmonton is worst off then us. How many first round picks did that team get, and they still couldn't do anything with it. Now they got Mc David, but his career might be like the sedins. No cup.
lol...Puff puff pass man, stop babysitting that good shit!
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2021, 07:19 AM   #1092
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,978 Times in 1,896 Posts
Out of the list of HHOF inductees, any surprises?

Jerome Igninla, Marian Hossa, Kevin Lowe, Doug Wilson, Kim St-Pierre, & Ken Holland
Old 11-16-2021, 08:08 AM   #1093
Performance Moderator

I’m never sure about the GM’s tbh…. But the players no argument there, especially St. Pierre… 3 Olympic gold medals
Old 11-16-2021, 10:29 AM   #1094
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Never liked any Flames players, but I've always loved Iggy. One of the classiest players to ever play the game.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2021, 10:59 AM   #1095
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Never liked any Flames players, but I've always loved Iggy. One of the classiest players to ever play the game.
Agreed, played hard, fierce competitor. Will never forget how Iginla called the rest of his team back to the ice to congratulate Linden in his last game.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2021, 11:06 AM   #1096

That moment he won me over but TBH I've never really disliked him.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:08 AM   #1097
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Agreed, played hard, fierce competitor. Will never forget how Iginla called the rest of his team back to the ice to congratulate Linden in his last game.
That and how he would fight anyone. Never backed down from a fight to stick up for a teammate.

I love Bo, but he's seemed to have lost a bit of that fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-16-2021, 11:20 AM   #1098

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...nning-tuesday/

Are heads rolling or what??
Old 11-16-2021, 11:57 AM   #1099

I don’t really have a big issue with the aqualinis ownership in general.

But what’s going to be really gross is if we get pounded on Wednesday in another lackluster performance, and everyone in the arena starts chanting for Bennings head, and THEN sonthing changes

You shouldn’t be making moves based on the fans chanting sonthing like they did with Gillis etc. it’s pathetic
Old 11-16-2021, 12:26 PM   #1100
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Says it won't be about a change of position...at the GM level? So does that mean coaching staff is fair game?
Closed Thread