REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 05:44 PM   #1201
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,408 Times in 5,094 Posts
Team is playing complete dog shit

Except Podkolzin… and Demko is doing what he can
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2021, 06:17 PM   #1202
Need to Seek Professional Help

Did someone mention the last 19 games were against easy teams? Lol. They going to be playing more difficult teams in the future.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #1203
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
According two these two rankings, the Canucks have one of the easiest schedules from now on

Have to play Florida twice, Carolina twice, and Calgary 4 times
Old 11-24-2021, 08:22 PM   #1204
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Why has no one, specifically Green, been fired yet? I've been waiting for him to get fired for 3 seasons now.
Old 11-24-2021, 08:26 PM   #1205
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
The team hasn't actually started playing lazy until after the covid outbreak...

Coaching has been fine (actually good) until now, and if people want an answer to why they suck, 'bad coaching' is always the first guess for fans

It might be, it might not be,.. I think it goes deeper. But when you have people unironically saying they want to bring Torts back... Yikers!
Old 11-24-2021, 08:40 PM   #1206
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
If Green does get fired on the road trip, I hope Benning will pay for the taxi to the airport ... or at least give him a ride if JB is on road trip with the team.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:37 PM   #1207
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
Yes Benning has not been great to put together the back end, but the forwards have potential.

I figured the Canucks wouldn't be great, but I can't imagine them being THIS bad... Petey, Miller, Boeser, Hughes, miller, Garland, Hogs, podz. That is a much better group than many previous rosters that have played significantly better than this group.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2021, 10:09 PM   #1208
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/canucks/com...d_if_everyone/
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:26 AM   #1209

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
JT Miller is a "glue guy" for the team. He helps bring about unity within the team.

Remember the player lineups that Miller announced during the 2019-2020 playoffs in the Edmonton bubble? He would rally up the team when Green asked Miller to make the starting line announcements before playoff games with his funny remarks.

If JT is silent and just muttering "I don't know" as an answer in response to a reporter question team unity, you know that there are huge divisions in the locker room.

The team is divided now. There are different factions in the team for quite some time. This is the impression that I am getting from Miller.

This team is not playing for each other, and definitely not responding to Coach Green and his assistants.

Where are the gritty players that show up to play every night on this team??

As a longtime Canucks fan since 1982, it's been hard watching this team play. This current team has all the talent, offensive skill with Petey, Hughes, Boeser, and Miller. They made so many mistakes in many of their games this season that even with Demko in the net they are losing games badly. Demko can't bail this team, night in and night out.

All this talent on this team but no heart. -very sad to see what has happened to this team.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:58 AM   #1210

Did Petey catch the Loui virus? After signing big contract ... then somehow you suck?

The signing was not on Benning ... if he didn't sign Petey, the fan base would be up in arms. He signs him and all of a sudden he took the baton from Loui!
Old 11-25-2021, 09:05 AM   #1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Did Petey catch the Loui virus? After signing big contract ... then somehow you suck?

The signing was not on Benning ... if he didn't sign Petey, the fan base would be up in arms. He signs him and all of a sudden he took the baton from Loui!

-not sure what is wrong with Petey's game now. Is it all because of lack of concentration, or lack of belief in his game?

John Garrett made an interesting observation in the loss to Colorado at home a couple of weeks ago.

When he sees Petey on the ice, there is no speed in his game now. Petey just glides on the ice. His feet are not moving during large parts of his shifts on the ice.

Sometimes Petey is hesitant to shoot the puck too on 5 on 5 play and on the PP.

I don't see any confidence coming from Petey now.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:10 AM   #1212
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
A huge fear for me is that petey actually isn’t as good as we thought he was.

It’s not likely that someone can show the brilliance he has in the past and just wilter away, but man, if that’s the case, we’re fucked
Old 11-25-2021, 10:07 AM   #1213
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Realistically, the only move they have is fire the coaching staff to try and salvage the season.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:12 AM   #1214

Old 11-25-2021, 10:55 AM   #1215

Thomas Drance just went on a 10 minute rant on the radio that was spot on, basically blasting the organization top bottom

Giving green an extension because he won games when the playoffs had already started and they blew their lottery pick

Giving Benning an extension after making the Miller deal basically rewarding a last ditch effort to keep your job.

Both moves completely ass backward.

Then you look at how Tanev, Markstrom, and Toffoli were handled and all but forgotten by dim Jim with even him admitting “we can out of time” and those players coming out saying negotiations almost didn’t take place

8 years in charge with 1 playoff appearance for Benning, 5 years of coaching with 1 playoff entrance with Green.

This is completely fucked. Ownership needs to man up and overhaul this shit completely. You cannot let Benning make another coaching hire. This season is basically a write off so you better be deep in your search for management replacement as well as hiring a competent hockey operations guy. This is becoming literally unwatchable. Like, I’ll go to a game to go stand in the concourse and shoot the shit but the excitement for the on-ice product is all but gone.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:10 AM   #1216
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Realistically, the only move they have is fire the coaching staff to try and salvage the season.
Yup. What pasta rocket said if the team is divided and they are not playing for the coaches and each other then its a done deal.

But you know at the end of the day the real Losers are the fans. The suckers that pay thousands of dollars for seasons tickets. So Aqua man really gotta do something to get the players what they want.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2021, 11:13 AM   #1217

I agree 100 percent. The buck stops with Aquaman.

When you hear fans chanting "Sell the team! Sell the team!" inside the arena after yet another home game loss, the owner needs to do something FAST to save the season.

Clean house. New GM. New Coach.

The big question is what viable GM and coaching candidates are available now to hire to save this franchise?

Which candidates for GM and coach would be best for this team? Who would want to manage and coach this team now?
Old 11-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #1218
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
I agree 100 percent. The buck stops with Aquaman.

When you hear fans chanting "Sell the team! Sell the team!" inside the arena after yet another home game loss, the owner needs to do something FAST to save the season.

Clean house. New GM. New Coach.

The big question is what viable GM and coaching candidates are available now to hire to save this franchise?

Which candidates for GM and coach would be best for this team? Who would want to manage and coach this team now?
Honestly, I'd give Mike Gillis a call.

Aquaman would never do it though.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 11-25-2021, 11:51 AM   #1219

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Honestly...can't put blame anywhere. Canucks went from a talentless but hardworking team years ago to this plenty of talent but beer league effort of a team.

Like fucking Petey...what the fuck are you doing? Boeser?

Bo been bitching about his wingers all these years and now he has garland or hoglander or hell even dickonson, pearson.

No hustle on this team.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:23 PM   #1220

If you're playing hard like Miller and see your teammates glide around the ice ... doesn't that cause tension in the locker room?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2021, 12:28 PM   #1221
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Yes that does.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:30 PM   #1222

Always signing these bottom end bums like Dickinson etc who never amount to anything
Old 11-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #1223
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
If you're playing hard like Miller and see your teammates glide around the ice ... doesn't that cause tension in the locker room?
Miller is the biggest loser in all of this.

In the prime years of his career, playing some of the best hockey of his life and seeing all the talent on the team being wasted.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:56 PM   #1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Thomas Drance just went on a 10 minute rant on the radio that was spot on, basically blasting the organization top bottom

Giving green an extension because he won games when the playoffs had already started and they blew their lottery pick

Giving Benning an extension after making the Miller deal basically rewarding a last ditch effort to keep your job.

Both moves completely ass backward.

Then you look at how Tanev, Markstrom, and Toffoli were handled and all but forgotten by dim Jim with even him admitting “we can out of time” and those players coming out saying negotiations almost didn’t take place

8 years in charge with 1 playoff appearance for Benning, 5 years of coaching with 1 playoff entrance with Green.

This is completely fucked. Ownership needs to man up and overhaul this shit completely. You cannot let Benning make another coaching hire. This season is basically a write off so you better be deep in your search for management replacement as well as hiring a competent hockey operations guy. This is becoming literally unwatchable. Like, I’ll go to a game to go stand in the concourse and shoot the shit but the excitement for the on-ice product is all but gone.
To add to this list:

Leaving Troy Stecher up in the air while grasping at straws trying to sign Tyson Barrie, another D man who would have taken less to stay and was very serviceable

Signing known damaged goods Ferland, a complete disaster.

Signing Baertschi to a long term contract and burying him in the minors months later
Old 11-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #1225
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

How Benning/Chiarelli constructed the Bruins to win a cup is beyond me?? Yet both literally screwed up the Oilers and Canucks.
Closed Thread