REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Denim Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/520872-denim-thread.html)

aperfectcircle 03-03-2008 11:42 PM

Denim Thread

post your apc's, nudies, 45RPMs, dior's, PRPS...

collection-
APC NS
APC rescue
Nudie regular ralf
Boss selvedge raws (no idea what they're called but they're pretty nice)
Levi's 501

bcedhk 03-04-2008 10:25 AM

APC NS - good denim for under $150 shipped. slim straight fit. make sure you go size 2-3 down actual waist size cause they stretch mad

Burgus Lot 700- can only be bought at Hinoya in Japan. Great quality non-sleavage denim. 15OZ thread, deer patch, high quality chain stitching. I use this mainly for work and doing outdoor activies, and they are tough as hell

Edwin 500ZXX JPN edition- light denim, great for summer. Slevage and sanaforized. Straight fitment. Size down 1 (i learned my mistake of goign true size :(

random pairs of uniqlo jean from Japan- cheap denim for everyday use. less than 80 bucks for most of them. They offer emo fit, slim fit, straight fit, and boot cut.. I usually get the slim fit, as it usualy stretches out a bit to almost a straightish fit.. Indigo does not last long, but can be washed at least 5 times. Good fades off the factory.

Iron Heart 21OZ- the "bmw" of jeans. 21oz = stiff denim for great fades in the future. Everything is made perfect. Great jeans for winter time, keeps my legs warm and comfy!

LC21 03-04-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eddy89
APC NS - good denim for under $150 shipped. slim straight fit. make sure you go size 2-3 down actual waist size cause they stretch mad

Burgus Lot 700- can only be bought at Hinoya in Japan. Great quality non-sleavage denim. 15OZ thread, deer patch, high quality chain stitching. I use this mainly for work and doing outdoor activies, and they are tough as hell

Edwin 500ZXX JPN edition- light denim, great for summer. Slevage and sanaforized. Straight fitment. Size down 1 (i learned my mistake of goign true size :(

random pairs of uniqlo jean from Japan- cheap denim for everyday use. less than 80 bucks for most of them. They offer emo fit, slim fit, straight fit, and boot cut.. I usually get the slim fit, as it usualy stretches out a bit to almost a straightish fit.. Indigo does not last long, but can be washed at least 5 times. Good fades off the factory.

Iron Heart 21OZ- the "bmw" of jeans. 21oz = stiff denim for great fades in the future. Everything is made perfect. Great jeans for winter time, keeps my legs warm and comfy!

WoW you are rich.

LVC 47' 501 - Recently got these, 2 week straight wear. Buy these true to size, they fit really nice, with longer inseam?

STF 501 - they stretched a lot and it fits soo baggy now

Levi's Red- Cheap for its denim, fits really nice but i bought the wrong size T_T

Looking to get some APC NS... sooon i hope. :mad:

bcedhk 03-04-2008 03:12 PM

not rich, didnt buy them all in the same time, those jeans have been in my closet for 3 years now..

Have u tried doing a hot soak with the STF? they should be able to shrink a bit.

http://www.tobi.com/product/498-a-p-...o-denim-skinny

heres a good site to buy APC and other higher end / modern fashion items

LC21 03-04-2008 07:56 PM

wow i got into the denim game in september. everything i listed was copped within summer - march 08.

Apc now cost $155 on the official website T_T.. thats like 180 or so after shipping and maybe more after taxes.

kaitamasaki 03-05-2008 01:26 PM

APC NS - got washed and i guess its useless now
Samurai s0500xx - wearing for two months now but yet to see anything major coming up yet
Levis 501 STFs - just as backup

If there's anything I'll get next it'll probably something from Japan.

TRDood 03-05-2008 05:30 PM

Diesel Zathan 71J
Diesel Zathan 72H
Diesel Zathan (i don't know model#)
Diesel Zaf (i dont know model#)
Energie Stevenson
Energie Steven
Energie Slim Morris
Rock and Republic Henley?
True Religion Joeys Medium Vintage Wash

next on the list should be some Nudies, or more Energie

LC21 03-05-2008 07:19 PM

Anyone know anything about the Edwin japanese selvedge denim? I might get a pair of those, in washed form.

bcedhk 03-05-2008 10:13 PM

i have it, they are good quality. but is kinda light, so is more of a summer type jean. make sure you get a size down since the sanafozied jeans will stretch 1 size up..

kaitamasaki, you won't notice much with the sammi's until maybe month #6.. I had the same sammi's, worn about 3 times a day for 5 months before i started getting fades after 2nd wash... If you want quick result, go to the beach one day, dive around the sand lol.. Not joking, people actually go to the beach, dive around in the sand, and dip in the sea to get a wicked fade.

Sid Vicious 03-06-2008 01:03 PM

My .02

APC Rescues - Killer fit for the first couple of months, but slowly they stretched out a lil too big. Still fit pretty well but the leg openings a lil bit big IMO

Dior 19CM - By far my favourite pair of jean, perfect fitting. Low rise and tapered, slim but not ridiculously skinny. Very flattering

Wings + horns selvage: Should have really tried these on before I bought these they are wayyyy too tight in the thigh. theyre for sell if anyones interested, size 32 black in colour

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-06-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eddy89
only pair of jeans i consider myself to have now. since oct 06, i havent taken them off, except when i went to taiwan, and only when it got to like 38C haha. then i had to switch to my gap raw's cuz they're way thinner. but other than that, as soon as i came back to van. ive only worn the 21oz. i don't plan to ever wash them... ever. until they get really dirty, like, i spill something on them. they theoretically should be disguisting cuz i sweat so much in taiwan while wearing them, i went clubbing so much, i had to air them out cuz they stunk like cigs and booze. hahaha. im surprised there's no fungus growing on them :p

LC21 03-06-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
only pair of jeans i consider myself to have now. since oct 06, i havent taken them off, except when i went to taiwan, and only when it got to like 38C haha. then i had to switch to my gap raw's cuz they're way thinner. but other than that, as soon as i came back to van. ive only worn the 21oz. i don't plan to ever wash them... ever. until they get really dirty, like, i spill something on them. they theoretically should be disguisting cuz i sweat so much in taiwan while wearing them, i went clubbing so much, i had to air them out cuz they stunk like cigs and booze. hahaha. im surprised there's no fungus growing on them :p
You go girl! Im planning to get Imperials first and then APC NS/NC next.
Whats the different in sizing between the New cures and new standards?

Sid Vicious 03-06-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LC21
You go girl! Im planning to get Imperials first and then APC NS/NC next.
Whats the different in sizing between the New cures and new standards?

NC is quite a bit slimmer than NS i think
size down 1 for NC and 2 for NS i think

LC21 03-11-2008 04:02 PM

Im planning to get NS is size 29. Screw imperials or the edwins haha. APC Ftw.

Ronin 03-11-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
...I'm almost sure there is fungus in those. :IDL

Meowjin 03-12-2008 12:34 AM

I have over 15 pairs of jeans and in all honesty I only wear 4.

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-12-2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronin
...I'm almost sure there is fungus in those. :IDL
not to mention other than smelling like booze and cigs, there's also the smell of vag. haha

heshmat 03-19-2008 09:04 PM

Can someone help me out on sizing of 21cm diors. I wear a 32 in nudies (tight but when they stretch they fit perfect). my 31 apcs are too big stretched.

31 in dior, or a 32? im 511 175ish

Ilagon 03-19-2008 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by heshmat
Can someone help me out on sizing of 21cm diors. I wear a 32 in nudies (tight but when they stretch they fit perfect). my 31 apcs are too big stretched.

31 in dior, or a 32? im 511 175ish

Here you go:
http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16289

unit 03-20-2008 09:13 AM

best place to buy apc ns? seems like prices have gone up... need a size 30 (hard to find, damn skinny ass hipsters make sizes 26-28 popular)

Ilagon 03-20-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by unit03
best place to buy apc ns? seems like prices have gone up... need a size 30 (hard to find, damn skinny ass hipsters make sizes 26-28 popular)
I bought mine direct from http://www.apc.fr, they sell em for $155 and they have your size. I bought mine a couple of years back at $140 and I think they came out to 180ish to my door.

unit 03-20-2008 09:45 AM

tnx, but still kind of expensive.. i bought my rescues for $110 shipped. ;)

[edit] maybe i should be clear... i dont expect to find another deal like that, but is 180ish shipped about as good as im going to get nowadays?

gars 03-20-2008 09:47 AM

i went to the APC store in NY... thought about buying a pair - but never did. now i sorta regret it.

Marco911 03-20-2008 09:06 PM

2 Pairs of Earl Jeans.
2 Pair of Diesel Jeans
1 Dolce & Gabbanna
1 Costume Nationale

bcedhk 03-20-2008 09:11 PM

buy apc either at Tobi or at APC.fr

you guys should also check out selfedge.com they sell lots (only) prenium denim, and they offer free shipping.. is a great alternative rather than buying from japan proxy.

planning on getting a pair of 1684 21oz iron heart in a few months!