REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #9001
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Van
Posts: 4,186
Thanked 869 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ws6ta View Post
1mr is by far the best

assault jack3d are okay but nothing beats 1mr
I've only tried 1MR once and for sure it does the job. But the crash is just too hard for me. Assault gives me enough to murder my workout and still feel good throughout the day.
Advertisement
JSilver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #9002
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,517
Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Love 1mr, but gave me headrush during deadlifts, and sometimes while not working out. Switched to razor8, that's my new fave, no headrush
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #9003
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
rJZx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: bc
Posts: 1,477
Thanked 1,720 Times in 372 Posts
^ you get headrushes from deadlifts without preworkouts
rJZx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #9004
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,517
Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmatic View Post
^ you get headrushes from deadlifts without preworkouts
I've only had them with the 1mr.

None with superpump or R8. Atleast for me, anyways
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #9005
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Phozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,480
Thanked 882 Times in 303 Posts
Hell, i get headrushes after squats or deadlifts. Gotta take a 5 minute break before im recollected. lol..
Phozy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #9006
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Splmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,409
Thanked 641 Times in 231 Posts
I can barely walk. Haven't had this good o a leg workout in months.

Love this feeling.
__________________
i bleed indigo.
Splmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #9007
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,247
Thanked 17,033 Times in 5,123 Posts
CAN'T WAIT

Hulk Hogan Nutrition - Coming Soon!
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #9008
My homepage has been set to RS
 
dachinesedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,033
Thanked 1,064 Times in 381 Posts
saw a skinny honger dude do tricep kickbacks

i dunno, something about dudes doing that exercise makes me cringe
dachinesedude is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #9009
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
nns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,057
Thanked 1,705 Times in 521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Hogan is a legend. It's a crying shame what has happened to his life. He's got my respect and well wishes.
__________________
nns
nns is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #9010
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,247
Thanked 17,033 Times in 5,123 Posts
Hogan is a pure scam artist through and through. Anything you like about him, is just an act. A story. He did get screwed by his wife, but he has done plenty of screwing himself
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #9011
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
his son is cool
__________________
╔╦╦╦═╦╗╔═╦═╦══╦═╗
║║║║╩╣╚╣═╣║║║║║╩╣
╚══╩═╩═╩═╩═╩╩╩╩═╝

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #9012
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,367
Thanked 4,839 Times in 537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
saw a skinny honger dude do tricep kickbacks

i dunno, something about dudes doing that exercise makes me cringe
i saw ripped dudes doing it as well.
Chronix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #9013
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,247
Thanked 17,033 Times in 5,123 Posts
19 hours fasted. Time for a MEAT FEAST~!

1700 calories in 4 hours
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #9014
Banned (ABWS)
 
sean_wong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up Yours
Posts: 761
Thanked 73 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
saw a skinny honger dude do tricep kickbacks

i dunno, something about dudes doing that exercise makes me cringe
What's wrong with kickbacks?
sean_wong is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #9015
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,247
Thanked 17,033 Times in 5,123 Posts
First 1000 calories done! 100g protein at least!
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #9016
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,247
Thanked 17,033 Times in 5,123 Posts
2nd dinner done! 3/4 lb lean steak, 4 eggs, 1/4 cup each of asparagus, onion, bell pepper

Today's carb count is probably under 50g, and I am stuffed! I am really looking forward to fasted training tomorrow. Will be doing all single-sided exercises, so it'll be a huge test to see if the science works out in my anecdotal observations. Will keep posted!
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #9017
RS controls my life!
 
civicyvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: yvr
Posts: 732
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
2nd dinner done! 3/4 lb lean steak, 4 eggs, 1/4 cup each of asparagus, onion, bell pepper

Today's carb count is probably under 50g, and I am stuffed! I am really looking forward to fasted training tomorrow. Will be doing all single-sided exercises, so it'll be a huge test to see if the science works out in my anecdotal observations. Will keep posted!

Can you elaborate?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
you seen my pie live!
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #9018
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
LC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: richmond Lah!
Posts: 5,449
Thanked 471 Times in 223 Posts
Debating if i should have a day dedicated to arms.
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 AM   #9019
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,247
Thanked 17,033 Times in 5,123 Posts
There have been studies on frequent eating (something we often hear is supposed to 'boost your metabolism'), and there have been studies on intermittent fasting. Only the latter have ever shown any improvement over normal 3-meals-per-day eating. The science supports this, and human evolution supports this. But by doing it myself, I will be able to have my own evidence I can rely on... I have been eating like this for 4 days now I think - first 2 days happened to be rest days. But my first day to the gym, doing fasted training, I couldn't believe how good I felt. I had a fantastic workout, and had tons of energy after. Same for when I am fasting. I usually fast for 16-19 hours total, and I feel fine for the most part. I get really hungry by the time it's time to eat, but I'm sure my body will adjust eventually.

For me, it's something to help me keep my calories down, protein high, and assist in training. People say to just 'keep it simple' but IMO this is more simple than anything. It's so much easier to count calories/nutrients when you are only eating in a 4-5 hour window

So eventually, I will have a better idea on how I feel in terms of workouts, recovery, and of course body composition. I will be happy to share my results here, in case others are curious about it.

Also, in terms of the phrase I posted above, doing single side exercises usually means twice the reps. Say curls for instance ( ). Dumbbell curls, 35 reps per arm (so 70 reps total) will require more stamina than barbell curls for 35 reps. Add that across 3 or 4 different exercises, and "day 2" are always my longest days at the gym.
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #9020
RS controls my life!
 
civicyvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: yvr
Posts: 732
Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So eventually, I will have a better idea on how I feel in terms of workouts, recovery, and of course body composition. I will be happy to share my results here, in case others are curious about it.

Also, in terms of the phrase I posted above, doing single side exercises usually means twice the reps. Say curls for instance ( ). Dumbbell curls, 35 reps per arm (so 70 reps total) will require more stamina than barbell curls for 35 reps. Add that across 3 or 4 different exercises, and "day 2" are always my longest days at the gym.
Keep us posted. Thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
you seen my pie live!
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
civicyvr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #9021
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
MoBettah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 403-604
Posts: 357
Thanked 209 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
There have been studies on frequent eating (something we often hear is supposed to 'boost your metabolism'), and there have been studies on intermittent fasting. Only the latter have ever shown any improvement over normal 3-meals-per-day eating. The science supports this, and human evolution supports this. But by doing it myself, I will be able to have my own evidence I can rely on... I have been eating like this for 4 days now I think - first 2 days happened to be rest days. But my first day to the gym, doing fasted training, I couldn't believe how good I felt. I had a fantastic workout, and had tons of energy after. Same for when I am fasting. I usually fast for 16-19 hours total, and I feel fine for the most part. I get really hungry by the time it's time to eat, but I'm sure my body will adjust eventually.

For me, it's something to help me keep my calories down, protein high, and assist in training. People say to just 'keep it simple' but IMO this is more simple than anything. It's so much easier to count calories/nutrients when you are only eating in a 4-5 hour window
How has it been affecting your focus and concentration during the day?
MoBettah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #9022
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,339
Thanked 554 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
For me, it's something to help me keep my calories down, protein high, and assist in training. People say to just 'keep it simple' but IMO this is more simple than anything. It's so much easier to count calories/nutrients when you are only eating in a 4-5 hour window
Makes sense. I was under the impression that the body can only handle about 40g of protein per serving, the rest is wasted/farted out. If I were to be eating steak, chicken, sushi, eggs, etc, etc back to back I would definitely have the shits.

Used to bench quite often (flat/decline barbell: 315, Incline dumbbell: 100 lbs quite easily) but stopped because my shoulders were really clicking. Now that i've backed off my bench is shit! and shoulders still click....personally I think my shoulder heads are not proportionate. But it's frustrating because I when they click on an exercise, i stop doing that exercise. I love Arnold press but I stopped due to clicking. And if I keep writing off all these exercises i'm not going to get the heads equal
I do a lot of front & side raises, reverse flies, dumbbell press (seated & standing). It's gotten better, but still far from perfect.
AAnthony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #9023
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,582
Thanked 370 Times in 172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
There have been studies on frequent eating (something we often hear is supposed to 'boost your metabolism'), and there have been studies on intermittent fasting. Only the latter have ever shown any improvement over normal 3-meals-per-day eating. The science supports this, and human evolution supports this. But by doing it myself, I will be able to have my own evidence I can rely on... I have been eating like this for 4 days now I think - first 2 days happened to be rest days. But my first day to the gym, doing fasted training, I couldn't believe how good I felt. I had a fantastic workout, and had tons of energy after. Same for when I am fasting. I usually fast for 16-19 hours total, and I feel fine for the most part. I get really hungry by the time it's time to eat, but I'm sure my body will adjust eventually.

For me, it's something to help me keep my calories down, protein high, and assist in training. People say to just 'keep it simple' but IMO this is more simple than anything. It's so much easier to count calories/nutrients when you are only eating in a 4-5 hour window

So eventually, I will have a better idea on how I feel in terms of workouts, recovery, and of course body composition. I will be happy to share my results here, in case others are curious about it.

Also, in terms of the phrase I posted above, doing single side exercises usually means twice the reps. Say curls for instance ( ). Dumbbell curls, 35 reps per arm (so 70 reps total) will require more stamina than barbell curls for 35 reps. Add that across 3 or 4 different exercises, and "day 2" are always my longest days at the gym.
But Skinnypuppy, if you dont eat for 18 hours, OMGS, Muscle catabolism!

Not eating breakfast.

Recipe for no carb dishes?

Glad to see you've discovered IF though. It's really convenient and makes for some damn satisfying meals.
DaFonz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #9024
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Splmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,409
Thanked 641 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAnthony View Post
Makes sense. I was under the impression that the body can only handle about 40g of protein per serving, the rest is wasted/farted out. If I were to be eating steak, chicken, sushi, eggs, etc, etc back to back I would definitely have the shits.

Used to bench quite often (flat/decline barbell: 315, Incline dumbbell: 100 lbs quite easily) but stopped because my shoulders were really clicking. Now that i've backed off my bench is shit! and shoulders still click....personally I think my shoulder heads are not proportionate. But it's frustrating because I when they click on an exercise, i stop doing that exercise. I love Arnold press but I stopped due to clicking. And if I keep writing off all these exercises i'm not going to get the heads equal
I do a lot of front & side raises, reverse flies, dumbbell press (seated & standing). It's gotten better, but still far from perfect.
I was on the same boat for a while. Doctor said surgery for my left shoulder or don't workout for a year/two. I decided to take the second option and let my shoulder heal back up to 80-90%. My lifts are back up to around what yours were after 1.5 years back at the gym.

At first the doc got me on injections which added lubrication to my shoulder joints and effectively numbed down the swelling and pain. After that it was just rest, rest, and more rest. No more random clicking unless I really strain my shoulder that day.

So maybe you just need some rest?
__________________
i bleed indigo.
Splmash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #9025
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
strykn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,651
Thanked 4,011 Times in 987 Posts
repping 12 reps 4plate deadlift, looks from whole gym
strykn is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net