REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #8751
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
I can beat that by a long way

Saw a fat, like 185lbs, chick at the gym wearing full turquoise lulu outfit with her gunt hanging out over the front of her pants.. get on the treadmill with a XL starbucks frapawapaclapaccino. Best part? SHE TOOK THE ELEVATOR.
Reminds me of the joke I always wanted to try. Walk into a golds/popeye holding an ice cream cone and return a bottle of opened fat loss pills claiming "they don't work".

Except this chick is doing it for reals.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #8752
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

I wanna throw weights at people when i go to the gym. My ps3 broke. </333

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #8753
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts
Strength dramatically decreased since 2 weeks ago... feeels baaad man
rJZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #8754
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Rackpulls completely fried my core and back. I was doing squats on weights that I can normally go A2G and my body just wanted to collapse, I had zero strength. This was last night, and I rackpulled monday. Maybe it's the lack of sleep .... felt bad man

On a plus side, worked out on monday and traps are still sore from that

@ a few posts above, my favorite training meal is brown rice + stirfried veggies + 1 cup of chopped chicken breast with a little sweet chilli sauze. Drool. I just ate that right now haha.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #8755
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

dhillon were u the guy doing pendlay rows/barbell rows beside me in front of the squat rack yesterday? i was going to say hi but then ive seen another guy that wears a hat and looks like u so i didnt want to look like a jackass lol
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #8756
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Rackpulls completely fried my core and back. I was doing squats on weights that I can normally go A2G and my body just wanted to collapse, I had zero strength. This was last night, and I rackpulled monday. Maybe it's the lack of sleep .... felt bad man
lack of carbs / carb depletion too early.
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #8757
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Just carb'd up.....gotta 2 more hours before a nice hour and half long dinner break....will be hitting the rackpulls today....damn I MISS it already...
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #8758
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
dhillon were u the guy doing pendlay rows/barbell rows beside me in front of the squat rack yesterday? i was going to say hi but then ive seen another guy that wears a hat and looks like u so i didnt want to look like a jackass lol
YEAH! We had awkward eye contact? I was miring what you were doing lol. You were doing standing rows or some variation of them? I was at the corner squat rack. If you saw me collapsing at the bottom of my squats and barely getting back up, chances are it was me lol, and after that I did Pendalay rows. I always wear those shorts and pumas to the gym.

@Strykn, dude I had a pretty solid amount of carbs yday. Almost 120grams yesterday. That's about 200 grams less than usual though lol. Diets
Old 09-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #8759
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I just ate an Oh Henry.

I had forgotten what heaven tastes like

I am fat now.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #8760
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
YEAH! We had awkward eye contact? I was miring what you were doing lol. You were doing standing rows or some variation of them? I was at the corner squat rack. If you saw me collapsing at the bottom of my squats and barely getting back up, chances are it was me lol, and after that I did Pendalay rows. I always wear those shorts and pumas to the gym.

@Strykn, dude I had a pretty solid amount of carbs yday. Almost 120grams yesterday. That's about 200 grams less than usual though lol. Diets
i was doing standing overhead press while my friend was doing deadlifts behind me lol. are u doing 5x5? thinking of starting it next week since i need a change up of routines. btw did u see the chick on the treadmill that started doing these slutty ass squats and other shit after. banging body but her face was a 6 at best lol.

anyways, feels good to be 15 lbs less in weight but the loss in strength sucks. i was up to 125x5 for overheads just a few weeks ago and now i was struggling at 105x6. tried to herolift 115 and did it for 3 and was like
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #8761
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3 View Post
i was doing standing overhead press while my friend was doing deadlifts behind me lol. are u doing 5x5? thinking of starting it next week since i need a change up of routines. btw did u see the chick on the treadmill that started doing these slutty ass squats and other shit after. banging body but her face was a 6 at best lol.

anyways, feels good to be 15 lbs less in weight but the loss in strength sucks. i was up to 125x5 for overheads just a few weeks ago and now i was struggling at 105x6. tried to herolift 115 and did it for 3 and was like
Ohhh, that was you! I mixed you up with the guy that came on there right before you I think. Yeah i'm doing 5x5 and trying to cut cals at the same time, its hard I got upto 155 for overhead press at one point but I'm at the same spot as you now, stuck at around 120lbs . I should be at 135 pretty soon, hopefully. That'll be a good day I think out of all the exercises, my favourites gotta be overhead press haha.

5x5 is good, my progress from mid august to now has basically turned all my 1RM's into my 5x5 rep maxes. Haven't gone to failure in a few weeks so I don't really know how much I've gained as far as 1RM's go.

saw her as I left, didn't pay much attention haha. What are slutty squats?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #8762
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
I know some folks here are training for more than just looks.. some are training MMA and BJJ right? Might want to check out this method:

Neuro-Muscular Development (NMD) for Legs | Chad Waterbury | Workouts To Get Ripped, Ab Exercises For Men, Weight Training For Women
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #8763
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
dhillon09 didn't realize you were doing 5x5 as well. 155 OHP! I am trying for 130 right now. Did 10 reps Tues for the first time then 16 tonight. I find power cleaning them takes a lot of energy.

Hit 265 on squats on Tuesday, and tonight did 25 x 270! Yes! But then failed hard at 3 plate deadlift lol Just 2 reps with bad form. Gotta try again.

I was cutting during the summer and found it very hard to progress with 5x5. 90% of the time it was all lean protein and veggies. Now that I am eating way more carbs and gaining some weight, I can lift sooo much bigger.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #8764
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Had an interesting work week so far this week. On Tuesday I had to move a 450lb fireproof filing cabinet up 2 flights of stairs. There were 2 guys on the bottom trying to lift it but they couldn't fit up the stairs side by side so I said... "Get out of the way" They looked at me like pfft whatever man if we can't lift you can't lift it. So I say to guys on top "You ready" They say ya and I say "On 3" Fucking destroyed that shit and beastmoded it up the stairs one at a time. Was sweating my bag off when I got to the top but fuck I felt like a king. They were all harsh mirin and said "That was pretty fucking impressive"
Then today I had to move 6 offices worth of Desks and bookcases into the same place. 3 offices upstairs and 3 down. Beastmoded a shit load of desks by myself up the stairs. At one point I got to the top of the stairs and put what I was carrying down and asked another guy for help because it was an awkward piece, He grabbed the other end and just about shit when he tried to pick it up and said "You carried this up here yourself?" haha .
No gym today though... was to fucking tired lol.

Berz out.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #8765
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

The beauty of using your hard-earned strength in day to day life

x2 when you get a bunch of praises for it, and feel gooooood about yourself
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #8766
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
dhillon09 didn't realize you were doing 5x5 as well. 155 OHP! I am trying for 130 right now. Did 10 reps Tues for the first time then 16 tonight. I find power cleaning them takes a lot of energy.

Hit 265 on squats on Tuesday, and tonight did 25 x 270! Yes! But then failed hard at 3 plate deadlift lol Just 2 reps with bad form. Gotta try again.

I was cutting during the summer and found it very hard to progress with 5x5. 90% of the time it was all lean protein and veggies. Now that I am eating way more carbs and gaining some weight, I can lift sooo much bigger.
Doing my own variation of 5x5 but yes, 5x5

Just realized why I couldn't lift shit wednesday, I'm sick as a dog right now Got fever/runny nose/sorethroat/headaches, but gonna try to get in a workout tonight if my fever dies down and this headache goes away. Don't worry, I'll wipe down all my equipment when I'm done lol ..
Old 09-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #8767

Where can i buy wrist-wraps for deadlifts? My grip is horrible. ..
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #8768
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by see.lai View Post
SC has a pair up by the front counter that you can buy. Otherwise any nutrition store will have it, as well as sportchek (some of em have it).

If you want em for cheap you can't beat bb.com, $2 for a pair i think lol
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #8769
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by see.lai View Post
How much weight are you lifting? Have you tried a mixed grip technique? Working on grip strength will help you a lot on other lifts
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #8770

Yeah, I've tried mixed grip. I'm trying to do 3 plates for deadlifts
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:53 PM   #8771
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,136 Times in 2,391 Posts
Ya I find 3 plates is where grip starts to be an issue, and notice a similar thing for other people on forums.

I'd suggest trying chalk, worked well for me.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #8772
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

shieeeet more than a month of cutting white rice out of my diet and eating clean as fuck ive seen major progress already. ive never done and ab workouts and my abs are slowly starting to appear feelsgoodman
anyways shoulder and leg work out today cant wait
exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #8773
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,213 Posts
Been tracking my calories the last couple months and found I was probably eating about 500-1000 cals a day less than I needed to grow, finally making some solid gains here.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #8774
I bringith the lowerballerith

high fever 40.3 degrees while only on week 2 of stronglifts cant go gym today :'(

if i miss 1-2 stronglifts workouts should i start over or continue where i left off before getting sick
Posted via RS Mobile
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #8775
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK6o4* View Post
high fever 40.3 degrees while only on week 2 of stronglifts cant go gym today :'(

if i miss 1-2 stronglifts workouts should i start over or continue where i left off before getting sick
Posted via RS Mobile
im in the same boat as you. High ass fever + other unmentionable things + what feels like sore throat. Hopefully we make it through this without losing too much strength