REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #18576
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
LC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: richmond Lah!
Posts: 5,449
Thanked 471 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Same here, I don't feel sorry for anyone because I used to be that fat lazy fuck. But I still look at peoples' shopping carts when I go to the supermarket. If you think the junk food is bad in Canada, it's nothing compared to Asia. Because at least the Canadian junk food will do things like try to have no trans-fats and shit like that. The junk food here is the worst of the worst. Instant noodles seems to be what most people get here, followed by horrible chinese potato chips (calbee) and other nasty things.
Calbee is the best shit EVER i still eat it from time to time.

ps. QOO is a good ass drink too.
Advertisement
__________________
My Feedback~



BlAh~

Last edited by LC21; 06-24-2012 at 12:58 AM.
LC21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:16 AM   #18577
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,795
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
Werd, the potato fries are the best...

Wow it seems like the government really does need to reinforce some stricter nutrition guidelines...
Does the government even try to at least promote exercise/healthier lifestyle? Or is it that bad that there really isnt a point in trying anymore?

I still remember my last trip to hk and i was trying to bulk there, thot itd be alot easier since theres always an abundance of food. The humid/sticky weather totally ruined my appetite throughout the whole trip...

How much are gym memberships over there?
instantneedles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #18578
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,026 Times in 5,121 Posts
They do promote guidelines, but if course they are completely wrong. In some ways, worse than the food pyramid. They only specifically promote "low fat/low salt" with no mention of good fat vs. bad fat, or sugar. Restaurants are allowed to put up government signs when they offer "healthy" dishes on their menus. Dishes like noodles in soup, or steamed vegetables with oyster sauce. Tiny portions of course, since the fat and salt needs to be low. The standards are completely fucked.

It's easy to eat a lot here, but not a lot of protein. When we eat out, I have to order 2 meals for myself.

Gym memberships range just like anywhere. There are the big chains like Physical and California which cater to extremely low cost, but super high membership so it's crowded as fuck. These gyms typically have dumbbells that go up to 70 lbs at most, and have no squat racks. At most, you can hope for a smith machine. About 90% of their square footage goes to cardio machines, and the 'trainers' hassle everyone at every turn to offer training services for a fee.

Then there are the high end gyms like Pure Fitness and Seasons, which cater to rich business workers who want to sweat their balls off during breaks and pick up people. The equipment at these places are always top notch quality, shiny and clean, but mostly useless machines. At least they have heavy DBs and a squat rack though. They have the trainer issue too of course.

The one I go to is in between. Not a chain, just a single gym. Has lots of benches, DBs up to 120 lbs, a squat rack, deadlift pad, and a cable machine. Basically everything I need, even if there is plenty I don't. The equipment isn't the newest shiniest stuff, but it's all functional and cleaned regularly by the staff. Their trainers are part of the monthly fee, but the only thing I ever need of them is a spot sometimes. Not cheap though, and if you don't have a local credit card, you have to pay upfront which fucking sucks. Actually I can't really recall what I paid, about $40-60 a month or somewhere around that I think.
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #18579
I Wanna Go Fast!
 
JD像's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nomadic
Posts: 5,606
Thanked 1,633 Times in 397 Posts
Just spent the evening at the WBFF BC Championships. Strong /10s. Good friend who's a PT brought out a bunch of her clients, they all did well. I was hhnnnnnnnggggggg'ing all night, even to some of the guys (no homo).

Check the following FB page for some pics if you're interested. Pro photos won't be up for about a week.

https://www.facebook.com/WBFFSHOWS

JD像 is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #18580
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,489
Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
my cousin competed in that today.



Didn't know he was into this haha.
Meowjin is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 03:26 AM   #18581
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,026 Times in 5,121 Posts
Not sure if fitness contest or skinny contest
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:39 AM   #18582
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,489
Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Not sure if fitness contest or skinny contest
eh, fitness models are different.

one of our bartenders was a fitness model. She had the most amazing body i've ever seen in my life.
Meowjin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:55 AM   #18583
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,026 Times in 5,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
eh, fitness models are different.

one of our bartenders was a fitness model. She had the most amazing body i've ever seen in my life.
I guess so. The girl he posted looks slightly more fit than a regular model, but with ridiculously oversized bolt ons...

Crossfit girls ftw then
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #18584
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
Hehe a abz contest
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 AM   #18585
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rich City / Van
Posts: 3,460
Thanked 4,832 Times in 917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowjin View Post
eh, fitness models are different.

one of our bartenders was a fitness model. She had the most amazing body i've ever seen in my life.
bartender for where? pics pls hnnggggg
Verdasco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:50 AM   #18586
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rich City / Van
Posts: 3,460
Thanked 4,832 Times in 917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
Calbee is the best shit EVER i still eat it from time to time.

ps. QOO is a good ass drink too.



just went to superstore, brb heading down to TNT
Verdasco is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #18587
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,026 Times in 5,121 Posts
Gotta love bringing up one of the worst foods you can put into your body, and people start running out to buy it... in a bodybuilding thread.
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #18588
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,795
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Just spent the evening at the WBFF BC Championships. Strong /10s. Good friend who's a PT brought out a bunch of her clients, they all did well. I was hhnnnnnnnggggggg'ing all night, even to some of the guys (no homo).

Check the following FB page for some pics if you're interested. Pro photos won't be up for about a week.

https://www.facebook.com/WBFFSHOWS
Yeah wish I coulda gone to this one... Fitness Models like the ones in men's physique tend to be alot slimmer and carry alot less bulk...

Their styles of training are very different in that they add alot more cardio in to their workouts, and as you can tell, core work..

The Bodybuilding BC provincials is next saturday though, i really wanna go to that one as well lol
__________________
Buyer/Seller Feedback

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #18589
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,795
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
They do promote guidelines, but if course they are completely wrong. In some ways, worse than the food pyramid. They only specifically promote "low fat/low salt" with no mention of good fat vs. bad fat, or sugar. Restaurants are allowed to put up government signs when they offer "healthy" dishes on their menus. Dishes like noodles in soup, or steamed vegetables with oyster sauce. Tiny portions of course, since the fat and salt needs to be low. The standards are completely fucked.

It's easy to eat a lot here, but not a lot of protein. When we eat out, I have to order 2 meals for myself.

Gym memberships range just like anywhere. There are the big chains like Physical and California which cater to extremely low cost, but super high membership so it's crowded as fuck. These gyms typically have dumbbells that go up to 70 lbs at most, and have no squat racks. At most, you can hope for a smith machine. About 90% of their square footage goes to cardio machines, and the 'trainers' hassle everyone at every turn to offer training services for a fee.

Then there are the high end gyms like Pure Fitness and Seasons, which cater to rich business workers who want to sweat their balls off during breaks and pick up people. The equipment at these places are always top notch quality, shiny and clean, but mostly useless machines. At least they have heavy DBs and a squat rack though. They have the trainer issue too of course.

The one I go to is in between. Not a chain, just a single gym. Has lots of benches, DBs up to 120 lbs, a squat rack, deadlift pad, and a cable machine. Basically everything I need, even if there is plenty I don't. The equipment isn't the newest shiniest stuff, but it's all functional and cleaned regularly by the staff. Their trainers are part of the monthly fee, but the only thing I ever need of them is a spot sometimes. Not cheap though, and if you don't have a local credit card, you have to pay upfront which fucking sucks. Actually I can't really recall what I paid, about $40-60 a month or somewhere around that I think.
Hmm, interesting... Can't imagine how it would be like working out at hk... No wonder they have such a tough time bulking up there...

LOL, they actually pick up people at the gym??!

I'd literally sweat all my calories of the day just standing outside in the humid heat
__________________
Buyer/Seller Feedback

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 06-24-2012 at 11:38 AM.
instantneedles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #18590
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
strykn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,651
Thanked 4,011 Times in 987 Posts
ARE U FUCKN KIDDING ME , WAKE UP OUT OF EGGS... HOW COULD THIS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
strykn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #18591
My homepage has been set to RS
 
jimzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Van[MapleRidge]
Posts: 2,082
Thanked 418 Times in 111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
ARE U FUCKN KIDDING ME , WAKE UP OUT OF EGGS... HOW COULD THIS BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
that's why I have a gaggle of chicks
jimzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #18592
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
strykn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 3,651
Thanked 4,011 Times in 987 Posts
^ how was tough mudder phaggot
strykn is offline  
Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #18593
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 41,243
Thanked 17,026 Times in 5,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Hmm, interesting... Can't imagine how it would be like working out at hk... No wonder they have such a tough time bulking up there...

I'd literally sweat all my calories of the day just standing outside in the humid heat
Well thankfully sweating and burning calories have little to do with one another. Yes you can sweat when you burn calories, but when you sweat it doesn't automagically mean you're burning calories...

Although it's late maybe my sarcasm detector is busted
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #18594
I Wanna Go Fast!
 
JD像's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nomadic
Posts: 5,606
Thanked 1,633 Times in 397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Not sure if fitness contest or skinny contest
It really depends on the class, the one I posted was just in a bikini class. Examples of fitness bikini:




It is a very vain contest, but whatever I wasn't competing just enjoying the show

Last edited by JD像; 06-24-2012 at 12:00 PM.
JD像 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #18595
RS Operative (G)
 
hal0g0dv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: GYM
Posts: 12,721
Thanked 4,359 Times in 1,488 Posts
Kinda want to do a contest next year
If so. Bike is a must
hal0g0dv2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #18596
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,489
Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
Meowjin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #18597
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,489
Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
I picked up some ON 100% egg protein.

Any thoughts on it? I got it for a pretty good price (30 for a 2 pound)
Meowjin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #18598
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,795
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
^yeah that's pretty decent. ON's products always live up to their name
__________________
Buyer/Seller Feedback

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #18599
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Supafly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: VanCity/HCMC/HK
Posts: 4,761
Thanked 694 Times in 235 Posts
Went this morning; got my brother to spot me after his 13 week recovery from surgery....

These were my improvements


couldn't go above 63.5lbs cause i was scared --- 68.5lbs flat dumbell chest press... 5x5
couldn't go above 135lbs cause i was scared --- 195 lbs Flat bench with olympic bar. 5x5

Both were Personal Records...

Edit: forgot to mention - Im 145lbs @ prob less than 10%...
__________________
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."

Last edited by Supafly; 06-24-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Supafly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #18600
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
nns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,055
Thanked 1,704 Times in 520 Posts
nm

Nice.

I would up the weight if I know I can do 5x5 of the same weight. Like a pyramid.
__________________
nns
nns is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net