REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-off-topic_175/)
-   -   Random post thread about nothing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/117069-random-post-thread-about-nothing.html)

dtt1167 04-15-2006 11:42 PM

saw some sunfire get high centered on the grassy median on bridge hill tonight... stupid people cant drive in the rain

jeffh 04-16-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Impulse_rs
Isuzu's dead... Looks like she's gone forever this time :(
too bad such a cool unique car had to get wrecked, you shoulda bought some shitty talon to destroy

Danch 04-16-2006 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dtt1167
saw some sunfire get high centered on the grassy median on bridge hill tonight... stupid people cant drive in the rain
Tell me about it, I spotted a brand new F-150 completly destroyed (only thing left was the cab) on the way back from Vernon yesterday.

bmwwheelman 04-16-2006 08:28 AM

^^ yea tell me bout it, it was one hell of a rain storm here!

fourtirefire 04-16-2006 12:09 PM

maybe this contributed to it blowing up

"I put them at .75tho... I'll give a smaller gap a try tonite after work."

plugs with gaps deeper than the grand canyon...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/388375

RRxtar 04-16-2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by fourtirefire
maybe this contributed to it blowing up

"I put them at .75tho... I'll give a smaller gap a try tonite after work."

plugs with gaps deeper than the grand canyon...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/388375

mighta had something to do with installing the engine backwards on the engine page

girlcrazy_420 04-16-2006 01:53 PM

what does .75 tho have to do with anything? Thats factory spec... Run a smaller gap for higher boost... big whoop

edit: Engine didnt blow.

BilletPimp 04-16-2006 03:38 PM

did you crash it again?

girlcrazy_420 04-16-2006 04:00 PM

Last weekend driving down to the states, I heard a slight rattling in the transmission (I thought it was the exaust so I didnt think much of it)

Last night I headed out to Pentiction for a bike show and something in my tranny just didnt feel right. When I reached Pen to park the car, I had troubles finding reverse. After the Bike show, I got into my car and drove about 2 blocks before it came to a screeching halt. Looking under the car there was a puddle of oil!

When the clutch is to the floor, there is a whirling sound coming from the transmission right around the bellhousing. If I release the clutch (not in gear) there is a griding noise. 1st and 2nd gear are non accesable.... the others feel like 5th. The engine oil keeps going down and dripping out between the bell housing and the block. Looks like it did some damage.

I already have another AWD transmission to drop in. #3

bmwwheelman 04-16-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

edit: Engine didnt blow.

Quote:

The engine oil keeps going down and dripping out between the bell housing and the block. Looks like it did some damage.

Hmmm I'd think twice about what you said there...

Sounds like you toasted your clutch (and alittle more)
I had the same problem with my car when mine went....

WSODgirlracer 04-17-2006 10:54 AM

Sucks spending the whole weekend making sure your dog doesn't die :( Poor thing had an (edited for reasons of lack of maturity) infection that the vet said would have killed her the next day if I didn't take her in as soon as I did. Then the parents spent the whole day debating whether or not we should go through with the surgery cause she's getting quite old and the surgery was over $700, but of course we did. Poor thing spent Easter all by herself getting all cut up and alone in a clinic, but she made it and she's getting better. Over a 12" cut on her tummy, shaved leg for the IV and a cone on her head, but at least she's getting better now.

saucywoman 04-17-2006 11:39 AM

I think I opened my mouth too soon when I said there was no pain due to my wisdom teeth being pulled.. Ever since Sat the pain has been increasing.. Now I've gotten a swollen mouth again :( along with two little bruises on each side of my chin..

g13b_destroyer 04-17-2006 04:39 PM

i pick my nose and eat it

WSODgirlracer 04-17-2006 05:41 PM

All fixed ;)

Bouncing Bettys 04-17-2006 08:53 PM

glad to hear you caught it in time and hope Patches recovers soon

Big Daddy 04-18-2006 07:07 PM

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...9/df711e35.jpg

Festus351 04-18-2006 07:31 PM

Yikes...thats never a good pic Big D

saw some girl side swipe a lincoln sadan (newer not sure what model) today.. was kinda funny to watch tho i didnt see the damge to the lincoln, the vans rear quarter pannel and door was all crunched tho...

Danch 04-18-2006 09:31 PM

What happened big daddy?

BilletPimp 04-18-2006 10:10 PM

ohhhhhhhhhh shit :( that sucks dude...wh'appened?

Big Daddy 04-18-2006 11:11 PM

car was in a parking spot, truck parked beside it, truck pulled out and took the bumper with him.

saloman 04-19-2006 07:33 AM

So this morning i was turning left on to Gordon off the highway, I was sitting in the turning lane waiting for the advanced turning light. When the lights went green this old man in the car next to me in the straight lane raced ahead of me cutting me off mid intersection fingering me only becase he forgot to turn into the turning lane. I was the only Fing car in the turning lane all he had to do was wait a second then go behind me but this wanker decided to pass me on my right side in the intersection. I had to stop to let this wanker go by and then get the finger from him, the weird thing is he nearly hit the 2-3 cars at the front of the line on the other side of the intersection.
Ahh i wish a cop would have been there and taken Grampa's license away!!!

on a good note i absolutley OWNED my final yesterday hahaha the thing was awesome hahaha woot woot 90+% in that class forsure now hahaha only 4 more finals then I am done for 4 months woot woot!

BilletPimp 04-19-2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Big Daddy
car was in a parking spot, truck parked beside it, truck pulled out and took the bumper with him.
dang....hit and run or did he give you his info? On the bright side...that front was fawked anyways....and ICBC doesn't have to know that ;) lol

ColinK 04-19-2006 12:32 PM

posted my car up for sale :(

SaviorSelf_666 04-19-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ckrieg
posted my car up for sale :(
on to better things i say!

bmwwheelman 04-19-2006 03:52 PM

coughsubilegacycough