REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Okanagan Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/okanagan-off-topic_175/)
-   -   Random post thread about nothing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/117069-random-post-thread-about-nothing.html)

HyperREV 03-27-2006 02:16 PM

i'll just keep movin on...

saucywoman 03-27-2006 02:18 PM

So I'll offically be moved out as of April 1. The place is mine now so gonna gradually move stuff after work so I don't have to move it all on Saturday. I'll leave all the big heavy stuff til then, so I don't have to work 4:45am-1:15pm and then move all my shit

girlcrazy_420 03-27-2006 09:39 PM

Hey Spoo, is that a 9" suspension lift, or just a body lift? 37" boggers is quite the size! The bro's got 33's and a 3-4" suspension lift and its already decently hard to get into, your truck must be massive in person.

fourtirefire 03-27-2006 10:58 PM

wow i need a life, just read the first 20 pages of the mod of the day thread...

quite the history on there though!

Festus351 03-28-2006 12:29 PM

It's ok Danny.. i find myself doin that kind of thing alot lately... i have so much time to kill at school before i actually have a class that i go through alot of the Van off topic threads and just start reading.. some of them are pretty intersting.. others.. not so much.. lol

WSODgirlracer 03-28-2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by saucywoman
So I'll offically be moved out as of April 1. The place is mine now so gonna gradually move stuff after work so I don't have to move it all on Saturday. I'll leave all the big heavy stuff til then, so I don't have to work 4:45am-1:15pm and then move all my shit

And then I'm hauling liquor over to your place, we're gettin drunk and gunna try and arrange all that stuff in a pretty way, hahahaha, should be interesting!

Bouncing Bettys 03-29-2006 02:00 PM

i came home to my parents place today to discover that crews were burning pine-beetle trees they had chopped down a few weeks ago behind my house in the gulley. a spark from those fires started a fire on the top of a really old, really big, dead tree that my family all loved. the crew had to chop it down just now so the fire wouldn't spread. its kinda sad. that tree was dead long before we moved here (24 years ago) and remainded standing, even while perchted on a steep slope. when i was young, the tree scared the crap out of me because it had few branches and was dead from top to bottom - it looked like something out of a horror movie - like a haunted tree. it was even the backbone of a few forts i used to build as a kid. i figured it would stand forever. damn. oh well - its just a tree :cry:

oh and the jackass german from across the gulley (he was also my accounting prof and used to yell at me for building forts as a kid) refuses to let the crew cut down a pine-beetle tree on his property so this might end up being all for nothing.

Big Daddy 03-29-2006 02:42 PM

set his tree on fire...

Oh, and Dammit, was supposed to pick up my new boat today, but the seller is fucking around :(, I'd better still get it, otherwise I'm gonna be uber pissed.

saucywoman 03-29-2006 03:49 PM

So I call to disconnect my internet service to find out that somehow I am on a 3 year contract .. They did some research and figured that when they called to offer me a cheaper rate for the internet at the beginning of this month (if I agreed to a 3 year term) that my grandma answered the phone.. I said that I would just transfer the account to my new place then. But when I found out more about the 3 year contract that my grandma had agreed to, I told them to cancel it. I was upset about the fact that even tho the internet is in my name and comes directly from my bank account that they had allowed someone other than me authorize a 3 year term. I told them that I wanted to disconnect my service and I was going to have my mom disconnect her service too..

The lady I was speaking with said that if they could get rid of the 3 year term and put it back to a month to month basis would I continue the service. I said I would, so she took my phone number so she could call me back after she spoke with her manager. She called me 5 minutes later saying it could be done..

The only shitty thing is since I'm not gonna have a landline (I have my cell) then I'm gonna be charged an extra $15, so it's gonna be $54.85 a month for internet :( Oh well, that will be the one luxury I have since I probably won't have cable for awhile, if ever.

Moving out is a fucking hassle:2finger:

honduhman 03-29-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Moving out is a fucking hassle:2finger:

Welcome to the real world.

I had the same problem. But it was with shaw.

Although I agreed to a stupidly cheap internet rate with telus and is only a one year term..... which I can get loopholes to get out of.

WSODgirlracer 03-29-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by honduhman
Welcome to the real world.
a welcome that's late by quite a few years, but I'm sure she none the less appreciates the kind gesture and warm welcome...... :rolleyes:

And NOOOO Ricki, you have to get cable, what about Gilmore Girls, hehe.

saucywoman 03-29-2006 05:09 PM

^^ gilmore girls is on channel 8, no need for cable

RedCeli 03-30-2006 04:37 AM

Quote:

The only shitty thing is since I'm not gonna have a landline (I have my cell) then I'm gonna be charged an extra $15, so it's gonna be $54.85 a month for internet :( Oh well, that will be the one luxury I have since I probably won't have cable for awhile, if ever.

Shaw has a package deal for cable and internet, and its probably not much more than that price you're paying for internet. Look into that maybe.

WSODgirlracer 03-30-2006 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RedCeli
Shaw has a package deal for cable and internet, and its probably not much more than that price you're paying for internet. Look into that maybe.
He's right rickipoo, I think it's around the same price, my parents get it.

saucywoman 03-30-2006 04:38 PM

yeah I'll check into that.. I'll get settled in first, and give telus another couple of weeks or whatever

RedCeli 03-30-2006 10:49 PM

I'm leaving for St. Andrews, Scotland in about an hour. I'm playing in the United Kingdom Student poker Championships. Should be fun. I'm hoping to check out the old course while I'm there.

saucywoman 03-31-2006 08:33 AM

Have fun and win me lots of money :) Too bad you weren't gonna be here for the meet

netfreak 03-31-2006 12:56 PM

shoplifters are fucking retarded... i'm working up at the source in rutland as a favour for the manager who is out of town and these two guys walk in with the stereotypical rutland criminal look. a girl comes in with them and starts talking to me at the counter about cell phones to distract me. i look up at the wall a few times... first glance, they're looking at the back of a 20" LCD.. second glance, they're looking at the back of a 15" LCD.. third glance, 15" LCD is gone and a brochure holder is in its place. i walk over there and they're standing around looking at other stuff while the TV mysteriously found its way on the floor hiding behind some other product. i mean c'mon, don't be so damn obvious!

bmwwheelman 03-31-2006 02:21 PM

lol thats pro,
kinda like at my work, we have the two plasma tvs on the wall, someone walked in and walked out with one during a dinner rush, no one even said anything

netfreak 03-31-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bmwwheelman
lol thats pro,
kinda like at my work, we have the two plasma tvs on the wall, someone walked in and walked out with one during a dinner rush, no one even said anything

haha what the hell.. where do you work?

jeffh 03-31-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bmwwheelman
lol thats pro,

thatc happewned at the cactus as well. in the pisser.

saloman 04-01-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jeffh
thatc happewned at the cactus as well. in the pisser.

Are you Fing serious Jeff, somebody stole a TV from Cactus club bathroom? how the hell do you explain that in your pants? hahahahaha

jeffh 04-01-2006 10:53 PM

seriously.

AzN_ignite 04-01-2006 11:30 PM

well if its a 15" or so plasma, it wouldnt be that hard to hide

jeffh 04-02-2006 09:59 AM

nope. he jsut made off with it. pretty funny shit if you ask me