REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 09-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #276
Banned (ABWS)

its Tao... and the line up was Crazy on labour day..

spearmint Rhinos.. i love that place.. lol
Advertisement
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #277
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally posted by kwanzor
its Tao... and the line up was Crazy on labour day..

spearmint Rhinos.. i love that place.. lol
ahh spearmint rhino if you love asian girls, check out sapphires on the weekend. all the asian girls that work at the other peelers go to work at sapphires on saturday and sunday. i heart India at Spearmint
Slow-Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #278
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jermyzy
www.travelocity.ca , but I think the price might be in USD , but after conversion it's still under $500.

However, I'm trying to book it right now, and I can't even search for air+hotel packages from Vancouver to Las Vegas on the website right now...every other destination works or if I book air and hotel separately to Vegas works, but for some reason when I try to search under air+hotel from Vancouver to Las Vegas, I keep getting a "we are having techinical difficulties" message. Can somebody else try this and see if it's just me?
Spent one freaking hour on the phone with Travelocity...even their agents (BTW, I think they outsource to India...) were unable to do anything. They kept bouncing me from one department to another before I finally got to speak with a supervisor who said she notified tech support and that she would "personally look into the problem and call me back". One week later after no response I got fed up and have decided to go on a cruise instead

Last edited by Jermyzy; 09-06-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 AM   #279
My homepage has been set to RS

try orbitz if you want to fly out of seattle, I found their prices to vegas cheaper then Travelocity.
CAB #7
Lucky Ducky
Ebisu Vip #17
05 Mazda3 GT 2.3
94 GSR
95 Civic Si
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #280
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Going 2 weeks with a bunch of buddies...which clubs to hit up? I can imagine it'll be hard getting in with a bunch of guys.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #281
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ShyGuy
Going 2 weeks with a bunch of buddies...which clubs to hit up? I can imagine it'll be hard getting in with a bunch of guys.
Tao
Body English
Pure
Tryst

Getting in with a bunch of guys is going to be hard. Be prepared to pay the bouncers or you can always buy one of those Vegas Nightlife passes which give you VIP and skips all the lines at every Vegas club. It's like $200ish so only get it if you'll be doing lots of clubbing.

Last edited by Ch28; 09-11-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #282
RS controls my life!

tau, tryst and pure. you either need to know someone who works there, pick up some girls to get in, or grease the bouncers at tau. as for strip clubs i recommend sapphire and spearmint rhino.
Slow-Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #283
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Has anyone ever stayed in the West Wing at the MGM Grand? Going in November and just wondering what ppl think of the west wing.
accse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #284
Banned (ABWS)

My exp @ vegas w/ 8 guys... lined up for TAO.. sucked.. didnt get in.. and all the girls got picked outta the line up so your standing w/ like 1000 guys lol.. ended up at Rhinos..

2nd nite. other buddies went to jet.. saw JT... and went to scores.. (fat chicks) bailed went back to rhinos till 6am =) GOOD TIMES

Back room @ rhinos FTW $100 bucks.

PlanetHollywood Hotel Sucks. nutting special.. should have paided a few bucks more for a nicer hotel...
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #285
ah_some

you can't really expect to get into TAO w/ 8 guys..

i went w/ 4 guys and one girl, and we kidna had trouble but luckily, we got in only b/c the night before, we went to go talk to one of the bouncers at TAO, and he gave us his card...
we called him the next day and we were in the shorter line up that night.

CoLoRs member #19 [The Enforcer, you maggots!]
RSB #6

ah_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:05 AM   #286
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally posted by accse
Has anyone ever stayed in the West Wing at the MGM Grand? Going in November and just wondering what ppl think of the west wing.
Stayed here last time and it was pretty darn good imo. Have fun!
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:01 AM   #287
i like gifs

Quote:
http://www.vegas-passport.com/

There's the link to the Vegas nightlife passport I mentioned earlier
Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #288
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

has anybody ever used the vegas passport? i'm not even sure with that they'd let you into tao with a bunch of guys
Old 09-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #289
I don't get it

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/b...041&kbid=27920

Saw this on fatwallet. This seems like a good deal. Lots of nights available for $69 per night.
forgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #290
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally posted by forgamez
https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/b...041&kbid=27920

Saw this on fatwallet. This seems like a good deal. Lots of nights available for $69 per night.
Too bad the friday and saturdays cost an arm and a leg
Old 09-18-2007, 07:14 AM   #291
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

well I booked a suite at Ventian for my trip. I hope guests have some VIP privelages to the club.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:52 AM   #292
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
has any guys here travelled to vegas themselves?

im just thinking that after semester is over and if im goin insane and need a break from everything.., if none of my buddies r up for going, i just feel like goin by myself there and just party it up...........

but i dunno bout it.. kinda think its wierd to go there by urself..
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #293
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally posted by accse
Quote:
Originally posted by 411ken
Stayed here last time and it was pretty darn good imo. Have fun!
Excellent. I will be staying there Thanksgiving long weekend
Old 09-20-2007, 01:08 PM   #294
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally posted by dub.g
has any guys here travelled to vegas themselves?

im just thinking that after semester is over and if im goin insane and need a break from everything.., if none of my buddies r up for going, i just feel like goin by myself there and just party it up...........

but i dunno bout it.. kinda think its wierd to go there by urself..

there is nothing wrong with taking a trip by yourself but i don't think las vegas is the place to go alone. it's a party town..you're gonna be kinda lonesville even if you end up finding something to keep you busy.

and if you want to be relaxing..i'd suggest somewhere more low key and calm.
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #295
i like gifs

Quote:
Hey Justin, not sure if you left yet but I just saw this for Risque

http://www.vegas.com/nightclubs/risque/

# Hours of operation: Friday - Saturday, 10:30 p.m. to the early morning hours.
# Cover price:

* Front of the line pass, includes admission (Friday and Saturday): $30, per night.
* Open Bar Package (Friday and Saturday): $60, per night. (Includes Front-of-the-line admission and premium open bar until the club closes for one. Drink types included are domestic and imported beer, wine, basic liquors [SKYY and Level Vodka, Cruzan rum, Salsa tequila, Jack Daniels and Crown Royal whiskey and bourbon, Hennessey cognac], bottled water, soda and juice. Does not include Red Bull.). Package does NOT include table seating.
* VIP Package 1: $375, per night. (Includes front-of-the-line admission for up to five, one table, one bottle of alcohol and up to three mixers. Gratuity included.)
* VIP Package 2: $475, per night. (Includes front-of-the-line admission for up to eight, one table, one bottle of alcohol and up to three mixers. Gratuity included.)

The open bar package and the VIP packages aren't so bad considering most clubs usually charge around $300 for bottle service
Old 09-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #296
i like gifs

Just booked my Vegas trip

Staying in Seattle Saturday night and catching the early 8am flight out of Seatac the next morning. Arriving in Vegas on Nov 18 and coming back Nov 22nd. ~$300/person so I think it's a great deal

Last edited by Ch28; 09-30-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #297
My homepage has been set to RS

So who's going to vegas and when?
I will be in Vegas from the 9 to 13th with a few friends. And have a vip hook up at Tao.
CAB #7
Lucky Ducky
Ebisu Vip #17
05 Mazda3 GT 2.3
94 GSR
95 Civic Si
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:22 AM   #298
i like gifs

I have a question regarding cell phone use. I'm heading down there with my gf and what would be the best method of contacting each other?

What do you guys do when you're in Vegas and are separated from your group? The roaming charges down there would be $$$...are there any pre-paid cell phone sim cards we can buy when we're down there (or locally) so we can call each other? i.e. $10 pre-paid sim card @ $0.20-$0.30/minute?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:25 AM   #299
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
I suggest you to buy yourself a prepaid SIM card from either Cingular or T-Mobile. Or, if you want, you can rent mine while you're down there. I have 2 T-Mobile SIMs with a Los Angeles number and all you have to do is add money on to it. However, if you don't forsee yourself calling each other, I would just suggest you both SMS each other since it's like $0.10 or I think $0.20/message?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 10-02-2007 at 02:27 AM.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #300
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ch28
I have a question regarding cell phone use. I'm heading down there with my gf and what would be the best method of contacting each other?

What do you guys do when you're in Vegas and are separated from your group? The roaming charges down there would be $$$...are there any pre-paid cell phone sim cards we can buy when we're down there (or locally) so we can call each other? i.e. $10 pre-paid sim card @ $0.20-$0.30/minute?

I and my 8 friends used 4 walkie talkies.

The only good/bad stuffs about is other users can hear you. Good if someone has a good conversation and try to interrupt their conversation. Bad if you need it and others are sharing the same channel.

Communication should be fine though depending on the frequenzy.
AppleSugary is offline   Reply With Quote