REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #226
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

west van marine dr. , best place to cruise at night.
Advertisement
hkRicer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #227
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
^ eagle lake road is not paved it looks like from google maps... looks like gravel

and be careful on Marine drive please. people walk their dogs at night there all the time and there are many blind corners
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #228
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmx323 View Post
^ eagle lake road is not paved it looks like from google maps... looks like gravel
Are you talking about eagle lake access road?

I haven't driven there for awhile, but the last time I went it was a restricted road.
neLLy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #229
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,066 Times in 1,252 Posts
hwy 4 port alberni to tofino

did it on a sunday morning with no cars

recommended 40km/h really means 40km/h

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #230
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

there's a road block in the middle of the oak street bridge heading south. i've seen it 3 saturdays in a row now!
sunny_j is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #231
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

This Ioco road run in Port Moody is a fun little 4KM stretch to (peacefully) cruise down. Catch it at night and you can watch the lights across the water. The road leads farther up if you turn up towards Buntzen. Don't know if it stays as relaxing and enjoyable though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-04-16 10.48.16 am.jpg (57.0 KB, 0 views)
MarkyRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #232
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,115 Times in 422 Posts
The sea to sky is pretty fun...

...at 12 midnight
TopsyCrett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #233
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

In the try cities, I Really like driving up on David Street. Mainly because the traffic is fairly light most of the time and the roads are nice and smooth
TheAsianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #234
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyRawr View Post
This Ioco road run in Port Moody is a fun little 4KM stretch to (peacefully) cruise down. Catch it at night and you can watch the lights across the water. The road leads farther up if you turn up towards Buntzen. Don't know if it stays as relaxing and enjoyable though.
my buddy got pulled over there a month or 2 ago i think... =( but it is a great stretch of road
ytchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #235
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopsyCrett View Post
The sea to sky is pretty fun...

...at 12 midnight
haha just took it to squamish at 3am, saw a total of 5 cars on the way up and down, saw 1 cop near the vancouver area though (was impounding a white IS)
dygital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #236
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dygital View Post
haha just took it to squamish at 3am, saw a total of 5 cars on the way up and down, saw 1 cop near the vancouver area though (was impounding a white IS)
Used to do night runs to Squamish like 3 times a week last summer, never saw one cop the whole summer. seems if you leave Vancouver at 9:30-10:00pm you're good. Must be shift change or something...
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:35 AM   #237
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Theres a couple roads off hwy 1 at 232 exit, take 232 down until you hit the roundabout then go down 56th to the right and you can take that down to 216th and back into the city. Allard crescent in fort langley is good too, Loops around to derby reach park. Also if you're going to merritt or further, there's a loong straight stretch just before merritt. just after if you're coming back towards van.
Exivus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exivus View Post
Also if you're going to merritt or further, there's a loong straight stretch just before merritt.
I think we know why long straight stretches are useful. Although, that one day they'll have radar and it'll be

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 07-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #239
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
I think we know why long straight stretches are useful. Although, that one day they'll have radar and it'll be
yeah, i took my car up to 220km/h on that stretch, thought i didnt make use of like the first 1/3 of it. most definitely could have gone a lot faster if i didnt run out of straight road.
Exivus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exivus View Post
yeah, i took my car up to 220km/h on that stretch, thought i didnt make use of like the first 1/3 of it. most definitely could have gone a lot faster if i didnt run out of straight road.
The fact that you're dumb enough to post that on an internet forum leads everyone to believe you actually didn't. People who actually do things like this don't go around bragging about it.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 07-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #241
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
The fact that you're dumb enough to post that on an internet forum leads everyone to believe you actually didn't. People who actually do things like this don't go around bragging about it.
you dont have to be smart to go fast, if hes dumb enough to post it hes dumb enough to do it
coolname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolname View Post
you dont have to be smart to go fast, if hes dumb enough to post it hes dumb enough to do it
Ehh... I won't get into it. Generally speaking though, people who brag about how fast they've driven, haven't driven nearly as fast as they claim.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 09-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #243
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
In the try cities, I Really like driving up on David Street. Mainly because the traffic is fairly light most of the time and the roads are nice and smooth
gdda be carefull cuz they do roadblock on david st. On weekends. But its a fun cruiz
Posted via RS Mobile
gsricer96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #244
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post

This road is incredible. There's sections where cliffs actually overhang onto the road. I'd hate to be a truck driver on that route.
The road from pemberton to lileot is my favourite so far. I randomly got in my car and started driving from vancouver to whistler, then off to lilloet. once I got there, I just kept going down to hope. Solid 10 hours of driving but it was really astounding. Lilloet feels so isolated. The scariest part was south of lilloet. A section of the highway is an uncontrolled one way road with rocks littering the road. steep cliff above, steep drop below. If I were on that road a few minutes later i would have met a wideload semi. No idea how he could navigate that pass.

The uphill climb east of osoyoos is insane too. I hit it during sunset in the summer on a weekday, nobody else on the road. I'll upload the flicks later when imageshack stops being lame.

The road from fernie to the alberta boarder was also a really amazing road. It's amazing how the mountains dramatically drop after you go through pass.

Some interesting local roads worth checking out, the road from ioco to belcarra near coquitlum has some nice hairpins. Marine drive in west van, especially during sunset. Sumas mountain. And lougheed highway between harrison lake and mission has some interesting spots, particularly around harrison mills area. Also beyond harrison hot springs there's a road that goes to hicks lake. Last time I took it it was horribly maintained though, very fun for an awd car. And half the road is paved. indian river drive near deep cove. It's a really narrow and scary street that doesn't go anywhere, but it's got some really fun straight spots and it's dead quiet. The very obvious cypress and seymour hill climbs. Hope-princeton highway is amazing too, but it's patrolled constantly and dangerous in spots. I remember the road from vernon to sicamous being a very fun two lane highway with some amazing stretches on it, mixed with some sketchy hidden driveways. When I was younger living in northern alberta my favourite day getaway was the drive from chetwynd to mackenzie. Amazing views and some very erratic and unpredictable weather.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:53 AM   #245
I am Hook'd on RS

The new trucking road that connects to scott road from fraser heights is a pretty nice drive at night
zyzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:51 PM   #246
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post

On the ferry right meow, just drove it on a beautiful sunny day, what a drive!!!
Posted via RS Mobile
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #247
I am Hook'd on RS

Drove both the coquihalla, and the hope Princeton this weekend for the first time in the car. It was great

The hope-princeton is so much fun, and i got lucky and it was practically empty the whole way. But if anyone is planning on doing it for a fun rip, i would wait a couple months until they fill all the potholes from this winter.
Traverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #248
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Drove to white pine beach, nice roads. Has some little speed bumps though.
PLUJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:20 PM   #249
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverse View Post
Drove both the coquihalla, and the hope Princeton this weekend for the first time in the car. It was great

The hope-princeton is so much fun, and i got lucky and it was practically empty the whole way. But if anyone is planning on doing it for a fun rip, i would wait a couple months until they fill all the potholes from this winter.
Be careful on the #3 because there are some notorious speed traps in there. It's really easy to go WAY over the limit on some stretches.

(Not trying to start up the speed limit debate here, there are a bazillion threads on RS dedicated to that... just fair warning.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #250
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopsyCrett View Post
Anyone in the Coquitlam area:

Head to the top of Coast meridian, through David Hill. Towards Burke Mountain. Fun little place to hoon around on. But towards the Top of Burke Mountain (Harper Road) becomes a dirt road.

Usually no traffic and no cops.
I go up there often. I live 5 mins away, I remeber the corner on street view, I under steered and almost hit a van coming the opposite way.

Also a great place to watch the sunset set.
LeadFootLiam is offline   Reply With Quote