REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #301
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Squamish to Poeteau Cove - Raw Footage

Advertisement
Kure GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #302
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvi604 View Post
How long did that take? Sounds awesome.
I did this loop. Left downtown at about 9:30AM, got back in town about 11:45PM. Made stops at Hope and Lilloet for food. Also stopped at Porteau Cove, Joffre Lakes, and other various pulloffs for views.

We were running late due to a detour through Mission to hit Dewdney Trunk road and took the 12 instead of Highway 1 > 99 to save an hour going from Lytton to Lilloet. The road surface on the 12 is brutal even in an IS, and I've heard that 99 especially by Pavillion is a ton of fun.

The leg from Lilloet to Pemberton is an absolute riot. Tons of elevation changes, sharp corners, and switchbacks. The second half has great scenery (make sure to stop by Joffre Lakes) and has an fun downhill section if you have the brakes for it.

My recommendation would be to either take something with even better chassis than an IS F-Sport, or take something more comfortable than an IS F-Sport. When taking the 12 and Duffey Lake road at an aggressive pace, it felt a bit underdamped. At the same time, the ride was a little rough for the long drive, and the ventilated seats not very well ventilated.

Though I had some criticisms for the car, I came away incredibly impressed by IS's nonetheless. Easy to drive if you're just loafing along, but if you ask for more it wakes up and feels like an E46. Firm brake pedal that was easy to modulate, good feedback through the steering but not too heavy, and pretty fun to toss around.. it felt incredibly at home driving at 6-7/10ths on the Sea to Sky.

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 11-07-2017 at 05:13 PM.
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2017, 11:04 PM   #303
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,745 Times in 788 Posts
don't go too crazy on that downhill stretch unless you like some buttrape by reservation cops

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #304
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

just keep driving north the farther you go the nicer it gets
Hector3Civics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #305
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 5,616 Times in 2,303 Posts
may be it's a completely different experience on 2-wheels, but the duffy lake loop in a car is overrated IMO

Lillooet is bland and ugly

only real highlights past sea-to-sky are pockets between whistler and duffy lake and short stretches of the fraser canyon

haven't explored many BC roads but I like hwy 4 on the island to ucluelet/tofino

some of my favourites outside of BC

Zion Mt. Carmel, Utah

Esterel Massif, France

Taroko Gorge, Taiwan