REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 08-03-2017, 09:20 PM   #2626
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
good choice

i'm a big sony camera fanboy but wouldn't recommend investing an a6300 only to adapt lenses

doubt you'll keep the Nikon crop for much longer
We'll see. I really like landscape, night, and astrophotography. My D7200 excels in these categories and I don't know if I would make the complete jump to mirrorless yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCubed View Post
I got a A7ii just to adapt lenses. Matsuda did too Lol.
FX is a little different. I wouldn't hesitate to adapt lenses for FX body. Compared to other FX DSLR, the A7 variants saves so much on weight and does better at video than most others.
Advertisement

Last edited by 3klipze; 08-04-2017 at 07:56 AM.
3klipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #2627
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Bought the XT1 + 14mm F2.8 last year to replace my D7000 + 24/70 as I wanted something lighter to carry around. So far, I've barely used my Fuji as I just don't have the time to post-process images these days.

I use mostly my cell phone camera. I'm contemplating in selling my setup. Aside from the flexibility of image processing and higher resolution for printing, I just don't see I will use my Fuji as much. Kind of torn whether I should sell it or keep it in case I do somehow end up needing to use the camera. I do use it for car events, but that's rare these days as well...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #2628
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
planning on getting a macro lens in either 30 or 50 for the sony a6500
anyone have one i can try out? (or for sale )

this is for product photos for online store.

TIA
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #2629
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Bought the XT1 + 14mm F2.8 last year to replace my D7000 + 24/70 as I wanted something lighter to carry around. So far, I've barely used my Fuji as I just don't have the time to post-process images these days.

I use mostly my cell phone camera. I'm contemplating in selling my setup. Aside from the flexibility of image processing and higher resolution for printing, I just don't see I will use my Fuji as much. Kind of torn whether I should sell it or keep it in case I do somehow end up needing to use the camera. I do use it for car events, but that's rare these days as well...
sell the body at least
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #2630
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Just hoping if any of you guru's could chime in, I'm looking to get a gift for my girlfriend. She's considering a Casio EX-FR10WE camera based on recommendation from her friend. Where would be the best place to shop for a deal for one or is there a more bang for buck camera that is recommended within that budget?

She's merely a beginner so point and shoot with decent photos is all she is after.

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #2631

what phone is she using?
that looks like an old imported action cam...don't waste your money on that for photos
Old 09-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #2632
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Just a samsung s5 so not the greatest.

Thanks for the input. She is merely intrigued by the fact that the Casio is able to separate and use it remotely. Any suggestions for cameras under the $500 range with that feature?
Old 09-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #2633

what's she hoping to gain from being able to shoot remotely?
assuming there won't be many dimly-lit indoor or nighttime photos, she should just put that money towards a new phone...which has improved drastically in the last few years for 'decent photos' to be posted on social media
Old 09-14-2017, 07:43 AM   #2634
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
I got the Sony AGR2 grip that uses double sided tape to stick on. Works well, doesn't stick out farther than the lens. I think it was like $20. Make a huge difference when holding the camera.

Spoiler!
what rx100 is that???

i have one and can't figure out if i have the mk1 or mk2, doubt it's the mk3 lol

i bought it used and can't remember. also have the same grip (original owner put it on) and it's great.

FANTASTIC travel camera though that takes great pictures. used it on my last 9 month trip. left the DSLR at home. soooo much easier to carry around. not as much zoom but worth it.

i want to get a dive housing for it, but i might upgrade to a newer rx100 first before i spend that much on a dive housing.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #2635

RX100 model number is near the PASM dial and/or on the serial number tag
Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #2636
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

ok thanks i'll take a look
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote