REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   What's the last movie you saw and rate it... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/513888-whats-last-movie-you-saw-rate.html)

gilly 03-19-2021 08:34 AM

Just watched Zack Synder's Justice League. 4 hour movie lolol.

8.5/10. Very good movie... a lot better and darker. Was kind of confused in why he left it at 4:3 ratio when everyone is at home watching it on crave. Was a little frustrating...

Obsideon 03-19-2021 12:32 PM

Shit I don't think I've ever watched a 4 hour movie haha... at least it's not in the theatre my bladder would explode.

MarkyMark 03-19-2021 03:45 PM

So is this Justice League like a completely different movie than the other one, or just edited with more scenes?

Bender Unit 03-21-2021 10:51 AM

Zack Snyder’s Justice League
8/10

interesting. They used a shitty movie (Justice League 2017) added 2 hours extra for characters developments, reshoots...etc.
re-design CGI SteppenWolf (still look like shit) and his pals :lol
and turned out a pretty Good Movie

mikemhg 03-22-2021 11:13 AM

Zack Snyder’s Justice League 7/10.

Watched it with the gf last night.

It was alright, but man these movies just validate for me how these comic movies just don't work on the big screen.

They're corny, and generally comic book villains in DC have terrible motivations. This makes it hard to understand what the villain's true goal is. I feel like Marvel did a better job with Thanos's reasonings, where as with Darkseid his need for the MacGuffin didn't make any sense, why does he need to rule every universe? He seems already supremely powerful, and has everything he needs.

The movie really proves that these characters are always better in their own films, Batman especially. He seems tacked on in this film, a few times we actually laughed out loud at him in these battles against demigods with his little bat plane and bat mobile :lol

Sort of like Hawkeye/Black Window/Captain America in the Avengers.

Severely underpowered characters thrown in to make the fans happy, they just don't fit into these crisis/buddy up films.

Traum 03-22-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 9021568)
Sort of like Hawkeye/Black Window/Captain America in the Avengers.

Severely underpowered characters thrown in to make the fans happy, they just don't fit into these crisis/buddy up films.

Hawkeye for sure; Black Widow is kind of borderline to me; but Captain America? I gotta disagree on that. You gotta re-watch Civil War, man.

6793026 03-22-2021 11:48 PM

Zack Snyder’s Justice League was pretty decent on what they had to deal with.

honestly, with 4-5 characters and a pressing issue of earth being destroyed...they did a decent job given they gave everyone a background story. I didn't think they could have done it in 2 hrs so I thought it was totally interesting enough for me

I did find it super impressive to have zero (or close to minimal) army dudes trying to shot things they couldn't possibly kill. ahahha

8.5/10

6793026 03-28-2021 12:25 AM

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...xNzM@._V1_.jpg

For a HK movie, this was NOT bad.
1) director is famous for blowing things up
2) huge budget to blow shit up
3) 劉青雲 and andy lau being back together after 10+ yrs is not bad.

Man have they aged.

Honestly, how they put up with a weird 180 degree of a script was not that welcomed. Can't you just make a standard good cop chasing after a bad guy story line. You don't need to throw in The Departed story line in every cop and robber movie in Hong Kong you know. ahhahhaha

the CGI at the opening scene was so shitty I was so turned off but luckily it wasn't what they set as a standard.

one of the biggest hype of a movie so I was glad I watched it but that's cause there's nothing else to watch 7/10

sonick 03-28-2021 08:26 AM

8/10 Snyder's Justice League.

Enjoyable movie. Given they had 4 hours the plot was pretty tight in terms of backstory and how it all comes together.

Ending dragged on a bit could have cut at least 30 mins but k guess when it's already 3.5hrs long may as well YOLO

bigzz786786 03-28-2021 12:04 PM

Space Sweepers 7/10

Solid entertaining movie for covid times. Its streaming on Netflix and is a korean movie with a lot of english too. It was funny and action-packed. Character development was very meh, but who cares these days when it comes to these types of space sci-fi action adventure comedies.

Liquid_o2 03-29-2021 08:24 AM

Palm Springs with Andy Samberg. Surprisingly funny and entertaining throughout. Not usually a big fan of his stuff, but script and idea behind the whole movie was really well thought out.

ilovebacon 03-30-2021 02:23 AM

Mr.Money 03-31-2021 09:07 PM

Godzilla vs King Kong.

6/10.

Cheesy and the ending was very rushed, they made it look dark in the previews but it was really a huge CGI mess with poor story telling.....i felt no connection to any actors in the film and there wasn't even any blood for a "Monster battle" movie.....really seems odd you're seeing all these punches and no results....sucks really.

makes me happy i didn't pay for this in theater cause i would be pissed spending 15 dollars to watch it.

6793026 04-01-2021 03:40 PM

^ I was told the shit didn't even have human actors worth nothing... it was all CGI battling shit.

Mr.Money 04-01-2021 04:33 PM

whats even a little screwed up is that they had the battle in china and i always thought Godzilla's battle ground was in japan....or at least from what i remember in my childhood that was always the orgin's of godzilla vs any monster.

i guess i kind of wanted to see tokyo tower get fucked up or shibuya be leveled as entertainment....at least something in that sense of where it all goes down in the 1962 retro version as a little throwback to pay respects.

before the movies release someone called out Kong laying and stepping on sea ships like if its strong or stable enough for him to be even on one...
Spoiler!

Fuck :facepalm: i feel hardcore fans really like the film no matter what but People who've watched so many good films in their lifetime this fell short from the hype, and the series feels like its being milked now from the whole "Remake" game Hollywood is playing in this century

Ch28 04-03-2021 04:29 PM

We enjoyed it for a cheesy action movie but you need to watch it with logic thrown out the door. The worst part was how Kong stood ankle-deep in the middle of the ocean as if he was walking around a wading pool.

MarkyMark 04-03-2021 07:05 PM

Yeah the story was definitely lacking, but I'm not going to complain about 'Godzilla vs Kong' being a CGI mess lol, you had to know what you were getting into watching a popcorn movie with two fake beasts going at it.

pastarocket 04-05-2021 03:40 PM

Snyder Cut - Justice League 8/10.

-good character development for all the superheroes given the four hour plus movie length.

-funny scenes in Avengers movies are better than the forced humour from the dialogue between some of the heroes.

-felt more cringey than funny for some scenes.

white rocket 04-05-2021 07:26 PM

Godzilla Vs. Kong 6/10 - Action and effects were on point but the story and how it played out was kind of shit. I would have liked a more drawn out ending; it felt super rushed.

sonick 04-09-2021 08:46 PM

Green Book 9.5/10

Came on Netflix recently. So good. Great mix of drama and comedy, fantastic heartwarming story.

6793026 04-11-2021 08:42 AM

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...2RuvBxRQyaf9gP

Minari.

Man it was NOT an easy movie to watch. A tad slow but it kept it as 1970s era. Acting was decent and man, the baby boy killed it in the movie Super cute.

Really talks about immigration to mid west from China. While my dad and mom weren't farmers, I could see a few bits and pieces on what they struggled on.

I wouldn't watch the trailer but all in all, it was a solid watch. Decent acting, I just thought it was a bit flat. The ending call it what you want, is flat. Might need to google for intrepretation.

sonick 04-16-2021 10:12 PM

Nobody: 10/10

I fucking loved this movie. It's a Joe six pack John Wick meets Home Alone.

Bob Odenkirk is a fucking badaasss.

SkinnyPupp 04-17-2021 07:53 AM

I second the recommendation for Nobody. I went into it blind, just like I did with John Wick, and I was rewarded with two hugely entertaining movies.

Now THIS is what I look for in a "turn off your brain and enjoy the show" movie. Not badly animated CG characters fighting each other on a blurry screen.

68style 04-17-2021 07:48 PM

Thirds for Nobody, just finished it, loved it... some great killshots and comedic moments that don't come off cheesy at all.

8/10

Spoiler!

SkinnyPupp 04-17-2021 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 9024139)
Thirds for Nobody, just finished it, loved it... some great killshots and comedic moments that don't come off cheesy at all.

8/10

Spoiler!

Spoiler!