REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 08-11-2003, 05:51 PM   #4076
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackFC
Yay! 2 new engine grounds = solid idle! And it also fixed the problem of my tach not working when car is cold or if its cold outside. Before it would not come on until the engine had fully warmed up unless it was a really hot day out then it would just work. Now, in the cold of 5:30am with stone cold engine the tach works right from the get go.

I need grippy tires. Last night on the way home I tried launching from a stop through an intersection. Held it at around 3800rpm and when it whent green light I whent for it. Well my tires instantly broke loose in a very aggressive manner, in fact I whent no where for a second, they just spun on the spot.....then as I started moving they spun all the way through the intersection. This was with letting off the gas a little bit and trying to feather it a bit. There was no traction at all....was pretty pathetic actually. Probably looked pretty bad ass though if there had been anyone to see it. Oh well. Its raining a bit today...hopefully it will rain tonight.....*cough* drift session *cough*

later
-Justin
More grounds fixed you idle?Cool.I heard FC's had shitty grounds but that proves they do.
Advertisement

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

2004 GMC CANYON SLE Crew cab 4x4(BIG Red)
Rx racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 08:08 PM   #4077
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
ROTARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 09:31 PM   #4078

Timpo: Need a avatar?

1988 Mazda B2200(Project Repu <----(For sale!!!!PM Me)http://photos3.hi5.com/0060/335/782/tm.xyx335782-02.jpg

Old 08-11-2003, 10:09 PM   #4079

Quote:
Originally posted by Rx racer
Timpo: Need a avatar?
That's awesome!

Old 08-11-2003, 10:29 PM   #4080

93 MAZDA RX7, 5 spd, montego blue, 70,000 kms, brand new eng just broken in & sgl turbo, high performance engine, to many mods to list, capable of 400+hp, no accidents, rcpts $27,000 obo. Vancouver Tel: 604-816-3331
Old 08-11-2003, 11:09 PM   #4081
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I think some of Justin's stock ground fell off...that's why there was a noticible improvement. However, extra grounds get rid of a 3800RPM stumble found on most FC's don't they?
Old 08-11-2003, 11:14 PM   #4082

are you guys going to have any RX-7 meet soon?
On August 24th, there is Island Imports car show so I think you guys should enter your car as Team RX-7 maybe?
I don't know...
Old 08-12-2003, 12:09 AM   #4083
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Where exactly is this import show on the 24th?
t0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 12:10 AM   #4084

Quote:
Originally posted by t0mmy
Where exactly is this import show on the 24th?
Mayfair shopping center

Last edited by Timpo; 08-12-2003 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:54 AM   #4085
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally posted by NanaimoRx-7
I think some of Justin's stock ground fell off...that's why there was a noticible improvement. However, extra grounds get rid of a 3800RPM stumble found on most FC's don't they?
Yeah I am thinking my old ones fell off, or one of them at least. Cause it was fine for a while and then it started getting bad. But I think they were also partially wrecked for a long time cause that problem I had with my tach not working when cold out or cold engine has been going on since winter. The new engine grounds fixed that completely. Since I put them on the tach has worked every start up no matter where or when or what the conditions are. I'm gonna see about getting my stock grounds fixed eventually, and also add maybe 1 more somewhere. That should help it out good I hope.

1 week and 4 days until I order the header....finally. Damn I cannot wait to get it in there.

Lets pray for more rain guys.....slidin those corners yesterday was fun as hell when it was raining.

later
-Justin

"Objects in Mirror are Piston Powered."
91TII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:18 AM   #4086

I have not watched all of this video yet....but it looks sweet. They put an FD, Skyline, Silvia, and Supra all against each other in a test for the best Japan super car. Although they are not all insanly tuned I don't think...the FD doesn't have much done to it (HP wise that is)...anyways....you'll see.

http://www.bobaedream.co.kr/board/da...lect=&content=

later
-Justin

EDIT:
Just watched it. Too bad the FD only has 320HP and the other cars are all around 500-600HP. On the 1st lap the FD kills them all until the straight stretch and then they all pass him and start pulling away for the next couple laps. But in the end he gets 2nd, Supra gets 1st.....you'll see how......

I especially liked the move that we all know Tyler is preping his car for. The guy in the supra cannot get past the Skyline so what does he do? He turns on his "ultra bright HID headlights" and trys to blind the guy in front of him. hehe...

Last edited by 91TII; 08-12-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:29 PM   #4087

Quote:
FC's are lacking grounds so when you add a extra one or two you'll notice a significant improvement.I hate the 3800rpm shit they were plagued with stock

Old 08-12-2003, 09:12 PM   #4088

Old 08-13-2003, 09:22 AM   #4089
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
I have not watched all of this video yet....but it looks sweet. They put an FD, Skyline, Silvia, and Supra all against each other in a test for the best Japan super car. Although they are not all insanly tuned I don't think...the FD doesn't have much done to it (HP wise that is)...anyways....you'll see.

later
-Justin

EDIT:
Just watched it. Too bad the FD only has 320HP and the other cars are all around 500-600HP. On the 1st lap the FD kills them all until the straight stretch and then they all pass him and start pulling away for the next couple laps. But in the end he gets 2nd, Supra gets 1st.....you'll see how......

I especially liked the move that we all know Tyler is preping his car for. The guy in the supra cannot get past the Skyline so what does he do? He turns on his "ultra bright HID headlights" and trys to blind the guy in front of him. hehe...
Anyone else feel a surge of pride as that weak FD held off three horsepower demons in the corners?

Quote:
Originally posted by abinga
You're all too white to be saying nigga, except for Jeff.
jeffraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 09:22 PM   #4090

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffraider
Anyone else feel a surge of pride as that weak FD held off three horsepower demons in the corners?

Old 08-14-2003, 07:17 AM   #4091

Quote:

later
-Justin

EDIT:

FD had 350hp actually
Old 08-14-2003, 04:09 PM   #4092

Hey Timpo, what does Timpo mean. I heard rumour that it was a pretty awesome word. So I asked this Japanese girl at dinner the other night...she wasn't sure on my pronounciation...but the best I could get out of her was "Penis" but I think it's better than that. She was just too embarassed to say it. So what's the deal?
Old 08-14-2003, 04:41 PM   #4093

Quote:
Hey Timpo, what does Timpo mean. I heard rumour that it was a pretty awesome word. So I asked this Japanese girl at dinner the other night...she wasn't sure on my pronounciation...but the best I could get out of her was "Penis" but I think it's better than that. She was just too embarassed to say it. So what's the deal?
Hahahahahaha

yeah one of my friend speaks Japanese. He is an American but he used to live in Japan so he thought exact same thing too.
Anyways, Timpo is my friend's dad's nickname. His name is Tim, but he gave dad a nickname called Timpo.

And as for penis, Timpo is pretty close. In Japanese, we call Chinpo(or Chinpoko) as penis. pretty close but not quite. I didn't even noticed when I put my user name.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:36 PM   #4094

These fog lights are PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alrighty.....got so frustrated with these fog lights today. They are just teasing me now.

I removed the entire system, all the wires and the lights and all of it. Had it all on the ground just sittin there. So I attach all the wires and all of that shit. Put the power on the + battery terminal, attach the ground wire to a good ground on the car. Put in a 25 amp fuse in the fuse spot. Turn em on and BAM! THEY LIGHT UP!!!!!!! I think "Fuckin sweet got em working!" So I install the lights and move the switch to inside the cabin. Did not change anything. Used the same ground point, obviously the same + battery terminal. Its all installed and good to go.....flick the switch and BAM! THE FUSE BLOWS! So I try again....and again....and again......whent through 5 fuses trying to figure it out. I checked and rechecked everything....all the connections are good and strong. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG!?!?!?!?!?! Why do they work when just sittin on the grass, but I bolt em to the car and just keeps blowing the fuse. What a pain in the ass! Bastard lights hate me! anyways.....theres my rant.

Feel free to comment on things to try to get them to work.

later
-Justin

PS. For those who don't know, I have had these lights on my car for a while and have not been able to get them working. So getting them to light up when on the ground surprised me and thats why I thought I had fixed them and was happy.

Last edited by 91TII; 08-14-2003 at 08:38 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:04 PM   #4095

If your blowing fuses its shorting or using more current than the fuse can handle.Make sure your + wire is grounding anywhere.Then see how much current they draw and get a fuse 5 amps bigger than the current draw.

Old 08-14-2003, 09:07 PM   #4096

Quote:
Originally posted by Rx racer
If your blowing fuses its shorting or using more current than the fuse can handle.Make sure your + wire is grounding anywhere.Then see how much current they draw and get a fuse 5 amps bigger than the current draw.
I've checked all the wires. The power wire isn't grounding anywhere at all. I carefully inspected all of the wire and any spot that looked like it had gotten even slightly bare I taped it up with electrical tape. The 25 amp fuse should work....it worked in Tylers car. Thats who I got these lights and wires from by the way. I know they work and had them working today as I said....no idea what it could be though.

later
-Justin

Old 08-15-2003, 05:32 PM   #4097

Quote:
I've checked all the wires. The power wire isn't grounding anywhere at all. I carefully inspected all of the wire and any spot that looked like it had gotten even slightly bare I taped it up with electrical tape. The 25 amp fuse should work....it worked in Tylers car. Thats who I got these lights and wires from by the way. I know they work and had them working today as I said....no idea what it could be though.

later
-Justin
Faulty switch.Try bypassing it to see if they work without it.Takes a few minutes.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:20 PM   #4098

Tofino: Tasty.

On the way up from that gas station to the junction took 1 hour...15 minutes off the pace. I remember about 14 seperate passes, some with up to 3 cars and 180 km's. But we got nailed down behind 5 vans and went slow for 10-15 minutes. That hurt.

Trip. Was goign to take it easy. Fat Chance. Started out slow like last time then wound into it. Uncountable number of passes, 90% of passing lanes were put to use. Time to gas station 50 minutes. Worked the corners alot harder, but took it easy on the open road part of the last stretch. Too early for speed runs like that.

I'd say a clean run at night I could work it down to 35 pretty easy.

PS Tyler. Yuo = teH moron. I stopped, waited...then heard you drive off while I was wandering around my car waiting. Didn't think I could catch up.

PPS Actually it's becaue I had to PEE
NanaimoRx-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 02:04 PM   #4099

Quote:
PS Actually it's becaue I had to PEE [/B]

Old 08-16-2003, 03:07 PM   #4100
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

REX RHYMES WITH SEX

Quote:
Originally posted by abinga
You're all too white to be saying nigga, except for Jeff.
jeffraider is offline   Reply With Quote