REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   Let's just talk about , rx-7's! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/52225-lets-just-talk-about-rx-7s.html)

DC450 06-08-2002 10:14 AM

Yeah, sounds real nice

bcty 06-08-2002 11:34 AM

ok guys... i started a rx7 club awhile ago and i am always trying to recroute some more ppl so far its me, nanaimo-Rx7, Rdhardy , DC450, and i think Canadian Rx7 is thinking about it.. but i guess we were talking about a meet next saturday? we can talk about it then.. but let me know if you are intrested!

EightTrack 06-08-2002 12:03 PM

I'm interested.

Anything set for next weekend, or is it still up in the air?

CanadianRX7 06-08-2002 12:45 PM

Lets make a time etc.. wanna do a day meet or night meet?

bcty 06-08-2002 11:38 PM

how about 6ish 7 ish in Vic and someone name a good spot that is really easy to find and we can all meet up there! :)

bcty 06-08-2002 11:39 PM

oh i guess it was set for the 15th!

NashMan 06-09-2002 07:20 AM

well this is sugestion but alot of poeple go to the siliver city upper parking lot but if it is dering the night time then it may be kinda full

CanadianRX7 06-09-2002 09:00 AM

well lets pick up everyone on the way. All the nanimo people come together and then i will join up for the drive to vic.

yea the mall sounds good but chances are it will be full.

NashMan 06-09-2002 03:17 PM

well i just talked oyt friend of mine if you get there befor 6 there is no prob you will allways have alot of room but after 8 is when alot of people go see movies ect

but at 6 there like no one there there start to so aroudn 7

EightTrack 06-09-2002 05:22 PM

Was surfing around today and found this....

http://2ndgenrx7.freeservers.com/performance.html

You may notice that the RX-7 is faster in both N/A and turbo. :)

CanadianRX7 06-09-2002 06:22 PM

yea i know i have that site too. If u want rx7 links i have lots.

bcty 06-09-2002 07:13 PM

hmm where to meet.... how about we all meet halfway.. in Duncan so we dont have to fart around Vic to find ppl.. and then from there we can cruise... ;) so lets start making some hard plans

EightTrack 06-09-2002 07:15 PM

So any ideas on what I should do for exhaust? I'm pretty much lost, hehe.

I'm looking at a Bonez superflo and Corksport SS catback. What do you think?

http://www.rx7.com/cgi-local/2catalog.cgi?cat=4&part=1

http://www.corksport.com/rx7/2rxindex.html

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

bcty 06-09-2002 07:21 PM

this is what u do... go buy a SS muffler(no tip just muffler) and buy another muffler that you will use... go to exhaust shop... Sidney tire did a good job on mine.... get them to put a whole new single exhaust on your car... and save yourself 500$ american! custom is better then store bought...

NashMan 06-09-2002 09:31 PM

yae i fully agreee i just did that and you know the price i paid and now it just fucken nuts 3 inc apexi n1 can

just find a muffler and find out how much backpsuer you need

and size of piping hey give troy a call he is bond to know

bcty 06-09-2002 10:59 PM

i got that backpressue thing all figured out just put on 2.5inch all the way back and bring car to me

EightTrack 06-09-2002 11:17 PM

Yup it's 2.5 for N/A's.

So no cat's? Just straight pipe all the way? So I'll I need to get is a muffler? What do you recommend? Price to have it done by a shop?

Answer me!! :D

Thanks guys, I don't wanna waste money on name brands if I'm not going to see an improvment. One thing to consider though, Will the shop build it to withstand rotary temperatures? I've heard of more than one exhaust being ruined within a month of instalation because of the heat.

EightTrack 06-09-2002 11:23 PM

Ok hold on, beer clouding my mind a little here...

" go buy a SS muffler(no tip just muffler) and buy another muffler that you will use... "

I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Get 2 mufflers?? Why no tip??

JDM_CTR 06-10-2002 01:03 AM

get a hks hyper , they look cool and sound great

NashMan 06-10-2002 06:50 AM

greg trust me you will be fine whith aumiled steel turbo exhuast are shit load hooter then any na based rotory caues remmber you will have to buy header gettting em made cost more

i find it funny a cop stop beside me and ask me to rev my motor so i did and he said i like you exhuast sound that just make's me get goose bumps hehehe

but if you were to run 2.5 whiht no cats no resanter that is alot of back persure gone and will be very very loud i find and wonte that kill some of the lower end

but i can be wroung

Timpo 06-10-2002 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JDM_CTR
get a hks hyper , they look cool and sound great
HKS Hyper?
U mean Hiper?
I think it spells Hiper but I'm not sure.

bcty 06-10-2002 09:07 AM

you get the SS muffler with no tip to put in place of the prescilencer.. works just the same... has to be SS becuase of the rotary heat... and put a good muffler on the back... you can do this for really cheep at a muffler shop... and you can do this and save up for the header if u want or do it all at once

bcty 06-10-2002 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by EightTrack
[B

Thanks guys, I don't wanna waste money on name brands if I'm not going to see an improvment. One thing to consider though, Will the shop build it to withstand rotary temperatures? I've heard of more than one exhaust being ruined within a month of instalation because of the heat. [/B]
As long as u have SS mufflers then it should be fine... the rotary exhaust is not going to burn holes in the piepes.. i bought a Ractive SS muffler and i love it sounds great looks great... no probs..

NanaimoRx-7 06-10-2002 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone knows that we're talking about Stainless Steel PACKED Mufflers, right?

Power Pulse Presilencer 1986-92 RX-7
Manual - Non-turbo*

The Power Pulse Presilencer is designed to be used with our wide selection of RX-7 Streetable Header/ Collectors to complete a bolt-on configuration. This same Power Pulse Presilencer is included as a sub-component with the Catalytic Converter Replacement Pipe/Presilencer assemblies we offer for all 1986-92 RX-7s. Furthermore, these Power Pulse Presilencers are ideal for those individuals wanting to fabricate custom exhaust systems incorporating either long or short primaries.
The Power Pulse Presilencer improves the character of the exhaust noise, dramatically reducing the inherent, obnoxious metallic high frequency noise with virtually no power loss. Constructed with perforated core of 304 Stainless Steel wrapped with high-temperature stainless steel wool, the Power Pulse Presilencer measures 20 inches in length with a 4-inch outside diameter. Additionally, the Power Pulse Presilencers we offer for use with non-turbo 1986-92 6-port engines feature the backpressure sensing tube necessary for proper operation of the 6-port actuator valves.

But if you don't care about name brands at all, there are alternatives. I got my pre-silencers from australia 80$ for the pair. EIGHT TRACK I have a spare glass pack (don't ask, I was forced by the cops to put it on) that was used for a couple weeks (and yes, they lose effectiveness VERY quickly) that I could give you. I've heard of people cutting them open re-packing them with SS and welding them shut. Ain't the prettiest but it would work.

NanaimoRx-7 06-10-2002 11:14 AM

Side note: 4 banger WOT temps 1100-1400 F
Rotary Insanity WOT temps 1800-2100 F !!!
Make sure you mention the insane temps to your muffler shop so that they use a thicker walled tubing. Later.