REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   Let's just talk about , rx-7's! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/52225-lets-just-talk-about-rx-7s.html)

CanadianRX7 06-03-2002 02:33 PM

Nashman u cant throw any big engine in a car and think that it will go fast. U will have to get a whole new drivetrain etc.. and then the 50/50 weight is going to be right fucked and the car will handle like shit.

1.3L to a 5.6/5.7?? i forget what a 350 is and im too lazy to figure it out but anyways its smarter and more cost effective to only use a engine that weighs not much more then 150lbs or so more. Unless u want a pure drager.

Are the mini spints next sunday?? when do they start??

NashMan 06-03-2002 03:04 PM

alls i know is if you say that vovle it was pretty stock lookign it just drag car it did so horible it was not funny but it was turqy

you whould have to see it to think what i was thinking

when peopel pop v8 is rx7 it chnages the car so much that it is not rx7 no more hell eevn if you pop a 3 rotor int ehre the weight changes i i say pop a supra chager in them or street port em and do all tehother fixings and the you got killer na

boost is for supra na's are for rx7's

don't liekt he t2 rx7s that much as i like turbo supra's if you have drive both you may know what i am talkign about or it is just me

my ca ri whould love to own are a ae86/rx7 gtus/mrk3 supra that i own /mrk4 supra case i love the way they look and the power but as for drive feel whould have no clue caue si never driven one

CanadianRX7 06-03-2002 06:18 PM

reasons why i liek the T2 more then the supra turbo:

- rx7's slaughter a supra in cornering
- rx7s weight 600 pounds less
- the looks are a draw i think. I love the looks of both of them and its hard to compare
- cost about $4000 less to buy
- the rx7 is .6 faster in the 1/4 mile stock form
- rowtaree is better then piston :)

What i like about the supra is that they have fucking tons of torque!!!!They are fast and they have lots of aftermarket parts. I also have never been in a turbo supra just a n/a one.

everything i hate stated are facts and are not just my opinion. Well except my 3rd and last points lol.

I was going to buy another car but not the TII, it would be the turbo supra/mr2 turbo. but then again they are a min or $4000 more.

NashMan 06-03-2002 06:37 PM

well i did the test on my pooter and the supra is wee bit faster i am talking wee bit faster like .1 or 2 faster

and 1/4 mile is .3 faster

this is all on the hard top supra not the targa caue si weight more caues it has extra support to stop flew caues there is no roof

but theny ou take surpa and do free mods and shim waste gate and push like 10 psi and there is a big wopping 33 to 40 more hp

and about 40 to 50 pounds of turq

and as for handleing is away what typ of car you like hwo the turbo kicks in ect i did not lie how the t2 turbo kick in reminded me od soem pushing behind me didn't liek it

plain and simple the supra is faster any wya you look at it that is one reson why there was so many parts made for it

but one ba thing thou bhg but you got your seal so it kinda equle

CanadianRX7 06-03-2002 06:45 PM

umm no!!! stock for stock the t2 is faster sorry
http://2ndgenrx7.freeservers.com/performance.html

i think times for both cars are a little slow but i dont care. Full exhaust adds 59hp!!! tid mod addeds 20hp and thats 10 psi of boost right there.

NashMan 06-03-2002 06:58 PM

but again shiming is free no money needed if you shim and and do exhaust you can be arounf 300 or tad over and 327 pounds of turq trust me i like both cars i know alot about supra and lerning alot about rx7 for the past half year

all in all supra is faster just ask eight track i cna show you my cool littel progy that gives of inof on about 1000 cars and more

all in all rx7 rock for beaning na but turbos are for going fast down stright strech

if you wan tot be mad handler go na caues nothing will beat one

DC450 06-03-2002 07:42 PM

Love to!

I'd love to come on the 15th i might be workin but i'm not sure, I could ask for the day off. I got the clutch on today, torqued all the bolts, and greased the tranny up and the throw out bearing, and got er ready to pop in tomorrow. Good progress, i can't wait to go Rx-7 driving... :D oh, and i cleaned the tranny with Varsol...hey anyone know if there is supposed to be a gasket between the engine block and the tranny? Cause i'm not to sure, because there is really no point..There is a hole for the starter and some others... Thanks guys!

Evan

DC450 06-03-2002 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NashMan
but again shiming is free no money needed if you shim and and do exhaust you can be arounf 300 or tad over and 327 pounds of turq trust me i like both cars i know alot about supra and lerning alot about rx7 for the past half year

all in all supra is faster just ask eight track i cna show you my cool littel progy that gives of inof on about 1000 cars and more

all in all rx7 rock for beaning na but turbos are for going fast down stright strech

if you wan tot be mad handler go na caues nothing will beat one

Can a supra Turbo do 160 miles an hour with a simple exhaust mod? Supra would loserin a straight line, and in corners get taught a very good lesson.

CanadianRX7 06-03-2002 07:57 PM

thats what i have been saying. There is no doubt yoru car is fast and all that but stock for stock a rx7 is faster. Who cares...

U mean between the clutch and the tranny??hmm i just did my clutch on saturday but i cant remember lol.. U could always just silicon it to be safe and u dotn have to pay the couple bucks for a gasket.

DC450 06-03-2002 07:59 PM

You have Msn?

If not...any tips for installin the tranny?

Timpo 06-03-2002 08:10 PM

DC450,
what year is your RX-7?

DC450 06-03-2002 08:18 PM

87 GXL, wish it were a 94 :D

CanadianRX7 06-03-2002 08:23 PM

DC my icq is 63113791 i wont be on msn for u to send me any messages. Its ry_guyrx7@hotmail.com anyways though

bcty 06-03-2002 09:13 PM

so whats up about the meet... im down for the 15th... just le me know.. lets try and get all of us out there

white_FD3S 06-03-2002 11:00 PM

...depends on where and when on the 15th...I work until 6pm.

Paradox 06-04-2002 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DC450

Can a supra Turbo do 160 miles an hour with a simple exhaust mod? Supra would loserin a straight line, and in corners get taught a very good lesson.

umm yes it can, and without ANY mods, ive done 160mph+, and the car was riding smooth as shit from a ducks ass.

as for losing in corners, uhhh.. maybe lower speed corners but up at high speeds, give me a supra any day!

no Rx bashing intended, i used to own one and have driven many others.

but the supra is clearly a better car when it comes down to true GT characteristics.

the Rx is a better car for tight cornering and a great bang for the buck. out of the box, the supra is a higher end car... no offense, i love Rx's.

NashMan 06-04-2002 07:09 AM

the supra people have invated hehehe just kidding but it fully ture

i know alot about cars light cars are bad at high speed and even some med speed

but stock to stock no targa mrk 3 are faster int eh quter mile and such there so close it not even funny

well here take look this is done by math and every thing

CanadianRX7 06-04-2002 07:12 AM

u love rx7's but u own a supra hmmm

Its too bad top speed doesnt mean anything in a race :( we still are faster in the 1/4 mile in stock form and top speed it rated at 150 mp/h.

The rx7 is better in any and all corners. Not just tight corners either. The supra is a higher end car thats a huge boat and weights 3500 pounds ouch!!! I will dig up the car and driver test and they said it was better then the supra in that year.

what do u mean by a better gt package???wtf!!

Also u show me a site that has the rx7 and supra's 1/4 mile times where the supra is faster.

NashMan 06-04-2002 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's one

NashMan 06-04-2002 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here the supra

this is all done by math

NashMan 06-04-2002 07:30 AM

bith car's are good btu supra are fater and pull more g's and such but but the traga is slower but most likly pulls better gs caue sit is heavyer and as well as te salmon why do you think that all the factory sport cars weight like so less but have all the down force ot keep it stable

the one thign that rex has over a supra is it size and it na power that is about it

the supra na is slowe ri think then the na rx7 i think i pretty sure

but turbi t turbo look some where els

NashMan 06-04-2002 07:33 AM

no i was wroung again the supr ais fast btut eh 0 to 60 on the rex is faster then the supra

CanadianRX7 06-04-2002 01:59 PM

ONE problem there was no 86 rx7 turbo ever made sorry try again

also race a 89 rx7 vs a 89 supra duh!!! the 89 rx7 has 18 more hp then the 87-88 model TII.

here are some stats on the cars but more 1/4 times
http://carpoint.msn.com/compare/choo...1=RX-7&pt=used

by the way those graphs look pretty good but the info is not correct.

here is some more info for ya from car-stats.com
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo 6.6 15.2
1990 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II 6.3 14.9

bcty 06-04-2002 02:04 PM

plz take this supra talk ouside this section and make your own thread... your rouining this one... Rx7's only!.....

for the meet how about somewhere in Vic.... i have a good idea...
as you are driving though the 30km/h zone i think along the water you will come across a park on the beach... pretty big houses all around.. we could leave from there because i would love to cruise that spot anyways... let me know...we could meet at the mall but it might be hard to round us all up.. we can do a meet around 8ish to make sure everyones off.... let me know

CanadianRX7 06-04-2002 02:11 PM

yea im down

maybe make a new thread with info of the cruise etc...