REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   Let's just talk about , rx-7's! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/52225-lets-just-talk-about-rx-7s.html)

NashMan 06-10-2002 12:58 PM

that is not that much heat such it alot but not egign you reak havick

mine goes to around 1800 or so or you are runig lean or if lower you are runing rich

DC450 06-10-2002 06:20 PM

Nashman, why dont you go to another thread. Even though i guess your not meaning to but you still are dissing the 7

"insane 1,800 f"

Nash: "Thats not much, my car can go that high"

Well good for you if your car can burn hot gas. Just a suggestion, why dont you talk nicely about them, and not about your supra...

NashMan 06-10-2002 07:59 PM

hu what you mean i never diss the rex in any way hell i want o own one i was say to my friend that he can use reg steel and not have worry about it melting in less it's teh header but down pipe back dose not run as hot

and all so if you take the cats out that whould take alot of heat out of the exhuast as well

and fomr what i have heard that if you mod the exhuast cat back or even header you will have to buy high flow injectors in order for it all to work better and get som sort of free flowing air or even cold air intake in oder for it work right that is what a friend of mine told me is this ture

basicly exhaust/injetors/free flowing air or cold air in take to mkae good amonte of hp

i may drive supra but never say i hate rexs or bring em down

CanadianRX7 06-10-2002 08:56 PM

Well turbo cars do not have headers. The n/a's do not need any fuel mods with exhaust and intake!!!

ANd NO we cannot use regular steel!!!! it will burn up in a year or less!!!

NashMan 06-10-2002 09:22 PM

well then if you got rid of most of all the back persure how whould you open up the other ports and plus and you need ore fule to cause enough back persure to open up the other ports fully in oder for the next spin clccye to run right

oh and if you give it more fule/exhuast now the air thing come hasto come as well

andi think aulimnized steel will be fine any way if my turbo car can handle it you are pretty much fine and my car run very hot

if you can perove me wroung then do it and there has ot be proof on the reson

this is all counting if you nock out the cats or punch em and run biggersize and header

one thing thou is alot of peopl say ti whould be very loud and cop will pull you over

i ant no rotory god but i love to lern things and the rotory based eninge amzes me

bcty 06-10-2002 09:49 PM

ok ok ok... time for the plans for the 15th... leave nanaimo around 3:30 - 4.... get to Duncan 4:45ish... meet with a few more ppl there and then talk and cruise to Vic... meet up with ppl there at (Someone find a location) and we will see from there... as long as we are in Vic by 6:30 - 7 i think most ppl are off then right?
So heres whos coming so far i think:

BCTY
NanaimoRx7
CanadianRx7
DC450
Timpo
EightTrack
white_FC3S

just wondering how many ppl we will have.. we need to find a good place to meet that everyone can find fairly easy! What that little convince store thing right on the left side as you start entering Vic? is it a Subway? ahh i just trying to think... well i guess those are the plans so far.. umm just shoot out some ideas where u want to meet in Vic! later!

white_FD3S 06-10-2002 10:40 PM

hey, don't forget about me...

for all you guys coming from Nanaimo...may I suggest the easiest place to meet would probably be in the Wal-Mart parking lot @ Town & Country Mall. You can't miss it, as your coming into town on the TCH(Douglas St.) you'll see the Wal-Mart and the Fairway Market and just take the left turn lane into the mall or turn left at Saanich Rd and enter the mall from the other side.

I think the best place in the parking lot would be right by the first entrance on the Douglas St. side sorta between the Petrocan gas station and the green/oval 'Town & Country Mall' sign.

I'm presuming everybody from Vic knows where I'm talking about and can find it easily considering it's so close to the Timmies we normally meet on the weekends.

NanaimoRx-7 06-11-2002 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NashMan
well then if you got rid of most of all the back persure how whould you open up the other ports
Quoting myself here
Quote:

Additionally, the Power Pulse Presilencers we offer for use with non-turbo 1986-92 6-port engines feature the backpressure sensing tube necessary for proper operation of the 6-port actuator valves.
There are other options as well, many people wire the 6th ports open with a minimal penalty in the low end and small gain in the top end. Not a bad deal for a free mod.

NanaimoRx-7 06-11-2002 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NashMan
that is not that much heat such it alot but not egign you reak havick
I think I disagree, but I'm not totally sure as to what the topic is :confused:

bcty 06-11-2002 07:16 AM

ok so all of us at the parking lot in vic around 6:30 - 7.... does that sound cool?

CanadianRX7 06-11-2002 07:56 AM

yea that sounds fine to me. Also nanimo-rx7 the 89-91 n/a's 6 ports dont open purely on back pressure, they are electronic.

bcty 06-11-2002 11:07 AM

so who might be intrested in the island rx7 club?

NanaimoRx-7 06-11-2002 11:43 AM

CanadianRX7: Cool, I don't know as much about second gens, thanks for pointing that out. I get the feeling were all going to get into the hugest technical discussion at the meet. Some non-seven owner is going to pipe up and we're all going to jump on him at the same time, hahaha should be good.

Tyler check your PM

CanadianRX7 06-11-2002 02:02 PM

haha well i know pretty much nothing about 1st and 3rd gens. Just the main stuff. I dont really how to do all the work on my car but i know how it pretty much should be done. I have only onwed a rx7 for less then a year.

bcty 06-11-2002 02:12 PM

hey canadian how many 7's are meeting up with us in duncan? u know or is it just you?

NashMan 06-11-2002 04:40 PM

ehehehe what you guys going to gang beat me just don't scrach the car spare the car

CanadianRX7 06-11-2002 06:19 PM

lol

umm yea just me there arent any other rx7's around here at kids own. My friend might come in his civic though.

bcty 06-11-2002 09:50 PM

as long as he can keep up :) hopefully he knows his 7's.... hey how many 3rd gens are gonna be there im not to sure what all kinda car everyone has maybe they could post a pic? i can start!

:flashey: :D :flashey: :D :flashey: :D :flashey: :D

go dam to big file.. ill resize

if anyone can do it for me that would be great ;)
http://www.rx-7.net/2gallery.mv?browse+242

EightTrack 06-11-2002 09:53 PM

Look in my sig for pics.

white_FD3S 06-11-2002 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
look for me on sat. @7pm in the Wal-Mart parking lot, right!?!

sixthgear 06-11-2002 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bcty
as long as he can keep up :) hopefully he knows his 7's.... hey how many 3rd gens are gonna be there im not to sure what all kinda car everyone has maybe they could post a pic? i can start!

:flashey: :D :flashey: :D :flashey: :D :flashey: :D

go dam to big file.. ill resize

if anyone can do it for me that would be great ;)
http://www.rx-7.net/2gallery.mv?browse+242

me not being a RX-7 guy, I have a question....what is with the half open headlight look....it makes the car look drunk ;)

EightTrack 06-11-2002 10:42 PM

Damn that's a sexy bitch! :D

Did ya ever get that short-throw in? I'd like to know what you think of it.

white_FD3S 06-11-2002 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EightTrack
Did ya ever get that short-throw in? I'd like to know what you think of it.
unfortunately, not...the guys from Corksport won't be up in Van. until the 13th of July for a MX-3 meet. they're going to bring my stuff over the border when they go to Van. and I'll meet them over there to pick it up and save myself some taxes and duty. the wait is killing me.
BTW, was that you I drove by this evening around 8pm going southbound on Shelbourne just past Cedar Hill X. it was a grey S4 Rex with 3 people in it, but I think a girl was driving and I didn't get a look at the wheels. if not, do you know who owns it?

bcty 06-12-2002 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sixthgear

me not being a RX-7 guy, I have a question....what is with the half open headlight look....it makes the car look drunk ;)

its more of a car show look... i think some ppl started doing it in Japan and at car shows and it made its way over here...? i think anyways... i had mine up for a bit but i put them back down..

CanadianRX7 06-12-2002 08:29 AM

sorry for the shitty pic!!! Also no laughing at my cars exhaust when u see it :)

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/toughguy6...c=ph%26.view=t