REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   In This Thread: Show your tattoos! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/536004-thread-show-your-tattoos.html)

ethano 04-09-2010 11:28 PM

having a hard time deciding what tattoo to get..and where

SkinnyPupp 04-10-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethano (Post 6900324)
having a hard time deciding what tattoo to get..and where

Get some tribal, just above your ass

yogenfruz 04-11-2010 09:37 AM

I'm thinking of getting 3 Nautical Stars in a series on my left forearm, nothing too flashy. Anything I should be wary of before I go in to get it?

PS: I'm not 18 yet anyway

hchang 04-11-2010 09:39 AM

^ Depends where you go.

Some places are 16, some are 18 but they don't really care for ID.

Are you getting it in Kamloops or the Vancouver area?

SkinnyPupp 04-11-2010 09:42 AM

I hope you go to a place that doesn't card you, and you end up with a shitty infected tattoo ;)

threezero 04-11-2010 12:35 PM

why is it that every tattooed honger in hk has a star tattooed somewhere. Met plenty of tattooed guy/women/lg in hong kong and havn't had a combo breaker yet

SkinnyPupp 04-11-2010 12:47 PM

It's just a trend. They follow trends... Forgetting, I guess, that these things are permanent :lol

whatitdew 04-11-2010 10:05 PM

yup star tattoos are real hot right now, its like the new butterfly for the ladies!

I wouldn't bother getting tattooed till at LEAST 18. I think they should raise the age personally. You change ALOT from 18-25. all the work I got when I was young I pretty much regret now.

phantom that snake and bird piece is sick bro, I keep running into you on tattoo related sites/forums!

The Wark should be sponsored by this site for all the new clients he prob gets from it!

Keep posting people.

babykiller 04-12-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 6902054)
why is it that every tattooed honger in hk has a star tattooed somewhere. Met plenty of tattooed guy/women/lg in hong kong and havn't had a combo breaker yet

Oh man that was funny, I laughed out loud at work...

scottsman 05-20-2010 07:53 PM

Anyone know of a good artist in Singapore?

Skinny do you know if anyone is on or above Julia's level?

qwerty69 05-21-2010 12:17 PM

im getting something similar to your tat...how long did it take all together?

SkinnyPupp 05-21-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottsman (Post 6959991)
Anyone know of a good artist in Singapore?

Skinny do you know if anyone is on or above Julia's level?

Joey Pang at Tattoo Temple does good work. She's probably the most famous tattooer here. (read: expensive ;))

Totally different styles though.. Julia is more traditional (but really versatile), where Joey is more "asian" style.

Ranterok 05-22-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phatpower (Post 5941557)
Heres the finished one that I got last Sunday just a little more work done

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...attootevin.jpg

dude your cousin went to my school, he was a great guy man. sorry for your loss

yogenfruz 05-23-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 6901821)
^ Depends where you go.

Some places are 16, some are 18 but they don't really care for ID.

Are you getting it in Kamloops or the Vancouver area?

Most likely Kamloops area, considering I know a lot of people who have multiple tattoos and even know some of the local artists.

AutozamAZ-3 06-01-2010 12:42 PM

quick question, what is expected in a typical consultation? how long do they usually last? are they charged by the hour?

Berzerker 06-01-2010 01:41 PM

I've never been charged for a consultation. If your piece is intricate they may charge some drawing time though.

Berz out.

whatitdew 06-10-2010 12:01 AM

Consultations are normaly free. For most tattoo artists its just a quick 10-20 min talk where you can bring in reference ideas and talk about specific details on your piece so the Artist has a better idea of what you are looking for. Some artists go very deep into this, alot do not.

drawing time is normaly free also. Some artists will only do so many revisions of your piece tho.

saucywoman 06-11-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bedroom Eyes (Post 6962510)
Most likely Kamloops area, considering I know a lot of people who have multiple tattoos and even know some of the local artists.

DUH, I know people that can recommend you good artists.

wyuzz 06-19-2010 07:35 PM

I always wanted to get guan yu tattoo on my chest but i've been told not to because it was a form of disrespect that could lead to bad luck. Anyone knows if this is true or could it be just a myth?

SkinnyPupp 06-19-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyuzz (Post 6998272)
I always wanted to get guan yu tattoo on my chest but i've been told not to because it was a form of disrespect that could lead to bad luck. Anyone knows if this is true or could it be just a myth?

You are asking if someone's belief in superstitions is a myth or not?

:facepalm:

gdoh 06-22-2010 10:06 AM

starting on Friday =]

http://www.revscene.net/forums/attac...1&d=1277229922

2 n r 06-23-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

dont know about the myth but ive never heard of or seen anyone with such a tattoo

edit: i googled it and found some ppl do have him tattoo'd

threezero 06-23-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

I Have heard of this, you are not suppose to tattoo any of the mythical gods (guan yu, guan yin, monkey god etc) if you don't have the "殺氣“ to go along with it. What that means is that unless you are a cop (which in asian society are forbid to had tattoos anyways) or a big gangster you would not be able to carry it. This supposedly lead to severe consequence to the wearer (ie, death).

I've seen a few guan yu tattoos in hong kong and china and they were ALL on gangster. I have even heard of stories of lesser gangster/ wannabe gangster tattoo guan yu on them and than immediately getting stab in the same area.

Take that for what you want, chinese are VERY supertitious, but the way I see it is because of the superstition, only gang members dare to wear them and thus its not surprisin they end up hurted/killed. I have seen white folk with guan yu and other chinese entities tattooed too and them usually being non gangster seems to still be intact.

imo if you must get a guan yu tattoo at least look up the history and meaning behind it. Guan yu is the god of war and is regard as a protector of warriors. He is worship by both cops and triads in asian society. If you feel you can relate to him I don't see why it would be a disrespect.

Would you tattoo a rosary or praying hands image on you if you are not christian?

Ulic Qel-Droma 06-24-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

By tattooing him, you're inscribing the name of a Chinese god on your body. It's an act of disrespect. Much like wearing the mark of any god without being worthy of bearing it. In this case, people that will judge you for wearing that would be triad, chinese cops, and theoretically guan yu himself. lol. I wouldn't get one.

threezero 07-08-2010 02:36 PM

I'm want a small lipstick mark tattoo but i'm not sure how it will hold up without a black outline. Its also going to be on my ass cheek so i guess it a high wear and tear area as i will be sitting down and getting up all day. Does anybody else have non outlined tattoos?