REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   In This Thread: Show your tattoos! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/536004-thread-show-your-tattoos.html)

Fafine 07-24-2011 12:39 AM

Blackwater does good work buddy got a dragon from there
Posted via RS Mobile

Araaadi 07-24-2011 12:39 AM

Thanks, I will probably go to him to fix my cobra, I want to fill in the "smoke" effect, and then Ill get a price for the pheonix, I want the head on my chest, one wing on my arm, the other wing and body across my back if that makes any sense to you guys

dlo 07-24-2011 12:49 AM

Make sense lol, just a phoneix or u want background too?
Posted via RS Mobile

Araaadi 07-24-2011 12:52 AM

Haven't really thought about it, I wanted an opinion from an artist first, I kinda wanted to make them into two half sleeves, so maybe a smokey background for the cobra, and a fire background for the pheonix

dlo 07-24-2011 12:57 AM

Hmm look at blackwaters fb group, he has a phoneix piece he touched up, ull mite like it, not evil looking but surely he can do it up lol he did a evil lookin fu dog on my friend last year so I can vouch for him
Posted via RS Mobile

jonwon 07-25-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araaadi (Post 7522372)
Thanks, I will probably go to him to fix my cobra, I want to fill in the "smoke" effect, and then Ill get a price for the pheonix, I want the head on my chest, one wing on my arm, the other wing and body across my back if that makes any sense to you guys

Jay from trigger happy did my friends phoenix and it's pretty much the same as how u described you wanted yours with the exception of going on the back. I don't have a picture but it looks like a dragonish looking phoenix lol. He also did my koi half sleeve. My other friend got his phoenix done from osmosis and its more of a like majestic looking one where as the one Jay did was aggressive. But, yaaaa Jay's a chill dude

Machi604 07-25-2011 09:12 AM

How long is the waiting list for the good artists at places like Blackwater, Trigger Happy, etc?
because in Calgary, the better artists have waiting lists that vary from a few months to over a year.
I understand that if you want top notch stuff it's probably worth the wait, but a year is too long for me.. I'm too impatient lol

dlo 07-25-2011 11:49 AM

blackwaters probably wait till oct if signing up right now lol, jay is long too, but theres other artist at triggerhappy that does good work like him, forgot what the girls name is but she did my friends dragon sleeve tattoo, no waiting list

jonwon 07-25-2011 03:18 PM

^ her names Andrea, but I would prefer Jay's stuff cuz he's the boss lol; her work isn't bad though

Timewav3zer0 07-25-2011 05:22 PM

does it matter if you have darker skin?im thinking of getting one

areyez 07-25-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonwon (Post 7523744)
^ her names Andrea, but I would prefer Jay's stuff cuz he's the boss lol; her work isn't bad though

andreas work is pretty good, i got work done by her cuz she has a very short waitlist. shes also been tattooing longer than jay fyi

dlo 07-25-2011 05:51 PM

the cast at trigger happy is dope lol, yeah andrea is her name thanks :D

BlackZRoadster 07-25-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7259940)
Since this got bumped, I guess I'll post a healed pic of my tattoo from last year. Will be going back again, hopefully SOON. I think I am suffering withdrawal...

any story behind the crow? I know its unique since there arent that many crow tattoos out there, but any reason why a crow?

its nice to hear the stories of ppl's tattoos

SkinnyPupp 07-25-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster (Post 7523902)
any story behind the crow? I know its unique since there arent that many crow tattoos out there, but any reason why a crow?

its nice to hear the stories of ppl's tattoos

Not really, I just really like crows, always have since I was little. When I was getting my first tattoo, I told the artist that I wanted to get a crow next. He told me about the 3 legged crow deity they have in Japan, and I thought that sounded cool, so I got that :)

Same for the raccoon. I always liked them, and thought it would make for a nice tattoo. Same artist again, this time he designed it in a similar pose you'd see a lion (or "fu dog" as they are sometimes called)

Alpine50 07-27-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 7489497)
i dunno.. taking a picture of artist's sketch without getting it tattoo on you seems very rude unless you are frds with the artist. what kind of style are you looking for? maybe we can give u artist suggestion?

Only reason I wanted to do that was becuase I wanted to get a look at 2 different styles of how they would lay it out rather than just see one person drawing then just choose that one right away.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 07-27-2011 01:24 AM

you don't have to choose it right away. Get the sketch and see if you're on the same page. If not, move on. WITHOUT taking the sketch with you.
Posted via RS Mobile

Nicotine 07-28-2011 04:27 PM

anyone know anything about craftsmen in whiterock? good work?

Wykydtron 07-29-2011 07:47 AM

I really like Craftsman Tattoo. Clint is one of the local artists on my list that I would absolutely love to get a tattoo by.

MWR34 08-02-2011 03:18 AM

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/9...2660175302.jpg

outline and shading in same day

carlos @ steel temple.

Alpine50 08-03-2011 10:03 AM

So basically I'm looking to get a hannya mask on my inside bi. Been looking up some people are saying I should check out but now its like I hear I different place everytime I talk to people I've got no idea where the hell I should even begin hahaha. Any recommendations would be great, its a japanese mask.

The places I've been told to check out so far are: Dutchman, Monkey King, I Kandy, and Adrenaline
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 08-03-2011 09:03 PM

You are listing off shops, make sure to choose an artist that specializes in the style you want. For Adrenaline that would be Aaron.. Monkey King (Jeff Tam) is of course famous for his style of aggressive neo-japanese... For I Kandy I have no idea, their gallery seems to be broken. For Dutchman I don't know either, they don't have much to show on their website so you'd have to go look at their portfolios yourself.

My recommendation if you want traditional would be chad woodley, he does great traditional japanese

Alpine50 08-04-2011 06:37 AM

Chad woodleys japanese art seemed good but do artist like him and the other guy prefer doing colored tattoos because my skins darker so I doubt I'm going to be using any colors for my tattoo
Posted via RS Mobile

Machi604 08-04-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7533867)
My recommendation if you want traditional would be chad woodley, he does great traditional japanese

Wow, thanks for the link.. looks like he does wicked work! I might just go to him now haha..
Prior to checking out his portfolio, I wasn't too big on color tattoos (on myself) but now.. I think it has to be color!! :D

whatitdew 08-04-2011 10:43 AM

Just started this little Hannya piece yesterday. still deciding on colors.
Going to be a full rib and chest panel.
There will be a tiger coming down from the chest and a couple chrysanthemums if we can fit it in. Full color with black and grey background.

Ken Greer at Fat City Tattoo in New West. Ken does wicked work check him out!

crappy iphone pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...r/IMG_0378.jpg

SkinnyPupp 08-04-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 7534288)
Chad woodleys japanese art seemed good but do artist like him and the other guy prefer doing colored tattoos because my skins darker so I doubt I'm going to be using any colors for my tattoo
Posted via RS Mobile

They can all do B&G just as well. How dark is your skin? Unless it's REALLY dark, colour will still come through