REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-30-2020, 07:19 PM   #24851
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Told a girl I liked her back in highschool and she swerved...

Now many many years later (we're friends now), and tried asking her on a zoom date (just for shits and gigs) - and she swerved again

TBH though, after all these years, pretty sure she liked me back at some point

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2020, 11:08 AM   #24852
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,520 Times in 1,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
TBH though, after all these years, pretty sure she liked me back at some point
Tbh bitches will never admit it
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2020, 07:05 AM   #24853

2020 Lessons:

Earlier this year, I thought I should reconsider my stance on not being friends with someone who I have history with. I shouldn't have. There's so much resentment. I think you can be on good terms with someone you have history with, but you should never give the expectation that you'll be friends.

In general, what does being friends mean to you guys? For me, if you're my friend, if for example you run into car trouble and you're in the middle of nowhere, I'll drop what I'm doing and come save you. Obviously, this depends on if you are my friend or if you are just a buddy. But that's the distinction.

Back on topic, I have plenty of buddies and I have a select group of people that I consider my friends. I don't need a pity friendship or a friendship that ultimately really isn't a friendship. A friendship still needs effort put in - you gotta still talk or hang out. Don't call yourself my friend if it's anything less.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2020, 07:30 PM   #24854
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,166 Times in 1,550 Posts
After more than 4 decades on this earth, I have learned that true friends will not leave you stranded. When you wake up from an 18 hour coma, they are the ones that will visit your unshowered, reeking self after 4 days of no showers. They are the ones that held made sure you didn't drown in the toilet bowl after a hard night of birthday drinking and regretting letting that hot blonde get away from you.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #24855

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
As one gets older, a lot of shit don't matter anymore as much when you are younger. Do looks really matter? I've been torn on this for the longest fucking time. I've met someone where the compatibility is on point, can relate to almost everything, great communication , similar lifestyle and values; however, the looks part is below average. That brings me back to the point, when one gets older, all look the same shit. I know there's no perfect person in the world, can't have it all. It's pretty rare for me to meet someone that can click on the communication/compatibility part, I don't want to sacrifice due to looks which will age in time anyways. Anyone have similar experience or struggle?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #24856
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Why not post a picture and let us decide?

on topic: if she makes you feel like a million dollars standing next to her, why it matters?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #24857
Zombie Mod

It's up to you to decide if looks are deal breaker. Looks do fade, but they are the first thing people notice. You're already past that, and ahead of the game if you have found a partner that 'clicks' with you. It is so great when that happens. It's like finding the perfect teammate in Super Spike V'ball. You'll always be setting each other up for the spike or diving for that super-block, and it is an awesome feeling.
Old 12-07-2020, 04:41 PM   #24858

Can you get hard for her tho?

For real that's one of the reasons why my gold-digger ex and I ended things. I wasn't physically attracted to her LOL and she knew it

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2020, 05:25 PM   #24859

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Can you get hard for her tho?

For real that's one of the reasons why my gold-digger ex and I ended things. I wasn't physically attracted to her LOL and she knew it

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Aren't the gold diggas the good looking ones? LOL. Do you want a good looking one digging your pocket everyday haha, will be broke sooner than you know LOL
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2020, 07:19 PM   #24860
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
It's pretty rare for me to meet someone that can click on the communication/compatibility part, I don't want to sacrifice due to looks which will age in time anyways. Anyone have similar experience or struggle?

It's true... all of you must have dated some really hot guy or girl and it just didn't work out. Then you also see people who married someone who are just sub-par... and you know what... it happens.

All I know is beauty goes... character can't be taught... I choose character everytime... (well now... like.. almost... only when i'm lonely... ) ahahahaha..
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2020, 08:14 PM   #24861

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,873 Posts
Not sure how old you at this point in your life (when you say 'older', it's all relative) but some women age well and they actually look better in their 40's than in their mid 20's ... I'm not kidding.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #24862
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,396 Times in 909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Not sure how old you at this point in your life (when you say 'older', it's all relative) but some women age well and they actually look better in their 40's than in their mid 20's ... I'm not kidding.
I don't see that yet haha. I still think 19 - 24 is the best looking

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:44 PM   #24863

Quote:
As one gets older, a lot of shit don't matter anymore as much when you are younger. Do looks really matter? I've been torn on this for the longest fucking time. I've met someone where the compatibility is on point, can relate to almost everything, great communication , similar lifestyle and values; however, the looks part is below average. That brings me back to the point, when one gets older, all look the same shit. I know there's no perfect person in the world, can't have it all. It's pretty rare for me to meet someone that can click on the communication/compatibility part, I don't want to sacrifice due to looks which will age in time anyways. Anyone have similar experience or struggle?
Wait aren't you married with kids and a F80 M3? LOL
Old 12-08-2020, 08:31 AM   #24864

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Wait aren't you married with kids and a F80 M3? LOL
If I were married with kids, wouldn't be here typing out my thoughts LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2020, 09:15 PM   #24865

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
have you guys ever seen a female self destruct though?

absolute 8/10 but the heavy smoking, Alcohol caught up and looks completely plain later?

i really believe genetics plays a role too, it's like seeing knock out russian women and soon as they hit over 50 its game over.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:08 AM   #24866

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
have you guys ever seen a female self destruct though?

absolute 8/10 but the heavy smoking, Alcohol caught up and looks completely plain later?

i really believe genetics plays a role too, it's like seeing knock out russian women and soon as they hit over 50 its game over.
90% of the chicks i know back in elementary / high school.. self destruct... cause they got fat.

a few guy who was in soccer team went hard on drugs...

Genetics plays a huge role, asian chick ages well until they hit 60s.
Europeans / Ukrain / Russians / Germans dang they are hot as F but goes downhill once they hit mid 30s
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2020, 11:55 AM   #24867
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,231 Times in 2,482 Posts
This probably isn't your definition of "self destruct", but I would say that a significant portion of people who have become parents have "self destructed" to a certain extent, and that is just the reality of being parents -- it takes a toll on you.

Of course, I still have friends who are parents, and they still look as good as ever. I honestly have no idea how they do it.

Unsurprisingly, friends who do not have children tend to look like they are in much better shape LOL~
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #24868
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
so was having a convo on this with my wife last night and her comments are:

- you have to look at her face everyday for the rest of your life
- getting along is not enough

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #24869
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,437 Times in 4,279 Posts
Euro7r = Mr.Happyslip

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2020, 10:53 PM   #24870
Zombie Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Unsurprisingly, friends who do not have children tend to look like they are in much better shape LOL~
My sister that is 2 years younger looks like my older sister. Because kids.

God bless all the people that have children because my wife and I would probably tether those gremlins to a post, and let them go feral in the backyard. I love my niece and nephews, but I would flip-out if they were mine.
Old 12-15-2020, 12:09 PM   #24871
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,506 Times in 1,688 Posts
^This.

My current girlfriend wants a child in around 3 years from now, I really like her, but the more I think about it, the less I'm inclined to ever want a kid.

It's definitely something we'll need to discuss further next year, my ex never wanted kids, so it was never an issue.

Not looking forward to that convo, that's for sure.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #24872
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^This.

My current girlfriend wants a child in around 3 years from now, I really like her, but the more I think about it, the less I'm inclined to ever want a kid.

It's definitely something we'll need to discuss further next year, my ex never wanted kids, so it was never an issue.

I think that's a convo to have sooner rather than later.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2020, 04:08 PM   #24873

Quote:
^This.

Do you think your mindset of having kids will change between now and next year? If you don't think so, I'd just start that convo up now as you both seem to be on a different expectation page in regards to kids.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:15 PM   #24874
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
I hope everyone is doing ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #24875
Zombie Mod

Quote:
^This.

Sorry, but that sounds like a potential deal-breaker for your relationship. My preference was never to have kids, but I thought I was okay if my partner really wanted them. There would have be a lot of stipulations (that would likely have no teeth once the first kid popped), but I might've just gone with the flow. However, I am extremely thankful that we do not want kids. Ever. We are forever grateful to be an uncle and aunt.