REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:01 AM   #51
Banned (ABWS)

My hair started thinning last year shortly after I started working in Surrey LOL. (I've been helping my dad part-time @ our family business which is located in Delta for many years and its been mostly a positive experience, so I thought I'd try to help out on the Surrey side..BIG mistake!). It was the worst year of my life! (work-wise) After a while I couldn't take it anymore and quit; almost immediately my hair loss stopped. My point is that if you're experiencing hair loss, avoid stressful situations and your hair loss may naturally stop. Also, Surrey is the shit-hole so avoid it like the plague!

ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:42 AM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
instead of a laser comb, they should make a laser hat. that way, you get more laser shining on your hair, which would make it grow longer faster, while you're concealing your bald head!
...and the massive brain tumor brought on by said hat. but hey, you'll have a full head of hair to look good for your funeral.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 AM   #53
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,239 Times in 2,355 Posts
Honestly if you're going bald try to go short or shave your head. I know it's tough and going short doesn't look good on some guys but not much else you can do.

I'm turning 29 in a few months, still have hair but i'm starting to notice tiny patches on top of my head. The only good news is I've had short hair (number 1 or 2 clip) for the last 10 years so going bald isn't going to be a major shock.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #54
Retired moderator

^short/crew cuts won't make the receeding hairline go away. As for bald, some guys just don't look good bald.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
^short/crew cuts won't make the receeding hairline go away. As for bald, some guys just don't look good bald.
Its true that some guys don't look great bald but its still much better than guys that are bald on the top and have hair on the sides!
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #56
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,239 Times in 2,355 Posts
Quote:
That's true. My hairline is strong, just noticing bald spots on top.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #57
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

just wondering if anyone has used zulvera or knows anything about it? i would like hair regrowth.

so far all i know is that proscar and rogaine are what seems to be successful.
blackjack101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #58
RS controls my life!

I was told by my very experienced hair dresser a couple months ago. that you should always wash and condition your hair is cool/colder water.

the hair follicles(sp?) are like pores with hot and warmer temps they open up and with cold and cooler temps they close up.

You'll be less likely to lose hair while washing it out. just like shaving, hot to open the skin before the shave, cold to close it up after.

im not sure if this is 100% true.. but it makes sense.
A-Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:10 PM   #59
RS Lurker, I don't post!

anyone hurd of biothera? is it legit?
swagdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #60
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
That's true. My hairline is strong, just noticing bald spots on top.
spray paint

I know according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, a thinning of hair is derived from weak kidneys or something about the kidneys.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #61
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
I'm only 16 and for an azn i really don't have much hair,
It used to fall out more when I left it long, but If i go for frequent cuts, it's okay
My hairline hasn't really receded much over the last i'd say 3 years, but its way up there...
Neone know if you stop using these products, rogaine, proscar, etc, what happens? does it just revert back to before or do you have to moderate it?

I work in the kitchen and the heat from outdoors + heat from kitchen + hat, cant be good for my hair...
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #62
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
spray paint

I know according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, a thinning of hair is derived from weak kidneys or something about the kidneys.
You seem to know a lot about chinese medicine
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:51 PM   #63
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,195 Times in 5,577 Posts
Quote:
spray paint

while science has proven that male pattern baldness and many other forms including hair loss from stress is caused by (DHT) which is why prescribed medicines such as proscar etc. are "blockers" which almost everyone who takes them seems to have some level of success.

the whole "chinese medicine" thing on revscene is very annoying and is mostly myths and superstition.

Last edited by Hondaracer; 08-20-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #64
Rs has made me the man i am today!

It's also about diet....because your food eventually turn into your hair...

my friend notices this when he eats his mom's food when she's in town to cook for him, he experiences less hair loss..
when she leaves and he starts mostly eating out...his hair loss increases
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #65
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

dont fight it....its inevitable
Geenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #66
I is Romanian

Any Vancouver dermatologist you guys can recommend? I have been on Minocycline antibiotic for a month(for Acne) and I think im losing hair.
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #67
My homepage has been set to RS

update. i tried out laser comb , and even with off and on usage, have been seening ok results, i guess i need to use more freq. to get better results. that said , i have been taking proscar also now
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #68
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

sleep earlier
Old 12-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #69
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Biothera is a SCAM

Hey everyone,

Instead of boring you with all the details in a nutshell, Biothera, @ least in Edmonton is a SCAM. I would think almost any company using a laser treatment system doersn't work, based on my experience & what others say. Of course they promise you @ the inital meeting that you will get great results, but in the end what they think is positive & what you will say is positive are not the same.

DO NOT fall for it!!!! Believe all the negative stuff you read. I filed for a refund and surprise I didn't get it. In fact the letter they sent was almost accussing me of "how dare you ask for a refund" you signed the contract, you agreed to it...blah blah blah.

If anything positive can come out of my experience, it's that I can persuade you NOT to do it! there is no guarantee, except that you will be dissapointed!

Please DO NOT sign up!
crpl_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #70
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Forgot to mention....

Biothera uses a low light laser regrowth "treatment" plan where you use "special" topical lotion, shampoo, go for weekly 20min laser sessions and use a hand held laser comb, all over the period of 1 year.

Like I said.....it's a scam, especially how they treat you after there are little or no results. They make it out that it's your fault it didn't work as well as they initially say, and then show some photos to prove you have enough "increased density" to NOT refund you any money from their satisfaction guarenteed program. Any picture from different angles @ different times will show different things.

It all sounds "scientifically" possible, but in the end it's a waist of your money.

AVOID BIOTHERA or any clinic promoting hair growth with lasers!!
crpl_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #71

who sells nioxin shampoo + condition the cheepest in Vancouver, and how much is it?

Is anyone taking Biotin supplements?

I think I am starting to loose hair. I noticed while shampooing that there were like 15 stands of hair in my hands. I am not sure if I was able to see scalp before, but there is some showing around the crown area. I do also have an itchy scalp. Even though i use non itch shampoo. Going to probably see my fam. dr. and see what he says.
keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #72
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I used Propecia/Proscar for around 2.5 years. And the changes was very significant. My hair was thicker, also the volume increased by alot. Nontheless, it takes about 3-5 months to notice the changes. If you want to try this out, you will need to ask the doctor for Proscar for your prescription. Proscar is 1/4 of the cost of Propecia. And it's exactly the same thing however you cut your own tablets. Nevertheless, after taking it long term, I was able to notice the weaker sex drive. When my gf came back from korea, I was stopping proscar in order to *Perform* better. I also tried mindoxdil and herbal medicine such as shenmin. The money just went down the drain : (
I do use Nioxin both shampoo and conditioner. The effect is to thicken your hair, it does reduce hair loss. So that is a good product. I am 23, my dad's bald, my grandpa (Mom's side) was also bald too. Im gradually getting there, and I do take my appearences very seriously. I will be working hard to save up for a hair implant before Im 30.
For those of you have gone through a hair transplant please leave us a msg.
miky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #73
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

After finding out my bluecross doesnt cover propecia (found out the hard way), I decided to stop taking them (still have 1 month supply). 3 months cost $200. 1 year = 800. I am 27 years old and dont want to be bald until I am at least 50. 20 years worth of propecia = 16K (not taking inflation into account).

With 16K, I would rather use that money for a permanent hair implant. Proscar might be good as the total cost for 20 years is 4k (no inflation accounted). However, it is noted that:
Quote:
cutting tablets is considered unadvisable if women of pregnancy age are in the household
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #74

Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitaro View Post
who sells nioxin shampoo + condition the cheepest in Vancouver, and how much is it?

Is anyone taking Biotin supplements?

I think I am starting to loose hair. I noticed while shampooing that there were like 15 stands of hair in my hands. I am not sure if I was able to see scalp before, but there is some showing around the crown area. I do also have an itchy scalp. Even though i use non itch shampoo. Going to probably see my fam. dr. and see what he says.
Zennkai Salon (sp?) has the best pricing on hair care products. The shampoo/conditioner bundle will cost you about $50 and you'll have to purchase the foam seperately for another $50.

An itchy scalp maybe the result of something else, but generally, if you see thinning in the Crown area, you're at the beginning of male-pattern baldness. It can be costly to fight it. My solution was to invest in a set of clippers and cut my hair short. When my hair goes, then I'll use a Mach 3 with plenty of sunblock for the scalp.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Zennkai Salon (sp?) has the best pricing on hair care products. The shampoo/conditioner bundle will cost you about $50 and you'll have to purchase the foam seperately for another $50.

An itchy scalp maybe the result of something else, but generally, if you see thinning in the Crown area, you're at the beginning of male-pattern baldness. It can be costly to fight it. My solution was to invest in a set of clippers and cut my hair short. When my hair goes, then I'll use a Mach 3 with plenty of sunblock for the scalp.
I've noticed a lot of hair in my shampoo lather, and it's not getting any better. So far my hair looks full still. But if this keeps going on, it ain't going to be there any longer. I guess I should go see my doctor, to see what my options are. Maybe it could be something health related (besides male pattern baldness).
keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote