REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #76
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

if youre gonna shave your head just grow a goatee

thats what i do. i look damn good.

its funny that i feel more confident without hair rather than with it. and being asian, ive noticed that white girls like that look.

youll stand out from the asian kids in metrotown with anime hair

baitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #77
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitaro View Post
I've noticed a lot of hair in my shampoo lather, and it's not getting any better. So far my hair looks full still. But if this keeps going on, it ain't going to be there any longer. I guess I should go see my doctor, to see what my options are. Maybe it could be something health related (besides male pattern baldness).
When I started to notice the amount of hair that I was losing, I became more conscious about it, and thus may have exaggerated in my mind the amount of hair I was losing. A barber told me that I was already thinning at the crown four years ago, but my hair started getting really thin about 18 months ago. So, it's not unusual to lose a lot of hair in a short period of time.

It's always good to see a derrmatologist anyway.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #78
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
update. i tried out laser comb , and even with off and on usage, have been seening ok results, i guess i need to use more freq. to get better results. that said , i have been taking proscar also now
so you think its more likely that the results are from a laser comb over proscar?

I don't even have a statement for that.....
Old 01-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
so you think its more likely that the results are from a laser comb over proscar?

I don't even have a statement for that.....
laser comb.. i think, keep in mind, results are not same for everybody, something might trigger results in one person and not another. cheers
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #80
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Avoid Biothera & Laser Clinics

Have I mentioned lately that Biothera is a SCAM!? I really don't think companies that use lasers therapy to "regrow" hair works.

Be wary of their "money back guarantee". Read the contract, they have it set up so they get the final decision, which will always say you had success. And if you want to contest their decision they will say you missed appointments or didn't use the products.

So basically they stack the deck in their favour.
crpl_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:47 AM   #81

Biothera are Scammers

Surprise, surprise. I contacted the Edmonton Better Business Bureau regarding Biothera's questionable business practices & how they "honour" their guarentee. I have been notified, that after several attempts, Biothera has refused to respond to their inquiry. Yet again this shows that Biothera KNOWS they are SCREWING clients & would rather ignore complaints than defend themselves to the BBB.

I think this should be a warning sign for any of you who have expressed intrest in Biothera. And for those who have extended their sessions for another 6 months & hoping for results, you will be in the same spot you are now, just delayed. I urge you to file complaints against Biothera, as this is a way to reflect to potential clients that Biothera is a scam.

I am planning to contact Alberta Service, the government version of the BBB & see if they have any effect on Biothera. Probably not becasue Biothera obviously feels they can act without reprisal.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #82
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I wanna know too.. Where can I buy cheaper Nioxin Shampoo + Conditioner, n how much...
thx thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by keitaro View Post
who sells nioxin shampoo + condition the cheepest in Vancouver, and how much is it?

Is anyone taking Biotin supplements?

I think I am starting to loose hair. I noticed while shampooing that there were like 15 stands of hair in my hands. I am not sure if I was able to see scalp before, but there is some showing around the crown area. I do also have an itchy scalp. Even though i use non itch shampoo. Going to probably see my fam. dr. and see what he says.
iris1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:21 AM   #83
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^ USA...esp. with the dollar at par
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:39 AM   #84
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

the answer is finasteride - prostate cancer drug that works as an anti-androgen. It is also indicated in androgenic alopecia or male pattern halr loss albeit marketed at a much higher price.

Ask your family doc about it.
bob_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #85
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

The laser treatments work but it's expensive ~4K for a year of treatments (52)
2000 Acura Integra Type R #858 -- original owner
2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Phat_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #86

Biothera is a Rip Off

I filed a complaint with Service Alberta and had a discussion with an agent & of course Biothera, yet again has the upper hand on those people that get ripped off. It basically boils down to biothera's word against yours. Because I had no witness during the consultation (where they tell you that your an ideal candidate & convince you that you will have success & because of their "guarentee" you have nothing to lose)there is little Service Alberta will do. They need some hard evidence.

The one way they would investigate is if they start getting more complaints against Biothera. So Again, I encourage anyone & everyone who was ripped off by Biothera to complain to the...

Better Business Bureau
https://odr.bbb.org/...getstarted.aspx

and

Service Alberta
http://www.serviceal...v.ab.ca/562.cfm

If you are okay with being taken advantage of, then do nothing. If your pissed about being lied to & taken for a ride, then take a few minutes to tell your story & get back at biothera. If everyone complained about how Biothera tries to convince you to sign up & then fails to deliver, then maybe something will happen.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 AM   #87
Banned (ABWS)

I've been using minoxidil 5% for 1 month now, no results thus far.
RollingStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #88
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I know this is an old thread but its recently been posted in ... so I thought I'd chime in just incase it hasn't been mentioned (I didn't see it.)

Make sure to get your blood sugars and glucose, hormones and cholesterols check. Get a FULL work up of blood work done.

Some times its even good to go and see an Endocrinologist about this problem and get the proper work ups done. I know it sounds weird to get that stuff checked for your hair but hormones and glucose can not only cause excess hair growth but can also cause excess hair loss.

I've been reading a lot about hormone stuff lately and this is mentioned a lot more than you'd think. It's weird to me too, that doctors wouldn't test these things when a body starts doing odd things. These problems with glucose/insulin/sugars and all that also are hereditary ... not only 'hair loss'. There may be an actual reason other than genes.

HTH
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #89
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
^

So you can simply go to your doctor and request bloodwork?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #90
Banned (BBM)

shit im in my mid 25 and i notice my hair is a lot thinner and grows slower compare to high school. Starting to get nervous about it...
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:50 AM   #91
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
shit im in my mid 25 and i notice my hair is a lot thinner and grows slower compare to high school. Starting to get nervous about it...
I truly believe that hair loss has to be "triggered" by a duration of sustained stress. Learn to manage the 'bad' stress (aka anger) and your chances of going bald decreases significantly. Going bald really sucks! Good luck man!
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #92
Banned (BBM)

^

i guess i have been hella stressed lately
Old 05-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #93
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStone View Post
I truly believe that hair loss has to be "triggered" by a duration of sustained stress. Learn to manage the 'bad' stress (aka anger) and your chances of going bald decreases significantly. Going bald really sucks! Good luck man!
I'm screwed.

From a genetic perspective, I'm not suppose to go bald since my mom's brother isn't bald.

However my hair is starting to become really thin and growing slowly, just like mugen_evolution. I started to notice this during the beginning of my third year study of engineering. I guess all this stress has really gotten into my head. Great.. 2 more years of intense stress. I'm going to be bald and can't do shit until I graduate.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #94
Banned (BBM)

^

i spoke to my friend who is a chinese doctor. He said a lot of things come into play. stress, the kind of food you eat, living habite, lack of sleep, your genes from you parents.

i spoke to my parents, my mom said my dad had shit load of thick hair till his 40s, fuck i didnt think my hair would start thinning out so soon. But i do use hair straightener and dyed my hair couple times when i was younger. So that might come into play, buttom line im starting to get worry about it. My friend also said some of those special treatment shampoo can be bad, afterall it is chemical and may have side effects. My hairstylist warned me that i did lost a lot of hair comare to before. a decade ago i needed a hair cut every 3-4 weeks, and i would tell them to thin the shit out of it becuz it was like a bush. Now i no longer dare to tell them to trim/thin it out.

sucks getting old, or maybe its just the stress from living as a adult life, plus working two jobs can be a bit tiresome
Old 05-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #95
Banned (ABWS)

Hey Mugen, who's that girl in your pic? she's hella cute!

If you guys are already experiencing thinning, start doing something about it right now! I didn't do anything for 1 year because I thought it might grow back naturally, it didn't. It got worse!

It finally stopped thinning when I took a really long break (no work, no school, nothing) and learned to live healthy (stress management, daily exercise, nutritious food). But by this time, I already lost 50% of my hair lol. I am now using 2 kinds of treatment: Minoxidil 5% and Nizoral shampoo. From reviews online, these two treatments seem to be the most effective and affordable. Do your research on them now. I believe that if I had started using these two treatments last year, I would have a lot more hair than I do now. Good luck!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #96
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
^

i spoke to my friend who is a chinese doctor. He said a lot of things come into play. stress, the kind of food you eat, living habite, lack of sleep, your genes from you parents.

i spoke to my parents, my mom said my dad had shit load of thick hair till his 40s, fuck i didnt think my hair would start thinning out so soon. But i do use hair straightener and dyed my hair couple times when i was younger. So that might come into play, buttom line im starting to get worry about it. My friend also said some of those special treatment shampoo can be bad, afterall it is chemical and may have side effects. My hairstylist warned me that i did lost a lot of hair comare to before. a decade ago i needed a hair cut every 3-4 weeks, and i would tell them to thin the shit out of it becuz it was like a bush. Now i no longer dare to tell them to trim/thin it out.

sucks getting old, or maybe its just the stress from living as a adult life, plus working two jobs can be a bit tiresome
GG for us.

Same here. I used to get my hair thin out every so often, now I don't even dare to thin it out as it's thinning on its own.

Each time I wash my hair, I can see hair falling off my skull.
More scary is even when I'm just sitting there, I might see a hair just fly off my skull.

I used a lot of hair product in the past. and I still do. Maybe I should stop. . .
Old 05-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #97
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

^ yes, hair gel, mousse, etc damage your hair, weakens it and can lead to hair thinning. dying your hair does the same
pamplemousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:06 AM   #98
Banned (ABWS)

dam.. I've been using hair product for 10 years, and with the combination of stress from school, no wonder I'm going bald.

I should stop using hair product, but there aren't any good short hair styles that don't require wax to to make it look good. I like short and spiky. xD
Old 05-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #99
Banned (ABWS)

Update: I've been using Minoxidil 5% for about 1.5 months and Nizoral shampoo for 1 month and my hair has thickened a bit. I haven't seen any 'new' hair yet though.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #100

did a lot of reading recently, Minoxidil 5% is good, but my skin reacts to Proylene Glycol so i got another brand that doesnt use that (if u flake and itichy -try Dr.lee's without PG)

also i ordered some other stuff, nettle root, Palmentto herb, etc. that (for new hair). will try when i get it and let you guys know.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote