REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #101
Banned (BBM)

recently i kinda semi tried pantene's special conditioner, says cure damage hair in one month, from falling etc etc...lol will see how it goes

i really think stress plays a huge part too, sigh....damn life

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #102
My homepage has been set to RS

think stress it just wats triggers it, but ur genes are eventually to blame. Baldness is getting more and more common. baldness from stress is reversable.

look at ur family tree and ull know.
seriously try nyzoral or the one i posted (better). But with these shampoo you have to leave it in so that ur scalp absorbs the DHT removing substance.

Last edited by tool001; 05-11-2010 at 11:57 AM.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #103
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

my cousin uses that rogaine stuff and it works for him. the only draw back is that if he doesn't use it for awhile he loses his hair again so he has to stay consistent with it
xzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #104
Banned (ABWS)

^
dam.. then it's pretty much like a long term medication..

maybe I should give it a try..
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 AM   #105
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^ long term AND expensive..
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #106
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,125 Posts
Any hair retaining treatment program costs a lot of money. That's why most guys (including myself) don't bother with it.

IMHO, it's better to spend that money on maintaining overall health. Having a semi-full head of hair won't do you any favours when you're overweight and suffering from Type-II diabetes. Losing your hair has no effect on your overall health (other than perhaps your self-esteem.)
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #107
Banned (ABWS)

^
true in a way

well I'm only 21 and I'm already losing a lot of hair, so I do care right now. However when I'm married and have children, I probably wouldn't care anymore.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #108
Banned (ABWS)

it'd be hard to pick up jbs if I were bald.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:43 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
^
true in a way

well I'm only 21 and I'm already losing a lot of hair, so I do care right now. However when I'm married and have children, I probably wouldn't care anymore.
Perception and reality are two different things. Thinning hair is not all that bad - a lot of men have this happen in their 20s. But, are you really balding? Have you looked at the crown of your head? Do you see scalp? If you can't see your scalp, then you're not really balding. I started thinning at the crown about 5 years ago when I was 23.

Quote:
it'd be hard to pick up jbs if I were bald.
When I started to finally notice that my hair was thinning, I took it pretty hard initially - most men do. However, you begin to realize that having hair doesn't define who you are. As I've said in this thread before, you need to make the best of your circumstances. Instead of trying to save your hair, embrace baldness. Shave your head, or buy a set of clippers to keep it buzzed. Take the money you've saved on hair cuts and hair products and invest it or spend it on things that you can control about your appearance.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #110
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
^

So you can simply go to your doctor and request bloodwork?

Yes, you can request it. Blood work is fairly routine Make sure you get your hormones, thyroid and everything tested.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #111
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Thinning hair is not all that bad - a lot of men have this happen in their 20s. But, are you really balding? Have you looked at the crown of your head? Do you see scalp? If you can't see your scalp, then you're not really balding. I started thinning at the crown about 5 years ago when I was 23.

don't know if i'm balding or thinning? But my hair falls off for no reason.

I see my scalp when i lift up my hair, and I see a lot of it.. but they still have hair on them, just not very much.

dunno.. but I find it hard for asians to shave their head competely.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #112
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
it is natural for ones hairline to recede when you get older. it is called a "mature" hairline. a receding hairline does not mean that you will go bald... you can have a slight recession and it could stop there with no excess balding or receding.

shampoos and conditioners (nioxin) may or may not work. try it for yourself, all stylists carry it. i have read both good and bad about the product.

your best bet if you want results is probably to take teh finasteride.

it is genetics. it has been proven that it doesn't matter which side of the family shows baldness. and for the LAST TIME, wearing a hat IS NOT THE CULPRIT!

stress could cause baldness, but usually that kind of shedding is diffuse thinning/shedding... male pattern baldness is totally different. research male pattern baldness.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #113
Banned (ABWS)

i'm pretty sure I'm going bald and I know I have to face this fact.

What sort of changes should I expect to see?
(eg. elementary school kids giving me weird looks, some girls would walk away, me being more grumpy???)
Old 05-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #114
RS Veteran

before you started noticing that you were thinning/balding, did you notice other people who had receding hairlines nad thinning hair? probably not. i know i didn't. i only noticed the ones that were very noticeably bald.

with that said, not many people would really even notice. i talked to many girls and my gf and i told her that abotu 50% of the men she runs into will be bald or thinning... it's true.. you never noticed as a kid or even before you were thinning because it wasn't something important to you. for girls, most of them won't even notice unless you are thinning a lot r bald.

imo the worst thing you can do is grow your hair long and try to salvage what you have left.. imo it makes you look like a bum and greasy.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #115
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster killer View Post
Just shave your head bald,women love guys with bald heads.
but what if your fat? then you will just be a fat bald guy. go to the gym before you shave your head.
to0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #116
Banned (ABWS)

A friend of mine ( 26 ) guy went from a full head of hair to 5 different golf ball sized bald spots in 6 months.

He went to the hospital, the doc and tests shows hes ok....

Docs said its stress, and I truly believe the same. The guy just got married, 2 jobs trying

to make ends meet. He gets only 4 hrs sleep a day now stress has even

started to fuck around with his stomach, making him constipated at times.

Last edited by Lissy; 05-24-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Lissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #117
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy View Post
a guy i knew when from a full head of hair to 5 differ bald spots in 6 months.

Docs said its stress, and I truly believe the same. I guy just got married, 2 jobs trying

to make ends meet. He get only 4 hrs sleep a day now stress has even

Old 05-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #118
RS Veteran

Quote:
A friend of mine ( 26 ) guy went from a full head of hair to 5 different golf ball sized bald spots in 6 months.

Docs said its stress, and I truly believe the same. The guy just got married, 2 jobs trying

sounds like stress.. but don't give others here wishful thinking about it being stress... its MPB most of the time... the difference between hairloss related to stress is that it wll go in patches with no pattern
Old 05-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #119
Banned (BBM)

Quote:

wow!!!!!!!
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #120

Quote:
i'm pretty sure I'm going bald and I know I have to face this fact.

What sort of changes should I expect to see?
(eg. elementary school kids giving me weird looks, some girls would walk away, me being more grumpy???)
You'll only be grumpy if you allow yourself to be.

I have vowed never to become bald and overweight. If you're uncomfortable with shaving, just keep it close, like a No. 1 or No. 2 razor (I use a No. 2 myself). Adjust as necessary as your hair loss grows and/or with the weather.

The 'shaven' look has definitely added a few years to my appearance which could be an advantage/disadvantage socially for you. It's gotten to the point now where I can't really imagine having a full head of hair - I wouldn't know what to do with it.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #121
Banned (ABWS)

okay.. I've finally decided to go see the doctor. Even my friend is starting to notice my hair thinning.

I just have one last question to ask. Is there a distinct connection between baldness and the rate of hair growing?
Strange thing is, I haven't had a hair cut in a longgg time because my hair growing rate seems to have really slow downed a lot.

Also, my hair feels really dry all the time.

I really really can't accept the fact that I'm losing so much hair in the past months when I'm barely 21. There has to be more than just me having baldness gene.
Being bald at age 30+ is acceptable but at age 20 is not.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:48 AM   #122
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Quote:
okay.. I've finally decided to go see the doctor. Even my friend is starting to notice my hair thinning.

I just have one last question to ask. Is there a distinct connection between baldness and the rate of hair growing?
Strange thing is, I haven't had a hair cut in a longgg time because my hair growing rate seems to have really slow downed a lot.

I really really can't accept the fact that I'm losing so much hair in the past months when I'm barely 21. There has to be more than just me having baldness gene.
Pics of hairline?
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #123
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

EDIT: you can't delete messages anymore???

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #124

Quote:

A family doctor won't be able to tell you much otherwise, but he/she could certainly forward you to a dermatologist just to make sure there's nothing wrong with you scalp.

Male-pattern baldness can strike basically anytime after adolescence, though most guys start experience the effects in their mid to late 20s.

It sounds like you haven't done any research to diagnose yourself. Take a chill pill and look up Finasteride on Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

You can control your baldness and in some cases, re-grow your hair. However, taking pills, and using hair care products to control your hair loss is a lifelong commitment and one that requires some thought.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #125
Banned (ABWS)

http://www.todaystylist.com/hair_loss_why_happen.htm

gonna see the doctor just incase..

what if I'm lossing hair cause of a sculp infection or something. I may have a chance to save myeslf another 5-10 years if I act fast.