REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #151
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
....i hate to ask the obvious question here but have you been to the doctor???
I haven't yet but I've noticed the hair loss after I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I'm guessing its maybe because of my eating habits after I had the teeth pulled because I lost about 6 pounds. Ate nothing but congee for almost a week

But anyway, I've got a doctor's appointment friday and see how it goes

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #152
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Biothera/Lasers are a scam

For those that are thinking to try Biothera out or any place advertising lasers to grow hair, here's what you may expect to hear.

1st- You will be asked some questions about your health & when you stated to notice losing hair.

2nd - They will look at your scalp under a photoscope(close up of your folicles)to determine if you have any "viable" folicles.

3rd- They tell you that because your folicles are not closed off, they can regrow hair, using Biothera' program or specialty products & laser light. If they use the words, "you are an excellent canidate" or "because you have viable folicles, you definately will see increased hair density" you will know that what I'm telling you about Biothera is true.

4th- They will use more of a soft sell on you. I had 2 appointments. After the first one, I did some research to see if there was any negative feedback & @ the time there were not many comments good OR bad. But based on what Biothera told me & the fact that they offered a "results gauranteed" refund, I like many others thought I had nothing to lose(except my $$).

5th- They have you sign the "results gauranteed" refund/contract. READ it carefully! It will state that basically Biothera has the final say. Even if you don't have any growth, because you signed the contract giving them the final say, Biothera has predetermined you will have "increased hair density" even if you don't. In my case, I was told not to worry what the contract says, during my consult Doug had assured me I would see results.

6th- The contract states that you will attend an in clinic 20 min laser session once a week for a year, use their hair shampoo & conditioner every month & their topical solution nightly. If you miss any of these things you are in breach of contract & inelligable for a refund. So win or lose, Biothera plays both sides of the fence if you ever what to apply for a refund, and screw you out of you money.
crpl_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:15 AM   #153
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

has anyone try this? looks interesting

power grow comb

http://www.velformpowergrowcomb.eu/
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #154
RabidMod

Thanked 1,071 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
well this is it guys.

Since i'm losing a lot of hair already and I can see a lot of my scalp, I'm just going to shave my whole head completely today.

brb, going to a $10 barber now.
so how'd it go?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #155
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
you can get nioxin for cheaper than that... you can get the shampoo/conditioner combo (the big suckers) for 50 bucks... it takes me forever to get through it.
My fiance has a aesthetic/makeup license so I get these combo for 32-34dollars after her discount. I'm using it right now but not sure if its working that well at the moment. I tried using nissim shampoo/rinse but didn't think it was workin well either..
mowontech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #156
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
so how'd it go?
went well..

since i still had some hair, i just shaved my head so that my hair was like 5mm long.

i'll probably go 100% all the way next year..

lol..

my hair grows so slowly. i still haven't cut my hair since the last time.

my hair is only like 2cm long.
lol
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #157
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Just asked my doctor friend today. Yeah I noticed my hairline is receding too, and certain parts grow faster than others.

Monoxidil (Rogaine) is older. Finisteride (Proscar or Propecia) is newer. He recommended finisteride. According to him, finisteride is more effective, but works best if you still have hair in said area. It's more of "preventative maintenance" than "damage control".

My dad used Rogaine (spent a few grand on it) and he grew a handful of hairs up top. So personally I'm skeptical about that product.

The other downside iirc is that Rogaine is super-toxic to cats. If you rub it on your scalp, then visit a buddy who has one and your head touches the sofa..

Last edited by slammer111; 08-29-2010 at 11:41 PM.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #158
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
this is my daily regimine.... i started doing this when i noticed some hair line recession.. although it could be just a mature hairline and could never develop into full out MPB, I am not going to take any chances...

saw palmetto 2 times a day (morning, night)

regular shampoo or anti dandruff shampoo and woodys conditioner in the morning

nioxin shampoo and woodys conditioner at night.

research why saw palmetto might be the natural treatment for MPB. Also, nizoral has also been shown to increase hair thickness by creating a healthier scalp environment for follicles.

it is all about prevention and maintenance people! if you are very badly thinning/balding, it may be too late if follicles are permanently dormant... my advice is to everyone who is int heir early twenties, to take a good look in the mirror and see if you notice hair recession or a small patch on your crown slwoly getting bigger.

http://www.folica.com/hair-loss/hair...trient-actives

http://www.folica.com/reviews/hair-c...ly-conditioner
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:32 AM   #159
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
I am experiencing MPB as well but not as severe as several years ago (I don't know why). All my friends says that at the top of my head, I have very little hair, but not very bad. The very first time I got my haircut at my usual salon, my barber already told me I was losing hair, but just recently she said it's not getting any worst.

I researched into some remedies that might help, but I have never personally tried it myself.

- Rogaine, it will slow down hair loss but will not prevent it permanently. I also heard it has a side effect of altering your hormones.

- Lie on your bed and put your head downwards facing the ground. Allowing blood to flow to your head will feed your follicle for hair growth. Hair feeds on blood just like your nails.

- Don't use your nails to scrub your head when shampooing. Will speed up hair loss. Instead massage the shampoo into your hair gently.

- Buy hair dryer with a cold air function. Using hot hair to dry your hair will thin it.

- This may be an urban legend, which I have been wanting to try. Buy some ginger and squeeze the juice out of it until you have atleast a little bowl worth. Lather it onto your scalp and allow it to sit for 5 minutes. You should get a cold feeling on your scalp. This is to stimulate the follicle to allow hair to grow faster. Some people reported that their hair grow much faster, but no reports saying that they have grown more hair. It is also said that ginger has vitamin A that will help your hair growth.

But humans tend to lose hair everyday, those that are not going through hair loss are growing hair faster than they lose. So if you can speed up hair growth, you may slow it down a bit.

- Quit smoking if you haven't. I quit for 6 months and noticed very minimal hair loss during showers.

- Jogging and cardio will get your blood flowing to the head.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #160
Banned (ABWS)

^good advices...

yes i have heard about negative side effects of rogaine so i would try to avoid that
obselete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #161
Banned (ABWS)

fuk.. it costs so much to maintain my bald head.

I still have a lot of hair growing around the crown.... and a bit at the crown.

dam..... I'm getting used to wearing hats now.. so it covers the crown of my head.

hahaha
Old 09-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #162
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

good news people

rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #163
RS Veteran

ya ive seen that clip a while ago... we will see if anythign develops out of it..
Old 10-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #164
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
Anybody still using their Nioxin shampoos? How are the results so far?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #165
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
Anybody still using their Nioxin shampoos? How are the results so far?
i have been using nioxin for about 2 years now... well more like 1.5 i think.. i havent noticed any more hair loss/thinning on my crown, but my hairline is still receding a bit/the hairds around my temple are thinning a bit.. i dunno if there is anything that can be done with receding hairlines as rogaine doesnt even work with hair recession..

also, i am on nioxin and saw palmetto pills.. i won't really know for sure if it is working until another year or so... hair thins very slowly, and unless you are one of the few that are unlucky and "shed diffusely", then your hair loss will be very gradual and won't notice until it is almost too late. I caught mine very early on, but am not sure if anything is working as of yet.. If my hair stays the way it is right now i would be very happy though.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #166
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,195 Times in 5,577 Posts
fuck hair transplant surgery is hella expensive, at least from whats considered "the best" Hasson and Wong, locally, 10k for 2000 transplants

wonder if u can go elsewhere and get it for cheaper
Old 10-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #167
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
fuck hair transplant surgery is hella expensive, at least from whats considered "the best" Hasson and Wong, locally, 10k for 2000 transplants

wonder if u can go elsewhere and get it for cheaper
imo, all plugs look fake and retarded.. just wait for advancements.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #168
Banned (ABWS)

ppl should just do what I did.

just shave your head completely bald.

best way to save money.

use the saved money to buy LV bags for chicks.

guaranteed you will get more chicks than having hair. (but I have never tried this)
Old 10-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #169
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
ppl should just do what I did.

just shave your head completely bald.

best way to save money.

use the saved money to buy LV bags for chicks.

guaranteed you will get more chicks than having hair. (but I have never tried this)
losing hair is very psychologically damaging for most guys... esp if it happens suddenly. it is like when a woman gets her first wrinkle.. the difference is, there is botox for women..

anyways, fuck LV bags.. fuck any girl that needs to be bought shit to stick around.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #170
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
losing hair is very psychologically damaging for most guys... esp if it happens suddenly. it is like when a woman gets her first wrinkle.. the difference is, there is botox for women..

anyways, fuck LV bags.. fuck any girl that needs to be bought shit to stick around.

I agree about the psychological part.

at first I couldn't believe it myself that I'm going bald at the age of 21, but then afterwards I don't care anymore.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #171
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,195 Times in 5,577 Posts
Quote:
imo, all plugs look fake and retarded.. just wait for advancements.
The a actual follicle transplant seems to look pretty good from what I've seen, plugs are different because it's groups of hairs in one plug while the folicle transplant is a single hair
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #172
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The a actual follicle transplant seems to look pretty good from what I've seen, plugs are different because it's groups of hairs in one plug while the folicle transplant is a single hair
Posted via RS Mobile
the problem i have with any type of follicular transplant is that the hair has to come from somehwere .. ie the back of your head.. even if you graft enoguh hair to cover your crown, you will never be able to get enough from the back of your head to fully cover your crown.. the way balding goes is that eventually you will lose ALL your hair on top.. there is no way there is enough hair in the back of your head to cover the top completely.. depending on the stage of your hair loss you can graft to show fullness.. and then take stuff like propecia etc to keep the hair that has yet to fall off.. if you don't you will lose all the hair that was not grafted and you will eventually look like a freak.

in the end.. it does suck when you are in your 20s and balding.. but if you are in you 30s or even 40s.. accept it.. especially when you are married and have kids already lol

that being said, anyone hear reading this and if you are in your 20, even if you don't show signs of balding i would strongly recommend using preventative measures. some lose it slowly or really late in their life, but some can wake up oen morning with hair all over their pillow
Old 10-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #173
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
that being said, anyone hear reading this and if you are in your 20, even if you don't show signs of balding i would strongly recommend using preventative measures. some lose it slowly or really late in their life, but some can wake up oen morning with hair all over their pillow

too late.

but I don't regret not spending money on hair loss preventative measure
Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #174
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post
I researched into some remedies that might help, but I have never personally tried it myself.
Some good advice

Some things to add.
Protect your head from rain, wind, and cold. Wear a toque.
Stop eating so many chemicals.
Sleep more.

Last edited by Amuse; 10-31-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:58 AM   #175
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
Some good advice

Some things to add.
Protect your head from rain, wind, and cold. Wear a toque.
Stop eating so many chemicals.
Sleep more.
i think the last 2 are the only things i would follow that COULD help.. mind you guys, MPB has been going on for decades if not centuries.... in the end, we will give in to our genetics.