REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:22 AM   #76
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne_200 View Post
Mmm

Working in triple O's
-The meat patties could sometimes sit in a heat chute for 2 hrs+ and still get served, we just put more sauce on the burger
- Same with the fries, we just refry em
- The glaze used for the donuts gets reused at the end of the day and i have never seen it being dumped out completely. It's always a top-up

General Paint
- A gallon of paint retailing for 50 dollars+ only costs a contractor around 20 dollars to buy.
- You do not need to have any identification and still be able to get contractor pricing for paint if you know the account #
At most suppliers knowing the name alone is good enough. I can walk into any supplier we have an account at and just give them my company name and walk out with whatever I want. So basically if you know a company has an account somewhere you could buy stuff on their account very easily if you wanted to be a douche.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #77
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
why sun sui wah pudding not good...? i love em =<
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:54 AM   #78
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

WARNING: Many of you will find this disgusting.........

GM Place: I used to work there at the beer portable stands. Each molson canadian costs $7, Pale ale or Rickards cost $7.50. GM place makes money off the # cups of beer they sell, not the keg itself. There used to be (not too sure if its still going on) a beer cup scam, meaning that if I sold u a cup of beer and you came back with the same cup, we could refill it and charge you $7 and pocket the money. Some people took this to the extreme and would take used cups that people left lying around and would refill them and sell them to the next person purchasing beer. I always told my customers to come back with the same cup (because there was no point of my using a new cup). One playoff game, I made roughly $350 (beer scam, tip money, hourly wage) for 4 hours of work

Last edited by hotjoint; 09-03-2008 at 07:55 AM.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #79
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post

GM Place: I used to work there at the beer portable stands. Each molson canadian costs $7, Pale ale or Rickards cost $7.50. GM place makes money off the # cups of beer they sell, not the keg itself. There used to be (not too sure if its still going on) a beer cup scam, meaning that if I sold u a cup of beer and you came back with the same cup, we could refill it and charge you $7 and pocket the money. Some people took this to the extreme and would take used cups that people left lying around and would refill them and sell them to the next person purchasing beer. I always told my customers to come back with the same cup (because there was no point of my using a new cup). One playoff game, I made roughly $350 (beer scam, tip money, hourly wage) for 4 hours of work
Or you can just straight up steal money while you're at it.

if they don't know that much beer is gone, they're idiots

oh and sun sui wah's puddings are jizzed in.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #80
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Many Western Family products are made by Kraft. Why pay more?

Kev
Old 09-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #81
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post

gross dude

gross
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #82
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.201314% View Post
Yeah you could but if your count at the end of the night and money dont match you, you'd get in shit.

Last edited by hotjoint; 09-03-2008 at 09:03 AM.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #83
I don't get it

Quote:

well never eating their pudding again
michimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #84
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
Didn't any of you guys ever sign a waiver pleding that you woulnd't reveal inside company information during and after your employment?

With that aside. Don't eat at Cloud 9 Restaurant. Trust me. Don't ever eat there.
details please!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #85
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:

wow fuckin serious?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #86
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
restaurant manager splits in your food if you complain, nothing new, but it's true
what restaurant do you work at?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #87
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

This doesnt affect us much here, but do NOT send a car on the train. Like all the JDM cars that land here and get sent on the train to alberta or whatever, the guys that move them out of the container and onto the train will bag on them sooooo hard..

Same goes for new cars, actually. At most dealerships, the lot attendants are kids, some dont even have their license yet (it's legal since it's private property). Obviously the sportier the car, the harder they ride it..
ZiG-87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #88
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
audio installs. are also 50%..
(then again, if u go to http://www.audioheaven.ca/ (in Toronto) u can get compustars (new models) installed for $449, so paying $700 at sounds good and other places is a rippoff)
Do you think before you post? Sure, you can get compustars installed for $449... In TORONTO... If you haven't studied Canada's geography lately, Toronto isn't anywhere near the lower mainland.

So according to you, lets all drive to Toronto to get stuff installed, and save $251 !!!
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #89
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

most of your cookies and shit you buy from safeway will be crumbled up due to the fact we play baseball with it in the backroom
btw, there are rats everywhere

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #90
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE View Post
most of your cookies and shit you buy from safeway will be crumbled up due to the fact we play baseball with it in the backroom
btw, there are rats everywhere
no.. not the cookies..
i'm shopping elsewhere now

Last edited by cookies; 09-03-2008 at 10:31 AM.
cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #91
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

general paint gets their paint for 20 bucks cost and sell them for 50? damn... ici gets their paint for like say 13 dollars? sells them for like 40. lol a pail of paint cost about 35 dollars? sells for about 150. lol so funny.
Bat-A-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #92
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

From what I know in general....anything retail is supposed to be marked up at least 300%....or else how are you suppose to make money selling it for cost?
What about cost for Shipping? Labour? Storage?
Sodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #93
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride View Post
I'll quess Army & Navy Alex.
correct for $1000.

did you work there?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #94
Rs has made me the man i am today!

whoa whoa whoa calm down there

Sun Sui Wah's mango pudding isn't jizzed on.

It's just stored in the same fridge with open, uncovered beef + chicken.
EndLeSS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #95
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenosan View Post
Do you think before you post? Sure, you can get compustars installed for $449... In TORONTO... If you haven't studied Canada's geography lately, Toronto isn't anywhere near the lower mainland.

So according to you, lets all drive to Toronto to get stuff installed, and save $251 !!!
lol. dont take it personally dude, the pricing dealers get from factory is the same. just markup in vancouver is higher cause they know people will pay it. its simple.,

what does geography has to do with it. i do admit gas is cheaper in the east. but thats by 10-15 cents.

so why $200 + price different in alarm/installs. , besides i never said drive to TO, i just said its a rippoff to get the alarms installed at these places.

u should think in ur head not ur ass

Last edited by tool001; 09-03-2008 at 01:11 PM.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #96
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Oasis car wash.. from a long time ago...

If they find money in the car they keep it. Its called "scoops" if anyone says anything it simply "must have gotten sucked up in the vaccuum". I used to double my wage there everyday with scoops.

Berz out.
that's called theft under 5,000....it's 'cuz of scumbags like you that I don't trust anyone with my vehicles unless it's something I can't do myself...

Last edited by OffroadZuki; 09-03-2008 at 01:19 PM.
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #97
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Alot of people here must hate their jobs, or just be real asses in real life. Why would anyone want to mess up peoples things that they buy and spend their good money on? Does it make you any bigger of a person when you've messed something up real bad and then people bought it? Jeez, you must go to bed thinking really highly of yourself. Pat yourself on the back.

I'm just one of those guys that goes to my job and does it the best i can. People pay good money for services, and the things they buy. I wouldn't want to waste my money, or someone else at that.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-03-2008, 01:22 PM   #98
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
Alot of people here must hate their jobs, or just be real asses in real life. Why would anyone want to mess up peoples things that they buy and spend their good money on? Does it make you any bigger of a person when you've messed something up real bad and then people bought it? Jeez, you must go to bed thinking really highly of yourself. Pat yourself on the back.

I'm just one of those guys that goes to my job and does it the best i can. People pay good money for services, and the things they buy. I wouldn't want to waste my money, or someone else at that.

what he said

Last edited by cookies; 09-03-2008 at 01:22 PM.
cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #99
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 View Post
whoa whoa whoa calm down there

Sun Sui Wah's mango pudding isn't jizzed on.

It's just stored in the same fridge with open, uncovered beef + chicken.
I also heard that the baked tapioca pudding dish costs the restaurant $2 per dish at most, while they charge you $12+ each!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post

Well said. I wouldn't want my stuff messed around with, so why would I mess around with other people's stuff?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:43 PM   #100
Banned (ABWS)

people who do that are petty little losers who have to feel mighty somehow...since they have shit, dead-end jobs and crappy lives, they get some sort of sick satisfaction out of fucking some stranger...but are, of course, too big of a pussy to actually let the stranger know...it's sad
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote