REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #326
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_coupe View Post
When someone pukes in a roller coaster at playland, they hose it down, fill it up with water and keep sending the ride around the track. Meanwhile, they fill up the other roller coaster with people (theres usually 2 coasters). After awhile, when the line up is filled with new people that haven't witnessed the puking, they'll start using the dirty coaster again.
That is just completely unacceptable! They should throw away the roller coaster!

Jokes... but seriously, what would you expect them to do?
Advertisement
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #327
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsdeman View Post
Red Robin in north vancouver..... No dont even think about it. I knew some1 who pissed in the deep fat fryer and thats what they cooked all the fries in over the course of an evening!!!
How many people went to the hospital afterwards? Cuz everyone knows water and hot oil don't mix...
Old 09-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #328
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
then they're doing it wrong. i knew a guy who did nothing but farm gold. went on nonstop vacations and quit his day job.
the secret is, MMO farms are just a cover up for money laundering, their purpose was not to farm gold and sell.
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 PM   #329
Circle Stick Square Mod

lol when i was working at playland the old coaster lost its rear seats and the rest of the train kept going. that was hilarious,

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #330
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
the secret is, MMO farms are just a cover up for money laundering, their purpose was not to farm gold and sell.
???

why do money laundering through an income source that isnt even declared?

anyways im sure they have their reasons. i just cant fathom it at the moment
Old 09-14-2008, 01:42 AM   #331
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Good buddy of mine use to work at CompuSmart on georgia st. downtown. its no longer there. or maybe moved?
Technicians there were lazy and deceitful like shit.
They look at your computer/laptop etc for 15 minutes and they charge you for 2 hours of labour. Sometimes they say the problem is not fixable, but it is, they are just too lazy to spend the time and effort on it and they will just say its not fixable and that they have a sale upstairs on their desktop computers to get people to buy it.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #332
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,470 Times in 1,148 Posts
heh I used to work above compusmart, yeah that store is gone now.
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #333
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
McDonalds Kingsway & Vic - 5+ years ago

We only made 2 veggie patties per day , it would sit in the warmer from opening ( 6.am) till closing ( 12.pm). Never order veggie patties from mc dix.

We dont use gloves when putting your burger together , we wipe off the grease on our pants and move onto the next burger.

Cheese Slices ( they come in blocks ) stay out the entire night - hence the rubbery feel.

I was there for 6mo's - couldnt remember the if we ever cleaned the Sunday & Milkshake machine.

I used to work at McD too for 2.5yrs at the old Pacific Center location (now Holt Renfrew)

I can honestly say we have done all the above too.
more to add:

muffins are baked in the morning and are left sitting there for the whole day.

Chicken strips or Grilled chicken breasts are also made at around 11am and would sit there in warmer all day until someone orders it. It would be all dry, rubbery and hard..we'll just dip it in the grease and microwave it to make it juicy again.

The lettuce in salads and burgers are prepackaged and are usually still used even if they have been expired a long time ago. Same goes with the tomatoes.

The coolers where the eggs, milk, dairy products, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese are kept have mold in there usually in the deep corners and in the boxes old expired dairy products that are tucked way in the back of the cooler.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #334
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
^ have you ever dipped your finger in a parfait inside the cool room .... n had a taste .. lol ... n tried to cover it up ? .. that was awesome ... n the frozen strawberries are fab-u-los!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:05 PM   #335
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-fever View Post
I used to work at McD too for 2.5yrs at the old Pacific Center location (now Holt Renfrew)

more to add:

Chicken strips or Grilled chicken breasts are also made at around 11am and would sit there in warmer all day until someone orders it. It would be all dry, rubbery and hard..we'll just dip it in the grease and microwave it to make it juicy again.

The lettuce in salads and burgers are prepackaged and are usually still used even if they have been expired a long time ago. Same goes with the tomatoes.

The coolers where the eggs, milk, dairy products, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese are kept have mold in there usually in the deep corners and in the boxes old expired dairy products that are tucked way in the back of the cooler.
that's the reason why i RARELY eat at mcdonalds.

i just really wonder how the people who work at mcdonalds eat food from the place they work..
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #336
d1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
McDonalds Kingsway & Vic - 5+ years ago

We only made 2 veggie patties per day , it would sit in the warmer from opening ( 6.am) till closing ( 12.pm). Never order veggie patties from mc dix.

We dont use gloves when putting your burger together , we wipe off the grease on our pants and move onto the next burger.

Cheese Slices ( they come in blocks ) stay out the entire night - hence the rubbery feel.

I was there for 6mo's - couldnt remember the if we ever cleaned the Sunday & Milkshake machine.
You know that chefs at other restaurants do not use gloves as well when preparing food right? There is nothing wrong with this and it makes absolute sense. It's a lot easier to wash your hands after touching/cooking raw meat than to get a new pair of gloves each time.

And as for the 'we wipe off grease on our pants' comment, you should say so for yourself only. I worked at that same mcdonald's 4 years prior and I never did that.

Someone also mentioned that muffins were baked in the morning and left there until night. Again, I see nothing wrong with this; baked goods don't expire in a day.
d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #337
easy e

Yeah but chef's constantly wash their hands and keep clean, unlike all of you fucks that don't know shit about sanitation or karma.

Careful when you cross the street tomorrow morning, you might run into someone who is just as careless as you.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #338
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

At EB Games, the backroom is usually full of games that are scattered all over the place. The games are kicked around to clear paths. People will trade in rare games for pennies and the employees will have first dibs. I have seen people trade in MvC2, non greatest hits FF, chronotrigger, and a silent scope rifle. The "hold" drawer is where they are all kept.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #339
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiko View Post
Yeah but chef's constantly wash their hands and keep clean, unlike all of you fucks that don't know shit about sanitation or karma.

Careful when you cross the street tomorrow morning, you might run into someone who is just as careless as you.
I disagree. I worked at mcdonalds for 2 years and the one I worked at (russ baker) we were damn clean.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #340
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAddict View Post
At EB Games, the backroom is usually full of games that are scattered all over the place. The games are kicked around to clear paths. People will trade in rare games for pennies and the employees will have first dibs. I have seen people trade in MvC2, non greatest hits FF, chronotrigger, and a silent scope rifle. The "hold" drawer is where they are all kept.
i remember when i got my Star Ocean 2, i was talking to one of the guys that worked there (this was like 5+ years ago) and he said they had 2 copies and he was planning to buy them both, cause they were hard to get ahold of, and i ended up buying one of them lol. still have the game ;D.

although what i want to find is a PS1 ver of Valkyrie Profile. i have the PSP ver but its not the same.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:15 PM   #341
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAddict View Post
Shit, is a Silent Scope Rifle worth money? I still have one. How much do you think I could get.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #342
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-fever View Post

more to add:

You guys think this is bad?

Try eating "Mexico burger" in Costa Rica

Nothing like taking a bite out of a burger and having a 24 inch long piece of sinew stuck between your teeth.

McDonald's anywhere in the world > Local fast "food"
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #343
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslater View Post
Shit, is a Silent Scope Rifle worth money? I still have one. How much do you think I could get.
LOL, at first I thought he meant Super Scope for the SNES!!!

Anyways, I didn't realize the black label FF7 is worth sooooo much!!

I have the game sitting around somewhere!! The greatest hits version is worth nothing compared to the black label version!
dai3yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #344
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by `kiz View Post
that's the reason why i RARELY eat at mcdonalds.

i just really wonder how the people who work at mcdonalds eat food from the place they work..
I never ate anything from the restaurant unless I made it myself (though you are not supposed to). I'd take it straight from the big freezer in the back and not from the small ones in the kitchen where someone else stocked them up.
twstd_reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #345
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
thing is, I have many many friend's working at mcdonalds and they call me up every once in a while to eat...

:/ what's acutally consumable in mcdonalds that is uber clean..
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #346
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
^ i like their grill chicken , no mater what anyone says , its the most healthy , therefore most people it , meaning its more fresh , cuz if i remember correctly , they keep 6 grill patties all the time ....

or get a coke to drink .. safe as coca cola makes it . .

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #347
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
That is just completely unacceptable! They should throw away the roller coaster!

Jokes... but seriously, what would you expect them to do?
Get a wet-vac and suck up all the chunks. Spray down the puke spot, wash it out. Send it on a run. Then spray it with sanitizer, hose it up, then send it again. Dry it up with a Towel then send it again.

I'm sure people can think of better ways than just hosing it down. When you invite a guest over at your house, do you just water your plates? Sure, no one's eating off the roller coaster seat, but when you find chunks of post-ingested mini donuts and white spot burgers on your socks, you'll wish they did throw out the coaster
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #348
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
^ yet as unsafe as the machine it flows through and the grubby ass ice they put in there. ice machines are never, ever cleaned.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #349
VLS Barista Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ yet as unsafe as the machine it flows through and the grubby ass ice they put in there. ice machines are never, ever cleaned.
That might be true for most places, but I know at Starbucks they clean out the ice machine at least once every two weeks and run sanitizer through it.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #350
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
well they better, if I have to pay $5 for a damned drink, but I think it's safe to guess even *$ has less than perfect stores. but at McD's with the $1 coffees and refills, I doubt the $8/hr kids who work there ever clean the ice machine. Hell, a kid in the states did a science project on which was cleaner at a fast food place, the ice machine or the toilet water after 2 flushes to ensure there were no leftovers. you can guess which one ended up being cleaner.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote